PDA

View Full Version : For the first time Ever. Denver won a game because of how horrible their QB was

lostknight
09-13-2009, 03:55 PM
For the first time ever, Denver just won a game because of how horrible their quarterback was.

I really hope this game proves the lie to all of the Orangemaner's who think that system and stability trump talent. Orton's quarterback rating for this game was a even 100. Yet he was a disaster all night. Consistently led his receivers into opposing players, under-threw the ball, and led his receivers into the ground. The good news is that he was so God Aweful that the opposing DB's were camped on the route, allowing for the miracle pick. Orton was so bad, we won.

If this game is anything to go by - Denver needs a Offensive Coordinator bad.

The defense on the other hand was everything that was promised by Mike Nolan. The play calling - on everything except the last drive - was brilliant, and Alphonso Smith really stepped his game up big time. Champ was huge - no small thanks to (1/85)th for trolling him so much. DJ was all over the field - albeit without some of the explosiveness he showed.

In short, we have a team that just behaved exactly like they did in pre-season. I still think - and there was not one iota of statistical validation otherwise - that until we have a QB that can throw it down the field, we are in serious serious trouble.

listopencil
09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
It is kind of funny. It looked like the only reason the ball ended up in Stokely's hands was because Orton couldn't make that throw.

R8R H8R
09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
It is kind of funny. It looked like the only reason the ball ended up in Stokely's hands was because Orton couldn't make that throw.

Glass half-empty today huh?

Here's a news flash: the ball ended up in Stokely's hands because the defender tipped it up, and he and 2 other bungles fell down- out of the play w/ Marshall.

Dedhed
09-13-2009, 04:33 PM
1-0

lostknight
09-13-2009, 04:43 PM
1-0's have a way of being 4-11's awfully fast. We certainly did not play well enough to deserve today's win. And when you don't deserve to win against the Bengals, something is really really wrong.

AboveAverage
09-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Why so down buddy? In a few hours the Bears game will be on for ya, cheer up.

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 04:44 PM
The Bengals didnt play well enough to deserve to win either.

So there.

27atwater
09-13-2009, 04:45 PM
isn't a 100 rating above the league average?

scorpio
09-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Chiefsplanet is happier with their loss than some of us are with our win.

:welcome:

R8R H8R
09-13-2009, 05:03 PM

What is so sad is that you are probably right.

Mr.Meanie
09-13-2009, 05:06 PM
suck it, haters

Hulamau
09-13-2009, 05:08 PM
For the first time ever, Denver just won a game because of how horrible their quarterback was.

I really hope this game proves the lie to all of the Orangemaner's who think that system and stability trump talent. Orton's quarterback rating for this game was a even 100. Yet he was a disaster all night. Consistently led his receivers into opposing players, under-threw the ball, and led his receivers into the ground. The good news is that he was so God Aweful that the opposing DB's were camped on the route, allowing for the miracle pick. Orton was so bad, we won.

The defense on the other hand was everything that was promised by Mike Nolan. The play calling - on everything except the last drive - was brilliant, and Alphonso Smith really stepped his game up big time. Champ was huge - no small thanks to (1/85)th for trolling him so much. DJ was all over the field - albeit without some of the explosiveness he showed.

In short, we have a team that just behaved exactly like they did in pre-season. I still think - and there was not one iota of statistical validation otherwise - that until we have a QB that can throw it down the field, we are in serious serious trouble.

Get a life 'Lost Knight and Day' ....

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Why so down buddy? In a few hours the Bears game will be on for ya, cheer up.
Hahaha ... gotta admit though, it'll be fun to watch him.

Alec is right, neither team deserved it.

Wes Mantooth
09-13-2009, 05:56 PM
its week 1. Just about everyone sucks. Get over it. Orton will be better.

NYBronco
09-13-2009, 06:18 PM

Here's a news flash: the ball ended up in Stokely's hands because the defender tipped it up, and he and 2 other bungles fell down- out of the play w/ Marshall.

Some things really do need to be clearly explained around here. Stick figures may be the next attempt at understanding the obvious.

cdabroncofan
09-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Did you see all the passes the reciever's missed? Not all Orton fault.

lex
09-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Yes, the kind of pass only made by a highly skilled QB.

R8R H8R
09-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Some things really do need to be clearly explained around here. Stick figures may be the next attempt at understanding the obvious.

:rofl:

Jason in LA
09-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Orton's quarterback rating for this game was a even 100.

If that ball falls incomplete then Orton's rating is 72. Funny what one lucky play can do. It gives the team a win and shines up the QB's stats really good.

UberBroncoMan
09-13-2009, 06:44 PM
What is so sad is that you are probably right.

They don't really have a reason to have expectations about certain things like their defense.

We on the other hand expect a phenomenal offense with the players on that side of the ball and a HC who "lead" the record breaking Pats offense.

Not the monstrosity we saw today that was carried by dropped balls and a full hearted effort by our defense.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Did you see all the passes the reciever's missed? Not all Orton fault.

That's true, but that's not why he sucked. ... they didn't drop many in preseason, and yet he managed just 1 TD in 7 quarters.

He just does NOT produce points. ???

R8R H8R
09-13-2009, 07:05 PM
They don't really have a reason to have expectations about certain things like their defense.

We on the other hand expect a phenomenal offense with the players on that side of the ball and a HC who "lead" the record breaking Pats offense.

Not the monstrosity we saw today that was carried by dropped balls and a full hearted effort by our defense.

If that's what you expect the 1st week, or 1st year for that matter, in a new system- new everything, then your expectations are beyond unrealistic, they are fantasy.

Popps
09-13-2009, 07:08 PM

I told you all last night this place would be spammed with anti-Broncos threads like this if we won.

No amount of winning is going to appease these queers.

But, if you think it's bad now... wait until we lose. The server won't survive.
You'll see hundreds of celebratory threads from these widow schmucks.

TheReverend
09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I told you all last night this place would be spammed with anti-Broncos threads like this if we won.

Eh. I'm discouraged by a lot of what we saw. Honestly, I thought our O looked sharper in the pre-season throwing 3 picks in a half.

Defensively, I'll be happy if we can replicate a good performance vs Cleveland. Two teams with issues, but I'll have seen enough to patch opinion together and be happy.

mwill07
09-13-2009, 07:15 PM
doesn't Orton have some sort of major laceration on his finger? I wonder how much that effected him.

Dedhed
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
1-0's have a way of being 4-11's awfully fast. We certainly did not play well enough to deserve today's win. And when you don't deserve to win against the Bengals, something is really really wrong.

Actually it would take at least 14 weeks for that to happen, and I'm sure you'll you'll be pulling for it each week until week 5 when we get our 5th win. Then you'll be saying 5-0 turns into 5-10 awfully quick because you're a sad pessimistic moron who thinks there are only 15 games in a season.

listopencil
09-13-2009, 07:42 PM

Blind much?

Here's a news flash for you, dumbass: That ball was poorly thrown. The defender shouldn't have been able to get a hand on it. As I said. Homer on fool.

Dedhed
09-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Blind much?

Here's a news flash for you, dumbass: That ball was poorly thrown. The defender shouldn't have been able to get a hand on it. As I said. Homer on fool.

Ahh, and the Cutler fan boys will lament regardless of the wins. Hate on brother. Hate on.

listopencil
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM

Maybe so, for the dumb ****s that want to be proven right with a Bronco loss, but the Chiefs fans are probably happy about their team looking half way decent.

I'm stoked about our D. It's miles ahead of the **** I've us cart out on the field for a few years now. The first coherent sentence that out of my mouth after the game was,"A win is a win." Of course that came after a lot of giddy laughter and profanity. But our O really does look pathetic. I mean it looks horrible like we are barely going to win four or five games this year. It's disgusting.

listopencil
09-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Ahh, and the Cutler fan boys will lament regardless of the wins. Hate on brother. Hate on.

Cutler fan boy? What are you, retarded? This has nothing to do with Cutler. If you can't see how poorly Orton is playing, you really should switch to another sport because you have no clue and you have no hope of getting one.

Popps
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Maybe so, for the dumb ****s that want to be proven right with a Bronco loss, but the Chiefs fans are probably happy about their team looking half way decent.

I'm stoked about our D. It's miles ahead of the **** I've us cart out on the field for a few years now. The first coherent sentence that out of my mouth after the game was,"A win is a win." Of course that came after a lot of giddy laughter and profanity. But our O really does look pathetic. I mean it looks horrible like we are barely going to win four or five games this year. It's disgusting.

The O certainly has a way to go, no doubt. But, again... I'd expect a little learning curve, no matter who was at QB right now. To me, we get more of an idea where we are in a few weeks.

I think we had a few dropped passes today that would have helped our cause, as well.

Give it a little time.

UboBronco
09-13-2009, 07:52 PM

So, Farve is a terrible QB also, since he won a game on a Monday night, where the Viking DB tipped the ball, and Antonio Freeman caught it in overtime while lying on the ground, got up and scored.. Yep, Luck only applies to those we chose to ordain.

The play happened, and YES, it did save us, however, the Broncos had the game won without one holding penalty.... So lets be OBJECTIVE about EVERYTHING, and not just one play. I for one, was encouraged by the defensive improvement, as in the first half I had the feeling, oh no, here it goes again... Things happen is sports, so lets just hope that this helps us grow as a team, and improve, as a TEAM...

And yes, GO Packers, beat the Bears.....

wolverine
09-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Nah, the Orton tipped-pass play was scripted. McD said we'd see some things on offense that hadn't been seen before ... We all just saw one. Pure genius.

R8R H8R
09-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Blind much?

Hey genius, you wanna see poorly thrown balls? Watch the bears game. They have a qb over there that has thrown 3 int.'s in the 1st half. One cost them a td.

listopencil
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM
The O certainly has a way to go, no doubt. But, again... I'd expect a little learning curve, no matter who was at QB right now. To me, we get more of an idea where we are in a few weeks.

I think we had a few dropped passes today that would have helped our cause, as well.

Give it a little time.

I know, and Defenses are usually ahead of Offenses at the beginning of the year...but man. This is rough.

Dedhed
09-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Cutler fan boy? What are you, retarded? This has nothing to do with Cutler. If you can't see how poorly Orton is playing, you really should switch to another sport because you have no clue and you have no hope of getting one.Where, exactly did I say that Orton wasn't playing poorly? I'm just saying he's never played poorly enough to lose a game in a Broncos uniform.

listopencil
09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey genius, you wanna see poorly thrown balls? Watch the bears game. They have a qb over there that has thrown 3 int.'s in the 1st half. One cost them a td.

Heh, I know dip****. I love watching Cutler throw costly INT's for somebody else's team. It's a wonderful thing. Classic Cutler.

listopencil
09-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Where, exactly did I say that Orton wasn't playing poorly? I'm just saying he's never played poorly enough to lose a game in a Broncos uniform.

He sure as hell tried today, and I sure as hell am not a "Cutler Fanboy".

Dedhed
09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
He sure as hell tried today, and I sure as hell am not a "Cutler Fanboy".
Well, you keep holding your breath for McD to fail, and I'll enjoy leading the division.

listopencil
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Nah, the Orton tipped-pass play was scripted. McD said we'd see some things on offense that hadn't been seen before ... We all just saw one. Pure genius.

KingNeckbeard Me and Stokely been working on that play all offseason! Its called "just the tip"- But we usually only use it on the skanks. 1-0 COCKFAGS

http://twitter.com/KingNeckbeard

listopencil
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Well, you keep holding your breath for McD to fail, and I'll enjoy leading the division.

You keep making up stupid **** and living in your fantasy world, dumbass. And I'll keep enjoying my Broncos for another 30 something years.

cdabroncofan
09-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Guys relax, the last time l checked Indy only got 14 pts and Pitts got 13 this weekend.

Atwater His Ass
09-13-2009, 09:40 PM

week 1