PDA

View Full Version : Throw over the middle?

Quoydogs
09-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Do you think Orton threw to Marshall over the middle trying to kill him because he has been such a B!@ch or just did not under stand that he was to get his clock cleaned?

Popps
09-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Do you think Orton threw to Marshall over the middle trying to kill him because he has been such a B!@ch or just did not under stand that he was to get his clock cleaned?

Maybe he didn't give a ****, and thought Brandon could actually do his job?

Or, maybe he just figured Brandon was going to drop it anyway, so it didn't matter.

Clockwork Orange
09-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Was he trying to kill Eddie Royal too? He lead him even worse and Eddie took a serious pop from Keith Rivers as a result.

ChSuperStar
09-13-2009, 11:08 PM
FO wanted BM to catch those balls.. before he has balls to come in and ask for more money.

maher_tyler
09-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Was he trying to kill Eddie Royal too? He lead him even worse and Eddie took a serious pop from Keith Rivers as a result.

Yea...i really hope this isn't a common theme!

fontaine
09-14-2009, 04:38 AM
Look, I'm no fan of Orton, but c'mon half of the QBs in the league that have average arms do this sometimes.

The guy doesn't have zip in his arm so occasionally he is going to get his WRs in trouble. Hopefully the timing between the guys will get better.

Atwater His Ass
09-14-2009, 04:47 AM
hard to have timing when you arm is made of wet noodle.

s0phr0syne
09-14-2009, 05:28 AM
I didn't know whether to feel ashamed for this or not, but I was actually happy everytime bmarsh took a good poppin'.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Because Orton can't get enough velocity on the ball to work the sidelines without rolling out of the pocket. Watch the deep outs... nearly intercepted every time. Dan Fouts said as much yesterday. I don't know if his injury has anything to do with it, but I suspect so.

v2micca
09-14-2009, 05:45 AM
Maybe he didn't give a ****, and thought Brandon could actually do his job?

Because that is exactly what you want in a QB, one who doesn't give a **** about getting his recievers laid out over the middle. I get it, Brandon is a worthless human being who had a bad game.

Or, maybe he just figured Brandon was going to drop it anyway, so it didn't matter.

Even if he drops it he still gets laid out by the Linebacker. I'm never going to root for Orton to play badly, but I believe when he does play badly we shouldn't put on blinders about his tendencies. It was annoying when some did it with Cutler, it will be damn near unsufferable when others do it with Orton.

barryr
09-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Um yeah, maybe has something to do with a defense playing a zone, which in that case, the WR needs to stop in an empty area and not keep running, which will result in running where there is a defender waiting to pop him. I remember Rod Smith and McCaffrey taking hard hits just about every game. So we are to believe Elway did this on purpose too?

oubronco
09-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Yea...i really hope this isn't a common theme!

I'm afraid it is "I know we won and all" but watch the highlights those last two throws were horrendous even if the bungle didn't tip it to Stokely it was not going to be complete and he can't hit a wr in stride to save his life I just hope our wr's last the year

fontaine
09-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Because Orton can't get enough velocity on the ball to work the sidelines without rolling out of the pocket. Watch the deep outs... nearly intercepted every time. Dan Fouts said as much yesterday. I don't know if his injury has anything to do with it, but I suspect so.

I really hope it's just the injury. It's hard to imagine a guy getting drafted with the kind of weak arm that has a 25 yard pass up the seam be under thrown and lack any zip.

High schoolers can throw that kind of pass with more pop.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-14-2009, 06:46 AM
I really hope it's just the injury. It's hard to imagine a guy getting drafted with the kind of weak arm that has a 25 yard pass up the seam be under thrown and lack any zip.

High schoolers can throw that kind of pass with more pop.

You can youtube about a thousand healthy Orton highlights, and in any of those highlights you can see he has more velocity than yesterday. He has some kind of splint, and probably a completely anestheatized index finger under that glove. It has to be affecting his delivery.

gyldenlove
09-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Orton will get better as he gets more time with his targets and as his hand heals, no doubt about that, what we saw yessterday was far from what he can do.

The only thing that scares me about Orton's performance was his get off time, he looked very slow getting the ball out and didn't seem to be going through his progressions in a natural way. I hope it has something to do with his limited time with Marshall in practice, but that needs to be fixed.

Crushaholic
09-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Cutler threw to Marshall all the time in traffic. The opposing defense has to know where he is on the field, because he's so dangerous.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Orton will get better as he gets more time with his targets and as his hand heals, no doubt about that, what we saw yessterday was far from what he can do.

The only thing that scares me about Orton's performance was his get off time, he looked very slow getting the ball out and didn't seem to be going through his progressions in a natural way. I hope it has something to do with his limited time with Marshall in practice, but that needs to be fixed.

He also still has happy feet in the pocket and panics while going through progression. I'm starting to buy that "he's not used to having time" theory. Also, he made some dumb decisions throwing into double coverage, but perhaps improvement will come when he's more comfortable with the offense. Regardless, ill give him more than one week. Plus, he didnt turn the ball over, which is key in a game like that.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-14-2009, 08:51 AM

Fouts is right about this, but he said some pretty amazingly dumb things. Do you remember on one of Benson's runs he actually said "now if he makes the tackler miss and then makes Brian Dawkins miss, he would have taken it for a touchdown." Wow, is that all?

Beantown Bronco
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM
He also still has happy feet in the pocket and panics while going through progression. I'm starting to buy that "he's not used to having time" theory.

Watching Jay run for his life last night also supported this theory.

manchambo
09-14-2009, 08:54 AM
I think it's pretty funny that anyone could think, after watching that game, that Orton has either the inclination or the ability to do much of anything inentional with the ball, much less something fancy like leading a receiver into a hit.

I thought it said something about Marshall that he held onto it though. Not many people hold that ball under those circumstances.

fontaine
09-15-2009, 06:10 AM
You can youtube about a thousand healthy Orton highlights, and in any of those highlights you can see he has more velocity than yesterday. He has some kind of splint, and probably a completely anestheatized index finger under that glove. It has to be affecting his delivery.

Thanks, I'll have to take your word for it as I don't really have any desire to watch more mediocre QB play.

cmhargrove
09-15-2009, 06:14 AM
If Brandon wants to be considered a top 5 receiver, he needs to come down with any decent pass thrown his way.

The whole reason you have a guy Brandon's size is to fight for the ball. I think that Brandon will come around as he sees the "fight" in the rest of the team. Hopefully he looks better against the Brownies.