PDA

View Full Version : Orton named the starter against the Bungholes

bronco militia
09-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Orton to start for Broncos

Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2009 4:03 PM ET

The storm that's coming to Cincinnati will include a quarterback who less than two weeks ago saw his finger become so badly dislocated that it ripped through his skin.

Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton will start against the Bengals, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

Orton is wearing a glove to protect the stitches in his finger.

"He's got a lot of respect from us, and a lot of credit for being able to play with stitches," receiver Eddie Royal said, per Klis. "It's a tough injury for a quarterback, but he's a tough guy. You want a quarterback like that. I'm glad he's on our team."

Yeah, but stitches are nothing like playing with a partially torn biceps tendon, a partially torn rotator cuff, cracked ribs, sore ankles, swine flu, polio, and/or lupus.

oubronco
09-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Orton Will hear a BOO

Smiling Assassin27
09-11-2009, 02:46 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:bYk35onc1ooEOM:http://www.clarionledger.com/misc/blogs/kyleveazey/uploaded_images/Heisman-Trophy-767895.JPG

er something...

Meck77
09-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Orton Will hear a BOO

That's the spirit we all love around here! :thumbsup::gobroncos:bronxrox::Broncos:

Old Dude
09-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I hope he hears a lot of boos. The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of Bengal fans cheering about INTs.

Smiling Assassin27
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
I hope he hears a lot of boos. The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of Bengal fans cheering about INTs.

spoken like a true old...wise...dude.. :strong:

Meck77
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
So wait a second. Are we actually going to show up? I thought the game and the season was over?

bronco militia
09-11-2009, 02:50 PM
So wait a second. Are we actually going to show up? I thought the game and the season was over?

quiet you! save that **** for Sunday night

Beantown Bronco
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
:lombardi:

footstepsfrom#27
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Just restrict him to throwing only 3 yard passes...oh wait he will anyway.

Baba Booey
09-11-2009, 02:56 PM

Yeah, you could have fooled me.

Hogan11
09-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Orton as the starter......whadda surprise that is ::)

ElwayMD
09-11-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm more interested in seeing how much B-marsh plays. If he is in there the offense has the potential to be so much more dynamic.

broncofan7
09-11-2009, 03:07 PM
He will be replaced in the 3rd quarter and McD will cite the injury.......during our bye week, Orton will be replaced PERMANENTLY

Baba Booey
09-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm more interested in seeing how much B-marsh plays. If he is in there the offense has the potential to be so much more dynamic.

Yeah me too. I hope he plays from the get-go.

Ramathorn
09-11-2009, 03:14 PM
He will be replaced in the 3rd quarter and McD will cite the injury.......during our bye week, Orton will be replaced PERMANENTLY

Pray to god that happens.

Rock Chalk
09-11-2009, 03:24 PM

If that happens it measn things are going horribly and you are telling Bronco fans to pray for that?

Not to pull the fan card but you just got yours revoked asshole.

Old Dude
09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I know this is a really radical concept, but I'm going to try something new.

1. I think I'm going to wait and see what actually happens.

2. I'm not going to get too depressed if they suck. I'm not going to get too excited if they excel. Instead, I'm going to try to put my emotions in a detached neutral gear for the first couple of weeks. Then I'll start ranting one way or the other, right after the Oakland game.

baja
09-11-2009, 03:40 PM

2. I'm not going to get too depressed if they suck. I'm not going to get too excited if they excel. Instead, I'm going to try to put my emotions in a detached neutral gear for the first couple of weeks. Then I'll start ranting one way or the other, right after the Oakland game.

Well you are a lousy fan.

Don't you know you have to be frothing at the mouth for or against McD to be a Bronco fan.... ;D

Hogan11
09-11-2009, 03:41 PM

How dare you!

jhns
09-11-2009, 03:41 PM
If that happens it measn things are going horribly and you are telling Bronco fans to pray for that?

Not to pull the fan card but you just got yours revoked a-hole.

That only means they are doing bad until the 3rd quarter. Just in time for a nice Simms comeback. He then gets the starting job for good as he is the savior. You didn't read far enough.

Clockwork Orange
09-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I've rooted for far ****tier players and far, far, far worse human beings than Kyle Orton. I'm willing to give him a fair shot to succeed, though, I'm not optimistic that he will.

Prove me wrong, Neckbeard.

ColoradoBuff
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Pro Bowl!

dbfan4life
09-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Nope. I pray that anyone playing for the Broncos goes in and does a great job. Never wish for bad. It's just bad mojo, karma, whatever.

crowebomber
09-11-2009, 04:17 PM
He's got plenty of weapons. He don't need a stinking finger when he's got Royal, Marshall, Moreno, Hillis to make plays and Clady protecting his blind side. He'll have better #s than our old quarterback after this weekend, and I'm not talking about Pat Ramsey.

Hotrod
09-11-2009, 04:19 PM
I've changed my mind on this game. Champ is going to have a chip on his shoulder and my $ is Dawkins and the rest of the D are not real happy about och****o running his pie hole.

The D is going to explode on the Bungles and Orton will do just enough

Denver 20 Kittycats 7

ro_50
09-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Let's see what Orton does. He had a few decent moments (Seattle game he looked decent with the left hand toss now withstanding and did move the ball on the Niners until stumbling inside the red zone) mixed in with bad ones in the preseason.

Obviously, McD thinks highly of him for a reason. I hope that the weapons will be fully healthy for the game.

Popps
09-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Let's see what Orton does. He had a few decent moments (Seattle game he looked decent with the left hand toss now withstanding and did move the ball on the Niners until stumbling inside the red zone) mixed in with bad ones in the preseason.

Obviously, McD thinks highly of him for a reason. I hope that the weapons will be fully healthy for the game.

Reasonable take.

Let's give the guy a chance to play a couple of real games.

It's not popular to be rational around here as of late, but we simply don't know what we have in Orton yet. McDaniels isn't going to let a QB problem run the team into the ground. He's too sound of an offensive mind.

I expect an improved offensive output this year. We've only got to finish in the top half of the league in scoring to accomplish that.

Karenin
09-11-2009, 11:17 PM
wait, so he's not going to be out for the season like dr. goldensteinenbergenstein said he was going to? i'm so ****ing surprised.

i feel incredibly sorry for his patients (if he's actually allowed to practice medicine, something i highly doubt)

Bronco Yoda
09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
I thought we mailed in the season already. McD is naming starters Now? What for? Didn't he hear that all the experts have already given us an 0-16 record. It's already in the books isn't it?

BroncoMatt
09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
wait, so he's not going to be out for the season like dr. goldensteinenbergenstein said he was going to? i'm so ****ing surprised.

i feel incredibly sorry for his patients (if he's actually allowed to practice medicine, something i highly doubt)

yeah, umm, you really don't know what you are talking about

ton80
09-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Don't want the rookie starting.

Never forget Simms laying an egg (due to a lack of testicular fortitude) in the Big 12 Championship game between Texas and CU.

That leaves Orton.

Dude has heart, leadership qualities, toughness, and won't piss all over himself if things get tough.

By the way, how exactly was Cincinnati going to stop Marshall, Royal, Hillis, our O-line, and McD slicing and dicing?

Sunday will be a day of reckoning. I've learned that the only folks dumber than the mainstream media are the retards in sports media. They never have an original thought. If one of them says something, the rest of them swear by it. They all say Denver will suck. I say Denver will surprise.

I can't wait to begin the McD era with an absolute crushing of the Bengals. For the betting crowd out there, take the Broncos +4 and enjoy the payday.

Los Broncos
09-12-2009, 12:00 AM
A lot of short passes and running in this one.

OABB
09-12-2009, 12:15 AM

Never forget Simms laying an egg (due to a lack of testicular fortitude) in the Big 12 Championship game between Texas and CU.

That leaves Orton.

Dude has heart, leadership qualities, toughness, and won't piss all over himself if things get tough.

By the way, how exactly was Cincinnati going to stop Marshall, Royal, Hillis, our O-line, and McD slicing and dicing?

Sunday will be a day of reckoning. I've learned that the only folks dumber than the mainstream media are the retards in sports media. They never have an original thought. If one of them says something, the rest of them swear by it. The all say Denver will suck. I say Denver will surprise.

I can't wait to begin the McD era with an absolute crushing of the Bengals. For the betting crowd out there, take the Broncos +4 and enjoy the payday.

here here.

more of these types of posts please...

god lex blows.

that is all.

BroncoMan4ever
09-12-2009, 12:48 AM

so did i, so many have written us off that i assumed we would just forfeit every game and go 0-16 and give the Seahawks the number 1 overall pick.

Clockwork Orange
09-12-2009, 01:11 AM
It's not popular to be rational around here as of late, but we simply don't know what we have in Orton yet.

Yes, we do. Orton's not a rookie, he's been in the league several years and what we have in him is fairly well defined. On a good day, he's going to minimize risk, manage the game well and be efficient. On a bad day, well, we've seen a bad day already. What we have to hope for is that good Kyle shows up more often than bad Kyle.

I've never been a fan of Orton's, but then I was never a fan of Jake Plummer's either before he came to town and I supported the hell out of him when he was under center for the Broncos. I'll do the same for Orton every time he takes a snap in a Bronco uniform, despite the fact that I'm of the opinion that the QB who'll eventually lead the Broncos back to contention is not yet on the roster.

ZONA
09-12-2009, 02:19 AM
I don't understand all of this (I hope this guy fails) stuff. The ONLY thing you should give a damn about is that the Broncos win. It doesn't matter how we win, who plays more, who plays better, only that we win the game.

If we're not fortunate enough to win, then let's hope we play physical, smart football and it's a close game.

It's simple, if you want any player in a Broncos uniform to get hurt or play bad, you are a major d-bag.

UberBroncoMan
09-12-2009, 03:04 AM
He's got plenty of weapons. He don't need a stinking finger when he's got Royal, Marshall, Moreno, Hillis to make plays and Clady protecting his blind side. He'll have better #s than our old quarterback after this weekend, and I'm not talking about Pat Ramsey.

Darrell Hackney?

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 03:12 AM
Yes, we do. Orton's not a rookie, he's been in the league several years and what we have in him is fairly well defined. On a good day, he's going to minimize risk, manage the game well and be efficient. On a bad day, well, we've seen a bad day already. What we have to hope for is that good Kyle shows up more often than bad Kyle.

I've never been a fan of Orton's, but then I was never a fan of Jake Plummer's either before he came to town and I supported the hell out of him when he was under center for the Broncos. I'll do the same for Orton every time he takes a snap in a Bronco uniform, despite the fact that I'm of the opinion that the QB who'll eventually lead the Broncos back to contention is not yet on the roster.

Yep.

watermock
09-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Gawd, I'd beg Jake out of retirement right now.

http://www.pyromaniac.com/teams/images/denver-broncos/kyle-orton-stoned-medium.jpg

Imagine this with a broken index finger.

Ramathorn
09-12-2009, 05:40 AM

Not to pull the fan card but you just got yours revoked a-hole.

No ahole, ill be at that game. Im willing to sacrifice a half of football if that means getting the right qb for the team on the field. just because orton was involved in the trade for jay should not annoint him starter. Did you watch the preseason?? 3 straight drives, 3 straight ints?? A left handed lob into the endzone for a pick??? Give me a break. Ive been a fan for 22 years. you should have yours be revoked for being a blind dumbass.

fontaine
09-12-2009, 05:45 AM
No ahole, ill be at that game. Im willing to sacrifice a half of football if that means getting the right qb for the team on the field. just because orton was involved in the trade for jay should not annoint him starter. Did you watch the preseason?? 3 straight drives, 3 straight ints?? A left handed lob into the endzone for a pick??? Give me a break. Ive been a fan for 22 years. you should have yours be revoked for being a blind dumbass.

I agree, since when is accepting mediocrity a sign a being a good fan?

The only way I know of being a fan is to want and expect good to great players at every position, especially at the most important spot on the team. If there's an average to poor player who's going to be a weak spot on our team, like Orton, then get his a$$ out of there as soon as we find someone better.

Be honest, whenever the Broncos go into the draft and grab a player, do you say to yourself, gosh I sure hope that RB turns out to be like Tatum Bell, or Terrell Davis?

When the Broncos bring in a young QB do you hope he turns out more like Elway or Griese?

It's the same with Orton, except we and the entire league already know how mediocre he is.

rmsanger
09-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Well poop on a stick... was pully for Tom Brandy to start...

ScottXray
09-12-2009, 08:51 AM

The only way I know of being a fan is to want and expect good to great players at every position, especially at the most important spot on the team. If there's an average to poor player who's going to be a weak spot on our team, like Orton, then get his a$$ out of there as soon as we find someone better.
Be honest, whenever the Broncos go into the draft and grab a player, do you say to yourself, gosh I sure hope that RB turns out to be like Tatum Bell, or Terrell Davis?

When the Broncos bring in a young QB do you hope he turns out more like Elway or Griese?

It's the same with Orton, except we and the entire league already know how mediocre he is.

Agree that MAYBE Orton is a weak spot. The key part is the highlited text.

We simply can't say that Simms or TB is better at this point. Maybe the coach has a hard-on for Orton because of the politics of the trade. And maybe it isn't that at all, and he actually thinks that Orton is better than the other two, at this point of time.

TB looks like he is going to be good...in the future. Simms was
not able to take the job away from Orton in camp.

BAD play by Orton should and will be crticised. Starting tomorrow the bullets are for real. Starting tomorrow is when we find out what the Offense is really going to look like.

Until then, I stand by the coach and support ALL the players he puts on the field. If Orton stinks it up then he (coach) deserves criticism for putting him out there. Until Orton stinks it up he doesn't. And if we win Ugly, it is still a win. At the end of the day, the Wins and Losses are all that matter.

I'm hoping that this team surprises us all, and comes out like gangbusters...on both sides of the ball, for a Bronco win.

Uncertainty is what we all are feeling. Scary. And exciting.

Cito Pelon
09-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Orton Will hear a BOO

I think it's best to put this into a nursery rhyme:

"Orton Will Hear a BOO" by OU

Orton will hear a boo
Interceptions, there will be a slew
Touchdowns, there will be few
Orton will hear a boo
From OU

Orton will hear a boo
Him and his motley crew
He belongs in the loo!
Says OU
Orton WILL hear a boo

I've seen better arms on monkeys in a zoo!
Says OU
Yes, Orton will hear a boo

He will hear a screw you!
He will hear a fark you!
He will hear worse, too
From OU

ScottXray
09-12-2009, 09:18 AM
I think it's best to put this into a nursery rhyme:

"Orton Will Hear a BOO" by OU

Orton will hear a boo
Interceptions, there will be a slew
Touchdowns, there will be few
Orton will hear a boo
From OU

Orton will hear a boo
Him and his motley crew
He belongs in the loo!
Says OU
Orton WILL hear a boo

I've seen better arms on monkeys in a zoo!
Says OU
Yes, Orton will hear a boo

He will hear a screw you!
He will hear a fark you!
He will hear worse, too
From OU

This is getting old.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-12-2009, 09:44 AM

You couldn't jerkoff with this injury, let alone throw a football. But it wouldn't keep you from being a jerkoff. You need a new obsession besides me.

55CrushEm
09-12-2009, 10:24 AM

The problem with the McD haters is that apparently accepting mediocrity under Shanahan (24-24 over the last 3 seasons) is okay.....but accepting mediocrity under McD is being a blind homer.

Why the double standard? And we don't even know what our record will be yet (duh).

If McD goes 24-24 over 3 seasons, and there appears to be no signs of improvement.....then I'll start being critical. Let's wait and see what we've got.

I'm neither a McD lover, nor a hater. There is no track record in Denver yet for him (obviously). However, I do like the WAY he runs things (stretching in TC, attention to detail, etc.).......

Meck77
09-12-2009, 10:35 AM
The problem with the McD haters is that apparently accepting mediocrity under Shanahan (24-24 over the last 3 seasons) is okay.....but accepting mediocrity under McD is being a blind homer.

Why the double standard? And we don't even know what our record will be yet (duh).

If McD goes 24-24 over 3 seasons, and there appears to be no signs of improvement.....then I'll start being critical. Let's wait and see what we've got.

Well CrushEm before you got here there were people who tried to convince us that Griese was the answer. The internet is a crazy place. Ha!

Odysseus
09-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Whoa. Dude. You read my mind. How did you do that?

Personally I think it's a ruse. Let's see what kind of coach Josh really is.

cmhargrove
09-12-2009, 01:15 PM

That leaves Orton.

Sunday will be a day of reckoning. I've learned that the only folks dumber than the mainstream media are the retards in sports media. They never have an original thought. If one of them says something, the rest of them swear by it. They all say Denver will suck. I say Denver will surprise.

I like the word reckoning - hopefully Dawkins will slip that into his pre-game rant. We need the Broncos to remember that this is a game of violence. A "reckoning" sounds pretty good to me.

Count me in.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-12-2009, 01:24 PM
You couldn't jerkoff with this injury, let alone throw a football. But it wouldn't keep you from being a jerkoff. You need a new obsession besides me.

Actually wouldn't jerking off be more difficult because you would have to create something closer to a fist? When gripping a football, he doesn't have to bend the knuckle nearly as much and I'd assume that would cause less pain. Though hopefully for Kyle, he jerks with the left. Then again, being a man, I know a dude will always find a way

WolfpackGuy
09-12-2009, 01:50 PM
The defense better pitch a shutout.
"The Coach" is going to ride Orton into getting himself fired.

Bronx33
09-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I have faith in 9 fingers orton!!

_Oro_
09-12-2009, 02:06 PM
http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/files/articles/iStock_000005523851Small.jpg

baja
09-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Actually wouldn't jerking off be more difficult because you would have to create something closer to a fist? When gripping a football, he doesn't have to bend the knuckle nearly as much and I'd assume that would cause less pain. Though hopefully for Kyle, he jerks with the left. Then again, being a man, I know a dude will always find a way

Two slabs of liver wedged between the fins of an old time steam radiator works good ;D

frerottenextelway
09-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Prediction: 14-22 185 2 1

Ramathorn
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM

I'm neither a McD lover, nor a hater. There is no track record in Denver yet for him (obviously). However, I do like the WAY he runs things (stretching in TC, attention to detail, etc.).......

From the little I know bout the broncos history, I dont believe that shanny came in and directly proceeded to run the franchise out of town? correct me if im wrong.

Arkie
09-12-2009, 08:29 PM

The whole injury was staged with special effects. Orton had some James Bond like contraptions in his wrist bands to make the blood.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 08:40 PM
From the little I know bout the broncos history, I dont believe that shanny came in and directly proceeded to run the franchise out of town? correct me if im wrong.

The issue with all of that is that we were contenders that under achieved. Every year under Shanny we believed and had a chance to compete. You don't have that with McD.

The Denver Broncos have gone from expecting to compete for a title to a team that hopes a 6-10 season shows "progress". Sad but true.

You won't find anyone complaning about Shanny getting fired. You find the issue when you look at how McD completely botched the off-season.

Shanny's issue was that he couldn't develop defensive talent and he couldn't or wouldn't get a defensive mind to help him out.

The offense was in place. If Shanny could have checked his pride and brought in a legtimiate defensive mind to run the defense, we could have been competeing for a title this season. That's a simple fact.

Shanahan's final straw on the haystack was not being able to let go of Slowick. I don't know why he hitched his trailer to that wagon, but he did and it's what cost him in the end.

baja
09-12-2009, 08:46 PM
The issue with all of that is that we were contenders that under achieved. Every year under Shanny we believed and had a chance to compete. You don't have that with McD.

The Denver Broncos have gone from expecting to compete for a title to a team that hopes a 6-10 season shows "progress". Sad but true.

You won't find anyone complaning about Shanny getting fired. You find the issue when you look at how McD completely botched the off-season.

Shanny's issue was that he couldn't develop defensive talent and he couldn't or wouldn't get a defensive mind to help him out.

The offense was in place. If Shanny could have checked his pride and brought in a legtimiate defensive mind to run the defense, we could have been competeing for a title this season. That's a simple fact.

Shanahan's final straw on the haystack was not being able to let go of Slowick. <b> I don't know why he hitched his trailer to that wagon, but he did and it's what cost him in the end.

How do you hitch a trailer to a wagon, inquiring minds want to know.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 08:47 PM
How do you hitch a trailer to a wagon, inquiring minds want to know.

then that certaintly doesn't include you.

rastaman
09-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Prediction: 14-22 185 2 1

My prediction: 18-33 203 2-4. Broncos win 17-15. :strong:

baja
09-12-2009, 09:02 PM
then that certaintly doesn't include you.

Thanks for clearing that up articulate one.

maher_tyler
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM

Shanahan's final straw on the haystack was not being able to let go of Slowick. I don't know why he hitched his trailer to that wagon, but he did and it's what cost him in the end.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...stop living in the past dude! The only reason we're not a contender is because the media doesn't think we are. Go ask Champ Bailey or Brian Dawkins if they think we're contenders!! The D is going to be way better this year...no way are we as bad as the last 2 years. I believe we have just as good of a chance this year as the past 10!

rastaman
09-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Rep!

rastaman
Shoulda, woulda, coulda...stop living in the past dude! The only reason we're not a contender is because the media doesn't think we are. Go ask Champ Bailey or Brian Dawkins if they think we're contenders!! The D is going to be way better this year...no way are we as bad as the last 2 years. I believe we have just as good of a chance this year as the past 10!

I don't!:sunshine:

Atwater His Ass

lol, i don't care and haven't cared what the media thinks for quite sometime now.

and when have you ever heard any player on any team ever say they didn't think they could win prior to the season? it's not in their competitive nature to admit defeat. get a clue bro.

how exactly is the D going to be better? we have completely revamped our defensive philopshy and our front 7 is just as horrible as it was the past decade. we brought in NO quality defensive front 7 aditions, yet somehow you homers think we've somehow greatly improved?????

ya, we got a quailty vet in dawkins, but guess what? he doesnt' have the skill, nor play the position that will single handley upgrade our D.

we've been saying for years that the D coulnd't be worse than last years, and guess ****ing what? they were.

not even the biggest homers on this board think this team will be competitive this year. 4-12, book it.

rastaman
09-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Woulda-shoulda-coulda equals:

2009 - 3-5 wins

2010 - 4-6 wins

2011 - 7-8 wins

8')

Clockwork Orange
09-12-2009, 09:19 PM
The only reason we're not a contender is because the media doesn't think we are.

Ohhhh, so that's why the Broncos aren't a contender. Silly me, I thought it was the downgrade in talent at the QB position, a defense that's transitioning to a whole new scheme while needing upgrades in talent all over the place and a brutal schedule. Turns out it was that darned media all along.

And they would have got away with it if not for you snooping kids!

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Ohhhh, so that's why the Broncos aren't a contender. Silly me, I thought it was the downgrade in talent at the QB position, a defense that's transitioning to a whole new scheme while needing upgrades in talent all over the place and a brutal schedule. Turns out it was that darned media all along.

it's always the media, duh!

broncogary
09-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Two slabs of liver wedged between the fins of an old time steam radiator works good ;D

Ah, good times! :sunshine:

maher_tyler
09-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Woulda-shoulda-coulda equals:

2009 - 3-5 wins

2010 - 4-6 wins

2011 - 7-8 wins

8')

Is this a joke??

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 10:13 PM
this boards a joke atm, so what do you really expect??

maher_tyler
09-12-2009, 10:14 PM

Just like Miami and Atlanta had no chance last year this time...turns out they both made the playoffs.

Clockwork Orange
09-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Just like Miami and Atlanta had no chance last year this time...turns out they both made the playoffs.

So making the playoffs = being a contender? You must have a different definition of contender than I do.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 10:18 PM
good god, how both had a legitimate chance to reach the SB right?

man, how standards have fallen where we think just making the playoffs is a good season...who gives **** who actually lifts the lombardi at the end of the season right?

lol...

maher_tyler
09-12-2009, 10:28 PM
So making the playoffs = being a contender? You must have a different definition of contender than I do.

By definition, everyone is a contender but the way some of you guys talk we should just sit the season out because we have zero chance.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 10:33 PM
By definition, everyone is a contender but the way some of you guys talk we should just sit the season out because we have zero chance.

you starting to see the problem yet?

Clockwork Orange
09-12-2009, 10:35 PM

No, by definition, everyone is not. Even Websters would tell you that the Lions and Raiders are hopeless.

And I'd love to see you point out where I ever said the Broncos have no chance or should sit the season out. Do I believe they're a contender, as in a legitimate threat to win the Super Bowl? No, I do not. If that makes me a bad fan in your eyes, well, that's just something I'll have to find a way to live with somehow.

maher_tyler
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
good god, how both had a legitimate chance to reach the SB right?

man, how standards have fallen where we think just making the playoffs is a good season...who gives **** who actually lifts the lombardi at the end of the season right?

lol...

Its a disappointment if your not the champion at the end of the season. And yes, making the playoffs would be a decent season, especially for a first year coach. If the same coach had been the coach of the team for 3-4-5 years and got knocked out the first game of the playoffs, than i'd call that a failure. Hense Brad Childress of Minn. If they don't make the SB, its a failure and Childress will most likely get fired!

maher_tyler
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
No, by definition, everyone is not. Even Websters would tell you that the Lions and Raiders are hopeless.

And I'd love to see you point out where I ever said the Broncos have no chance or should sit the season out. Do I believe they're a contender, as in a legitimate threat to win the Super Bowl? No, I do not. If that makes me a bad fan in your eyes, well, that's just something I'll have to find a way to live with somehow.

I never said you said they have no chance but going off the way you post. I never called you a bad fan either...your just a glass half empty kind of guy so it seems. I'm a half full guy and always have hope for the team..if i didn't, the season would be pretty boring!

Clockwork Orange
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
I never said you said they have no chance but going off the way you post. I never called you a bad fan either...your just a glass half empty kind of guy so it seems. I'm a half full guy and always have hope for the team..if i didn't, the season would be pretty boring!

I promise I'll be rooting for them to succeed just as hard as you will.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Its a disappointment if your not the champion at the end of the season. And yes, making the playoffs would be a decent season, especially for a first year coach. If the same coach had been the coach of the team for 3-4-5 years and got knocked out the first game of the playoffs, than i'd call that a failure. Hense Brad Childress of Minn. If they don't make the SB, its a failure and Childress will most likely get fired!

you're making excuses now. it's always been lombardi or bust in Denver since shanny took over. it's one of the things us fans here have prided ourselves on, the fact that we expect to compete for a championship each and every year.

we no longer have that. we now look towards back dooring our way into the playoffs as a "good" season.

it's ****ing pathetic.

rastaman
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM

How many years had Miami and Atlanta been drafting in the top 10. Point is, Miami by drafting high accumulated talented over the last 7 years. And, Atlanta didn't have Orton as their QB in 2008. Enough said.LOL

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 10:49 PM
do however keep in mind how over-rated draft picks are.

a horrible team is actually hurting itself 9 time out of 10 by drafting in the top 10 due to salary commitments instead of trading out of that spot.

ScottXray
09-12-2009, 11:11 PM
you're making excuses now. it's always been lombardi or bust in Denver since shanny took over. it's one of the things us fans here have prided ourselves on, the fact that we expect to compete for a championship each and every year.

we no longer have that. we now look towards back dooring our way into the playoffs as a "good" season.

it's ****ing pathetic.

Well, John Ralston also said the goal every year was to "go to and win the super bowl". He never got there. But he was the first coach that gave this team some respectability, and a good defense. Red Miller took us to our first bowl with a team that was basically built by Ralston.

Shanahan got us there twice early on. And he continued to preach that goal every year. But in reality his teams got further and further away. Yeah, he could build an offense. But you have to be able to stop the other team at some point and that wasn't happening. So, some of you that thought we were close to going to the bowl again bought into his BS. I didn't for the last three years, and was questioning him somewhat before that. His changing of the DC was his Trump card , and he was out of trump after last season...Played it too many times and couldn't play it again.

Accountability is not just for the new head coach. Acoountability is why Shanahan is not here anymore. If McD fails he will be held accountable, IN THE FUTURE. In the future is after the season, and I would bet that is at least 2 of them.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't need a ****ing history lesson, thanks.

Sure, let's boil it down to accountability. Again, no one cares Shanny is gone based on that.

So let's move past that. Look objectively at what McD has done this off-season and tell me honestly that HIS ACTIONS shouldn't be accountable for how the team performs THIS YEAR.

Accountability runs up and down the entire FO, with the buck stopping at Bowlen. He's decided for the first time ever, to insert himself in area's of the team he has acknowledged in the past that he has no business being in.

The leash is short. They have 16 games to prove they know what they are doing.

Mr.Meanie
09-12-2009, 11:27 PM

Sure, let's boil it down to accountability. Again, no one cares Shanny is gone based on that.

So let's move past that. Look objectively at what McD has done this off-season and tell me honestly that HIS ACTIONS shouldn't be accountable for how the team performs THIS YEAR.

Accountability runs up and down the entire FO, with the buck stopping at Bowlen. He's decided for the first time ever, to insert himself in area's of the team he has acknowledged in the past that he has no business being in.

or what? you'll get really mad?

broncswin
09-12-2009, 11:29 PM

I do consider it being a contender, because once you make the playoffs, anything can happen...you are in the hunt. I do agree that the goal for the year isn't to just make the playoffs and be happy thought.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I do consider it being a contender, because once you make the playoffs, anything can happen...you are in the hunt. I do agree that the goal for the year isn't to just make the playoffs and be happy thought.

that's cute.

broncswin
09-12-2009, 11:31 PM

it's ****ing pathetic.

So you are telling me the last three years you thought we had a great chance of getting that lombardi...i think your football IQ is better than that.

lex
09-12-2009, 11:33 PM
or what? you'll get really mad?

Yeah, and he'll be the only one who is.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 11:35 PM
So you are telling me the last three years you thought we had a great chance of getting that lombardi...i think your football IQ is better than that.

you're goddam right i thought we could compete.

and so did just about every other person in bronco country and i'll bet if i took the time to search your posts, i could find that you did as well.

i know your hindsight is 20/20 and all, but no one gives a ****.

broncswin
09-12-2009, 11:39 PM
you're goddam right i thought we could compete.

and so did just about every other person in bronco country and i'll bet if i took the time to search your posts, i could find that you did as well.

i know your hindsight is 20/20 and all, but no one gives a ****.

LOL...Sure we all hoped, but with D...for you to believe 100%, that is no better than guys thinking we will win it this year. Both examples are just drinking the kool aid:thumbs:

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 11:41 PM
LOL...Sure we all hoped, but with D...for you to believe 100%, that is no better than guys thinking we will win it this year. Both examples are just drinking the kool aid:thumbs:

except we won championships under shanny with mediocre defenses.

go ahead, use your 20/20 hindsight to shed information on the future. it's cute.

broncswin
09-12-2009, 11:43 PM
except we won championships under shanny with mediocre defenses.

go ahead, use your 20/20 hindsight to shed information on the future. it's cute.

Wow, can't believe you are comparing those teams to the last three years Broncos...not even close, even in your 20/20 hindsight...and I know I'm cute:wave:

ScottXray
09-12-2009, 11:45 PM

Or what .....you gonna stop being a fan? You gonna whine and cry?

Face it...if people stop going to games and stop supporting the team at the gate THEN Bowlen will probably do something. It isn't going to happen because of you, lex , rasta or anyone else on this board, or any other, bitching and moaning or carrying on. And it isn't going to happen really fast, even if we are awful (again).

Yes , trading Cutler probably was a mistake, and Bowlen didn't have to trade him. Yes , maybe McD made some draft mistakes. Maybe McD tired to trade Cutler before that, and Maybe not. Nobody here KNOWS what really happened, but the probability is that both sides screwed up in several steps along the way.

It doesn't change the fact that those things are OVER and DONE! What we have now is a new season starting tomorrow. I am going to sit back and SEE what we have, and I'm going to watch for the things that say which way the team is heading. I'm going to HOPE that they win, and win a lot and I'm going to not tlike the losses that are coming. I'm not going to codemn anyone, and I'm not going to decide until that first 16 games is over and done also.
And if 8-8 is where they end up or anything close to that , I'm going to probalby say...."Situation is cloudy....try again" like a magic 8 ball, because I truly believe that a Shanahan team would do no better, and probably worse.

Atwater His Ass
09-12-2009, 11:46 PM
tl:dr version pls

broncswin
09-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Or what .....you gonna stop being a fan? You gonna whine and cry?

Face it...if people stop going to games and stop supporting the team at the gate THEN Bowlen will probably do something. It isn't going to happen because of you, lex , rasta or anyone else on this board, or any other, b****ing and moaning or carrying on. And it isn't going to happen really fast, even if we are awful (again).

Yes , trading Cutler probably was a mistake, and Bowlen didn't have to trade him. Yes , maybe McD made some draft mistakes. Maybe McD tired to trade Cutler before that, and Maybe not. Nobody here KNOWS what really happened, but the probability is that both sides screwed up in several steps along the way.

It doesn't change the fact that those things are OVER and DONE! What we have now is a new season starting tomorrow. I am going to sit back and SEE what we have, and I'm going to watch for the things that say which way the team is heading. I'm going to HOPE that they win, and win a lot and I'm going to not tlike the losses that are coming. I'm not going to codemn anyone, and I'm not going to decide until that first 16 games is over and done also.
And if 8-8 is where they end up or anything close to that , I'm going to probalby say...."Situation is cloudy....try again" like a magic 8 ball, because I truly believe that a Shanahan team would do no better, and probably worse.

Very hard for some to hear that.

baja
09-13-2009, 12:03 AM

My goal for this season is to see the Broncos field a team that plays with cohesiveness and plays hard passionate football, is well coached and has players that believe in the coaching scheme and give a shiit about winning and is improves over the course of the season.

And I don't care what the final win / loss record is.

baja
09-13-2009, 12:20 AM
I find it humorous that today we can find no one that will say Shanny should not have been fired.

A few I remember that felt the world had come to an end when Bowlen made the announcement;

TJ, Rev., So. Cal., lex, rastaman, bronco militia, Bronco 4 life.

Would some of you others remind me of who you were?

Atwater His Ass
09-13-2009, 12:22 AM
many people were shocked by the initial news. then after a little time had passed, we all came to see that yeah, it was time. so what's your point?

McD has made his own bed and now has to deal with those consequences. if you want to give him a pass, that's up to you. the rest of us will hold him accountable for the decisions he's made, for better or worse.

Atwater His Ass
09-13-2009, 12:24 AM
My goal for this season is to see the Broncos field a team that plays with cohesiveness and plays hard passionate football, is well coached and has players that believe in the coaching scheme and give a shiit about winning and is improves over the course of the season.

loser talk.

good to see you've demoted yourself to KC/OAK level of fandom.

i mean, ****, the nfl is really just pop warner for grown men right? who cares about winning or losing as long as you play hard and get orange slices at halftime and ice cream after the game.

cutthemdown
09-13-2009, 12:29 AM

I want all those things also. That would be a good foundation.

But 2 other team in division have big problems also. I think we have to go 2-2 in those games or I would be a tad bummed. I don't know about Chargers. The talent so good they scare me and IMO are way above us, but you never know with them. We always have a shot in Denver.

I've never been happy with 8 wins, but if we could get there and show all the things you talked about, that sure would make the uncapped yr something.

With the playoff teams not being able to sign FA, unless the lose a FA, it could open a lot of players up to the Broncos.

Who knows though next offseason is confusing.

baja
09-13-2009, 12:37 AM
I want all those things also. That would be a good foundation.

But 2 other team in division have big problems also. I think we have to go 2-2 in those games or I would be a tad bummed. I don't know about Chargers. The talent so good they scare me and IMO are way above us, but you never know with them. We always have a shot in Denver.

I've never been happy with 8 wins, but if we could get there and show all the things you talked about, that sure would make the uncapped yr something.

With the playoff teams not being able to sign FA, unless the lose a FA, it could open a lot of players up to the Broncos.

Who knows though next offseason is confusing.

Ya that uncapped year looming is going to make some teams a whole lot better and we could be one. Good point.

BroncoBuff
09-13-2009, 01:07 AM
After Mike said he would retain Slowick as DC, I lost a great deal of respect for him ... the news shocked me, but I never mourned for Mike.

Jay on the other hand ......

lex
09-13-2009, 01:12 AM
I find it humorous that today we can find no one that will say Shanny should not have been fired.

A few I remember that felt the world had come to an end when Bowlen made the announcement;

TJ, Rev., So. Cal., lex, rastaman, bronco militia, Bronco 4 life.

Would some of you others remind me of who you were?

Actually, I think I was in the camp that thought the firing was justified.

TomServo
09-13-2009, 02:20 AM

uh, arizona cardinals? just get into the playoffs healthy and hot and anything can happen.

BioCore
09-13-2009, 02:36 AM
Firing Shanny was and still continues to be a huge mistake as much as I may like McDaniels but again what relevance does this have to this thread?

How every thread needs to be dragged into this is beyond me, the mystery of the Orangemane lives on

footstepsfrom#27
09-13-2009, 02:53 AM
How do you plan to accomplish this?

maher_tyler
09-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Shannahan had to go! I still believe he is an offensive mastermind but his ability to field a competitive defense was just the opposite!! This goes beyond the past 3 years, we've been soft on D for as long as i can remember. Remember the embarrassing loses in the playoffs to the Colts or when Cory Dillon broke the single game rushing record against us...278 yards, as a team they had over 300 yards rushing..that was in 2000. The final straw was when the playoffs were on the line, we got bitch slapped 52-21 on national TV by a division rival! Even when our D was top 5, whenever we faced a team with a good offense we'd get torched. If shanny was still here, so would guys like ****in engleburger, winborn and nate webster...oh yea....and Slowick!! I can't believe some think we would have been better off keeping Shannahan around!!

fontaine
09-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Who cares about Shanahan/Cutler?

That's in the past, however it happened. All I care about is the right now, or soon to be right now once our season begins.

And yes, I'm excited, but still being completely honest that this team HAS SETTLED FOR MEDIOCRITY.

It doesn't matter how you homer it up, but Orton is at best a mediocre, dink and dunk average QB. For this year anyway, McDaniels chose to go with a mediocre QB whether it be Simms or Orton who finishes the season.

And that's the only problem I have with the guy.

But for the record? I thought we fired Shanahan because we were sick of having average to mediocre seasons.