PDA

View Full Version : Should they give Cutler another week, or start Hanie?

Pages : [1] 2

Popps
09-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Tough call...

Florida_Bronco
09-13-2009, 10:01 PM
What a dumb thread. Hanie is a Bear, and I'm pretty sure that Cutler was playing for the Packers tonight.

:D

Kid A
09-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I love that Jay did what a miracle Bronco win could not: take down the server.

misturanderson
09-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I say give him another week, it might have just been because of his beetus.

orangeatheist
09-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Best. Opening. Day. Ever.

Broncos = Win
Crybaby = Lose

Punisher
09-13-2009, 10:03 PM
lol lets see if we could trade back Orton for two 1st round picks

misturanderson
09-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Best. Opening. Day. Ever.

Broncos = Win
Crybaby = Lose

Oh. Not just that. Crybaby=single handedly lost the game after being bailed out several times by an impressive defense.

Popps
09-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe Kyle can fly out to Chicago and work with him?

Ratboy
09-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Hopefully Hanie starts and we can get Jay Cutler back.

uplink
Not a cutler fan nowdays but that last int was not his fault the receiver stopped on the route after/during the throw.

On the 2nd int the receiver broke the wrong way not sure who was at fault. The int on the packs goal line was just a great play by Jolly.

So it wasn't that bad for Cutler really. But glad next years draft pick got better tonight.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Chris
Cutler looked terrible. Let's start Hanie. We have nothing to lose. Is Ryan Leaf available? No? ****.

snowspot66
09-13-2009, 10:08 PM
We'd have gotten blown out today if he played for us still.

misturanderson
09-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Not a cutler fan nowdays but that last int was not his fault the receiver stopped on the route after/during the throw.

On the 2nd int the receiver broke the wrong way not sure how was at fault. The int on the packs goal line was just a great play by Jolly.

So it wasn't that bad for Cutler really. But glad next years draft pick got better tonight.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Seeing as that was the only one I saw during the game I'll refrain from commenting on the others.

This was a classic Cutler Int. He is scrambling backwards then throws off his back foot, across his body into multiple coverage. How you put that even potentially on the receiver is beyond me.

KevinJames
09-13-2009, 10:11 PM
lol thread starter is obviously joking making fun of the should we start orton another week thread lmao I thought it was a funny post, good stuff Popps!

Williams
09-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Start Hanie, I say. Tough to admit you made such an awful mistake... but it's early in the season. It can be salvaged.

strafen
09-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Jay George!!!

ScottXray
09-13-2009, 10:13 PM
You are all missing the point ..The Bear defense gave up the TD at the worst possible time. It was the Defense that lost the game for the Bears. Pussys. How could they call that defense when they had done so well all game up to that drive.

R8R H8R
09-13-2009, 10:14 PM
lol lets see if we could trade back Orton for two 1st round picks

I dunno, a winning qb should be worth more than that. Hell, we got that and a 3rd for a career losing qb.

Kid A
09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Start Hanie, I say. Tough to admit you made such an awful mistake... but it's early in the season. It can be salvaged.

I know. You simply can't waste good defensive performances while waiting for a supposedly veteran QB to get his **** together. Start the young unknown where at least you can expect some growth and potential.

CEH
09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
What was really Cutler -eques was the one first half drive where he threw 2 balls that should have been picked off followed by a 3rd that was
I like Jay but even I can't defend the indefensible
That sequence alone should tell me all you need to know about Cutler
He can't be trusted

Chicago where QB careers go to die

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 10:16 PM
This thread is priceless.

Kid A
09-13-2009, 10:17 PM
You are all missing the point ..The Bear defense gave up the TD at the worst possible time. It was the Defense that lost the game for the Bears. p***Ys. How could they call that defense when they had done so well all game up to that drive.

You'll have to forgive me. I suffer from amnesia.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
This thread is priceless.

This thread is funny, I'll give him that ... :~ohyah!:

Ratboy
09-13-2009, 10:51 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/2/26/Opisafag.jpg

Meck77
09-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Cutler must have gone on another bender last night. What a gutless drunk!

Popps
09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Oh. Not just that. Crybaby=single handedly lost the game after being bailed out several times by an impressive defense.

:rofl:

But... he's a "franchise" quarterback!

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 10:56 PM
He had a bad night, but he is a franchise quarterback.

You don't like him, fine. But the professionals think otherwise there, Skippy.

uplink
09-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Seeing as that was the only one I saw during the game I'll refrain from commenting on the others.

This was a classic Cutler Int. He is scrambling backwards then throws off his back foot, across his body into multiple coverage. How you put that even potentially on the receiver is beyond me.

I didn't put that one on the receiver necessarily I meant to stay 'not sure who was at fault' I'll edit it.

Gcver2ver3
09-13-2009, 10:57 PM

On the 2nd int the receiver broke the wrong way not sure how was at fault. The int on the packs goal line was just a great play by Jolly.

yea except you're forgetting that Cutler also had about 3 dropped INTs by the defense...

so while some picks weren't all his fault, some incomplete passes shoulda been picks, so it kinda works both ways...

Cutler sucked...

Gcver2ver3
09-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Should they give Cutler another week, or start Hanie?

brilliant Popps...

simply brilliant...

Liquid Courage
09-13-2009, 10:59 PM
lol thread starter is obviously joking making fun of the should we start orton another week thread lmao I thought it was a funny post, good stuff Popps!

second this.

the thought that we should bail on a receiver after 1 week where he is playing for the first time with a number of players and is 1.5 OL short (Hamilton's injury) is ludicrous. give the guy a month; see how he progresses in multiple game situations and then judge him.

as for Cutler . . . he is what we what we thought he was - prone to brilliance and stupidity and little in-between

Hulamau
Cutler is sure to be half way through his second 12 pack by now :-) Nursing those big hits he took ya know !

misturanderson
I didn't put that one on the receiver necessarily I meant to stay 'not sure who was at fault' I'll edit it.

No. My point was that no matter where the receiver ran, that was a terrible decision, a worse throw and would have been picked off.

Popps
brilliant Popps...

simply brilliant...

I'm here for ya, brother.

:thumbs:

uplink
09-13-2009, 11:01 PM
I wonder does Jay's gunslinger game fit with the Bears who have a strong D?

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 11:02 PM

You don't like him, fine. But the hacks at ESPN think otherwise there, Skippy.

Fixed it for you

fdf
09-13-2009, 11:03 PM
Tough call...

Funny thread. I'll admit I enjoy seeing him have a bad game. I enjoy even more that Chicago's draft pick just got a little better.

But he's gonna have really good games this year too. When he's on, he can be a great QB. He's just maddeningly inconsistent. Time will tell if he grows out of that or it's a permanent part of his makeup.

The question is really, is he coachable? If he turns out to be coachable, then we will have lost a really fine QB, even if he is a jerk. If not, the Bears got took. We'll know in a few years.

Taco John
09-13-2009, 11:04 PM

That's an interesting question. Honestly, I think a strong D fits with any type of offense. Look at the Trent Dilfer Ravens.

Hulamau
09-13-2009, 11:04 PM

You've got such blinders on its amazing McBuff. Cutler has a lot of talent, potential and a powerful arm ... that's the end of it.

But his arrogant pig headed .. hot-headed stubbornness is what will likely prevent him from ever sniffing true greatness as a QB.

Chicago better get use to alternating games of tantalizing hope and crushing heart break.

He could be a great one, but not until his ass gets broken so hard he has to face the music and clean up his act.

Both Denver and Cutler would have benefited from his staying and submitting himself to really learn how to be a successful QB under McD. Now he is likely to die on the vine in Chi-town where QB go to die.

A few more 'clutch' games like this and the Chicago press and fan base will eat him alive!

Liquid Courage
09-13-2009, 11:06 PM

You must have a different definition of franchise QB . . . I look for a player who is a proven leader, puts the team before himself, sets the tone for his players with hard work and dedication and never lets his internal emotions negate a chance to win, and someone who backs his teammates up when the going gets tough - I challenge you to prove to me where Jay Cutler fits into ANY of that criteria.

Otherwise your definition amounts to nothing more than calling Jeff George a Pro Bowler.

Is Orton equal to Jay Cutler? Probably not. But Jay Cutler isn't exactly Steve Young or Joe Montana or Jim Kelly or Big Ben . . . not by a longshot.

Popcorn Sutton

Did ya notice how he was staring down his receivers Buff?

misturanderson
Fixed it for you

Don't forget the hacks at every pre-game show. The only so-called "expert" I know of that even picked us to win this game was Michael Irvin. Dan Marino was throwing around the whole "franchise quaterback" term all morning. I just hope he gets called out for it next weekend by Shannon.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 11:15 PM
You've got such blinders on its amazing McBuff. Cutler has a lot of talent, potential and a powerful arm ... that's the end of it.

Hula, I don't know your field or background, but the game of football has career professionals. And they're pretty unanimous on this issue. You might think I have "blinders on," but at least I'm smart enough to trust what the majority of professionals decide, and not pretend my amateur opinion is better than theirs. I'm surprised you disagree.

You can dislike Jay, I totally respect that. But the consensus of the professionals is that Jay is a very good quarterback. In fact, Marino and the whole CBS crew really criticized the trade and Broncos management today.

FYI, I like Aaron Rodgers more than Jay ... can we be friends? ;D

Popps
09-13-2009, 11:16 PM

That's been speculated on by a few around here, that his style might not be a good fit for a ball-control offense.

Then again, his style tonight just sucked.

Overall, very few "gunslinger" QB's have had real success in the league. (Elway, Favre, a couple others.)

Most successful QBs are talented, but heady, instinctual players who have an innate ability to make the best decision at the most crucial time.

Elway happened to be a gunslinger who also had winning intangibles so strong, they could overcome some of the mistakes he'd make taking too many chances.

Right now, that isn't Jay Cutler, and it hasn't been Jay Cutler.

Big Ben doesn't wow anyone with his "cannon" arm, or brag about having a better arm than Bradshaw. He just goes out and guts his way to wins. Sometimes ugly wins with mediocre stats, but wins nonetheless.

The gunslinger thing is highly overrated.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Jeez guys, can't you see this board is like the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH where Jay is not considered an excellent quarterback?

And oh by the way, that's an opinion every one of you bastages would have agreed with 10 months ago! :~ohyah!:

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Jeez guys, can't you see this board is like the ONLY PLACE ON EARTH where Jay is not considered an excellent quarterback?

And oh by the way, that's an opinion every one of you bastages would have agreed with 10 months ago! :~ohyah!:

Pretty sure the Chicago boards are also on board with the "Jay is not an excellent quarterback" option.

Oh and I NEVER thought Jay was an excellent QB.

Ever.

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Hula, I don't know your field or background, but the game of football has career professionals. And they're pretty unanimous on this issue. You might think I have "blinders on," but at least I'm smart enough to trust what the majority of professionals decide, and not pretend my amateur opinion is better than theirs. I'm surprised you disagree.

You can dislike Jay, I totally respect that. But the consensus of the professionals is that Jay is a very good quarterback. In fact, Marino and the whole CBS crew really criticized the trade and Broncos management today.

Oh but you do. You constantly think your opinion is better than McDaniels opinion.

Popcorn Sutton
09-13-2009, 11:36 PM

People are definitely blowing this game out of proportion. It kind of reminds me of certain fans wadding up their panties because Kyle Orton wasn't looking off his receivers on 5 yard pass plays (during the preseason). !Booya!

On a serious note: Jay is a very talented QB who is still mistake prone and has a bad attitude at times. I've felt this way about him for years. With that said, I still wish I could have seen him play in McDaniels offense.

Liquid Courage
09-13-2009, 11:38 PM

to what degree do you think the professionals are trying to make good TV and sell more advertising? i think they are over-extending the capability of a QB with 1000% more ability than judgment and composure. and your comment about Rodgers above makes me think we just may agree on this.

Jay makes good TV . . . not a Super Bowl winner; at least not at this time of his career.

Circle Orange
09-13-2009, 11:43 PM
The post game presser showed his typical mumbling, looking down and constantly pulling at his hat. He kept wiping his nose against his armpits (both left and right). What a guy!! It's class like that we definitely miss.

And oh yeah, he spoke in third person about the turnovers. Good deal!

Popps
09-13-2009, 11:45 PM
The post game presser showed his typical mumbling, looking down and constantly pulling at his hat. He kept wiping his nose against his armpits (both left and right). What a guy!! It's class like that we definitely miss.

And oh yeah, he spoke in third person about the turnovers. Good deal!

Did he give a detailed explanation of which receiver was at fault for each one of them?

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Did he give a detailed explanation of which receiver was at fault for each one of them?

You guys are so obsessed ... it's CUTE! :curtsey:

ScottXray
09-13-2009, 11:50 PM
that QB didn't surprise me except in one way today....
In any of the past games he would have come out in Mopey mode after throwing 3 picks.

He shook it off and put his team in position to win the game late, even took the lead. So, maybe he has made some progression this off season.

On the other hand it was VERY rewarding to see him come out and throw the picks he did.

If Chicago loses next week ,and he has the same problem then the Love affair in CHI will be over. We'll see how much he thinks of the fans there then. The media there will eat him alive. He doesn't know what that is like , That is a BIG market town...

errand
09-14-2009, 12:10 AM

..it's also the only board where alleged fans bitch about their team after a win, all the time pining for a QB that just tossed 4 INT's while dropping his winning pct down to 44.7%

BroncoBuff
09-14-2009, 12:24 AM
..it's also the only board where alleged fans b**** about their team after a win, all the time pining for a QB that just tossed 4 INT's while dropping his winning pct down to 44.7%

So you agree! :wave:

Circle Orange
09-14-2009, 12:34 AM

no, he just glossed over the picks as strugging and "we" all made...!Booya!

Popps
09-14-2009, 12:40 AM
no, he just glossed over the picks as strugging and "we" all made...!Booya!

Ahhh... so he owned the loss, huh?

That's Jay for ya... what a leader!

:thumbs:

Hulamau
09-14-2009, 02:01 AM

I don't argue that he's a talented QB ... even excellent in spurts. And all the 'experts' simply see the same talent we all do. But msot dont also take into account the other qualities Jay currently lacks that distinguish exciting talent and strong arms from the true elite franchise winners.

That is what I'm talking about. For all of Jay's arm and talent he has yet to show the kind of poise and leadership, on anything like a consistent basis, that the big boy QB have shown.

That is why experts like Tony Dungy and others note Jays athletic arm, moxie and talent but also say he hasn't yet shown the whole package.

He hasn't yet consistently elevate all those around him and inspired better play in crunch time from those around him.

He may well mature and grow into that role and become a stud poised QB.Nut he aint one yet and so this 'franchise QB' business is in name and contracts only.

I would still prefer he was out QB IF, and only IF. he would have fully bought into the program 100%. And I'm not saying he stinks. Only that he has yet to deserve the level of praise he was getting in punch drunk Chicago stuck in their idealization phase.

I suspect the reality dose of today might start to seep in a bit in the windy city. And after a few more rough outings their may even be a little buyers remorse setting in there .. at least when considering the high price they paid all around.

Jay will rebound and have some great games I have no doubt. But when will he show more consistency or will he continue to throw away almost as many games as he saves? (And no problem on being friends :-)

Broncomutt
09-14-2009, 07:25 AM
But...but....he's a "FRANCHISE QB!!!!"

Thank God it ain't my franchise.

Popps
09-14-2009, 10:21 AM
But...but....he's a "FRANCHISE QB!!!!"

Thank God it ain't my franchise.

Yea, a few in the media have been smart enough to keep the "franchise" nonsense in check, but not many.

This keeps up, and you'll see the general media catching on to what most Broncos fans already know. This guy isn't anything resembling a franchise QB.

Will he be some day? Sure, possibly.

But, he has a long way to go.

Anyway, Kyle is on a plane to Chicago to start giving him some personal tutoring. He's going to help him work all of this out.

:~ohyah!:

Traveler
09-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Gotta bad feeling about Cutler this coming Sunday and I don't know why. Don't know if it means Jay will torch the Steelers or that he somehow gets hurt. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone.

TonyR
09-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Don't know if it means Jay will torch the Steelers...

The Stillers don't get "torched" often, and I don't see how Jay does it with those WR's and that O-line. But I suppose anything's possible. I think 0-2 would be a lot of fun!

TotallyScrewed
09-14-2009, 10:48 AM

On the 2nd int the receiver broke the wrong way not sure who was at fault. The int on the packs goal line was just a great play by Jolly.

Uh-oh...next you'll be saying Cutler is a better QB than Orton...OMG!!!

Popps will want to make a wager and then you'll be on his sh1t list...

Oh well...F-it.

I saw only the INT where he threw to a spot...his fault/the receivers fault...whatever. But this anti-Jay **********, will not believe anything that could possibly not be Jay's fault.

Right now, in a heartbeat, I'd take Jay back if we had to give up two #1's.

Irish Stout
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Gotta bad feeling about Cutler this coming Sunday and I don't know why. Don't know if it means Jay will torch the Steelers or that he somehow gets hurt. Wouldn't wish an injury on anyone.

How do you feel about me buying some powerball tickets this weekend?

Irish Stout
09-14-2009, 11:01 AM

The talking heads also said we'd lose. Those idiots.

Its really hard to tell with Jay, but I am under the impression he's just a few french fries away from being the entire happy meal. I think thats what everyone sees when they watch him. The difference in opinion though is that some of us believe he won't miraculousy get those few extra french fries while other think that he will. This is the worst analogy ever.

The point is Jay almost has it all: Arm Strength, accuracy, pocket awareness, the ability to scramble, the toughness factor of blocking linebackers for his RB/WR.

What he lacks: The ability to not become Mr. Grumpy pants and stand on the sideline alone when his team is struggling; the ability to take full weight of a loss on his shoulders, in which he will continue to lift the team up; the ability to inspire confidence in his fellow team mates in their own abilities; and most importantly in my opinion, the ability to step back from his machismo and make the safe throw or even dump it out of bounds when the WRs are covered.

Last year I predicted wins and losses of the Broncos games from the get-go based on Jays attitude. Now I wasn't always right, but I was often very close. If I saw Jay pre-game talking to team mates, smiling, being involved with others, then I would predict he'd have a good 1st - and he usually would. When I saw Jay slide off to the bench by himself or go stand away from everyone by himself or worse, chew out a WR and then go off by himself, I would automatically change my prediction... Jay may not lose his cool during game play, but he clearly has a mental switch that is either geared to overcoming and succeeding or isolating him from everyone else. This isolation can be seen when he explains losses - it is not his fault if he loses, but he's generous to share wins with his teammates too.

The Dude may continue to mature in Chicago. If he fully mentally develops he will become the next big QB. If he continues to look for the escape hatch in his mind when the fecal matter hits the fan, then we're seeing him as good as he will ever be.

Popps
10-19-2009, 12:12 AM
So.... the QB controversy in Chicago starts this week mabye? Huh? Maaaaaybe?

Haine has a ton of upside!! He said himself he's got a stronger arm than Jim McMahon!

Broncoman13
10-19-2009, 06:44 AM
Stupid argument Popps... If you think last night was Cutler's fault you're not very smart. When you rush for under 2 yards per carry and the QB leads your team in rushing, you're not going to be very successful. There is a lot wrong with the Bears offense... Cutler is just one of those things. Orton does a great job of protecting the football for us, something Cutler doesn't do all that well. But do tell, if Kyle Orton was our leading rusher do you think we'd win the ball game?

Traveler
10-19-2009, 07:05 AM
So.... the QB controversy in Chicago starts this week mabye? Huh? Maaaaaybe?

Haine has a ton of upside!! He said himself he's got a stronger arm than Jim McMahon!

Couldn't resist, huh? :thumbs:;D!Booya!:wiggle:

s0phr0syne
10-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Stupid argument Popps... If you think last night was Cutler's fault you're not very smart. When you rush for under 2 yards per carry and the QB leads your team in rushing, you're not going to be very successful. There is a lot wrong with the Bears offense... Cutler is just one of those things. Orton does a great job of protecting the football for us, something Cutler doesn't do all that well. But do tell, if Kyle Orton was our leading rusher do you think we'd win the ball game?

I'd say that I'm a pretty big "Cutler nutswinger" as defined by a lot of the people here, but even I'm willing to admit that there might be something about Cutler that makes the players around him worse?

That sounds retarded, I'll admit it, but it just seems like the excuses we had to make for Cutler here (weak defense, no running game, bad OL [during his first year]) are the same ones that are being made to defend the results in Chicago thus far.

Clearly, it's kind of early to say whether this is trend or not (maybe by his third team we'll have enough of a sample size?:wiggle:), but so far Cutler in Chicago has been eerily similar to Cutler in Denver. We'll see if it's just coincidental or not soon enough.

BroncoInferno
10-19-2009, 07:32 AM

But why can't the Bears run the ball? You guys told us that Cutler's mere presence would vault Chicago's rush offense into the stratosphere. Instead, they are worse.

BroncoInferno
10-19-2009, 07:36 AM
I'd say that I'm a pretty big "Cutler nutswinger" as defined by a lot of the people here, but even I'm willing to admit that there might be something about Cutler that makes the players around him worse?

That sounds retarded, I'll admit it, but it just seems like the excuses we had to make for Cutler here (weak defense, no running game, bad OL [during his first year]) are the same ones that are being made to defend the results in Chicago thus far.

Clearly, it's kind of early to say whether this is trend or not (maybe by his third team we'll have enough of a sample size?:wiggle:), but so far Cutler in Chicago has been eerily similar to Cutler in Denver. We'll see if it's just coincidental or not soon enough.

Yeah, the Jay nuthuggers kept telling us to watch Jay now that he has a defense and a quality RB (who will get better because of Jay). Jay swings into town and all of a sudden the Bears run game goes into the ****ter, the OL gets worse even though they added Pace, the defense continues last years downwasrd trend...I thought all the Bears needed was a franchise QB? Either Jay is NOT actually a franchise QB or else franchise QBs aren't all their cracked up to be.

fontaine
10-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Forget Jay. I was watching some of the chefs game last night and it struck me just how beautiful that Champ/Portis trade is still turning out for us. Portis doesn't have that one cut explosiveness any more (altho he did have one nice run), but in the meantime Bailey is just playing inspired defense for us.

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Forget Jay. I was watching some of the chefs game last night and it struck me just how beautiful that Champ/Portis trade is still turning out for us. Portis doesn't have that one cut explosiveness any more (altho he did have one nice run), but in the meantime Bailey is just playing inspired defense for us.

Yep, some of of "media frenzy" trades sure do work out for us.;D

Broncoman13
10-19-2009, 08:40 AM
But why can't the Bears run the ball? You guys told us that Cutler's mere presence would vault Chicago's rush offense into the stratosphere. Instead, they are worse.

You guys? Don't put me into the group that say Cutler is the greatest. I think he is a good QB that needs to be coached not to make mistakes. You see what average QBs do when they limit their mistakes. Brett Favre, Jake Plummer, Tony Romo, all of those guys can be great QBs when they aren't trying to make plays that aren't there. Same thing needs to happen with Cutler, he tries to make every play and ends up turning the ball over too much. He is the epitomy of the "No don't, Yes..GO GO GO" type QB. Anyhow, blaming Cutler for that loss seems to me that you are looking for any excuse to justify getting rid of him in the first place. Myself, the excuse isn't Cutler playing well or poorly... it's Orton's success and being 5-0.

Broncoman13
10-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah, the Jay nuthuggers kept telling us to watch Jay now that he has a defense and a quality RB (who will get better because of Jay). Jay swings into town and all of a sudden the Bears run game goes into the ****ter, the OL gets worse even though they added Pace, the defense continues last years downwasrd trend...I thought all the Bears needed was a franchise QB? Either Jay is NOT actually a franchise QB or else franchise QBs aren't all their cracked up to be.

Seems to me that the Denver Broncos ran the ball pretty damn well for about 15 weeks last year with Cutler at QB. I don't think the running woes have much to do with Jay Cutler. Rather the OL not blocking may play a role, but I'm not expecting you to understand that.

BroncoInferno
10-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Seems to me that the Denver Broncos ran the ball pretty damn well for about 15 weeks last year with Cutler at QB. I don't think the running woes have much to do with Jay Cutler. Rather the OL not blocking may play a role, but I'm not expecting you to understand that.

Of course it has to do with the OL blocking. My point is that all the nuthuggers kept telling us how Jay was going to make the Bears so much better, but he really hasn't. The threat of his arm didn't improve the running game like folks claimed it would; it got worse. I'm not saying that's his fault, just pointing out that Jay is NOT in the franchise QB category of guy who makes the players and team aroun d him better.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2009, 08:52 AM
NFCN is gonna be a fun division to watch. Vikes should walk away with the division and the packers and bears are gonna be clawing for a wild card. If the bearz can find their defense and get Forte running again, no reason why they can't compete for a playoff spot.

Nobody is talking about the inconsistent packers play. Hell, they are great on week, crappy the next too. Cutler and Rogers is gonna be a fun rivalry to watch for the next few years...

McDman
10-19-2009, 08:57 AM
NFCN is gonna be a fun division to watch. Vikes should walk away with the division and the packers and bears are gonna be clawing for a wild card. If the bearz can find their defense and get Forte running again, no reason why they can't compete for a playoff spot.

Nobody is talking about the inconsistent packers play. Hell, they are great on week, crappy the next too. Cutler and Rogers is gonna be a fun rivalry to watch for the next few years...

If the Packers had an offensive line, I don't think it'd be that close of a race. If Rogers had any time he'd be doing very well.

baja
10-19-2009, 09:03 AM

Very good question...

rastaman
10-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Of course it has to do with the OL blocking. My point is that all the nuthuggers kept telling us how Jay was going to make the Bears so much better, but he really hasn't. The threat of his arm didn't improve the running game like folks claimed it would; it got worse. I'm not saying that's his fault, just pointing out that Jay is NOT in the franchise QB category of guy who makes the players and team aroun d him better.

Cutler led the Bears in rushing and passing last night!. This years Bears O line is so dreadful that not even Kyle Orton would have a winning record at this stage had he been the Bears Qb for the 09 season. Its not so much that the threat of Jays Arm didn't improve the running game as much as it is the Bears O line just isn't getting it done thus far. No excuse for his first half interceptions, however you can't have a Franchise QB perform up to expectations if the O line isn't getting it done.

But you must admit, Cutler had the Bears in position to tie the game up inside the Red Zone, however without any type of running attack to speak of, ATL's defense just had to play and cheat on the pass.

Popps
10-19-2009, 10:18 AM
C
But you must admit, Cutler had the Bears in position to tie the game .

I've heard this a few times, now.

Apparently... to qualify for "franchise quarterback" status, the new criteria is that at some point in a game, you must stop throwing interceptions and get your team close enough to tie. Not winning... not playing mistake-free, but just simply having one drive with enough "rocket-armed" throws to make ESPN's highlights later that night.

So, play like **** most of the game... throw INTs, but as long as you almost tie at some point.... you're "franchise."

Popps
10-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Very good question...

They managed to run the ball last year and the line should be the same or slightly better.

Bronco Boy
10-19-2009, 10:20 AM
The Bears have essentially the same problem that the Chiefs have, in that their line is so horrible that it just doesn't make sense to employ a highly compenstated quarterback. This really rings true with Cutler, because he makes a couple bad decisions per game which actually make the team much worse off. Sure, Hanie may not have the big arm, but as long as he didn't make huge mistakes like Cutler does they might actually win more games with him starting, and at a much cheaper price.

TonyR
10-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah, the Jay nuthuggers kept telling us to watch Jay now that he has a defense and a quality RB (who will get better because of Jay).

They had it all figured out, didn't they?

SportinOne
10-19-2009, 10:29 AM
You guys are just so scornful. Let it go. Cutler didn't fumble the ball on the goal line. Cutler also gave Clark a pretty accurate throw on 4th down which Clark acted like he didn't even see and just stuck his elbow out at it.

The bears just aren't a cohesive unit on offense right now. Yeah, Cutler chose the wrong game to throw picks but it's not like he hindered the team. Not many people in the league make some of the 3rd down throws he made on those last two drives.

skpac1001
10-19-2009, 10:33 AM
You guys are just so scornful. Let it go. Cutler didn't fumble the ball on the goal line. Cutler also gave Clark a pretty accurate throw on 4th down which Clark acted like he didn't even see and just stuck his elbow out at it.

The bears just aren't a cohesive unit on offense right now. Yeah, Cutler chose the wrong game to throw picks but it's not like he hindered the team. Not many people in the league make some of the 3rd down throws he made on those last two drives.

It is true that Cutler has a rare ability to almost bring his team back from the holes he puts them in.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 10:35 AM

Apparently... to qualify for "franchise quarterback" status, the new criteria is that at some point in a game, you must stop throwing interceptions and get your team close enough to tie. Not winning... not playing mistake-free, but just simply having one drive with enough "rocket-armed" throws to make ESPN's highlights later that night.

So, play like **** most of the game... throw INTs, but as long as you almost tie at some point.... you're "franchise."

So would you consider Orton a Franchise Qb since he has played error free Football thus far? Afterall he's had several game winning drives over the last few weeks...etc and he's winning.

Popps
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
So would you consider Orton a Franchise Qb since he has played error free Football thus far? Afterall he's had several game winning drives over the last few weeks...etc and he's winning.

No... just a winner.

Good enough for me.

SonOfLe-loLang

While only putting up 14 pts in the process.

rastaman
It is true that Cutler has a rare ability to almost bring his team back from the holes he puts them in.

Thats the mark of a winning QB....isn't it? If anything, Cutler dug himself out of hole from first half interceptions. Point is, Jay had the the Bears in position to tie the game up. What more can you ask for?

Popps
10-19-2009, 10:39 AM

:spit:

chex
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Thats the mark of a winning QB....isn't it? If anything, Cutler dug himself out of hole from first half interceptions. Point is, Jay had the the Bears in position to tie the game up. What more can you ask for?

You mean besides not putting the team in a hole in the first place, or actually tie the game and maybe actually win it?

Drek
10-19-2009, 10:57 AM

As the Packers get Tauscher worked in and get some guys healthy again their OL will likely improve.

More importantly, Minnesota likely has that division on lock down at this point and the Saints or Falcons will win the NFCS, with one of those two probably taking one of the two wild cards.

That means the Packers and Bears are fighting with one of SF and AZ as well as possibly two of NYG, Philly, and Dallas for a wild card spot.

It'll be a tough road for anyone picking up that last wild card spot.

The Bears schedule going forward doesn't look real forgiving. On the road against Cincy, Minnesota, San Fran, and Baltimore with home games against AZ, Philly, Minnesota, and Green Bay. They need to win about half of those games and Cutler can't have any bonehead games against Cleveland, St. Louis, or Detroit. Otherwise they could be a .500 team giving us a top 20 pick.

2KBack
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty sure the mark of a winning QB is...winning

Paladin
10-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Sorry Popps, but I consider Cutler to be an above average QB; a whiney, b*tching, pouting above average QB. What he lacks in Chicago is the Oline and the smart WRs and maybe the QB coach or the O scheme that can use his basic skills. I do not consider him to be a "francise quarterback". He's just a Joe Palooka; a muscle-bound, hard swinging, glass-jawed doofus, living in a comic strip. I gathered from the announcers last night that they were hard pressed to label him the "FQB", either.

Can he win? Decidedly yes with the right scheme and coaching. But it seems to me that he needs a leader. A team full of followers is not going to go too far......

USMCBladerunner
10-19-2009, 11:05 AM
You mean besides not putting the team in a hole in the first place, or actually tie the game and maybe actually win it?

Clearly yes...besides those...:thumbsup:

Arkie
10-19-2009, 11:05 AM
The Broncos had a great defense for the first half of 2006. Then it sucked for 2 1/2 years when Cutler started. Cutler leaves, and all of the sudden, it's really great again. It could have just been a coincidence if the pattern wasn't repeating again in Chicago.

Arkie
10-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Sorry Popps, but I consider Cutler to be an above average QB; a whiney, b*tching, pouting above average QB. What he lacks in Chicago is the Oline and the smart WRs and maybe the QB coach or the O scheme that can use his basic skills. I do not consider him to be a "francise quarterback". He's just a Joe Palooka; a muscle-bound, hard swinging, glass-jawed doofus, living in a comic strip. I gathered from the announcers last night that they were hard pressed to label him the "FQB", either.

Can he win? Decidedly yes with the right scheme and coaching. But it seems to me that he needs a leader. A team full of followers is not going to go too far......

That's the perfect description for Jeff George.

Paladin
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM

I nominate this as

POST OF THE YEAR

Ironlung
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM

I thought you said he looked "amazing" & he looked like such a "stud"

Whats all this bad night talk?

Irish Stout
10-19-2009, 11:09 AM
STFU everyone here, we play the Chargers tonight and Cutler is no longer our concern.

TailgateNut
10-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Cutler led the Bears in rushing and passing last night!. .

I would tend to think that isn't to difficult considering that he IS THEIR QB.:rofl:

He also led them in throwing interceptions.;D

Broncosfreak_56
10-19-2009, 11:20 AM
STFU everyone here, we play the Chargers tonight and Cutler is no longer our concern.

He does bad, then the bears do bad, which gives us a higher first round draft pick. After this year, I won't give a **** about him.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd say Jay is on a short leash ... get Caleb up and loose.

This might be his week :thumbs:

BroncoInferno
10-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Cutler led the Bears in rushing and passing last night!. This years Bears O line is so dreadful that not even Kyle Orton would have a winning record at this stage had he been the Bears Qb for the 09 season. Its not so much that the threat of Jays Arm didn't improve the running game as much as it is the Bears O line just isn't getting it done thus far. No excuse for his first half interceptions, however you can't have a Franchise QB perform up to expectations if the O line isn't getting it done.

But you must admit, Cutler had the Bears in position to tie the game up inside the Red Zone, however without any type of running attack to speak of, ATL's defense just had to play and cheat on the pass.

The Beasrs offensive line was poor last season as well. In fact, we were led to believe that it would be improved this season with the addition of Pace at LT and Chris Williams returning from injury to play RT. In other words, Orton had major OL issues to deal with as well (if not worse). He also had to deal with a mediocre running game (Bears finished 24th in rushing last season). He had to deal with the same medicore receiving corps. Trying to pretend Orton did not have the same issues to deal with is ludicrous. You guys told us that Cutler by virtue of his superior physical gift would make the OL look better because of his mobillity and quicker release, plus the improved personnel on OL. Why hasn't that happened? You all said the running game would improve because teams would be afraid of Cutler's arm and would no longer stack the box. The running game is worse. In short, the Bears are not any better with Cutler than they were with Orton despite having largely the same team in place. If Jay were really a franchise QB who is worlds better than Orton, why haven't we seen the kind of improvement you guys predicted?

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
The Beasrs offensive line was poor last season as well. In fact, we were led to believe that it would be improved this season with the addition of Pace at LT and Chris Williams returning from injury to play RT. In other words, Orton had major OL issues to deal with as well (if not worse). He also had to deal with a mediocre running game (Bears finished 24th in rushing last season). He had to deal with the same medicore receiving corps. Trying to pretend Orton did not have the same issues to deal with is ludicrous. You guys told us that Cutler by virtue of his superior physical gift would make the OL look better because of his mobillity and quicker release, plus the improved personnel on OL. Why hasn't that happened?
It has happened ... they're 3-2, a razor's edge from 4-1.

Again, yet again - this site is the only place on Earth where this nonsense flies.

BroncoBuff
10-19-2009, 01:14 PM
stfu everyone here, we play the chargers tonight and cutler is no longer our concern.

Yeah!

BroncoInferno
10-19-2009, 01:16 PM
It has happened ... they're 3-2, a razor's edge from 4-1.

Again, yet again - this site is the only place on Earth where this nonsense flies.

How are they better than they were last season at 3-2? And the "could be 4-1" nonsense works the other way as well. They could have easily lost to the Steelers and Seahawks and be sitting at 1-4.

gtown
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM
They could have easily lost to the Steelers and Seahawks and be sitting at 1-4.

True dat. I have watched each Bears game, and two of their wins came because the opponent beat itself. The only game they have won outright is the game against the Kittens.

rastaman
10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I would tend to think that isn't to difficult considering that he IS THEIR QB.:rofl:

He also led them in throwing interceptions.;D

You missed the point entirely! The fact that Cutler led the Bears in rushing with a paltry 34 yards is further indictment and proof that the their O line is not opening holes up for Ike Forte'. Cutler has got to do it All just to keep the Bears in the game.

kamakazi_kal
10-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Tough call...

what .... a .... tool.

Popps
10-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Uh oh... is Haine going to get his shot today?!?

Lookss like "The Franchise" is having yet another tough day.

Man-Goblin
10-25-2009, 03:35 PM
My weekly gratuitous shot at Cutler and his knobslobbers:

Franchise QB=QB starting for teams that lose more than they win. I mean, really?

Popps
10-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Now, my Cutler-math is probably off... but recently we've learned that winning games isn't important. What's important is that in the 2nd half, at some point... Jay brings the team somewhere within striking distance. (After putting them in a ****-hole to begin with.)

So, maybe someone can help me out. It's 31-3 now. How "close" will Jay have to "bring" the Bears to be considered a "win" for him this week?

Williams
10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Now, my Cutler-math is probably off... but recently we've learned that winning games isn't important. What's important is that in the 2nd half, at some point... Jay brings the team somewhere within striking distance. (After putting them in a ****-hole to begin with.)

So, maybe someone can help me out. It's 31-3 now. How "close" will Jay have to "bring" the Bears to be considered a "win" for him this week?

No, its stats that important in Cutler-math. As long as he throws for 300+... chalk up another W for boy emo.

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Come on guys, it's the Bears' D. Who could hold Cincy to even a single touchdown for an entire game?? The defense also forced Jay to throw into double coverage for a pick... I do think we see a Mopey sighting on the sidelines though :)

Popps
10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
No, its stats that important in Cutler-math. As long as he throws for 300+... chalk up another W for boy emo.

Dude, did you see that FG drive he led at the half!

He's "giving his team a chance to win!!"

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Dude, did you see that FG drive he led at the half!

He's "giving his team a chance to win!!"

The announcer for the RedZone channel said that Lovie made the call to get them within 4 TDs ROFL!

Popps
10-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Uh oh!! The Franchise just threw another pick!

Broncomutt
10-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Lol

Popps
10-25-2009, 04:34 PM

Well, there's INT #3.

I'm not seeing the game. Who's fault was that one?

He only needs 99 yards for 300, though!

Popps
10-25-2009, 04:56 PM
I smell a Haine sighting. Next series?

QB controversy next week in Chicago?

Sodak
10-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I need a link to a Bears board so I can witness a meltdown in real time.

Man-Goblin
10-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Hanie in the game!!!!!!

Broncomutt
10-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Hilarious!

TonyR
10-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Just awesome.

Br0nc0Buster
10-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Cutler was awful today

The Bears oline is atrocious though, the Bengals were owning them with a 4 man rush all game

If the Bears dont get it together we could be looking at a possible top 10 pick

baja
10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Maybe they will give us Cutler and 2 1STs for Orton.

Should we take it.

UberBroncoMan
10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Bears should only have 1 win this year... 2 hand me games due to missed FG's. Their only legit win was against the almighty Lions lawl.

jhat01
10-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Maybe they will give us Cutler and 2 1STs for Orton.

Should we take it.

:wiggle:

Man-Goblin
10-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Hanie in the game!!!!!!

Quoted for truth. And hilarity.

Hulamau
10-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Josh is looking more and more like the genius he is. Taking the Bears 1st rounder is looking better by the week :-)

Popps
10-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Josh is looking more and more like the genius he is. Taking the Bears 1st rounder is looking better by the week :-)

Then again, a lot of us said we shouldn't be worrying so much about that situation in the off-season, and that the trade wasn't nearly as big of an issue as people made it out to be.

Turns out, maybe it IS a big issue.

Looks like we raped them!

Cool Breeze
10-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I need a link to a Bears board so I can witness a meltdown in real time.

http://forums.kffl.com/showthread.php?t=260127

here is a better one...
http://forums.kffl.com/showthread.php?t=260122 :rofl:

Hulamau
10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Then again, a lot of us said we shouldn't be worrying so much about that situation in the off-season, and that the trade wasn't nearly as big of an issue as people made it out to be.

Turns out, maybe it IS a big issue.

Looks like we raped them!

Yep, isn't this a kick ass Season Popps? :-)! Been in the air a lot flying but haven't missed a game yet ...

And Cutler signs a $30 million couple year deal and promptly loses a fumble and tosses 3 INTs Ha! Got to love it. Poetic justice if there ever was any ... :pimp:

Popps
10-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Yep, isn't this a kick ass Season Popps? :-)! Been in the air a lot flying but haven't missed a game yet ...

And Cutler signs a $30 million couple year deal and promptly loses a fumble and tosses 3 INTs Ha! Got to love it. Poetic justice if there ever was any ... :pimp:

There's a sucker born every minute! :wiggle:

Oh, he had a fumble, too?

Wow. He accounted for 4 turnovers today.

But, as we've talked about... he's a loser for a reason. At a certain point, we can quit with the fairy-tale that this is some sort of accident.

errand
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Bears scored 17 points off Cutler turnovers....so now he has what 11 TD's vs 10 INT's...that's a what 1-1 TD/INT ratio isn't it?

errand
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM
...Jay actually fumbled twice, but the Bengals didn't recover them. Doesn't matter, Jay's not the sole reason the Bears lost...but he's definitely one of them.

Isn't it amazing that Kyle Orton might not throw 3 picks all season...and here's Jay throwing that many in not one but two games. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

Popps
10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Bears scored 17 points off Cutler turnovers....so now he has what 11 TD's vs 10 INT's...that's a what 1-1 TD/INT ratio isn't it?

On par with last season, where he was 2nd in INTs in the league.

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised.

Maybe they're too in awe of his "rocket arm."

Soul-Bronco
10-25-2009, 06:01 PM
LOL look at this guy!!

It's pretty simple -- Bengals dominated both lines of scrimmage. Our DTs were being obliterated by their OL today. And once again, our DL can't get to the quarterback, can't slow the runner down, can't get their hands up. On the other side of the ball, turnstiles 57, 68, and 76 were in rare form, again leading opposing rushers straight into the backfield.

What's Cutler supposed to do? Imagine this. You're down 3 TDs in the first quarter. You have no running game. Your "star" TE has alligator arms and can't break tackles. Your receivers are inexperienced. And above all, the left side of your offensive line is a sieve.

I am absolutely stunned that people want to bitch about Cutler, who barely cracks the top 10 in reasons the Bears lost this game. You want him to check down, play it safe, pull in the reigns when the Bears are down by 40? http://forums.kffl.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

errand
10-25-2009, 06:06 PM

Well in fairness to Jay...his INT's get to their target pretty freaking quick.:rofl::rofl:

11 TD's vs 10 INT's on the season...

baja
10-25-2009, 06:28 PM
LOL look at this guy!!

It's pretty simple -- Bengals dominated both lines of scrimmage. Our DTs were being obliterated by their OL today. And once again, our DL can't get to the quarterback, can't slow the runner down, can't get their hands up. On the other side of the ball, turnstiles 57, 68, and 76 were in rare form, again leading opposing rushers straight into the backfield.

What's Cutler supposed to do? Imagine this. You're down 3 TDs in the first quarter. You have no running game. Your "star" TE has alligator arms and can't break tackles. Your receivers are inexperienced. And above all, the left side of your offensive line is a sieve.

I am absolutely stunned that people want to b**** about Cutler, who barely cracks the top 10 in reasons the Bears lost this game. You want him to check down, play it safe, pull in the reigns when the Bears are down by 40? http://forums.kffl.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Dude you sound like any one of us here the last 2 seasons. In time you'll see what we came to realize.

Orange4Life
10-25-2009, 06:35 PM

Its a real bitch having a stronger arm than Elway. Sometimes you just dont' know your own strength!

Popps
10-25-2009, 10:12 PM
http://photos.upi.com/topics-Chicago-Bears-quarterback-Caleb-Hanie-drops-back-to-pass-during-a-preseason-football-game-in-Chicago/2fbd2f800a7f5f936ad43ec7d3377fbd/C-1.jpg

Look at that delivery.

Next week?

Bronco Boy
10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
So basically the only difference between Cutler and Grossman at this point is a strong arm?

Popps
10-25-2009, 11:02 PM
So basically the only difference between Cutler and Grossman at this point is a strong arm?

Well, that... and Grossman has actually won a playoff game.

baja
10-25-2009, 11:03 PM
what is Jay lifetime now.

maher_tyler
10-25-2009, 11:08 PM
LOL look at this guy!!

I am absolutely stunned that people want to b**** about Cutler, who barely cracks the top 10 in reasons the Bears lost this game. You want him to check down, play it safe, pull in the reigns when the Bears are down by 40? http://forums.kffl.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

He had the best O line protecting him last year in Denver..only giving up like 9 sacks. Yet he was still 2nd in the league in INTs. I don't get why people keep making excuses for this guy. Last year it was cause the D was horrible and that we had no RB's. When do people quit it with the excuses?! Right now he's just not a good QB...maybe sometime in the future he'll turn it around, it's not looking good for Jay!

Circle Orange
10-26-2009, 12:05 AM

Uh, no...Grossman has a strong arm, also. Cutler is taller, that's all. Grossman was even more aggressive throwing balls into impossible places. And his attitude is totally different than Cutlers. Bombs away guy.

Griese was regarded as a noodle arm, Orton there was debate about arm strength. I say start Hanie. It would be a fitting end, especially after getting that money! Let his pricey a$$ collect pine needless sitting on the bench.

But somewhere out there, Rex is laughing. And texting his old bud Ced.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 01:33 AM
You guys are hilarious ... Palmer lays 45 on their defense, Jay is knocked down 9 times, but somehow it's "Cutler sucking" that caused defeat.

But they really did get killed, didn't they ... :~ohyah!:

Archer81
10-26-2009, 01:41 AM
You guys are hilarious ... Palmer lays 45 on their defense, Jay is knocked down 9 times, but somehow it's "Cutler sucking" that caused defeat.

When you turn the ball over 4 times, like Chicago did, and Cutler the reason for 3 of them...yeah...he sucked. He didnt help his defense any, which is a recurring theme from last season.

:Broncos:

Broncomutt
10-26-2009, 01:45 AM
When you turn the ball over 4 times, like Chicago did, and Cutler the reason for 3 of them...yeah...he sucked. He didnt help his defense any, which is a recurring theme from last season.

:Broncos:

I heard he was responsible for all 4 actually. Three picks and a fumble.

EDIT: OK, I see he fumbled twice but they were both recovered by the Bears. My bad, he's pretty awesome after all.:notworthy

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Damn, despite being knocked down 9 times, he still completed 70% of his passes.

Including three to the Bengals :~ohyah!:

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 01:54 AM
What?!

So now it's Jay's fault the defense sucked last year?

Oh that's rich ... and Jay got Shanahan fired too, right? ROFL!

errand
10-26-2009, 06:53 AM

...you mean besides the fact that Grossman led a team to a conference title? Yeah...

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
...you mean besides the fact that Grossman led a team to a conference title? Yeah...

You really believe this?

Br0nc0Buster
10-26-2009, 07:09 AM
You really believe this?

If you didnt know who Jay was and just looked at his stats, you could confuse him for Rex Grossman

Jay has played like Rex Grossman so far this year

He had 4 turnovers, to suggest he played anything other than terrible is delusional

cutthemdown
10-26-2009, 07:09 AM

All it proves is Cutler is no Elway. It proves he can't win with a bad defense, bad oline, and avg wr.

Let's face it Cutler is mobile but he often backpeddles which is a no no in the NFL. You back peddle, then try to go left or right, just messes up your footwork and your momentum.

You have to find room to step up through the pressure, or get left or right quicker. Too often Cutlers first steps away from pressure are back. That's a fundamental mistake.

Drek
10-26-2009, 07:46 AM

Aren't franchise QBs supposed to win football games for their teams though Buff?

He's supposed to be a franchise QB. You'd think he'd have at least one drive in the first half ending in a touchdown.

And the 45 the Bengals laid on their D? About 17 of it directly resulted in Cutler throwing three picks that got brought back into Bears territory. You can't put short field TDs like that just on the defense, the guy who gave them the short field takes a big chunk of the blame.

Cutler didn't lose the game single-handedly, but he sure did help turn it into a laugher real fast.

What?!

So now it's Jay's fault the defense sucked last year?

Oh that's rich ... and Jay got Shanahan fired too, right? ROFL!

Jay Cutler guaranteed we make the playoffs before the start of last season.

Jay Cutler then didn't show up for the last three weeks of the season, when a win in any one of them locks up the division.

Jay Cutler's play last year had a LOT to do with Mike Shanahan not being the coach of the Denver Broncos anymore.

TailgateNut
10-26-2009, 07:48 AM
aren't franchise qbs supposed to win football games for their teams

cutler didn't lose the game single-handedly, but he sure did help turn it into a laugher real fast.

Jay cutler guaranteed we make the playoffs before the start of last season.

Jay cutler then didn't show up for the last three weeks of the season, when a win in any one of them locks up the division.

Jay cutler's play last year had a lot to do with mike shanahan not being the coach of the denver broncos anymore.

qft

Old Dude
10-26-2009, 08:34 AM
INT Leaders:

1. Jake Delhomme - 13 (in 177 attempts)

2-3 Mark Sanchez - 10 (in 178 attempts)
2-3 Jay Cutler - 10 (in 209 attempts)

4-6 JaMarcus Russell - 8 (in 160 attempts)
4-6 Josh Johnson - 8 (in 125 attempts)
4-6 Kerry Collins - 8 (in 197 attempts)

7-8 Derek Anderson - 7 (in 137 attempts)
7-8 Carson Palmer - 7 (in 227 attempts)

9 and below: (7 QBs tied with 6 INTs each)

TailgateNut
10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Last three games of the year our "defense" gave up 30 30 and 52.

People love to forget, but the season was O-V-E-R on the road in Cleveland when the 4th quarter started. That 4th quarter comeback by Cutler was historic actually, best 4th quarter comeback in the league last year.

We just disagree. The defense was at least 75% responsible for our season, I'd say 90%. I can't imagine how anyone could disagree.

Yes, Jay could've been a better leader down the stretch, he shouldda rammed the ball into the end zone those last three games. But this is a very reasonable take: "With 6 or 7 running backs on IR and the worst defense in the league, it's amazing Cutler carried us an 8-8 record." Sure as hell can't credit the defense for a single victory .... and that is not the least bit unreasonable a take (except here on the Mane of course).

I like the guy, but not that much. I gotta stop letting this revisionist history get to me. Half the people bagging on Jay now loved him unconditionally when the season ended. In fact, CBF1 defended Jay to ME when Shanahan was fired.

If you want to hate him now, fine, I certainly understand that. But don't pretend you thought these things before Mike was fired. Not you specifically Drek, but all the "Bandwagon Hater-come-latelys" :~ohyah!:

Hey Bud, I like you, and because I do, I think you should get some help.;)

This Jay Love/obsession isn't healthy.

IMO, Jay couldn't lead anyone.

....and as a matter of record, I had many arguments with the douche doctor who sits next to my at Mile High about the other douche (Jay). I hated Shanahan for pulling Jake and putting the reigns in Jays' hands. Day Frigging ONE!

....and am loving his self destruction.:~ohyah!:

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Jay Cutler then didn't show up for the last three weeks of the season, when a win in any one of them locks up the division.Last three games of the year our "defense" gave up 30 30 and 52.

People love to forget, but the season was O-V-E-R on the road in Cleveland when the 4th quarter started. That 4th quarter comeback by Cutler was historic actually, best 4th quarter comeback in the league last year.

Jay Cutler's play last year had a LOT to do with Mike Shanahan not being the coach of the Denver Broncos anymore.
We just disagree. The defense was at least 75% responsible for Shanahan's ouster, I'd say 90%. I can't imagine how anyone could disagree.

Proof Jay was NOT the reason Mike was fired? Bowlen said after the firing, "Jay is the man around here, I'll have to speak with him about the future" or something. That's proof Pat didn't think Jay was the problem ... and since Pat did the firing, ipso facto, Jay was not the reason.

Yes, Jay could've been a better leader down the stretch, he shouldda rammed the ball into the end zone those last three games. But this is a very reasonable take: "With 6 or 7 running backs on IR and the worst defense in the league, it's amazing Cutler carried us an 8-8 record." Sure as hell can't credit the defense for a single victory .... and that is not the least bit unreasonable a take (except here on the Mane of course).
I like the guy, but not that much. I gotta stop letting this revisionist history get to me. Half the people bagging on Jay now loved him unconditionally when the season ended. In fact, CBF1 defended Jay to ME when Shanahan was fired.

If you want to hate him now, fine, I certainly understand that. But don't pretend you thought these things before Mike was fired. Not you specifically Drek, but all the "Bandwagon Hater-come-latelys" :~ohyah!:

Rohirrim
10-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Poor McBuff - like a voice in the wilderness. :rofl:

I tell you one thing about Cutler's INTs; He sure can zip it in there.

WolfpackGuy
10-26-2009, 08:58 AM
What is that Bears draft pick up to now?

#13? :)

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Proof Jay was NOT the reason Mike was fired? Bowlen said after the firing, "Jay is the man around here, I'll have to speak with him about the future" or something. That's proof Pat didn't think Jay was the problem ... and since Pat did the firing, ipso facto, Jay was not the reason.
That's fine tgn .... seriously, I totally get why people can't stand the guy.

Just bugs me when people pretend they "knew it al along," or "I wanted him out last year," that kinda nonsense. Not just on this topic, actually I can't STAND it when anybody does that on ANY topic. ;D

TailgateNut
10-26-2009, 09:00 AM

I tell you one thing about Cutler's INTs; He sure can zip it in there.

I'd like to get a realistic count of how many of his "pretty balls" were one fingertip from an interception. If all of the possible INT's would have been picked, he'd set a new world record.:~ohyah!:

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Yeah, me and those 9 general managers who had a feeding frenzy over Jay. And everybody else who thinks it was a good trade, and the ESPN poll that favored the Bears side afterward, we're ALL voices in the wilderness (if by 'wilderness' you mean everywhere not on this website, yes).

But yeah, you are smarter than ALL them guys, huh Roh?

You guys are hilarious, you really are. But then again I am obsessed with objectivity, so there ;D

TailgateNut
10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
That's fine tgn .... seriously, I totally get why people can't stand the guy.

. ;D

Tell me why I didn't/don't like the douche/err guy. In my eyes, what is his least desireable quality?

Rohirrim
10-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah, me and those 9 general managers who had a feeding frenzy over Jay. And everybody else who thought so, we're ALL voices in the wilderness. If by 'wilderness' you mean everywhere not on this website, yes.

Yeah, you are ... just say it.

Geez, you're really getting all worked up about this aren't you? I'm guessing there are 8 GMs out there who are now saying that the Broncos got the best of that trade. Take a deep breath. Cutler sucks and the Broncos dodged a bullet. It's all good.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Tell me why I didn't/don't like the douche/err guy. In my eyes, what is his least desireable quality?

His aloof, mopey attitude is pretty weak, especially to the media. And he's a HUGE dick, according to many many people, including several guys on here whom I trust. His dickish personality is his least desireable "quality" imo.

But I don't think he's a baby or a whiner ... I never saw that really. In fact, staying at Vandy for his senior year after his teammates' death, and fighting through the beetus all of 2007 are two very, VERY solid character diplays imo.

He seems like a whiner, but we really don't know, we're not in the room. And I've heard nothing from any player (except Nate Jackson) say anything else.

Rohirrim
10-26-2009, 09:07 AM
I'd like to get a realistic count of how many of his "pretty balls" were one fingertip from an interception. If all of the possible INT's would have been picked, he'd set a new world record.:~ohyah!:

They should have a stat for "Thrown into double and triple coverage." Jay would own it.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Geez, you're really getting all worked up about this aren't you? I'm guessing there are 8 GMs out there who are now saying that the Broncos got the best of that trade. Take a deep breath. Cutler sucks and the Broncos dodged a bullet. It's all good.

My problem with all this is not Jay so much really ... it's actually more that I'm obsessed with fighting, and I hate to say this, but hypocrisy. That's why I'm so inviting of people to show me even one post saying even 1% of this stuff last season. Only Popps and Drek have come through on that, and I guess Khan questioned his drinking pretty regularly.

you wanna shut me up? Link to any post saying half what you're saying now. ;D

BroncoInferno
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM

The San Diego game was the only one where Jay didn't have a chance to do anything to help. He was mediocre against Carolina with a 21-33 173 yard 1 TD 1 INT game in the 30-10 drubbing--are you really going to excuse Jay and the offense for only putting 10 measely points on the board in a crucial game?; he threw for a lot of yards (359 yards on 25-45 passing 0 TDs 1 INT) against Buffalo but contributed to the loss with a killer red zone interception. If Jay were a franchise QB, he would have done more in those two games than he did. He choked, face it.

Sure as hell can't credit the defense for a single victory .... and that is not the least bit unreasonable a take (except here on the Mane of course).

It's acceptable in hyperbole land. But, late in the season, when the offense was playing largely mediocre football, the defense did contribute to a few wins: they played very good against Atlanta in our 24-20 win, while Jay was solid but unspectacular (19-27 216 yards 1 TD 0 INTs); they also played well in late season wins against the Jets (forced 3 turnovers in a 34-17 win) and Chiefs (held them 260 yards in 24-17 win). It's sheer hyperbolic-Cutler-nutswinging to act like he won all our games for us and did nothing to contribute to the losses.

This Jay Love/obsession isn't healthy.

Then why do you breathlessly come to his defense when anything critical is said about him? And then you call your own often hyperbolic takes "reasonable", and suggesting that those who(CORRECTLY) believe Jay did his fair share to contribute to our recent mediocrity are merely unreasoned haters. I would say we are being far more reasonable by not absolving Jay and the offense for every ill on the team because the defense was bad.

Rohirrim
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
My problem with all this is not Jay so much really ... it's actually more that I'm obsessed with fighting, and I hate to say this, but hypocrisy. That's why I'm so inviting of people to show me even one post saying even 1% of this stuff last season. Only Popps and Drek have come through on that, and I guess Khan questioned his drinking pretty regularly.

you wanna shut me up? Link to any post saying half what you're saying now. ;D

Why would I want to shut you up! This is all the entertainment I'm getting on here during the bye week.

BTW, I know there are such comments made by me, but I just don't know how to operate the search engine well enough to find them. Unless you expect me to just type "Cutler" in the search terms and start reading them. Ha!

I guess that would keep me busy for a few weeks.

BroncoInferno
10-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, me and those 9 general managers who had a feeding frenzy over Jay. And everybody else who thinks it was a good trade, and the ESPN poll that favored the Bears side afterward, we're ALL voices in the wilderness (if by 'wilderness' you mean everywhere not on this website, yes).

You guys are hilarious, you really are. But then again I am obsessed with objectivity, so there ;D

Who cares what anybody thought at the time? People clearly chose to overlook the clear issues with Jay's game, probably for two reasons: 1) his immense physical talent can be breathtaking at times and he does have a knack for jaw-dropping passes 2) those who paid attention to the WTF? throws figured they could coach it out of him (even though offensive guru Mike Shanahan couldn't). It's becoming clear that Jay is what he is--a immensely talented guy who lacks the ability to consistently make good decisions and who has poor leadership skills. I imagine a few opinions are starting to change. And, you seem to have a problem with people who change their minds about Jay. Why? You would prefer they be like Bush supporters...ignore all evidence of his penchant for ****-ups and stand by him anyway, rationalizing away every failure as the fault of someone else? Isn't it more rational to change your position when the evidence warrants such rather than digging your heels into a position that has become increasingly indefensible?

Drek
10-26-2009, 09:26 AM

It was week ten, far from over. San Diego was 3-5 heading into week 10, we where 4-4. A loss coupled with a SD win would've just put us at tied in the division, not "season over" status by any stretch.

We just disagree. The defense was at least 75% responsible for Shanahan's ouster, I'd say 90%. I can't imagine how anyone could disagree.

Mike Shanahan got fired because he didn't make the playoffs despite going into the final three weeks of the season with a three game lead. We where a historic lock to win the division, and we found a way to choke it up. Jay Cutler was a big part of that.

If we make the playoffs and get blown out in round one we probably still have Shanahan, Cutler, and Slowik all part of this franchise. It would've been status quo. Our defense still would have sucked but Shanahan wouldn't have been fired, therefore the notion that the horrible defense was 90% of why Shanahan got canned just doesn't fly.

Our defense sucked last year, sure, but at some point you are what you are and you've got to produce despite your deficiencies. We knew our D couldn't stop anyone, so we typically just tried to outscore 'em. This didn't fail because the offense wasn't good enough, this failed because Jay Cutler was far too inconsistent to carry a team, and after a first half where he actually looked like the pro-bowler he was proclaimed, he declined heavily and what the team had been built around (Cutler and the offense) suddenly couldn't be relied on anymore.

You can't blame it on the RBs, he started to slump when we still had some capable backs putting up good yardage. You can't blame it on the defense, they weren't the ones who put up 17, 17, and 10 in three home games last year against beatable teams, and averaged over two turnovers a game.

Cutler was great in half our games last year, and he completely let us down in the other eight. If he just plays a balanced season we probably lose to San Diego at home and New Orleans, but we also probably win against Jacksonville at home, Miami at home, Oakland, and Buffalo at home. We drop two games he carried us to victory with exceptional efforts and pick up four where his below average to outright poor play resulted in us losing football games.

My criticisms aren't revisionist history post-trade as you know. They're views I formed after watching Cutler go from a star in the making through the first few games of the year to a scatter brained, inconsistent QB who once again played the worst football of his season when the games mattered most.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:26 AM
It's sheer hyperbolic-Cutler-nutswinging to act like he won all are games for us and did nothing to contribute to the losses.
I never said that, in fact I said "he should rammed the ball in" at the end of the season. Please read my posts before you attack ...

Then why do you breathlessly come to his defense when anything critical is said about him? And then call your often hyperbolic takes "reasonable", and suggesting that those who(CORRECTLY) believe Jay did his fair share to contribute to our recent mediocrity our merely unreasoned hater. I would say we our being far more reasonable by not absolving Jay and the offense for every ill on the team because the defense was bad.He contributed plenty, just not nearly as much as the defense did. By a longshot. And I didn't say it was necessarily MY take, I said it was a REASONABLE take. People far, far smarter than you or I decided that this take was somewhat true, and that this was a good trade for both teams. Pretending otherwise is sheer nonsense.

And why does everybody care so much that I still like Jay?

I do find it funny when so many here "breathlessly" watch his games and when he throws a pick they say, "HAHAHAHA, ANOTHER INTERCEPTION, SEE? HE SUCKS HE SUCKS, I KNEW IT!"

The opposite of love is not hate .... just sayin.'

TailgateNut
10-26-2009, 09:30 AM

Rohirrim
10-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Every time I see Cutler make another bone-headed throw I just think, "If not for the owner, new FO and new coach of the Broncos, that could be my team, and my QB." So I guess it's more "gratitude" than anything else. ;D

Irish Stout
10-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I do find it funny when so many here "breathlessly" watch his games and when he throws a pick they say, "HAHAHAHA, ANOTHER INTERCEPTION, SEE? HE SUCKS HE SUCKS, I KNEW IT!"

1 - Nobody cares if you still like Jay, but if you like him more than your current QB then thats lame.

2 - When I read it, I see very few people saying; "I KNEW IT! I KNEW jAY cUTLER SUCKED!" Rather you see people laughing and being ruthless against the only one left that we can call a villain of the late season blow up and the off-season fiasco. McD and Bowlen now look competent and Jay does not, so you see some schadenfreude - where we celebrate actually being the winners of an epic offseason.

3 - Cutler's suck directly contributes to the value of our pick next year.

4 - Several people last year and the year before actually said the same thing that was said in South Park: "Jay- you kind of suck, but look like you could be really good one day." We lost the opportunity at that one day, but right now, Jay is still kinda sucking.

BOOSH!

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Mike Shanahan got fired because he didn't make the playoffs despite going into the final three weeks of the season with a three game lead. We where a historic lock to win the division, and we found a way to choke it up. Jay Cutler was a big part of that.
I think Mike's firing was in the works long before the last three weeks of the season. He had become - I think - a megalomaniacal-like dictator who pissed just about everybody off. Dan Reeves all over again. Mike asking that the Paul D. Bowlen Center be replaced was a big deal. And once again, after the firing Pat was very solicitous of Jay. So Pat - the one who decides - was not blaming Jay.

My criticisms aren't revisionist history post-trade as you know. They're views I formed after watching Cutler go from a star in the making through the first few games of the year to a scatter brained, inconsistent QB who once again played the worst football of his season when the games mattered most.
"Scatter-brained," I don't get that ???

He did play some of his worst football when the games mattered, no doubt. And that's not how a winner plays. He has some real growing to do if he wants to be a leader and a winner. But I truly believe - and I think everyone should agree - that his play had us way ahead of where we would've been with any other than an elite quarterback. Too many football professionals obviously agree wiith that.

Yes Drek, you were saying lots of this stuff last season, true. Moreover, you've been almost uncannily accurate, point for point this past offseason. On very specific points, too.

But lots of the rest of this stuff here is just revisionist history and piling on, I hope you can see that.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:43 AM
1 - Nobody cares if you still like Jay, but if you like him more than your current QB then thats lame.

2 - When I read it, I see very few people saying; "I KNEW IT! I KNEW jAY cUTLER SUCKED!" Rather you see people laughing and being ruthless against the only one left that we can call a villain of the late season blow up and the off-season fiasco. McD and Bowlen now look competent and Jay does not, so you see some schadenfreude - where we celebrate actually being the winners of an epic offseason.

3 - Cutler's suck directly contributes to the value of our pick next year.

4 - Several people last year and the year before actually said the same thing that was said in South Park: "Jay- you kind of suck, but look like you could be really good one day." We lost the opportunity at that one day, but right now, Jay is still kinda sucking.

Good post, I agree with 90% of that ... but you're dead wrong people don't care what I think about Jay. Sometime I'll show you my "hate rep" sheet .

Dagmar
10-26-2009, 09:44 AM
God McBuff, you are absolutely and utterly pathetic.

http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation/files/2009/08/sad-face.jpg

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:45 AM
God McBuff, you are absolutely and utterly pathetic.

http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation/files/2009/08/sad-face.jpg

Actually McStout, this post proves you're right ... nobody cares what I think :~ohyah!:

DenverBrit
10-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Damn, despite being knocked down 9 times, he still completed 70% of his passes.

Including three to the Bengals :~ohyah!:

Jay had a an excellent line and receivers last year, yet still threw 18 ints.

Turnovers will cause loses and all the excuses in the world won't change the fact that Jay is a turnover machine.

First it was Denver's D, now it's Chicago's.

Maybe Jay does make a defense worse. ;D

Dagmar
10-26-2009, 09:52 AM
I actually care, because you used to be a good poster. Now I am saddened and embarrassed for you. Your posts make me cringe. And you really believe that just putting a smiley means all the bull you have posted is somehow acceptable for a Broncos fan.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Why would I want to shut you up! This is all the entertainment I'm getting on here during the bye week.
:thanku:

BTW, I know there are such comments made by me, but I just don't know how to operate the search engine well enough to find them. Unless you expect me to just type "Cutler" in the search terms and start reading them. Ha!
Aaaaaaw, poor Roh can't work the search feature!

Plug in a date range for your posts, starting a year ago, until 6 months ago, then your name and "Cutler." Then search just the dates on and the day after certain games. I offered $100 for a couple guys here to show me, I just haven't heard a peep ourt of them since ;D

Now LEAVE ME AND JAY ALONE!

Dagmar
10-26-2009, 09:53 AM

Well, his picks and fumbles force them to be on the field much longer and with a much shorter field.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
I actually care, because you used to be a good poster. Now I am saddened and embarrassed for you. Your posts make me cringe. And you really believe that just putting a smiley means all the bull you have posted is somehow acceptable for a Broncos fan.

The smileys are for me pal ;D

And I guess you must cringe at the big scary outside world - the world where so many people agree with me that Jay is an excellent quarterback. Immature maybe, but with a huge upside.

TailgateNut
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Jay had a an excellent line and receivers last year, yet still threw 18 ints.

Turnovers will cause loses and all the excuses in the world won't change the fact that Jay is a turnover machine.

First it was Denver's D, now it's Chicago's.

He wears them out! Slowly, but surely.

He is, however, a legend in his own mind (and BroncoBuffs):spit:

Dagmar
10-26-2009, 09:59 AM
The smileys are for me pal ;D

And I guess you must cringe at the big scary outside world - the world where so many people agree with me that Jay is an excellent quarterback. Immature maybe, but with a huge upside.

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php

Dagmar
10-26-2009, 10:01 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2009-10/50073656.jpg

Dagmar
10-26-2009, 10:02 AM
http://www.dabears.com/forums/

http://www.dabears.com/forums/images/styles/dbz/logo.png

A new place for McBuff perhaps?

Rohirrim
10-26-2009, 10:10 AM
:thanku:

Aaaaaaw, poor Roh can't work the search feature!

Plug in a date range for your posts, starting a year ago, until 6 months ago, then your name and "Cutler." Then search just the dates on and the day after certain games. I offered $100 for a couple guys here to show me, I just haven't heard a peep ourt of them since ;D

Now LEAVE ME AND JAY ALONE!

Thanks! I found some interesting stuff:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2385372&postcount=193

Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
Look, I kind of admire that so many people are such big Josh fans and defenders, in spite of the facts he is so young and so new. I'm different, I think a guy has to EARN my loyalty when he comes in new (especially after so much blood has been spilled). The Josh people give their loyalty upfront, most it seems with few questions asked. Either way is fine, there's no right or wrong ... besides, in 24 hours, I'm clamming up!

Originally Posted by Rohirrim
You really misinterpret this, either by design or just as some kind of clever argumentative ploy. The people you want to lump into one big group of "Josh loyalists" are not that at all. When confronted with the choice between the Broncos organization, McD and Bowlen vs the whiny biatch that Cutler turned out to be, they side with the organization. That doesn't mean they are not holding McD's ass to the flame. He is making choices. Like any coach in the NFL, his career path will live or die on the choices he makes. That's the grown-up world. A world Jay does not want to become a part of. All your posts do is heighten the polarization of this site. What you mischaracterize as "loyalty" could more honestly be described as "willing to wait and see rather than jump to a ****load of conclusions."

But I particularly liked this one:

Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
GUILTY AS CHARGED ... I LOVE JAY CUTLER!

Good lord, Roh, I "don't notice this"? I'm screaming it from the mountaintops ... I LOVE JAY CUTLER!! Chop down that strawman and scream it with me, Roh!
GUILTY AS CHARGED ... I LOVE JAY CUTLER!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2385495&postcount=208

DeusExManning
10-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Lay of Buff, he is just like everyone else giving his opinion and remains a devout fan.

TailgateNut
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM
From Da Bears forum:

Oh PLEASE!!!!! You MUST be Kidding with this Horse ****!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK......I've been pretty quite this season....But, I gotta say.....

THIS AIN'T NO "TEAM"!!!!!......THIS SO-CALLED POOR EXCUSE FOR AN NFL FOOTBALL TEAM FKIN' BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND CUTLER LEADS THE PACK! ...... how's DENVER doing these days????

ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' PATHETIC!!!!!!!

Here we go, another year of:........."We Just Have To Find A Way To Win"............AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.
.....this team's like a broken record.

Yeah, I know.....so's my attitude.

THEN FKIN' PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!! - THEY CAN'T!!!!! THEY SUCK!!!!!!!

YEAR AFTER FKIN' YEAR.....IT'S THE SAME OLD HORSE ****.

FK DA BEARS!!!!!! what a despicable excuse for FOOTBALL. Can't even watch this crap.

I have leaves to rake.

BroncoBuff
10-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Lay of Buff, he is just like everyone else giving his opinion and remains a devout fan.

Thank you my friend.

Drek
10-26-2009, 10:45 AM
I think Mike's firing was in the works long before the last three weeks of the season. He had become - I think - a megalomaniacal-like dictator who pissed just about everybody off. Dan Reeves all over again. Mike asking that the Paul D. Bowlen Center be replaced was a big deal. And once again, after the firing Pat was very solicitous of Jay. So Pat - the one who decides - was not blaming Jay.
Doesn't matter where blame is assigned. He was still largely at fault. He made a promise in the off-season, he folded when that promise was in reach of fulfillment. Its the same promise Shanahan made to start the year too by the way.

Pat Bowlen was getting sick of Shanahan's shtick, but Bowlen loves winning over everything else and if he thought Shanahan was getting this organization back on track he wouldn't have made the move. A playoff birth was what Bowlen expected. When he didn't get it that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

"Scatter-brained," I don't get that ???
Panicked, erratic play. Running around with the football like its a loaf of bread. Throwing into double and triple coverage. Thinks like that. He lets the game get too big for him. Steve Young had a great point on this after the opener when he threw a plethora of picks to the Packers. At some point you've got to just stop letting yourself make those mistakes. If it means throwing out of bounds or just hitting your check downs time and time again then do it, but stop shooting your team in the foot.

He did play some of his worst football when the games mattered, no doubt. And that's not how a winner plays. He has some real growing to do if he wants to be a leader and a winner. But I truly believe - and I think everyone should agree - that his play had us way ahead of where we would've been with any other than an elite quarterback. Too many football professionals obviously agree wiith that.
Too many of the "football professionals" you refer to are media members who now play the roll of star ****ers to please their producers and advertisers. Rodney Harrison called out Tom Brady a few weeks back telling him to "take the skirt off". How much you want to bet the very next commercial break Harrison was on the phone apologizing to Brady for saying that?

They act like this is a sport of individuals, that somehow iconic stars do lead teams to wins. They don't and its not. Its a team game, 53 as one throughout the week, 45 as one come game day. That has always been the formula for winning in this league.

And those football professionals are suddenly very silent about the heir apparent to Brett Favre's throne as the most exciting player in the NFL.

People thought Jimmy Johnson was crazy for trading Herschel Walker for a bunch of picks and a few ok players. All those experts suddenly have revisionist views on the events and knew Jimmy was a draft guru on the verge of greatness. Happens all the time Buff, their opinions are no more valid than yours or my own, and often not nearly as well supported by reality and facts.

Yes Drek, you were saying lots of this stuff last season, true. Moreover, you've been almost uncannily accurate, point for point this past offseason. On very specific points, too.
Not uncannily accurate, just patient and looking at the team through a critical, dissecting eye. I'll share with you my thought process from last season through to now.

I completely get where you're coming from, start of last season I thought Cutler was the man and this team was poised for a breakout. I drank the kool-aid without hesitation. But as the season wore on the contrast between our Broncos and the real elite teams became more apparent. So that is why shortly after the season ended, before Shanahan was fired or Cutler traded, I posted on here that Cutler wasn't an elite QB, that his pro-bowl appearance was a farce, and that Matt Ryan was a better QB, with Joe Flacco on the verge of surpassing him.

It wasn't prescience, it was watching how Cutler handled real adversity versus a few rookies several years his juniors. Flacco wasn't even good last year, but he made his biggest plays when the Ravens where in the playoff hunt. That is a defining characteristic of winning quarterbacks, they step it up down the stretch of the season as they get more in tune with their targets, blocking, and scheme.

So when Bowlen decided to make a change I watched with a critical eye, and what I saw was a chronologically young but football wise coordinator of a perennial powerhouse come in and start establishing a new mindset.

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth when Leach was let go to bring in Paxton. I said then it was because McDaniels knows Paxton brings the right mindset and attitude he's looking for, at a low price. Not a negative against Leach at all, just that Paxton was the known quantity. He brought in other guys of similar experience and ethic, known quantities who always give 110% and many of them who have been on teams that made big late season pushes or where on teams that went from cellar dwellers one year to playoff teams the next. Guys like Dawkins, Hill, Goodman, Andra Davis, etc..

That is why when the ordeal with Cutler occurred and Cutler himself said he wasn't happy because McDaniels couldn't assure him he'd never be traded I knew we where on the right track. Either Cutler gets over his childishness (what I was hoping for) and puts the team first, or he gets traded. Either way the team first lunch pail attitude of "just do your jobs" grows in stature within the organization. When the guy who replaced Cutler was Orton, someone I liked since his days at Purdue, I felt even better about it because that is Orton to a 'T'.

McDaniels had a vision from day one. It wasn't even that complex or intricate of a vision. Just a simple statement. Do your jobs and play within the game plan. If at that point we fail then its on the coaches, not the players. So while the teams we face eventually cave to the pressure and fall victim to mental lapses and stupid mistakes we continue to play hard nosed, low risk football, something very rare in the league today.

We might be the best tackling team in the entire NFL right now. Last year we where easily one of the worst. That is largely because no one breaks contain, over shoots a gap, or tries for the big hit at the expense of the sure tackle. The entire success of the 2009 Denver Broncos is reflected in those aspects of this team, and they've been shining through for a while, to those who where willing to stop and look closely.

Rohirrim
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM

Buff needs no protection. He gives as good as he gets.

LittleFloyd
10-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I sure hope they start Hennie and his balloon at QB.

BroncoDoug
10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
http://www.dabears.com/forums/showpost.php?p=632868&postcount=28

Circle Orange
10-26-2009, 06:13 PM
http://photos.upi.com/topics-Chicago-Bears-quarterback-Caleb-Hanie-drops-back-to-pass-during-a-preseason-football-game-in-Chicago/2fbd2f800a7f5f936ad43ec7d3377fbd/C-1.jpg

Look at that delivery.

Next week?

Nice guns. *catches eye*

Word is Kyle and Rexy are still texting and laughing. Karma is a mother. :thumbsup:

Popps
10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.dabears.com/forums/showpost.php?p=632868&postcount=28

Orton was sacked 27 times last year with this Bears O-line
Cutler was sacked 11 times last year with the Broncos line

Orton is on pace to get sacked 24 times this year
Cutler is on pace to get sacked 30 times which is not that much

Cutler only got sacked once today. Cutler has been sacked only 2 more times than Orton.

Cutler has 10 INT's and Orton only has 1. Why are the Broncos 6-0 ? I think the answer is obvious. Cutler is the modern day Jeff George and Orton is above average and careful with the ball. One style is suited towards this bears style of offense and the other is not.

Funny.

True, but funny.

lex
10-29-2009, 12:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/mcdaniels-models-cutler-jersey-300x.jpg

BroncoDoug
10-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Funny.

True, but funny.

Mmmhm, it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the whole situation

Popps
11-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Tough call at this point. The season is pretty much over. Stick with Cutler, or look towards the future?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/hanie.jpg

The Hanie watch is on!!!

rbackfactory80
11-08-2009, 12:45 PM
This thread has more merit than most believe.

KS Bronco
11-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Tough call at this point. The season is pretty much over. Stick with Cutler, or look towards the future?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/hanie.jpg

The Hanie watch is on!!!

bombay
11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
What the hell happened in Chicago? SI saw them as a Super Bowl team in the preseason, and virtually all of the pronosticators picked either them or Minnesota to pick the division. They were viewed as a very good team by everyone. They came to Denver in game three of the preseason and we were all sure that if the Broncos just came out of that game healthy it would be awesome. Because we had no chance against the juggernaut that was the Bears. Now, it looks like the wheels are completely off, excuses abound for baby jay and the bears are commonly viewed as weak in every area. What the hell happened? Did cutler take these people down by himself?

KS Bronco
11-08-2009, 12:58 PM
my schaudenfreude ass LOVES IT!

oubronco
11-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Popps for one who is always bitching about others talking about cutler you sure do have something for him are you sure your not gay for jay?

R8R H8R
11-08-2009, 01:12 PM
What the hell happened in Chicago? SI saw them as a Super Bowl team in the preseason, and virtually all of the pronosticators picked either them or Minnesota to pick the division. They were viewed as a very good team by everyone. They came to Denver in game three of the preseason and we were all sure that if the Broncos just came out of that game healthy it would be awesome. Because we had no chance against the juggernaut that was the Bears. Now, it looks like the wheels are completely off, excuses abound for baby jay and the bears are commonly viewed as weak in every area. What the hell happened? Did cutler take these people down by himself?

To be fair, no he didn't. However, he did have a hand in it. The media convinced themselves and the rest of the world that jay is a franchise qb. When you repeat things over 20 times a day, eventually people will believe it.

But franchise qb's make teams better, not worse. cutler has never made a team significantly better, not here and not in chicago. The Broncos are significantly better this year, and the Bears seemed much better last year with Orton. The coach and the rest of the team will get the blame, but cutler is just as much to blame as everyone else. Redzone int.'s and carelessness don't make the team better.

Popps
11-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Popps for one who is always b****ing about others talking about cutler you sure do have something for him are you sure your not gay for jay?

Huh?

I think it's great. Great comedy.

The only "bitching" you heard from me was how the Jay-Gays talked about him non-stop, and then suddenly... it's not cool to talk about him anymore?

Sorry this isn't working out for you, boss.

:welcome:

Popps
11-08-2009, 01:50 PM
And there's the expected INT with the game on the line.

Put the QOTF in!!!

errand
11-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Funny comment on www.NFL.com...

"If you want a chance to win games, give it to Cutler. When you actually want to win games, give it to Orton"

oubronco
11-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Huh?

I think it's great. Great comedy.

The only "b****ing" you heard from me was how the Jay-Gays talked about him non-stop, and then suddenly... it's not cool to talk about him anymore?

Sorry this isn't working out for you, boss.

:welcome:

sorry for what i'm on record as saying "he's gone so move on" unlike some can't, by the way how old are you?

Sassy
11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Funny comment on www.NFL.com...

"If you want a chance to win games, give it to Cutler. When you actually want to win games, give it to Orton"

who said that?

bpc
11-08-2009, 02:19 PM
ha ha. Jay's gonna be fine. Not many people could win with the terrible OL he has. Similar to two years ago with Denver when Pears and Lepsis were getting Jay killed.

Kaylore
11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Jay is as good as he's going to be. He'll never be better than he is. That interception he threw was not a result of him being under duress. He just made a bad throw. We got great value for the type of QB he is/will be.

Bronx33
11-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I really think jays problen is a piss poor defense and no run game and no WR so the question is with all those holes to fill can the bears even come close to addressing all those problems and be competitive next season? the bears IMO are years off and thats if they even do it right.

bombay
11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Jay is as good as he's going to be. He'll never be better than he is. That interception he threw was not a result of him being under duress. He just made a bad throw. We got great value for the type of QB he is/will be.

Yep. He's 4 years in. His athleticism is at it's peak, and mentally he hasn't improved with the experience he's gotten. Jay George-like.

broncocalijohn
11-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I really think jays problen is a piss poor defense and no run game and no WR so the question is with all those holes to fill can the bears even come close to addressing all those problems and be competitive next season? the bears IMO are years off and thats if they even do it right.

As long as Jay's not happy with it, Im happy with it. He wanted out, he got his trade, seemed happy with the Bears getting him and he is struggling to be a .500 QB. What more is there not to love? Regardless of what other weaknesses the Bears have, the fact remains he thinks he can lead any team to the promise land and the expectations were so high that he could do just that from the media and the fans. Sure it isnt all on Jay but that wont matter in Chicago. He was their savior and instead he is more like Pontious Pilate during any 4th quarter drive.

Popps
11-08-2009, 05:01 PM
ha ha. Jay's gonna be fine. Not many people could win with the terrible OL he has. Similar to two years ago with Denver when Pears and Lepsis were getting Jay killed.

Yea, let's be honest, though... he had one of the best lines in football last year, and great receiving weapons and still was 2nd in the league at handing the ball to the other team.

I guess that's why he's a career loser.

Maybe some day he'll be on a team that's talented enough to hide all of his flaws.

Popps
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM

It's interesting, because I'm not hearing "franchise" anymore. (Which many of us explained to people during the offseason.)

Now I'm hearing... "He needs a great line, great receivers and a great defense."

In other words, he's like any other QB in the league. He's basically Kyle Orton with a stronger arm and a weaker brain.

Franchise, my ass. Manning is a franchise QB. Elway was a franchise QB. Steve Young... etc. Cutler is a big-armed guy with mechanical flaws and questionable intangibles.

BroncoDoug
11-08-2009, 05:22 PM
It's interesting, because I'm not hearing "franchise" anymore. (Which many of us explained to people during the offseason.)

Now I'm hearing... "He needs a great line, great receivers and a great defense."

In other words, he's like any other QB in the league. He's basically Kyle Orton with a stronger arm and a weaker brain.

Franchise, my ass. Manning is a franchise QB. Elway was a franchise QB. Steve Young... etc. Cutler is a big-armed guy with mechanical flaws and questionable intangibles.

yeah, I laughed when in the beggining of the game Joe Buck said "The Bears and their Franchise Quarterback Jay Cutler, take on the Cardinals....etc.."

azbroncfan
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
The bears got a competitive game from their franchise QB. It was 34-7 in second half before the typical Jay padded his stats.

rastaman
11-08-2009, 09:30 PM
As long as Jay's not happy with it, Im happy with it. He wanted out, he got his trade, seemed happy with the Bears getting him and he is struggling to be a .500 QB. What more is there not to love? Regardless of what other weaknesses the Bears have, the fact remains he thinks he can lead any team to the promise land and the expectations were so high that he could do just that from the media and the fans. Sure it isnt all on Jay but that wont matter in Chicago. He was their savior and instead he is more like Pontious Pilate during any 4th quarter drive.

Meh! Cutler only wanted out of Denver after McDaniels quit lying and fessed up to Cutler that he did indeed tried to trade Cutler for Cassel. Once McD revealed to Cutler that he couldn't be sure whether Cutler was in Broncos future plans to run McD's NE offensive scheme(s) all bets were off.

Hence, McD's attempt to trade Cutler for Cassel. The rest is history.....and a trade was demanded by Cutler.

If McD was unsure whether he wanted Cutler, entertained the possibility of trading Cutler for Cassel, and McD couldn't guarantee he wouldn't seek future trades involving Cutler......why shouldn't Cutler seek/demand a trade on his own behalf?

Point is, McD was making a business decision with possible trading Cutler for Cassel and McD made it known to Cutler that due to the best interest of the Broncos.....he couldn't guarantee Jay that he would continue to look into trading Cutler in the future.

So Cutler made a business decision and couldn't promise McD that he wanted to remain in Denver as well.....and seeked/demanded trade.

rastaman
11-08-2009, 09:32 PM
The bears got a competitive game from their franchise QB. It was 34-7 in second half before the typical Jay padded his stats.

Yeah I know! Too bad Cutler couldn't have played on the defensive side of the ball to rush the Qb and play in the secondary some today.

Once Cutler learns how to block for himself when his O line isn't getting done, the Bears will finally start winning some games.

broncocalijohn
11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
LOL! He is still fighting the wrong fight. Rasta, I am proud to say that we hardly ever agree on any topic that has a fierce battle of opinions.

rastaman
11-08-2009, 09:39 PM
LOL! He is still fighting the wrong fight. Rasta, I am proud to say that we hardly ever agree on any topic that has a fierce battle of opinions.

Cutler and McDaniels were never meant to play on the same team. Sometimes destiny has a funny way of working thhings out. I think both McD and Cutler will be successful down the road.:sunshine:

broncocalijohn
11-08-2009, 09:44 PM
if it is destiny and we are better for it, then i will take it as I pretty much have after the shock wore off.

azbroncfan
11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah I know! Too bad Cutler couldn't have played on the defensive side of the ball to rush the Qb and play in the secondary some today.

Once Cutler learns how to block for himself when his O line isn't getting done, the Bears will finally start winning some games.

Excuses excuses. Same thing everyone did here in Denver. He didn't win with one of the best OL's here and WR's so throw that out the window. How come he didn't lead his offense to more than 7 pts when it counted? Take his dink out of his mouth and now make an excuse for the loser Rasta.

Popps
11-08-2009, 11:24 PM

Yea, as soon as Cutler doesn't have to do anything out of the ordinary, he might stop pissing away the ball 3 times a game.

Sounds good. Like I said, he's basically Kyle Orton with a stronger arm and no brain.

Or, Rex Grossman with a different jersey number.

errand
11-09-2009, 06:17 AM
I think both McD and Cutler will be successful down the road.:sunshine:

too bad for you, only one of them is....

errand
11-09-2009, 06:20 AM
he's basically Kyle Orton with a stronger arm and no brain.

...well, if he won games. Then he'd be Kyle orton with a stronger arm. right now he's a poor man's Jake Delhomme

BroncoInferno
11-09-2009, 07:38 AM
...well, if he won games. Then he'd be Kyle orton with a stronger arm. right now he's a poor man's Jake Delhomme

That's not really fair...to Delhomme. He's actually won division titles and playoff games and had a MVP caliber performance in a losing effort in a Super Bowl.

tsiguy96
11-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Cutler and McDaniels were never meant to play on the same team. Sometimes destiny has a funny way of working thhings out. I think both McD and Cutler will be successful down the road.:sunshine:

but just 4 months ago, mcdaniels was a blubbering idiot who will never win games or be successful in the league, and cutler was the best QB this league has ever, ever seen....

Popps
11-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Put 'em in!!!

http://www.chicagobears.com/userfiles/image/default/Hanie2_inside083008.jpg

BroncoBuff
11-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Put 'em in!!!

http://www.chicagobears.com/userfiles/image/default/Hanie2_inside083008.jpg

Not gonna happen there, Einstein.

Cutler is the least of the Bears' worries.

Florida_Bronco
11-12-2009, 07:57 PM

I don't know. He's looked marginal at best lately.

Dedhed
11-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Wait, I thought the franchise QB made the Bears the immediate favorite to twin the division. What happened?

Other than a dozen INTs of course.

DomCasual
11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Man, he's getting worse. That was like bad Jake Plummer.

Popps
11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't know. He's looked marginal at best lately.

Marginal would be a huge upgrade.

Which is why I'm saying....

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/90111352.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0CCC440A125ECB0C0 8391A201F343CE318E6315BC9EEB8C2AE30A760B0D811297

BroncoBuff
11-12-2009, 08:11 PM
My bad, didn't even know the game was on.

3 ints by Cutler.... maybe I spoke too soon. He might be their biggest problem.

errand
11-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm thinking some team is gonna draft a QB this coming year....too bad they won't be able to use a high !st rounder to do it though.....

Williams
11-12-2009, 08:35 PM
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1906298.aspx

...awesome

LRtagger
11-12-2009, 08:38 PM
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/1906298.aspx

...awesome

LMAO first reply is an excuse.

LRtagger
11-12-2009, 08:41 PM
well **** i guess all the replies were excuses Hilarious!

Popps
11-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Fuggin' hysterical.