PDA

View Full Version : Bears LB Urlacher out for season

Houshyamama
09-14-2009, 11:54 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuOVdnlF8kWGrSNMOO4VOA85nYcB?slug=ap-bears-urlacher&prov=ap&type=lgns

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2009, 11:56 AM
3rd time's a charm I guess.

Bronco LB52
09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Houshyamama

You think you are ****ing Adam Schefter all of the sudden because you broke the news here?

Houshyamama
09-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Jesus Christ dude

tsiguy96
09-14-2009, 01:52 PM
good for us, hes a hard guy to replace.

lex
09-14-2009, 01:55 PM
good for us, hes a hard guy to replace.

Theyre looking at Derrick Brooks.

Popps
09-14-2009, 01:58 PM
They have a franchise QB. They'll be fine.

SportinOne
09-14-2009, 02:20 PM

you're such an idiot

bronco militia
09-14-2009, 02:22 PM
LMAO at popps...its' like fishing with dynamite

bpc
09-14-2009, 02:22 PM
It's good for our draft pick. I'm down with that.

Tombstone RJ
09-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Not sure this will really affect Chicago's defense. Urlacher is not the player he was 3 years ago.

Bronco Yoda
09-14-2009, 02:24 PM
They sure did put the kabosh on him. Before the game all they kept saying was how he was healthy for the first time in years. How everyone was looking forward to him at 100%

BroncoMan4ever
09-14-2009, 02:26 PM

yeah that franchise QB looked great last night carrying them to a loss.

sad that Urlacher is hurt, because i hate to see players get injured no matter how much i may hate their guts, but happy that the Bears just downgraded in defensive talent because now our pick is moving higher.

BroncoMan4ever
09-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Not sure this will really affect Chicago's defense. Urlacher is not the player he was 3 years ago.

he's still the heart and soul of that defense. he is the teams leader. in a way losing Urlacher is like us when we lost Wilson. maybe not as bad because the Bears have more talent on that side of the ball, but it is still going to hurt them

Tombstone RJ
09-14-2009, 02:30 PM
he's still the heart and soul of that defense. he is the teams leader. in a way losing Urlacher is like us when we lost Wilson. maybe not as bad because the Bears have more talent on that side of the ball, but it is still going to hurt them

We can only hope this is the case. Best case scenario, Chicago's defense goes in the toilet.... :egbgb:

Los Broncos
09-14-2009, 02:44 PM
And they were just talking about him be over the injuries and all that, just strange.

scorpio
09-14-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/graphic/2009-09/49257804.jpg

UberBroncoMan
09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Theyre looking at Derrick Brooks.

Who would be a perfect fit. Apparently when working our for New Orleans in the off-season people were shocked in how good of shape he was.

If Larsen had a season ending injury I would have advocated us picking him up for depth and further leadership/coaching.

BroncoBuff
09-14-2009, 04:07 PM
That's good for us.

UberBroncoMan

Mike Brown was also part of their heart and soul and they let him go off to Kansas City (their attempt to get their own Dawkins).

ScottXray

Hilarious!Hilarious!LOL

bpc
09-14-2009, 04:12 PM
yeah that franchise QB looked great last night carrying them to a loss.

sad that Urlacher is hurt, because i hate to see players get injured no matter how much i may hate their guts, but happy that the Bears just downgraded in defensive talent because now our pick is moving higher.

Obviously you didn't watch the game because while Cutler's stat line looked bad, he also led Chicago back into the lead two times in the 2nd half.

I know, you guys will hang your hat on anything bad that Jay does. Whatever, that's your MO. Still, he put Chicago in a position to win last night against a rival team, and a crazy crown on their home soil.

Jay decent in his first start for Chicago. Gave them a chance to win.

Los Broncos
09-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Someone post that photo of him "blitz in disguise"

snowspot66
09-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Obviously you didn't watch the game because while Cutler's stat line looked bad, he also led Chicago back into the lead two times in the 2nd half.

I know, you guys will hang your hat on anything bad that Jay does. Whatever, that's your MO. Still, he put Chicago in a position to win last night against a rival team, and a crazy crown on their home soil.

Decent in his first start? Bull****. He was what he always was. Good for a quarter of two. I don't remember one single complete game from Cutler in three years here. He had his good couple of drives and they conveniently weren't behind by thirty at that point so they had a chance.

Popps
09-14-2009, 06:03 PM

:thumbsup:

Mr.Meanie
09-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Still, he put Chicago in a position to win last night against a rival team, and a crazy crown on their home soil.

And then promptly lost them the game ala Favre in NFC Championship 07.

Broncobiv
09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Someone post that photo of him "blitz in disguise"
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2144263#post2144263

disguised blitz
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=22414&stc=1&d=1225298691

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2009, 06:58 PM

Did you just call Field Crown? Really? It can make a difference, but still.

Popps
09-14-2009, 07:16 PM

Hilarious!

I honestly love this place. No writers can come up with comedy like this.

Chris, I know you would have been just as charitable if Orton **** the bed instead of Cutler, right?

43 QB rating?

4 ****ing INTs?

"Decent game?"

"Gave them a chance to WIN."

ROFL!

Honestly, man. I love you... but that's just epic.

Dedhed
09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Not sure this will really affect Chicago's defense. Urlacher is not the player he was 3 years ago.Neither was Al Wilson, but he was still the heart of the defense, and they completely fell apart when he left.

Los Broncos
09-14-2009, 09:06 PM

disguised blitz
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=22414&stc=1&d=1225298691

Haha, thanks.

ChSuperStar
09-14-2009, 10:45 PM
if only hester goes down next week and forte the week after.. we could very well be waiting for a top 5 pick... LOL

bpc
09-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Hilarious!

I honestly love this place. No writers can come up with comedy like this.

Chris, I know you would have been just as charitable if Orton **** the bed instead of Cutler, right?

43 QB rating?

4 ****ing INTs?

"Decent game?"

"Gave them a chance to WIN."

ROFL!

Honestly, man. I love you... but that's just epic.

I'm the yin to your yang.

easymobee
09-14-2009, 11:40 PM
I agree with the above posters comment. Poster A says give Jay a chance (4 ints) 1st game blah blah blah, but if Orton threw 4 picks in a loss week one (also happens to be his 1st game w/ new team) that poster would be leading the lynch mob.

SouthStndJunkie
09-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Behold....the wrist of Urlacher.

Archer81
09-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Behold....the wrist of Urlacher.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNUCsUUaevk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNUCsUUaevk&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:Broncos:

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I don't get why Cutler-bashing is worth such time and energy? We had more than 800 posts in the Bears thread last night, I don't get that ... he's just not relevant anymore.

You Cutler-haters sound like you're trying to convince yourselves.

kdissette
09-15-2009, 01:08 AM
I actually posted this news like this morning

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 01:12 AM
I actually posted this news like this morning
Technically, I started the first thread ... that he needed surgery ;D

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84291

lex
09-15-2009, 01:29 AM
I don't get why Cutler-bashing is worth such time and energy? We had more than 800 posts in the Bears thread last night, I don't get that ... he's just not relevant anymore.

You Cutler-haters sound like you're trying to convince yourselves.

Its all part of their playbook. They pile on knowing that at some point in the future Cutler will likely go off. But they feel they are immune to this because theyll just play the "Im a better fan than you card" if you throw it in their faces. Thats how a lot of them are.

Popps
09-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Its all part of their playbook. They pile on knowing that at some point in the future Cutler will likely go off. But they feel they are immune to this because theyll just play the "Im a better fan than you card" if you throw it in their faces. Thats how a lot of them are.

You're over-thinking it, kid.

Fans are an emotional lot. (Fan=fanatic.)

This guy walked out on the team for "greener" pastures, and he **** the bed in his first game. We spent all off-season hearing about how screwed we were without him. (Though better educated fans realize this isn't the case.)

So, don't be surprised if people have a little fun at Cutler's expense going forward.

Dude threw up a 43 QB rating and looked like dog-****. You think Broncos fans aren't going to have some fun with that? If so, you just don't understand the basic nature of fans very well.

You can wish it weren't true, but that's the way it is. Fans aren't always detached, rational and 100% subjective. That's not how it works.

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 01:39 AM

I hate that "fan" card, only punks pull that crap. It's just football, if you're this angry in here, what must your real life be like?

The funny part is I'm a big Jay fan, hated to see him go. But I care a million times less about him that some of these guys who claim they hate him ... ROFL!

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 01:46 AM
This guy walked out on the team for "greener" pastures, and he **** the bed in his first game. We spent all off-season hearing about how screwed we were without him. (Though better educated fans realize this isn't the case.)

So, don't be surprised if people have a little fun at Cutler's expense going forward.

Dude threw up a 43 QB rating and looked like dog-****. You think Broncos fans aren't going to have some fun with that? If so, you just don't understand the basic nature of fans very well.

This is just one post, with FIVE mentions of Cutler. A good percentage of his posts are like that, I'll bet Popps references Jay more than any two posters put together.

Who is he trying to convince? Sure as heck ain't me, I'm sick of hearing about Jay. Psychologically speaking, he's trying to convince himself. Sorry, but that's what it is.

WABronco
09-15-2009, 02:20 AM

disguised blitz

LAWL

Wow that made me do the hoarse exhale laugh thingy.

DivineBronco
09-15-2009, 02:28 AM
I hate that "fan" card, only punks pull that crap. It's just football, if you're this angry in here, what must your real life be like?

The funny part is I'm a big Jay fan, hated to see him go. But I care a million times less about him that some of these guys who claim they hate him ... ROFL!

of course it's "just football" but i spend alot of my day being polite and considering other peoples feelings thats how we make a society but football is one of the places I don't have to do that. It is the place I get angry the place I yell and scream. The Jay Cutler saga has given me someone else to hate in football land.

BroncoBuff
09-15-2009, 03:07 AM
of course it's "just football" but i spend alot of my day being polite and considering other peoples feelings thats how we make a society but football is one of the places I don't have to do that. It is the place I get angry the place I yell and scream. The Jay Cutler saga has given me someone else to hate in football land.

Fair enough, good rebuttal. But you can't deny these guys who supposedly hate Cutler are yelling the loudest - about Cutler! There's a real obsession going on when you talk more about the Bears quarterback than your own.

The opposite of love is not hate ...

Broncos_OTM
09-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Fair enough, good rebuttal. But you can't deny these guys who supposedly hate Cutler are yelling the loudest - about Cutler! There's a real obsession going on when you talk more about the Bears quarterback than your own.

The opposite of love is not hate ...

Cutler is public enemy #1. with all the **** talking from the media on MY team, its nice to see as popps called it, cutler ****ing the bed. and cutlers calls us fans a 6. i love my team cutler doesnt want to be here you damn right i am going to revel in his misery.

I dont see how you can champion him after he what has happened. i liked him while he was here. but hes not. i cannot change anything, so i am gonna heckle him.

seriously though why do you still chapion him?

barryr
09-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Losing Urlacher is a killer. He's the last guy on that defense they would pick to lose if had to make such a decision. He can't be replaced and teams will be able to run on them much better than before.

Cutler had a decent game against the Packers? 4 picks and could have easily had 6-7? I doubt very much if Orton did that, that performance would be labeled "decent" regardless of what he did besides that.

lex
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Cutler is public enemy #1. with all the **** talking from the media on MY team, its nice to see as popps called it, cutler ****ing the bed. and cutlers calls us fans a 6. i love my team cutler doesnt want to be here you damn right i am going to revel in his misery.

I dont see how you can champion him after he what has happened. i liked him while he was here. but hes not. i cannot change anything, so i am gonna heckle him.

seriously though why do you still chapion him?

Not true. Cutler asked for assurances to not be traded.

lex
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Losing Urlacher is a killer. He's the last guy on that defense they would pick to lose if had to make such a decision. He can't be replaced and teams will be able to run on them much better than before.

Cutler had a decent game against the Packers? 4 picks and could have easily had 6-7? I doubt very much if Orton did that, that performance would be labeled "decent" regardless of what he did besides that.

You guys are double dipping on the possible INT count. He had one rough stretch where he almost threw a pick twice before throwing one. You can only have on INT on a drive. You guys are inflating the #s.

TonyR
09-15-2009, 09:56 AM

Spot on. I will celebrate his every failure, and cringe at his every success. And no matter how much the likes of Buff and lex cry I will continue to do so. And I bet I'll have a lot of company! I wish failure to all who abandon my team, and I want the Bears' first round pick to be as high as possible.

Buff, do you remember Eddie Kennison? Do you remember the way Broncos fans hated him, particularly when KC signed him and Denver played them? This is similar yet amplified ten fold because Cutler was the QB. Did you whine when Broncos fans booed Kennison and wished decapitation upon him? It's more surprising that you don't understand this then it is that people are "obsessed" with Cutler.

ScottXray
09-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Not true. Cutler asked for assurances to not be traded.

He asked for something that IS NOT DONE in the NFL. Something that he KNEW would not be given, because no coach or management in their right mind lets the players decide what the management and coaches can or can't do. Just another sign of his Immense EGO getting the better of him?

Or maybe a Thought out process, with the help of his Ass-wipe agent Cook, to try to Force his way out of town by coming up with some excuse to leave, some reason they can throw out to the media about how they can't "TRUST" the coach and management..?

The only Trust issues here were the idiots thaat trust Cutler to have told the truth in this saga.

Bowlen was an idiot for letting them do it and caving ...

but now that it is done, it is what it is!

That QB will go off and have some really good games. He'll also have some more like Sunday.

In five years we may know who got the better deal....

Perhaps both teams will end up with nothing from it .

lex
09-15-2009, 10:03 AM
He asked for something that IS NOT DONE in the NFL. Something that he KNEW would not be given, because no coach or management in their right mind lets the players decide what the management and coaches can or can't do. Just another sign of his Immense EGO getting the better of him?

Or maybe a Thought out process, with the help of his Ass-wipe agent Cook, to try to Force his way out of town by coming up with some excuse to leave, some reason they can throw out to the media about how they can't "TRUST" the coach and management..?

The only Trust issues here were the idiots thaat trust Cutler to have told the truth in this saga.

Bowlen was an idiot for letting them do it and caving ...

but now that it is done, it is what it is!

That QB will go off and have some really good games. He'll also have some more like Sunday.

In five years we may know who got the better deal....

Perhaps both teams will end up with nothing from it .

Thats doubtful. Do you honestly believe such assurances arent some pretext to putting off contract extensions. That would be naive. Besides that, they could have extended Cutler. When they didnt, Cutler could have justifiably perceived that as them not wanting him in Denver. But again, he actually did ask for assurances to not be traded in spite of all your window dressing.

Beantown Bronco
09-15-2009, 10:08 AM
Urlacher should now look on the bright side.......he's got plenty of time now that he didn't have before to sit around and come up with more "Alec Baldwin-esque" voicemails for his baby mama.