PDA

View Full Version : Talk about favoritism

prunch
09-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Without getting into which QB is better ......

There is barely a peep about a certain Chicago QB's showing last night when you compare that to the wave of press for Orton's 3 picks in the first preseason game.

I am amazed at how little press it is getting ....... blown away to be honest.

Man-Goblin
09-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I would have to disagree. Delightfully, the most talked about story on all the national shows I have listened to has been how bad the douchebag played.

Mr. Elway
09-14-2009, 12:45 PM
I too have seen far more attention to Cutler today than Orton.

Dedhed
09-14-2009, 12:46 PM

There is barely a peep about a certain Chicago QB's showing last night when you compare that to the wave of press for Orton's 3 picks in the first preseason game.

I'd bet Clayton's jaw is sore this morning from having to blow every producer at ESPN last night not to harp on Cutler's outing.

Although his jaw is in pretty good shape after knobbing Cutler for the last 4 months.

Peoples Champ
09-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I would have to disagree. Delightfully, the most talked about story on all the national shows I have listened to has been how bad the douchebag played.

Ya,

Jay Cutlers sad pouty face was on the front page of ESPN.com this morning.

Cool Breeze
09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
They hop on the wagon and carp about whoever sucks most recently. Right now it's Jay!

Pony Boy
09-14-2009, 12:55 PM
The media justification for Cutler is his receivers are quitting on the routes and Cuttler is throwing to the spot where the receiver should be........ There is no justification for what Orton was doing .... worst footwork since Craig Morton .......

loborugger
09-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Listened to Dan Patrick and Jim Rome today. Little Bronco talk not covering Orton at all. Lotsa Cutler talk.

BroncoBuff
09-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Gotta disagree there ... this place was LOADED with Bears watchers and Jay-haters last night ... over 800 posts in that one thread alone during the game. That's a heckuva lot more than a "peep."

Besides, this is a Broncos board, not a Bears board ... more attention will be on Broncos for good or for bad ithink.

Rock Chalk
09-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Gotta disagree there ... this place was LOADED with Bears watchers and Jay-haters last night ... over 800 posts in that one thread alone during the game. That's a heckuva lot more than a "peep."

Besides, this is a Broncos board, not a Bears board ... more attention will be on Broncos for good or for bad ithink.

LOL you really are a moron.

He was talking about media coverage not Orangemane coverage.

BroncoBuff
09-14-2009, 03:22 PM
LOL you really are a moron.

He was talking about media coverage not Orangemane coverage.

That's even worse ... I was up early, and ESPN was wall-to-wall Cutler. To say there "was barely a peep" on Cutler from the national media is flat out wrong, preposterous actually.

prunch, do you have cable?

Popps
09-14-2009, 03:35 PM

NFL Live did quite a segment on it. It's actually gotten decent coverage. I saw Paige on there basically saying... "that's what you get with Cutler.. that's who he is."

Look, we all know which QB has more physical talent.

But, after one week.

Orton's QB rating: 100

Cutler's QB rating: 43

Enough said.

prunch
09-14-2009, 03:43 PM
k, stand corrected I only followed written press ........ but I hear you all on the TV/Radio coverage.

missingnumber7
09-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Its week 1...eh.

barryr
09-14-2009, 04:26 PM
It seemed quite a few people, myself included, stated that Cutler would have troubles this season since the Bear WR group was not strong and their o-line isn't either. So if the excuses for Cutler are about his surrounding cast, well, then looks like quite a few of us were right and those stating that Cutler would do great regardless have some more thinking to do.

listopencil
09-14-2009, 04:53 PM
But, after one week.

Orton's QB rating: 100

Cutler's QB rating: 43

Enough said.

I know that QB ratings aren't the be-all and end-all of judging a QB but that's funny stuff right there.

tsiguy96
09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
The media justification for Cutler is his receivers are quitting on the routes and Cuttler is throwing to the spot where the receiver should be........ There is no justification for what Orton was doing .... worst footwork since Craig Morton .......

absolutely, its pretty bad in IL right now. cutler is getting 1/10 of the blame for all this, its all his oline and receivers fault. odd that orton played with worse oline and receivers with the bears last year and managed to win. now im not the guy that points to win-loss records generally simply because it is a team game, but at some point it IS a trend.

Popps
09-14-2009, 05:09 PM
It seemed quite a few people, myself included, stated that Cutler would have troubles this season since the Bear WR group was not strong and their o-line isn't either. So if the excuses for Cutler are about his surrounding cast, well, then looks like quite a few of us were right and those stating that Cutler would do great regardless have some more thinking to do.

Hence my exhaustive efforts to educate the forum on the difference between a "franchise quarterback," and a guy with a good arm.

I'd imagine even the saddest of widows is beginning to see the light. Slowly, but I think the Elway-comparison nonsense will be drying up around here.

eddie mac
09-14-2009, 05:44 PM
In all honesty who cares who the media favour or hate. Infact if I was a Broncos player on that 53 man roster it would give me a little bit more motivation to go out there every Sunday and ram it down their throats.

They think we're a terrible team, run by an idiot who made two of the worst decisions in a long time within this league. Up to the players/coaches to prove them wrong on and off the field from hereon out. The only relevance Cutler should have to Denver fans at this point is how well his team performs this year for the status of our 2010 draft pick.

So far we're 1-0. By hook or by crook is irrelevant at this point. Standings are all that matters come December, not how good your team is/was or could be. This weekend it starts all over again and the team will be judged on whether they can make ir 2-0 or 1-1.

BroncoBuff
09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
I think the Elway-comparison nonsense will be drying up around here.
We didn't say that, Champ Bailey did ... :~ohyah!:

One game and you think you can make a judgment? That was a career-high in picks. He'll play better, he'll play worse too, but it's way too early to pass judgement on what he's gonna do.

Atwater His Ass
09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
So far we're 1-0. By hook or by crook is irrelevant at this point.

Not if you would like to win more games than you lose.

tsiguy96
09-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Not if you would like to win more games than you lose.

ummm yea and right now weve won more games then weve lost. good try though.