PDA

View Full Version : Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popps
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Congrats to the 2009/10 Broncos on their first win!

Pretty? No.

A "W?"

Absolutely.

Talk about a team that had a lucky break coming its way

:thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Popps
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I just went from the verge of tears to the verge of tears.

Holy ****!

frerottenextelway
09-13-2009, 01:05 PM
One of the best finishes ever.

Gcver2ver3
09-13-2009, 01:05 PM
i'm in disbelief...

better lucky than good i guess...

Popps
09-13-2009, 01:06 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia2.msnbc.com/j/getty/gyi0051010642.widec.jpg

Meck77
09-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok we only need to or three more wins to meet most of the Omaners expectations on the season....lol

Hercules Rockefeller
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Just awesome

broncofan
09-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Wow...incredible finish.

MplsBronco
09-13-2009, 01:08 PM
This team deserves some good luck. This type of game can be a catalyst for good things. Can't wait till next week.

Rohirrim
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Orton just figures out a way to win...

:rofl:

Clockwork Orange
Did that just happen!?! Are you effing kidding me?!?

Bengal fans get the cockpunch that was intended for us. :)

broncosteven
I am happy for the win, If Orton doesn't take the sack and we get the FG it is a better team win than the fluke tip return.

But a win is a win. And I am glad.

Kid A
09-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Woooo!

BroncoBuff
Orton sucks, but WOW!

theAPAOps5
Orton just figures out a way to win...

:rofl:

Probably the best quote of the freaking year. He planned all along to underthrow and have the D tip it to Stokely! :spit:

cousinal11
09-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Unreal, I'm in shock.

Popps
You know, earlier in this game... I was singing Stoke's praises here at the house. He hadn't done anything spectacular, but he was just playing hard... and you just know this guy cares so much about winning.

In direct contrast to Marshall jogging around out there, Stoke was busting his ass... pumping guys up... jawing with the other team, and just being a great leader.

It couldn't be more fitting that he was given a gift like that, and then made the best of it to win the game.

Love that guy.

Mr.Meanie
incredible

go_broncos
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM
It is one of the best finishes i have seen and i am glad we are on right end of it..

LordHelmchen
just wow... I'm totally perplexed ;D
but, didn't we have too many men on the field? Celebrating Broncos running into the field?
anyone remember the punt return by Darrent against the Chargers that was called back because of this?

Seamus
Plus three sacks for the D.

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 01:13 PM
The offensive line screwed us on that last drive. Were it not for them, we wouldnt have been in a position to take a sack on 3rd and long anyway and we win that freaking game.

We deserved to win that game, and we did even if it was on a lucky break.

My heart is still racing!

Sodak
Lucky as Hell. Pure luck, and Orton SUCKS!!!

Rohirrim
Probably the best quote of the freaking year. He planned all along to underthrow and have the D tip it to Stokely! :spit:

Obviously, that came straight out of McD's playbook.

Gcver2ver3
09-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I am happy for the win, If Orton doesn't take the sack and we get the FG it is a better team win than the fluke tip return.

But a win is a win. And I am glad.

i don't think so...

Orton has to get outside the tackle box first and he's too slow and had no way of getting there...

the holding penalty before the sack is the real issue...

Gcver2ver3
09-13-2009, 01:15 PM
let's remove the MF from JW and add it to Stokley's name...it's more deserving...

BMFS!!!...

Punisher
09-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Talk about a roller coaster ride

TonyR
09-13-2009, 01:17 PM
The offensive line screwed us on that last drive. Were it not for them, we wouldnt have been in a position to take a sack on 3rd and long anyway and we win that freaking game.

Yep. Orton was bad but he doesn't deserve the blame for that drive. Three O-line penalties on one drive is unacceptable.

Punisher
i don't think so...

Orton has to get outside the tackle box first and he's too slow and had no way of getting there...

the holding penalty before the sack is the real issue...

I agree if it wasn't for those two holding penalty's the game would of been over

Greatspirits
Lucky as Hell. Pure luck, and Orton SUCKS!!!

Pure luck my arse! We should hove put the game away earlier when we botched that second to last drive! We deserved to win that game!!

listopencil
09-13-2009, 01:18 PM
Mile High Magic on the road.

Odysseus
If Shanahan had a defense like this my God what kind of teams would he have fielded?

Josh is a first year coach that has been ground center of some amazingly stupid politics. I hope he builds on this win.

I wonder what Mark Sanchez would have looked like in Broncos Orange.

listopencil

My heart is still racing!

Yep.

HILife
09-13-2009, 01:19 PM
YES!!1 Yess 1!!!!1OIPDSFLKJAPIFFDSAF;LKNAJJ olmg yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssGFOIWQ[OUGNVGFEWAGNDSANASFOSON9U;LKJx FLJDSA;LV

Popps
09-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Yep. Orton was bad but he doesn't deserve the blame for that drive. Three O-line penalties on one drive is unacceptable.

Yea, two holds on consecutive plays set us up for trouble in the first place. Yes, Kyle should throw the ball away, but the last thing we want him doing with a ****ed up finger is making bad decisions right there.

Orton looked more comfortable at times today, but looked like he was still struggling to throw the ball regularly. I don't know if he's the long-term answer, but he's not a major problem right now... and it's week 1. Let's see if he gets better in this offense.

Popps
09-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Pure luck my arse! We should hove put the game away earlier when we botched that second to last drive! We deserved to win that game!!

Yep. A couple of holding calls gave the Bengals life. This should have been over with a FG with around 5:00 left.

Again, this team got the benefit of a lucky play... but our defense held a team to 7 ****ing points!

Remember the last time that happened?

I don't.

Sodak
09-13-2009, 01:24 PM

I am talking about the Broncos last play. Lucky as Hell. Pure luck, and Orton SUCKS!

The D did look good until they went prevent.

DenverBrit
09-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I am talking about the Broncos last play. Lucky as Hell. Pure luck, and Orton SUCKS!

The D did look good until they went prevent.

That was a well executed designed play. ;D

DarkHorse
09-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Unbelievable - my house is still in disbelief.

Defense looks very strong so far.

Punisher
09-13-2009, 01:32 PM
that was a well executed designed play. ;d

rofl!

TailgateNut
09-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Ok we only need to or three more wins to meet most of the Omaners expectations on the season....lol

This one wont count in their minds.

Hogan11
09-13-2009, 01:33 PM
I love it when Lady Luck takes a giant shiat on the Bengals.....GREAT WIN!!

brncs_fan
09-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I had just picked up a stack of papers and was about to resume grading some quizzes.

Glad I waited a few more seconds. :)

Popps
09-13-2009, 01:38 PM
I love it when Lady Luck takes a giant shiat on the Bengals.....GREAT WIN!!

Like I said... talk about a team that had a lucky break coming its way.

Hardcore Broncos fans deserved this.

What a way to start.

Bronco Yoda
09-13-2009, 01:47 PM
This is my one and only post today. Nothing is going to mess with these happy happy joy joy feelings. I'll leave breaking down 'the rest' for later.

I'm going to go out and BBQ some meat on the grill now :)

Way to go Broncos!

1-0 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TailgateNut
09-13-2009, 01:50 PM
This is my one and only post today. Nothing is going to mess with these happy happy joy joy feelings. I'll leave breaking down 'the rest' for later.

I'm going to go out and BBQ some meat on the grill now :)

Way to go Broncos!

1-0 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very wise move.

Enjoy the Meat!

I just finished making 20Qts of Pork green chile.

Where the "my ass will be on fire" smilie?:spit:

broncosteven
09-13-2009, 01:53 PM

If the D plays like today and the O get's better, we see less of the Punter and we get HUGE unbelieveable game winning plays then it is going to be 16 -0 year.

BroncoInSkinland
09-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Yep. A couple of holding calls gave the Bengals life. This should have been over with a FG with around 5:00 left.

Again, this team got the benefit of a lucky play... but our defense held a team to 7 ****ing points!

Remember the last time that happened?

I don't.

Not just a team, a high power offense, big play based team. Good showing from the D. Great game today. There are still issues but those are for another time.

broncosteven
09-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Not just a team, a high power offense, big play based team. Good showing from the D. Great game today. There are still issues but those are for another time.

No issues, just wins!

McDaniels wasn't pissed on the sidelines, he wasn't ignoring Orton before the last series, he was willing the Broncos to victory!

/edit WOOOO Go Broncos! WOOO

NYBronco
09-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Orton sucks, but WOW!

He sure does stitches, glove and dropped balls.

crush17
09-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Lets give credit to McDaniels for making sure those extra 18 seconds got put back on the clock.

ScottXray
09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I knew that the clock was at :38 when the Bengals scored, cause I was looking at it. So, I knew that is what all the all the action on the sidelines was about. I was pissed when I saw it was at :20, and I 'm glad our coach saw it too. No way those 18 seconds should have been run off.

Best move he made all day was arguing that one out.

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
86 Rushes on 27 carries 3.03 ypc

Pass Defense: 247 yards on 21/33 completions against one of the better QBs in the league and a great WR set. 2 Ints (sure one was on a hail mary desperation heave but whatever, it counts in the stats).

3 Total turnovers (turnover on downs, 2 ints).

Palmer had the dumb luck of having receivers drop some passes. Shucks. He gets to use that excuse.

Orton finishes with 243 yards, 1 TD and 17/28. Orton had the dumb luck of having receivers drop some passes. Shucks. He does not get to use that excuse though.

Anyway, 91 yards given up in a soft-prevent at the end of the game when the defense was on the field for 33:27 seconds total.

Defense gave up 3 out of 11 drives of 40 or more yards. 2 of which were for 40 and 41 yards respectively. They had 3 consecutive 3 and outs and 4(5 counting their last desperation drive) drives of LESS THAN 10 YARDS gain, including one drive which resulted in NEGATIVE yardage.

**** you all, that was awesome to watch.

eddie mac
09-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I TIPPED the Broncos to win this one.

Sassy
09-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I knew that the clock was at :38 when the Bengals scored, cause I was looking at it. So, I knew that is what all the all the action on the sidelines was about. I was pissed when I saw it was at :20, and I 'm glad our coach saw it too. No way those 18 seconds should have been run off.

Best move he made all day was arguing that one out.

Agreed...I said that to Hogan as well (that there was 38 seconds on the clock.)

Bronx33
09-13-2009, 02:47 PM

Pass Defense: 247 yards on 21/33 completions against one of the better QBs in the league and a great WR set. 2 Ints (sure one was on a hail mary desperation heave but whatever, it counts in the stats).

3 Total turnovers (turnover on downs, 2 ints).

Palmer had the dumb luck of having receivers drop some passes. Shucks. He gets to use that excuse.

Orton finishes with 243 yards, 1 TD and 17/28. Orton had the dumb luck of having receivers drop some passes. Shucks. He does not get to use that excuse though.

Anyway, 91 yards given up in a soft-prevent at the end of the game when the defense was on the field for 33:27 seconds total.

Defense gave up 3 out of 11 drives of 40 or more yards. 2 of which were for 40 and 41 yards respectively. They had 3 consecutive 3 and outs and 4(5 counting their last desperation drive) drives of LESS THAN 10 YARDS gain, including one drive which resulted in NEGATIVE yardage.

**** you all, that was awesome to watch.

Logic and facts mean nothing around here it appears ;)

Karenin
09-13-2009, 02:49 PM
No issues, just wins!

McDaniels wasn't pissed on the sidelines, he wasn't ignoring Orton before the last series, he was willing the Broncos to victory!

every day i pray that when i get old i'm not bitter and miserable like you

db56
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
defense played better than i've see in years! i was surprised the bungels kept pounding the rock, i guess they were trying to wear the defense out but they should have probably spread the field with ochostinko and henry.

Orton looked about like we thought he would average, but at least he didnt turn the ball over and thats why the team was able to win.

amazing finish! it was a lucky play, but imo the bungels were outplayed the entire game, the broncos deserved to win the game.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 03:01 PM

Exactly which Bengals are you talking about there?

Palmer's a gimp, and Ocho's a shell of what he was ..... they were lucky to be as close as they were.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Lets give credit to McDaniels for making sure those extra 18 seconds got put back on the clock.

Yes definitely he fought for that ... but wtf took the refs so long though? Everybody in the chat room knew it was 38 from Jump Street ???

Dagmar
09-13-2009, 03:06 PM

Palmer's a gimp, and Ocho's a shell of what he was ..... they were lucky to be as close as they were.

So is lex the bottom or the top?

lostknight
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM

Almost as much luck as you getting to hold off on that plate of crow. Maybe it will even last four weeks until the real opposition arrives.

tesnyde
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
It was pure luck....finally. After all the drama starting with DWill's death and everything since, we get some luck our way, though this was no less dramatic.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 03:13 PM
So is lex the bottom or the top?

Keep working there, Mr. Angry :wave:

I'm going into the Maualuga thread now, wanna follow me there too? C'mon, let's go!

C130Herkload
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Luck? Yes.
A "W"...I'll take it.
What we did right to get that "W" was not let up and wither away like Denver teams from the past. We placed ourselves in a position to take advantage of a lucky break and suceeded. Our "D" hung tough for an entire game--be grateful...we won.
This is not to say our man Orton still dosent suck. Rest assured, we still need an enema at the QB position, but walk away with the win and fight another day.

Steve Sewell
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
The great thing was watching the players absolutely mob McDaniels after the game. While most of the morons plaguing our fanbase are negative about him, the players obviously are not. Which is a very positive thing.

Bronx33
09-13-2009, 03:29 PM
The great thing was watching the players absolutely mob McDaniels after the game. While most of the morons plaguing our fanbase are negative about him, the players obviously are not. Which is a very positive thing.

I agree team unity is huge now and very important for the future.

BlaK-Argentina
09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
HOLY **** is all I have to say. I almost got kicked from my friend's house for yelling so loud. ;D

Popps
09-13-2009, 03:53 PM

:strong:

Popps
09-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Almost as much luck as you getting to hold off on that plate of crow. Maybe it will even last four weeks until the real opposition arrives.

Look pussy, I know you're begging for a loss. I'm sorry it didn't come today.

I never said this team would go to the playoffs this year. I just said we'd be competitive.

Looks like we are, thus far.

SORRY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Popps
09-13-2009, 03:56 PM
No issues, just wins!

LOL

I absolutely love it.

SQUIRM, MOTHER****ERS!!!!

ROFL! Hilarious! LOL :wave: :sunshine: ^5

HooptyHoops
09-13-2009, 03:57 PM
HOLY **** is all I have to say. I almost got kicked from my friend's house for yelling so loud. ;D

I agree...I was watching at a friends house too and they thought I was crazy and my youngest kid went crying to Mom, as I was yelling so much!!

OBF1
09-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Just plain sick. Hollywood could not script it any better. Alot of positive things shown today (insert defense here) Good start to the new era.

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 04:02 PM

Yeah, Palmer's a gimp.

I bet you could ask at least 22 teams in the league if they would take Palmer over their starting QB adn they would say yes.

Ocho being a shell of what he was is still a good WR. Caldwell showed some flashes of being good and CHris Henry, when he isnt in jail is a good receiver.

Fact is, Cincy has a better WR corps than well over half the teams in the league and the only idiots that would say any different are the dip****s on this board who are demeaning Denver's defensive play today.

Considering Bill Cowher was even impressed with us I'll take that as a positive over anything your snaggle toothed ass has to say.

Sassy
09-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Just plain sick. Hollywood could not script it any better. Alot of positive things shown today (insert defense here) Good start to the new era.

Matt Prater 48 and 50 yard FG's ;D
Thank God for ex-Patriots and I don't mean McD:wiggle:

Popps
09-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, Palmer's a gimp.

I bet you could ask at least 22 teams in the league if they would take Palmer over their starting QB adn they would say yes.

Ocho being a shell of what he was is still a good WR. Caldwell showed some flashes of being good and CHris Henry, when he isnt in jail is a good receiver.

Fact is, Cincy has a better WR corps than well over half the teams in the league and the only idiots that would say any different are the dip****s on this board who are demeaning Denver's defensive play today.

Considering Bill Cowher was even impressed with us I'll take that as a positive over anything your snaggle toothed ass has to say.

All true.

Cinci isn't an elite team, by any stretch... but they're solid. I'll bet by the end of the season, they'll be very competitive. They've got a solid defense.

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 04:11 PM
All true.

Cinci isn't an elite team, by any stretch... but they're solid. I'll bet by the end of the season, they'll be very competitive. They've got a solid defense.

Rev seems to think so.

Im not buying. They went 4-11-1 last year for a reason: Marvin Lewis. Talented yes? But they have coaching issues and no amount of talent will overcome them.

That and lets face it, the Bengals are just cursed.

Popps
09-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Rev seems to think so.

Im not buying. They went 4-11-1 last year for a reason: Marvin Lewis. Talented yes? But they have coaching issues and no amount of talent will overcome them.

That and lets face it, the Bengals are just cursed.

Agree with the cursed part.

I thought they played well with Benson in the late part of last season. Once Palmer settles in, I think they'll be tough to beat. Doubt they're a playoff team, but they've certainly got some pieces in place.

It's fair to question Lewis at a certain point, though. He needs a good season to prove this isn't him... rather just some bad luck.

Los Broncos
09-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I was speechless, I couldn't believe what I saw.

Broncos4tw
09-13-2009, 05:09 PM
We got a once every 5 years finish to a game. Me and my brother were screaming our heads off. But we didn't mistake this for what it was: A horrible performance against a pretty crappy team. Orton is just horrible. Our secondary is still very suspect. Our revamped team is meh, at best.

I'll be much more stoked if we start Simms next week. :)

Punisher
09-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Man I can't believe how today ended, I've never seen anything like that in my life, not even a video game, Wow!!!!!

http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco

Popps
09-13-2009, 05:29 PM
I'll be much more stoked if we start Simms next week. :)

If Simms didn't play this week, there's got to be something going on behind the scenes that we're not seeing. McDaniels isn't a guy who's afraid to shake things up. If he had ANY inkling that Simms could handle the job, he would have played instead of a stitched up, gloved Kyle Orton.

Again, Simms never came close to running the full offense in the pre-season. He ran what looked like a modified version, with a lot of play-action and drop-back passing.

Is he still behind in learning the offense? I don't know, but McD went into camp wanting to find his starter, and apparently Orton shot ahead of him, quickly.

I like Simms, but I'm a believer that he must not be up to speed in the offense, or simply not looking as good in practice.

HooptyHoops
09-13-2009, 05:52 PM
I commented late in the game...I can't believe we are going to lose this game and the defense only gave up 7 points...my wife laughed and said, they could still win...how right she was...CRAZY!!

TonyR
09-13-2009, 06:09 PM
I know you're begging for a loss. I'm sorry it didn't come today.

What's sad is that obnoxious as they are today, wait until we lose a game. It's going to be unbearable!

bloodsunday
09-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Congrats to the 2009/10 Broncos on their first win!

Pretty? No.

A "W?"

Absolutely.

:thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I saw a commercial today and just remember how unlikely it was that San Diego even made that last game matter, trailing TB and KC in the 4th quarter in consecutive weeks. We were over due for some luck.

Boobs McGee
09-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Whoopty whoop!!!!!!

Winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 baby!!!!