PDA

View Full Version : broncoM recap of maddog radio...

tsiguy96
09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
saw this and thought it was interesting, ive listened to mad dog on occasion as well. from fraguela09 on BM.

Mad Dog (XM/Sirius Radio) on the Denver Broncos
Let me give you some background first: Chris "maddog" Russo has his own sports channel on XM/Sirius Radio. He's been here for a little over a year now. However, he was part of the popular 'Mike and the Maddog' show in New York for 16 years, on WFAN Radio.

Anyway, I've listened to him over the years, and I can say without a doubt that he's not a Denver Broncos fan. It may be b/c they beat his Packers in the SuperBowl (I think he's a GB fan)' or who knows why. It's not like he's anti-Broncos, it's just that he's never really had anything nice to say about them (and that's when Denver was good).

They had this trivia contest where you can win SuperBowl tickets, but you give the team you root for first.... Suffice to say Broncos fans never were given softball questions to start them off.

SECONDLY, This guy actually bet the UNDER for Denver this year.... I think the under for Denver on the season is 6.5 games or something. So, he's putting money on Denver winning less than 7 games.

SO.... I'm listening this afternoon and he brings up the CINCY game. He starts off saying "how can you sleep if you're a Bengals fan." THEN, he admits he was watching this game- mainly b/c he bet against DEN this year.

Now, for the meat of this post (He goes on say):

1- The Denver Broncos outplayed CIN yesterday. They were the better team for the 60 minutes. Simple as that. This should give some comfort to CIN fans b/c DEN deserved to win.

2- Denver was not lucky that they won. CIN would have been lucky if they won the game- sure they had a chance to steal the game, but DEN was the better team.

3- He gave props to Mcdaniels for his insistance to review the clock. Said that decision was huge, and showed him something about Josh Mcdaniels. He loved it.

4- He was shocked how the team reacted after the win, how they responded to their new HC. He said specifically that he saw BIG TIME defensive players run up to hug Josh, and hoist them on their shoulders (so to speak).

* I saw myself on the post game highlights, on the home page, how Dawkins hugged Mcdaniels. And, I defer to his judegement. If Dawkins is willing to go to war for Josh, I'm changing my tune on this guy and where he can lead us!

5- He's now officially worried about his bet. He said if you bet the under on DEN this season, to win less than 7 games, this is not a good sign. You should be worried. He felt like he sensed something going on with this team, and how they are "together" and "into" their new HC.

6- Finally, he added that Mcdaniels is not Mangini. Players didn't love Mangini, or get his system.... It seems the opposite with Josh Mcdaniels.

Anyway.... I hope he's right! Go DENVER!

KevinJames
09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
tsi you get a lot of hate on this board lol but this was a pretty good post. Thanks for posting it.

Its always interesting to see good input from people who think we are going to suck, and I think he was on the money with the statement that this team looks like its together and they are playing for McD.

Hulamau
09-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice find. I noticed that too after the game how Dawkins and several other Defensive and offensive players were hugging and backslapping Josh. That is a good sign for chemistry in this team. I think they will play wit ha chip on their shoulder all year.

Finger Roll
09-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I loved the maddog when he was on WFAN. What did he say about Cutler?

ant1999e
09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm really hoping for the best but our schedule is brutal. If we play the rest of the season like we did last night, it will be a long one.

barryr
09-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Not everybody thinks the Broncos are terrible and one of the worst teams around. Some Cutler fans do and that's a shame since they don't want to enjoy any of the wins and successes.

phillybroncosnut
09-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Uggg Maddog is a total jinx.... Kiss of death... We will now lose the next 15. Son of a *****

listopencil
09-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Makes you wonder if losing Shanny might have been the best thing that has happened to the Broncos in a long time. Stuns me to think of that, but it might be true.

McDman
09-14-2009, 06:04 PM
If our offense doesn't improve we are definitely screwed with our schedule.