PDA

View Full Version : Larsen Hurt in Locker Room Injury???

cmhargrove
09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Larsen hurts shoulder in freak fall
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press
AFC West blog
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos linebacker Spencer Larsen will miss a few weeks after injuring his shoulder in a freak fall in the locker room at Cincinnati.

Larsen slipped on a wet surface and injured a shoulder while trying to break his fall, coach Josh McDaniels said Monday.

McDaniels said Larsen's tumble wasn't the result of horseplay.

The second-year pro's injury apparently occurred in the 90 minutes before kickoff because he wasn't among the inactive players in Denver's 12-7 win over the Bengals.

link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4472980

crush17
09-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Saw that in McD's press conference after the game. Sucks, but get well soon Spencer!

Bronco Yoda
Is this a joke. You gotta be kidding me.... wtf!

Tombstone RJ
That sucks. No wonder I never saw his number on the field.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Workmans comp claim?

Dedhed
09-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Plastic cleats on tile floors are the worst idea ever. There was a rule in my high school that you weren't allowed to wear cleats inside because some kid slipped and put his hand through a trophy case.

I've taken diggers myself like that.

SoDak Bronco
09-14-2009, 12:07 PM
sounds like the bengals were going for an early KO

BigPlayShay
09-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Plastic cleats on tile floors are the worst idea ever. There was a rule in my high school that you weren't allowed to wear cleats inside because some kid slipped and put his hand through a trophy case.

No joke, it is like walking on ice.

PRBronco
09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Man, I've been spending all day trying to figure out how someone could hurt their shoulder in the dressing room, this makes sense at least. My best guess was he tweaked it pulling his pads on. I used to play hockey with a guy who dislocated his shoulder putting a jacket on ><

Get better Larsen!

gtown
09-14-2009, 12:12 PM
sounds like the bengals were going for an early KO

Possibly. Or maybe Spencer walked into the Bengals locker room inadvertently, realized where he was, and commenced kicking ass with reckless abandon. That seems more plausible to me.

Popps
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Slipped on Brandon's McDonalds bag?

TheReverend
09-14-2009, 12:39 PM
I hear it's an injury to an undisclosed extremity

That sounds bad guys.

Florida_Bronco
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM

Same here.

Baba Booey
09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
A few weeks wtf!

UberBroncoMan
09-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Was wondering where he was... really would have helped us on that final drive to give an ILB a breather.

At least we should have him back after the next two "easier" games.

BroncoBuff
09-14-2009, 02:40 PM
OT: Anybody know the other inactives? Larsen plus Quinn, Olsen, maybe Baker??

PRBronco
09-14-2009, 02:46 PM
OT: Anybody know the other inactives? Larsen plus Quinn, Olsen, maybe Baker??

Brandstater, Barrett, Kuper, Baker, Gorin, Lloyd, Moss and Smith. I guess Larsen was hurt so late that he couldn't be listed as inactive.

First page here: http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54471/CIN_Gamebook.pdf

Apparently Quinn played at some point, must have been on STs.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Brandstater, Barrett, Kuper, Baker, Gorin, Lloyd, Moss and Smith. I guess Larsen was hurt so late that he couldn't be listed as inactive.

First page here: http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54471/CIN_Gamebook.pdf

Lulz at Jarvis Moss. His third year in the league, and he's still on the JV. Maybe he needs more time to develop.

BigPlayShay
09-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Larsen's injury was actually after the inactives were announced so we played with 44 rather than the 45 limit. Most likely the reason that Hillis played so much Special Teams, and not a great deal of offense.

Florida_Bronco
09-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Lulz at Jarvis Moss. His third year in the league, and he's still on the JV. Maybe he needs more time to develop.

Didn't you swear up and down he'd be cut?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Didn't you swear up and down he'd be cut?

Yeah, I did. He's hanging on to the last roster spot, and not even dressing for games. It's only a matter of time. You think he's going to somehow get it together and play to his billing?