Meck77
09-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Channel 4

Hogan11
09-12-2009, 09:39 PM
That should be interesting to say the least

Meck77
09-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Josh "Brandon has been focused, continuity coming together with WR core".
Josh had nothing to do with Rod stepping in. He hopes the talks will be productive.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 09:53 PM
hopefully McD can pull his head out of ass and get this team moving forward

Broncosfreak_56
09-12-2009, 09:57 PM

???

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
???

i know rite?

Meck77
09-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Kyle had a good week of practice. No guarantee Moreno will play.

He concluded by saying "Screw all you doubters".

DBroncos4life
09-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Kyle had a good week of practice. No guarantee Moreno will play.

He concluded by saying "Screw all you doubters".

If he really did that I would love him.

rastaman
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
If he really did that I would love him.

I'd love to see him coaching in college! :wiggle:

Popps
09-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Oh look, it's the forum's biggest crybaby.

You know, the guy that yaps up a good game, but won't put his money where his mouth is.

You even going to watch tomorrow?

I guess you have to. There's always the chance we lose... and you can come gloat and celebrate with the widow's club.

cutthemdown
09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Pull his head out? Dude has been working non stop since he got here. He's going to be calling the plays this week you think he's not fired up?

Mcdaniels is a smart young coach who ran into a lead headed young QB with an ego the size of an elephant. He tried to treat said player like he wasn't special and that didn't fly well.

It may have been a mistake, who knows, we will see if Cutler ever stops turning ball over. We will see where Broncos end up.

It's about a lot more then one yr. With Slowik running the defense and probably Boss Bailey, Webster, Winborn, Engleberger, Manual, still on the team I would be far less enthused then I am.

I'm excited to watch Broncos grow into a Superbowl team again. Instead of being a team that tried to act like previous Superbowl Broncos but never put it out on the field. The had excuses though, lots of them. Scapegoats, hell Shanny had one every yr.

Broncos are my team, Mcdaniels my coach, and I won't bail on him unless he does nothing in 3 yrs.

lex
09-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Pull his head out? Dude has been working non stop since he got here. He's going to be calling the plays this week you think he's not fired up?

Mcdaniels is a smart young coach who ran into a lead headed young QB with an ego the size of an elephant. He tried to treat said player like he wasn't special and that didn't fly well.

It may have been a mistake, who knows, we will see if Cutler ever stops turning ball over. We will see where Broncos end up.

It's about a lot more then one yr. With Slowik running the defense and probably Boss Bailey, Webster, Winborn, Engleberger, Manual, still on the team I would be far less enthused then I am.

I'm excited to watch Broncos grow into a Superbowl team again. Instead of being a team that tried to act like previous Superbowl Broncos but never put it out on the field. The had excuses though, lots of them. Scapegoats, hell Shanny had one every yr.

Broncos are my team, Mcdaniels my coach, and I won't bail on him unless he does nothing in 3 yrs.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2MgeKuI-AU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2MgeKuI-AU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kamakazi_kal
09-12-2009, 11:28 PM

You know, the guy that yaps up a good game, but won't put his money where his mouth is.

I guess you have to. There's always the chance we lose... and you can come gloat and celebrate with the widow's club.

always gotta go personal don't ya.....frickin weak.

Popps
09-12-2009, 11:30 PM
always gotta go personal don't ya.....frickin weak.

Personal is talking about something of a personal nature.

Football on a football board isn't personal.

He's talking **** 24/7, calling people idiots and homers... yet, he tucked his tail and ran when asked to put his money where his mouth is.

That's usually how it works.

kamakazi_kal
09-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Personal is talking about something of a personal nature.

Football on a football board isn't personal.

He's talking **** 24/7, calling people idiots and homers... yet, he tucked his tail and ran when asked to put his money where his mouth is.

That's usually how it works.

dude .... what your blood pressure? you better keep some bayer on you at all times.

.................................................. .................................................. .

Hey all ..... I'm ready to behave and back my team ..... I'll say I haven't agreed with just about every single move that has been made this offseason ... that being said I'm giving Mcdick a "non-flame" pass for the next 6 games.

Make me eat that crow MCD......................I want it in double spoonfuls.

2KBack
09-12-2009, 11:53 PM
dude .... what your blood pressure? you better keep some bayer on you at all times.

.................................................. .................................................. .

Hey all ..... I'm ready to behave and back my team ..... I'll say I haven't agreed with just about every single move that has been made this offseason ... that being said I'm giving Mcdick a "non-flame" pass for the next 6 games.

Make me eat that crow MCD......................I want it in double spoonfuls.

Starting now?

UberBroncoMan
09-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Starting now?

First game hasn't started yet :thumbsup:

Taco John
09-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Tomorrow night at this time, Josh McDaniels will be a hero with his first coaching win under his belt, and Chicago will have just lost their opening game.

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Tomorrow night at this time, Josh McDaniels will be a hero with his first coaching win under his belt, and Chicago will have just lost their opening game.

Thats what Im talking about!

Way to get on board with you know, ROOTING FOR THE HOME TEAM.

Now, how do I use the ban feature on this mod thing Taco? :)

DeusExManning
09-13-2009, 01:49 AM

That would be awesome and I am feeling it, cannot wait. I love football.

Popps
09-13-2009, 01:59 AM

Great, now we're screwed.

:~ohyah!:

titan
09-13-2009, 07:47 AM
I liked Mcd's answer to whether he scripted plays to start the game. He said (summary) no, that he likes to have the flexibility to change plays based on the game situation. So much was made of Shanahan's scripted plays at the start of a game - but was that really smart?

Watched women's tennis for the first time in years while waiting for the McD show. More entertaining than I expected (but still glad it ended in 2 sets so Josh's show could come on)

Meck77
09-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Watched women's tennis for the first time in years while waiting for the McD show. More entertaining than I expected (but still glad it ended in 2 sets so Josh's show could come on)

LOL

Same here titan. It was kinda entertaining especially the part where Williams was about to beat up that little line judge.

_Oro_
09-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Anything else interesting he mentioned?

TotallyScrewed
09-13-2009, 08:29 AM

I guess you're hedging your bet too, huh..."There's always the chance we lose".

But, but , but....

Why don't you just put your Vaseline on the table.

I don't understand how you can hang on JM jock soooo GD hard and yet doubt that he will by himself win this cake game.

Rock Chalk
09-13-2009, 08:59 AM
I guess you're hedging your bet too, huh..."There's always the chance we lose".

But, but , but....

Why don't you just put your Vaseline on the table.

I don't understand how you can root for the broncos hard and yet doubt that he will by himself win this cake game.

Fixed it for you.

Taco John
09-13-2009, 10:05 PM

:thumbs:

Meck77
09-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Welcome back to the positive side. I mean that.

You know Taco I was thinking more about your statement how you just knew the Broncos would not win a SB with Plummer. What you fail to realize is how much damn fun each and every damn one of those wins was. Yeah it was bitter sweat but there is just no better way to spend a sunday then in the stands with a Broncos win. It's ok via TV but the experience isn't even close IMO. Losing sucks even more when you have to witness it and pay for it.

Either way here's to some more Broncos wins this season. Maybe Orton will throw enough tip balls to sneak us into the playoffs. lmfao

Taco John
09-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Welcome back to the positive side.

I'm only on one side: The Broncos side.

I'll let you and Popps take count on who is "positive" and "negative" enough for your liking. I'm not participating in the TruFan game.

Just like anytime - I just call it like I see it.

Steve Sewell
09-13-2009, 10:15 PM
After watching the same 'ol same 'ol from Cutler this evening, McD is coming out of this whole ordeal smelling like roses.

Cutler was just an epic failure tonight, and I enjoyed every second of it.

On a side note, did anyone see Dilfer just OWN Cutler on the ESPN post game?

Dagmar
09-13-2009, 10:19 PM
No, explain please!

houghtam
09-13-2009, 10:20 PM
After watching the same 'ol same 'ol from Cutler this evening, McD is coming out of this whole ordeal smelling like roses.

Cutler was just an epic failure tonight, and I enjoyed every second of it.

On a side note, did anyone see Dilfer just OWN Cutler on the ESPN post game?

No, what did he say?

OABB
09-13-2009, 10:21 PM
yeah...tell us already

Steve Sewell
09-13-2009, 10:32 PM
No, what did he say?

This is pretty much word for word. Yes I'm a nerd and I just re-watched it to transcribe this:

"To me this is what you're afraid of if Jay Cutler is your QB. He can do the phenomenal and he did some some amazing stuff tonight. But, the reason he has not been a successful, winning QB in this league is because at times he plays too much with that gunslinger mentality."

"If you're the Chicago Bears, and everyone is talking about going to Super Bowl this year and thinks they have their franchise QB, I would temper the expectations a little bit, and hope that this QB learns to do what Kyle Orton did with the Chicago Bears last year, (he said the following with great emphasis) and that's WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. At the end of last year, Kyle Orton and Matt Forte were BY FAR the best players on the Chicago Bears. In fact, Kyle Orton carried them at times at the end of last year. How quickly we forget that. Kyle Orton wins today, Jay Cutler throws 4 INTs...I don't think we're making too much out of it, expectations are too high for Jay Cutler right now in Chicago."

Ugly Duck
09-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Tomorrow night at this time, Josh McDaniels will be a hero with his first coaching win under his belt

I have to admit that 87-yard play to win was brilliant. Have to give credit to McDaniels for drawing that up... it was frikken genious. That was about the slickest play ever thought up by an NFL coach - very impressive!

Taco John
09-13-2009, 11:10 PM
I have to admit that 87-yard play to win was brilliant. Have to give credit to McDaniels for drawing that up... it was frikken genious. That was about the slickest play ever thought up by an NFL coach - very impressive!

Josh put that play in specifically for this situation. They only practiced it in closed sessions though. Can't give everything away.

Wait until you see the sudden death Statue of Liberty.

Steve Sewell
09-14-2009, 12:27 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/story?columnist=greenberg_jon&id=4471688

Dilfer video.