PDA

View Full Version : We learned something about Cutler today

richpjr
09-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Whether you love or hate the guy, when you don't have a dominating offensive line and your receiving/TE corp suck, you will not look very good. And he didn't. I expect he will eventually get better timing down with his teammates, but he will not have nearly the success he had in Denver.

Taco John
09-13-2009, 11:53 PM
I wonder if Lovie Smith is going to be the head coach of the Bears at this point in time next season.

Los Broncos
09-13-2009, 11:53 PM
This we know, how long till he starts blaming others?

TheDave
09-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I hoped he would struggle with the lack of talent around him... But this was pathetic.

Good for us... :thumbs:

tsiguy96
09-13-2009, 11:55 PM
I wonder if Lovie Smith is going to be the head coach of the Bears at this point in time next season.

lovie's d looked amazing out there. they saved cutlers ass many, many times and they killed the pack's oline (dunno how good their oline is, i just know that our oline will NEVER get pushed around like they did) he will have his job. ron turner, maybe not.

theAPAOps5
09-13-2009, 11:56 PM

Come on we all know who will be the coach of the Bears next year. He won 2 SB's and foolishly has placed his faith in the next Ryan Leaf...... :wiggle:

Popcorn Sutton
09-13-2009, 11:56 PM
I noticed his attitude coming through already which isn't a good sign for Chicago. One only has to look at the KC game last year to know that Jay has the ability to get in his own head. He is hella talented athletically but still seems to be mistake prone and ill tempered.

I wish him all the best but after this year. I'd like to get a decent pick next season.

lex
09-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Whether you love or hate the guy, when you don't have a dominating offensive line and your receiving/TE corp suck, you will not look very good. And he didn't. I expect he will eventually get better timing down with his teammates, but he will not have nearly the success he had in Denver.

You can also poke holes in McDaniels' offensive acumen after today. Its not like Denvers in a position to gloat.

errand
09-13-2009, 11:59 PM

Who cares...he plays for Chicago now. I don't care if he suceeds or fails. I wish him the best for his past service to our team...but once he's gone, he's irrelevant to what happens in Denver.

Circle Orange
09-14-2009, 12:07 AM

There were rumors circulating that this would probably be a make or break year in chicago for him. If the Cutler experiment fails, Lovie is likely out of there, although I don't know how much influence he had in the trade to begin with. Word is, Angelos wants results under his regime.

JCMElway
09-14-2009, 12:15 AM

Nope. I think it's gonna be Shanahan.

maher_tyler
09-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Did anyone else see him get into it with Mathews...a ****ing rookie!!

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

WABronco
09-14-2009, 12:20 AM
He's just like that. It's fine when he's throwing bombs, but I know I didn't like to see our QB acting like a butthurt 13 year old.

We learned something else from that broadcast as well. Cutler got his balls gargled by Collinsworth in their pre-game "production" meeting.

maher_tyler
09-14-2009, 12:35 AM
He's just like that. It's fine when he's throwing bombs, but I know I didn't like to see our QB acting like a butthurt 13 year old.

We learned something else from that broadcast as well. Cutler got his balls gargled by Collinsworth in their pre-game "production" meeting.

On commercial breaks it was reported that Collinsworth would run down to the side lines and give him kisses on the cheek and blowing him kisses from the booth. After the game the two were spotted leaving together holding hands!!

Crushisback
09-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Who cares...he plays for Chicago now. I don't care if he suceeds or fails. I wish him the best for his past service to our team...but once he's gone, he's irrelevant to what happens in Denver.

Incorrect. His success, which directly effects his teams success, will determine where we draft in round one next year. So let'em burn this year!

Baba Booey
09-14-2009, 12:37 AM

:rofl:nah, what happened?

Another classic Cutler press conference, too.

"You know, it's tough, you know? We just gotta go in and watch the film."

maher_tyler
09-14-2009, 12:39 AM

They showed replays of it a couple of times...mathews was in his face, prolly saying **** to him and cutler shoved him really hard...it was classic Cutler today folks, nothing more, nothing less!!

Archer81
09-14-2009, 12:47 AM
On commercial breaks it was reported that Collinsworth would run down to the side lines and give him kisses on the cheek and blowing him kisses from the booth. After the game the two were spotted leaving together holding hands!!

This news will be devastating to the Olsens...

:Broncos:

BroncoBuff
09-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Nope. I think it's gonna be Shanahan.

I hope so ... that would be so entertaining. High drama.

ol number 7
09-14-2009, 01:04 AM

Chicago Tribune sports headline . Cutlers hot head and cold hand doom Bears.

I see a little Carlos Zambrano in the guy. (head case) as we well know

WABronco
09-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Shanahan would be a great fit. His QB. And isn't he from Illinois, too?

maher_tyler
09-14-2009, 01:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4471692&categoryid=2378529

Lol..."It's only week one" kinda like "It's only pre-season"

UberBroncoMan
09-14-2009, 01:32 AM

My bet?

Mike Shanahan will be Bears HC... and Lovie will either be canned or demoted to DC.

WABronco
09-14-2009, 01:34 AM
lol ya he'll take a demotion.

Odysseus
09-14-2009, 01:50 AM
A real Shanahan offense with a real Defense? Shanahan has to be chomping at the bit to get that opportunity. How do you fix an offensive line overnight? I wonder what Jay thinks about that idea. Personally I hope Jay gets it together and the Bears perform. It would be cool to see what Josh picks.

Ratboy
09-14-2009, 01:56 AM
What ever happened to the "Cutler is a Bear, not a Bronco! Quit making threads" line? You Cutler haters used that line for every Cutler thread that was made.

Look at what is happening now?

You guys are the biggest ****ing hypocrites I have ever seen.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Come on we all know who will be the coach of the Bears next year. He won 2 SB's and foolishly has placed his faith in the next Ryan Leaf...... :wiggle:

and comes with a built in defense system of 4-2 where you play 10 yards off the receiver on 3rd down and 3. It will be amazing.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2009, 02:01 AM
You can also poke holes in McDaniels' offensive acumen after today. Its not like Denvers in a position to gloat.

once again, you need to inject your blah blah blah in a thread that has nothing to do with McDaniels. Keep with the subject. Today really had to be tough for you and your ilk.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2009, 02:04 AM
A real Shanahan offense with a real Defense? Shanahan has to be chomping at the bit to get that opportunity. How do you fix an offensive line overnight? I wonder what Jay thinks about that idea. Personally I hope Jay gets it together and the Bears perform. It would be cool to see what Josh picks.

Mike would trade off some of those great Defensive guys for wide receivers and lineman. Jay will feel right at home.

UberBroncoMan
09-14-2009, 02:12 AM
lol ya he'll take a demotion.

It's a job and he doesn't have to move... like he's going to get a HC job anywhere else in the NFL.

ZONA
09-14-2009, 02:14 AM
Nah, I think Shanny could have a new view on this, looking from the outside in. He's probably going, well, maybe I would rather have Romo and be in Dallas. ROFL!

boppool
09-14-2009, 04:10 AM
He's exactly who we thought he was.

Man-Goblin
09-14-2009, 05:08 AM
He's exactly who we thought he was.

Exactly. He is what he is. Nothing has changed except he now has a markedly less talented offense around him.

Somedays he will have games like this, somedays he will probably have great games. Of course, everyday he will be an asshole.

Drek
09-14-2009, 06:13 AM
I didn't learn anything from the Bears/Packers game, other than us being one loss closer to the high draft pick I'm hoping Chicago hands us.

The Bears OL was about as bad as I thought it would be. The receivers where slightly worse. Jay was Jay. Same game different city and supporting cast.

I honestly just feel bad for Jay at this point. I think Bus Cook probably filled his head with Favre comparisons and tales of how great Cutler would be, and as a result he didn't see how much of a help teaming up with McDaniels could be for him.

Now he gets to go back to Chicago and have that VERY weak OL try and hold off the Steelers front seven. If they start throwing a sack party I wonder how long it'll take Chicago's 9 out of 10 fans to start booing.

uplink
09-14-2009, 06:33 AM
Boy teams he plays are going to try and get in his head, watch out.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Drunk Monkey
09-14-2009, 06:42 AM
It's a job and he doesn't have to move... like he's going to get a HC job anywhere else in the NFL.

Assuming the new head coach would want to keep him which I doubt.

TonyR
09-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Chris Carter was ripping him this morning, saying he had a total disregard for taking care of the football.

Great arm, great talent, but when you make bad decisions and turn the ball over it doesn't matter. Sorry, Cutler fanboys, he's far from a great QB. Throw another one up in the loss column.

barryr
09-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Cutler could have easily had 6-7 interceptions. He showed the knock that is on him. Tries to make every throw and throw into coverage. That doesn't win you the big games. Cutler still has a lot of growing up to do.

Traveler
09-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Doubt very seiously that Shanny lands in Chicago. Especially with him wanting Slowik to possibly be the new DC. Angelo isn't that silly.

BroncoBuff
09-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Doubt very seiously that Shanny lands in Chicago. Especially with him wanting Slowik to possibly be the new DC. Angelo isn't that silly.

Shanahan is so stubborn about Slowick, I get the feeling he's trying to prove something by hangiing on to him.

TonyR
09-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Awesome seeing Cutler as the butt of jokes. And awesome seeing the Bears facing some adversity since the Broncos have their pick!

Urlacher will have wrist surgery
Posted by Mike Florio on September 14, 2009 9:27 AM ET

With the Week One game against the Packers on the line and linebacker Brian Urlacher on the sidelines with an injury, we wondered what Bobby Wade might have said that Jay Cutler might have said about the leader of the Chicago defense.

If Cutler had said anything, Urlacher would have been justified to punch the quarterback in the mouth.

With his left hand.

Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune reports that Urlacher will undergo surgery to repair a dislocated right wrist.

The injury occurred in the first quarter of the 21-15 loss at Lambeau Field. X-rays confirmed the problem at halftime.

The extent of Urlacher's absence isn't known. The Bears are hopeful that he won't be out for long.

Based on last night's performance by Cutler, the Bears also might be hoping that Urlacher's surgically-repaired list will permit him to play quarterback, too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/14/urlacher-will-have-wrist-surgery/

Smiling Assassin27
09-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Jay Cutler is who we thought he was. A guy who can make throws that look effortless and make you drool, and a guy who, absent the presence of a quality offensive mind and coach, will become the qb he was at Vandy--trying to make every play himself and letting his mechanics go to hell. Yes, we got exactly what we got from Jay in Denver, only WORSE because he was surrounded with better players and coaches who knew how to keep him focused and would give him proper guidance the whole time. Back foot INT's, Red Zone INT's, and crunch time INT's--it's what he did here as well.

It was a pleasure watching this guy singlehandedly give up the game. Absent those 4 INT's, the Bears win this going away, IMO.

baja
09-14-2009, 08:21 AM
I hoped he would struggle with the lack of talent around him... But this was pathetic.

Good for us... :thumbs:

And another one comes crawling back.... ;D ;D

bronclvr
09-14-2009, 08:24 AM
I can't wait to see Jay vs. the Steeler Defense-

Sodak
09-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Is there a good Bears message board to check out?

TheDave
09-14-2009, 08:36 AM
And another one comes crawling back.... ;D ;D

Trust me boss... let this play out a little.

Orton was working on his own pathetic performance prior to the "immaculate reception 2.0"

MVP-06
09-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Iv'e been saying it since he was let go. He threw 18 int's with the best Ol in football. He will throw 20 + easy with that line and WR's

Captain 'Dre
09-14-2009, 08:39 AM

..and pretty much all game long after that!

Captain 'Dre
09-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Chris Carter was ripping him this morning, saying he had a total disregard for taking care of the football.

Great arm, great talent, but when you make bad decisions and turn the ball over it doesn't matter. Sorry, Cutler fanboys, he's far from a great QB. Throw another one up in the loss column.

You describing Jay Cutler? Or Jeff George? :wiggle:

Muddled
09-14-2009, 09:08 AM

Noticed that too, ridiculous, this could get real ugly and sorry to say, I'm really hoping for the worst for Cutler, what an ass