PDA

View Full Version : Does Cutler have the worst footwork and mechanics of any "franchise qb" in the NFL?

bronco0608
09-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Really, why has every coach not taught this kid about footwork? He looks like he is in the playlot when he throws the ball off his backfoot. He just slings it across his body.

Can he ever change? He had three years under the QB guru Shanny and he couldn't do **** with him. Think Ron Turner can turn him around? Hell to the no.

Why can't he just setup, doing the manning, and pass? Why is that so hard for him? I just don't get it.

BroncoSojia
09-14-2009, 09:54 AM
McD after the Chicago/Green Bay game:

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2008/11/large_1199993676_1744.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
09-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Cutler developed those mechanics while running for his life at Vandy, IMO. You could see him getting better last year with more consistency in his footwork, but still resorted to bad habits after being hit a few times in the pocket.

McD would have been TONS better for Cutler in this regard than the goofs they have in Chicago. There's a reason Chicago is not known for great qb's--because they've never had any bonafide staff that could develop them properly. Cutler looked no better than Grossman last night because GB hit him early and got him to forego his pocket mechanics and just freestyle it. McD is demanding but he knows how to do it right. Cutler screwed his own development by getting shipped, IMO.

gtown
09-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't say the worst footwork and mechanics - I mean Leftwich is still in the league with his rediculous windup, and there are several QBs that don't set their feet consistently.

Yesterday was almost an interception clinic by Jay:
Interception in red zone = check,
Interception deep down the middle = check,
Interception on a slant route = check,
Interception to a DL = check.

Jay was missing:
Interception falling backward while being sacked,
Interception on a tipped pass,
Interception thrown by the opposite hand (the Orton Special).

If he had gotten all of these, it would have been like hitting for the cycle in baseball.

TailgateNut
09-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Cutler developed those mechanics while running for his life at Vandy, IMO. You could see him getting better last year with more consistency in his footwork, but still resorted to bad habits after being hit a few times in the pocket.

McD would have been TONS better for Cutler in this regard than the goofs they have in Chicago. There's a reason Chicago is not known for great qb's--because they've never had any bonafide staff that could develop them properly. Cutler looked no better than Grossman last night because GB hit him early and got him to forego his pocket mechanics and just freestyle it. McD is demanding but he knows how to do it right. Cutler screwed his own development by getting shipped, IMO.

I doubt McD can fix the "interception machine". Did you see him rip into Orton after the sack. Just imagine if Dillwad was still playing for us and had 4 interceptions. He'd have to sneak off the visiting teams sideline.

PRBronco
09-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm sure he knows how to do it right, he's just a lazy/cocky ass.

Popps
09-14-2009, 10:17 AM
His mechanics have always been questionable. We've discussed that around here since he was drafted.

Hey, no one's going to tell Jay what to do!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, Jay knows best! He always knows best!

TheDave
09-14-2009, 10:55 AM
His footwork/mechanics have always been questionable...

Now his coaching is BAD

Now his offensive line is REAL BAD...

Now his receivers are un-FREAKING-believably BAD...

But he choked away last nights game all on his own...

Spider
09-14-2009, 10:57 AM
meh .footwork , mechanics , doesnt matter , his decision making is what kills him ........ Sonny Jurgenson had a beer gut , Elway was pigeon toed and stuck his tongue out alot .....

cutthemdown
09-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't say the worst footwork and mechanics - I mean Leftwich is still in the league with his rediculous windup, and there are several QBs that don't set their feet consistently.

Yesterday was almost an interception clinic by Jay:
Interception in red zone = check,
Interception deep down the middle = check,
Interception on a slant route = check,
Interception to a DL = check.

Jay was missing:
Interception falling backward while being sacked,
Interception on a tipped pass,
Interception thrown by the opposite hand (the Orton Special).

If he had gotten all of these, it would have been like hitting for the cycle in baseball.

he said franchise QBS though. Lefty just not considered one of those those. He's more the journeyman category.

More like a Griese then a Cutler.

Finger Roll
09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm sure he knows how to do it right, he's just a lazy/cocky ass.

Hilarious! your avatar is hilarious.

1998Eternal
09-14-2009, 11:03 AM
When a reciever stops on his route terrible things are soon to come

Spider
09-14-2009, 11:07 AM
When a reciever stops on his route terrible things are soon to come

so all of the picks was because receivers stopped on their routes ?
and the one time I saw that last night , the packer jumped the route ........Stop listening to announcers so much and pay attention .......
The picks Cutler threw in Denver was because wr stopped running the route , thats for damn sure .........

lazarus4444
09-14-2009, 11:16 AM
so all of the picks was because receivers stopped on their routes ?
and the one time I saw that last night , the packer jumped the route ........Stop listening to announcers so much and pay attention .......
The picks Cutler threw in Denver was because wr stopped running the route , thats for damn sure .........

Did you mean to say "The picks Cutler threw in Denver was NOT because wr stopped running the route"?

DenverBrit
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Fortunately, Cutler is a Bear now, had he played for the Broncos, they would have lost the Cincy game. :clown:

Spider
09-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Did you mean to say "The picks Cutler threw in Denver was NOT because wr stopped running the route"?

;D funny how 1-3 letter word can change everything ............yeah I meant to put in Not ............

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Cutler can throw off his backfoot. It isn't an issue for him.

TailgateNut
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Cutler can throw off his backfoot. It isn't an issue for him.

How many feet does he have. A right foot, a left foot, a front foot and a back foot. :~ohyah!:

.....and his tail was tucked between his legs.....

Garcia Bronco
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
How many feet does he have. A right foot, a left foot, a front foot and a back foot. :~ohyah!:

.....and his tail was tucked between his legs.....

LOL

He's just too cocky with that arm of his.