PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have NFL Game Pass?

eddie mac
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Looking for some feedback on this cos it looks like I may have to purchase a season pass at $240 to follow my beloved Broncos in full this year given the streamsite I've used for years has gone to pot.

Couple of questions, how good is the quality, do the streams buffer or break up at all like the free net versions and are the games normally behind as that would seriously affect chatroom usage.

Cheers EM

alpine
09-12-2009, 11:36 PM
I've used it, on and off on a weekly basis, for the past couple of seasons. I have broadband and found the quality excellent, especially compared to sport site streams, which is why I was happy to front up the money for it.

Early on, there was a minor problem with the payments through Yahoo (I can't particularly remember the details, but I think it was me wanting to pay through my Paypal account but it only allowing me to use a credit card because I have a related Yahoo account) but since then no worries.

Not sure about delay or chatroom usage since I don't use chat on the work computer.

atomicbloke
09-13-2009, 12:06 AM
I lived in Asia the last few years and relied on it exclusively. I would definitely recommend it.

And for $210, it is cheaper than what people in the US for directv.

Superb quality. Can even watch the games later on demand.

If you only want to watch the bonrocs, they have a package to follow one team also.

I suggest try it for a week. They have weekly subscription.

If you like it, you can choose the full package or the Broncos package.

JJJ
09-13-2009, 12:16 AM
Highly recommended. With a good fast connection it has little problems though you will get freeze ups from time to time. I am not sure about chat rooms but interacting on one or two forums during the feed seems to be not an issue.

Great thing is the archiving of the games which you need with the time differences sometimes and now they have added 24 hour availability to the NFL Network.

When you live overseas Gamepass is manna from heaven.

BioCore
09-13-2009, 02:32 AM
Im from the UK as well and with the disappointing Sky coverage announced this years compared to previous years made the decision pretty easy for me to get Gamepass for the season

I had it last year and the quality of the stream is fantastic and lets you pick the other best game available when the Broncos aren't on.

All I would point out if you are indeed from the UK if the Broncos are one of the selected game on Sky they will block out the feed from that game due to contractual agreements not to show games on Sky to UK customers. Just need to take that into account

TomServo
09-13-2009, 02:41 AM
dishnetwork is sposed to come out with a sat reciever with built in slingbox, 4th quarter this year maybe. i dont need slingbox to watch the broncos but the potential to stream content is kinda crazy. google slingbox 902.

FireFly
09-13-2009, 04:41 AM
Gamepass = win

worth the $$$

LordHelmchen
09-13-2009, 07:45 AM
had it last year, just renewed it today. It's really awesome.. forget about chat room usage though, you'll be waayyy behind.

eddie mac
09-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Yeah it's so good it's offline, what an utter ****ing joke.

LordHelmchen
09-13-2009, 12:43 PM
yeah, it's pissing me off ... wrote a not too nice email to the support .. but I assume the kinks will be ironed out by next week.

Odysseus
09-13-2009, 01:40 PM
http://watchthedenverbroncos.wordpress.com/

I am pretty surprised nobody overseas on this thread has mentioned this. You should take a look at the HDTV on this. I have bandwidth issues and it does not work for me but I would be curious to see what the people overseas are seeing.

LordHelmchen
09-13-2009, 02:06 PM
The quality of the veetle stream is excellent, but by no means as good as the Gamepass HD stream

LordHelmchen
09-13-2009, 02:22 PM
rewatching THE play now on Gamepass... ;D

Odysseus
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Is there anyplace online to download games so you can look at them while traveling?