PDA

View Full Version : Was Marshall dogging it today?

jhat01
09-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Maybe it's me, but at times he seemed like he wasn't interested. I guess the tape will tell, but that was my impression. What say you?

oubronco
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
He was probably hoping Orton didn't throw his way so he could keep his head on his shoulders

Bronx33
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
He did not look in game shape today that's probaly what you were seeing ( as did i)

jhat01
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM
He did not look in game shape today that's probaly what you were seeing ( as did i)

you're probably right..didn't look quick at all. Hopefully it will come.

Clockwork Orange
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM
No, he wasn't. If he was, he'd have been out of the game long before the 4th quarter rolled around. If he was, he wouldn't have taken that shot to hang on to the ball on the pass Orton led him on over the middle.

He looked rusty and out of sorts, but I don't believe he was tanking it out there.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-13-2009, 03:16 PM
He was a poor man's Darius Watts today. All the ability to drop passes, minus the ability to get separation.

Bronx33
09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
He was a poor man's Darius Watts today. All the ability to drop passes, minus the ability to get separation.

Funny shyt! watts will never live it down around here.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Is it just me, or were they forcing it to Brandon? He had more touches than Royal and Hillis combined ...???

DarkHorse30
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
yes he looked like he was dogging it.

R8R H8R
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
He was probably hoping Orton didn't throw his way so he could keep his head on his shoulders

If true, then he should sit his ass down, and let the real men play (like Stokley).

footstepsfrom#27
He looked out of shape but I can't say if he was dogging it or not.

Dr. Broncenstein
Is it just me, or were they forcing it to Brandon? He had more touches than Royal and Hillis combined ...???

Cincy rolled coverage to Royal and stacked the box... Daring Orton to beat them with his "arm" and his "reciever" Marshall. It was a sound plan.

Popps
Dogging it is a gentle way of putting it.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it was purposeful... but man, that's about as close as you can come.

His body language was screaming "I don't give a ****."

RunSilentRunDeep
09-13-2009, 03:24 PM
He lead the team in receptions, what does that say about everyone else's effort? New offense, very little training camp, no preseason action. Let's wait till his head stops spinning before trying to determine whether he's dogging it or not.

KevinJames
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I think he was decent, hes just clearly not in shape.

KipCorrington25
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Actually he played pretty much like he practices, batting balls down.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
He lead the team in receptions, what does that say about everyone else's effort? New offense, very little training camp, no preseason action. Let's wait till his head stops spinning before trying to determine whether he's dogging it or not.

I really think they were forcing it his way .... I just don't know why?

He dropped like two or three balls, and they STILL kept going his way.

I really hope Hillis and Royal get a lot more touches next week .... and btw, was Graham awesome? If Kyle is tentative and not too strong an arm, why not got to Graham 5 times every game? Safe target, great on 3rd downs.

Bronx33
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
But for being not in game shape he did ok i will admit.

jhat01
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM

i'll buy that I guess. So you think he played hard then? He made a tough catch over the middle, yes, but when my wife notices his body language..that's something....

Like I said before, maybe it's because he's not in shape yet

crush17
09-13-2009, 03:30 PM
he should have dove for that 2 pt conversion, yes, I do believe he was dogging it.

meangene
09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think he was dogging it - out of shape, out of sync, a little lost on offense at times but what can you expect? Really, I think people are being a little hard on the offense. We had two key guys playing (Marshall, Moreno) who, basically missed preseason. We had several key guys playing at less than 100% (Gaffney, Moreno, Orton, Hamilton) and played without Kuper. Give these guys a little time to get healthy and get in sync and I think we are going to be ok on offense.

Bronx33
09-13-2009, 03:33 PM
he should have dove for that 2 pt conversion, yes, I do believe he was dogging it.

I know what you are saying but the station never really gave me an angle to tell me he had a shot at it but i did see he let up.

elsid13
09-13-2009, 03:34 PM
He wasn't dogging it. His timing was off and didn't help that offense didn't get in rhythm to get Marshall or Royal into the games

Drek
09-13-2009, 03:51 PM

Of course, Marshall should be our game breaker. He's too powerful to not want to get the ball in his hands.

He didn't look up to game speed today though. Neither did Moreno for that matter. Both should have been given lesser roles in today's offensive game plan.

For McDaniels though he needed to go to Marshall at least a fair bit. One, it helps show Marshall that there is no ill will. Two, it shows the same to the rest of the league, so teams will need to respect Marshall as a threat and not just assume he's in the dog house. I don't like when (in a lot of clutch situations) but how often? No problems with that.

I don't have even a slight notion that he was dogging it though. Just looked unprepared and as a result not as aggressive as he was last year.

Here's a thought though. Why not give Marshall a new incentive this year. For every catch he makes McDaniels hands him a crisp Benjamin on the sideline. A performance bonus if you will. Marshall seems to work on that kind of level, where the cash in hand will light a serious fire under his ass. ;D

UberBroncoMan
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
On the 2 point conversion I thought I was watching the practice video again... no hustle, or drive to get the ball... just jogged towards it.

Other than that?

He looked rusty as hell.

27atwater
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
When that pass went thru his hands, part of me thought it was intentional...til he started looking at the replay. Then he caught some key balls late. Let's be honest, dude has dropped a ball or 2 in his day. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt til he gets in shape and knows the plays better.

ZONA
09-13-2009, 04:03 PM
When that pass went thru his hands, part of me thought it was intentional...til he started looking at the replay. Then he caught some key balls late. Let's be honest, dude has dropped a ball or 2 in his day. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt til he gets in shape and knows the plays better.

exactly, and it wasn't like it was the easiest of catches. It's always hard when you are running full speed and you beat the guy and the QB sails it up high and short and you have to almost completely stop and try to time that jump, and then having 2 defenders right there jumping with you.

SoCalBronco
09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Here's a thought though. Why not give Marshall a new incentive this year. For every catch he makes McDaniels hands him a crisp Benjamin on the sideline. A performance bonus if you will. Marshall seems to work on that kind of level, where the cash in hand will light a serious fire under his ass. ;D

Yes....100 dollars a catch is the type of performance bonus that will really make a difference with a guy that wants 20-25 million in guaranteed money.

maher_tyler
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM

It wasn't that great of a thrown ball...right now i think its a timing thing..how much has he actually practiced with the team? Top that that off with him most likely not being in game shape.

Popps
09-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes....100 dollars a catch is the type of performance bonus that will really make a difference with a guy that wants 20-25 million in guaranteed money.

Brandon made great strides today to ensure no team gives him that kind of money.

Big-time receivers make that long catch today.... not to mention his other drops.

He was a stain on an otherwise great day for the team.

rastaman
09-13-2009, 04:45 PM
you're probably right..didn't look quick at all. Hopefully it will come.

Make his Wallet-Bank Account Bigger......and watch how quick he gets! ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Anyone else see him laughing it up on the sidelines? How do you think Hines Ward would handle such a performance? I think he'd be inconsolable... but he's a professional who takes pride in his craft and overall team performance.

want2bAbronco2
09-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Thats what happens when you skipp/suspend for all training camp/preseason. He hasnt played in a game since last year. Everytime someone holds out of preseason they suck the first few games until they are in game shape.

rastaman
09-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Brandon made great strides today to ensure no team gives him that kind of money.

Big-time receivers make that long catch today.... not to mention his other drops.

He was a stain on an otherwise great day for the team.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Brandon will make the money thru longevity and staying injury free. He'll put up great stats again when he has a Pro Bowl caliber QB throwing him the ball and he's on team surrounded by talent.

Chances are, Marshall will perform inconsistently as Orton will perform inconcistently this year. :peace:

rastaman
09-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Thats what happens when you skipp/suspend for all training camp/preseason. He hasnt played in a game since last year. Everytime someone holds out of preseason they suck the first few games until they are in game shape.

Popps is clueless and bias. Orton has played as if he's skipped/suspended for all training camp/preseason and Popps has said nothing about how lousy Orton has played thus far.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Popps is clueless and bias. Orton has played as if he's skipped/suspended for all training camp/preseason and Popps has said nothing about how lousy Orton has played thus far.

Ironic troll is ironic.

jhat01
09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Couldn't disagree with you more. Brandon will make the money thru longevity and staying injury free. He'll put up great stats again when he has a Pro Bowl caliber QB throwing him the ball and he's on team surrounded by talent.
Chances are, Marshall will perform inconsistently as Orton will perform inconcistently this year. :peace:

gotta call bull on that one...Ask Calvin Johnson how he does it. I'll agree that pro bowl qb's certainly don't hurt, but great wideouts get it done regardless.

bronco0608
09-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Ironic troll is ironic.

:spit:

rastaman
09-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Dogging it is a gentle way of putting it.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it was purposeful... but man, that's about as close as you can come.

His body language was screaming "I don't give a ****."

Come on Popps.....Did I not tell you Brandon will play like a 4th round talent! Besides, Bmarsh has a backup journeyman QB throwing him the ball as well!

Face it dude its going to be a long season for Bmarsh and Orton. Bmarsh ain't going to risk injuries to catch Orton's lousy passes; especially if some of those passes are hanging him out to dry.

Remember, Marshall didn't put up the stats he did in 07 and 08 with Orton throwing him the ball. :sunshine:

Popps
09-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Ironic troll is ironic.

Hilarious!

Popps
09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
gotta call bull on that one...Ask Calvin Johnson how he does it. I'll agree that pro bowl qb's certainly don't hurt, but great wideouts get it done regardless.

/thread.

rastaman
09-13-2009, 05:05 PM

Agreed. The jury is still out whether Marshall is a great WR.....so the question I still ask is how can the Broncos demand a 1st and 4th round pick for him? Its even questionable whether it would make any sense to franchise tag him in the future. Its going to be a hard sell thats for sure. Lastly, the stats and performances Brandon achieved in 07 and 08 was not done with a QB of Ortons claiber of talent.

rastaman
09-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Hilarious!

Hi Popps nice to see at your anti-Brandon Marshall mood. :strong:

jhat01
09-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Agreed. The jury is still out whether Marshall is a great WR.....so the question I still ask is how can the Broncos demand a 1st and 4th round pick for him? Its even questionable whether it would make any sense to franchise tag him in the future. Its going to be a hard sell thats for sure. Lastly, the stats and performances Brandon achieved in 07 and 08 was not done with a QB of Ortons claiber of talent.

True enough..I hope he's a great one. We need it.

NYBronco
09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes, Marshall is dogging it.

He let that 50 yard pass from Orton's stitched and gloved passing hand sail through his own hands. A pass more than catchable.

Popps
09-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi Popps nice to see at your anti-Brandon Marshall mood. :strong:

Look, man... I'd like to see Brandon turn it around. I never root against Broncos. But, the guy just repeatedly steps in **** at every turn. If he's not screwing up off-field, he's screwing up at practice... and now he's dropping key passes and moping around out there on the field.

Why SHOULD Broncos fans be begging this guy to care, at this point? People are fed up. Brandon needs to show US that he's worthy, not the other way around.

Broncos fans have every reason to be in an "anti-Brandon" mood, and today did nothing to change that.

Drek
09-13-2009, 05:37 PM

1. I was joking.

2. He seems like the kind of guy who likes instant gratification. $100 isn't **** to him or the organization. Another 100 catch year and that only adds up to $10,000. Its the symbol of it though. 'Nother $100 in the bank, earning it one catch at a time.

He'll get his big fat deal somewhere, very possibly here. But he's shown a very short sighted view of his own future in the last few years, especially the last few months. Maybe some form of small, short term positive reinforcement would be good for him.

Garcia Bronco
09-13-2009, 05:55 PM
It's his first game in a long while. There are going to be various issues with his game. I realize he's made some mistakes but I doubt he would throw a game or not try to win.

baja
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM

Good than get him in game shape and trade his ass if he's not on board with this team.

Hogan11
09-13-2009, 09:38 PM
He did not look very good or very into it.....and that's being kind.

I'll give him another week, if he looks like that against Cleveland, then I'll call for his head.

zdoor
09-13-2009, 10:01 PM
He did not look very good or very into it.....and that's being kind.

I'll give him another week, if he looks like that against Cleveland, then I'll call for his head.

me too...

Popps
09-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Marshall is clearly a guy who's emotions direct his actions, almost solely. His brain rarely seems to get involved.

He's pouty and it's obvious. Is he bright enough to realize that he's only hurting his cause by half-assing it like this?

Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.

McDman
09-13-2009, 10:59 PM

Hahahaha! I still feel bad for Darius, it wasn't his fault his hand was all messed up.

BroncoMan4ever
09-13-2009, 11:00 PM

my god, i flipped out on the deep ball Orton put almost perfectly for him that he let go right through his hands. but that **** is going to happen at least a couple more weeks until he gets back into game shape.

WABronco
09-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Not the previous years' Marshall.

Popps
09-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Wonder if any local Denver writers will bring this up. It seemed pretty obvious.

boppool
09-14-2009, 03:12 AM
He could've definately helped us in punting today...
Did you see him punting the ball away from a ballboy?

WolfpackGuy
09-14-2009, 04:05 AM
The one accurate pass Orton threw went right through his hands.
I think it caught him off guard.