PDA

View Full Version : Will Rothlisberger last the season?

ZONA
09-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Poll coming.

Man o' man was he getting tagged tonight. Not sure if it was because the Titans defense is just that good or the Steelers O line needs some help. Yeah yeah, I know Ben holds the ball a long time but he really needs to. The Steelers didn't have much of a running game at all. Ben is going to be throwing alot and taking a ton of sacks, again. I give him kudos for being tough and all but sooner or later all those shots are gonna add up.

ghwk
09-10-2009, 11:50 PM
I hope so he is my fantasy QB. Damn autodraft.....

ZONA
09-11-2009, 12:00 AM
The thing that I think has to be scary for the Steelers is that not only does Ben take alot of sacks, but often there are Dlinemen around him all the time because he pumps and holds the ball a long time. The chances are higher that somebody is gonna roll into his leg then somebody who gets rid of the ball sooner. He works the pocket very very well but good god I hardly ever see much daylight between him or incoming defenders. Maybe he feels if he can survive a motorcycle crash he can handle some DE's.........hahahaha.

Doggcow
09-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Worst offensive line EVER to win a superbowl last year.

Archer81
09-11-2009, 01:41 AM
There is a reason the steelers only had 35 rushing yards through 4 quarters of play. They are not very good, and rely on Ben to make up for the 2nd and 12 and 3rd and 14's their o line constantly puts them in. They are also pretty lucky to have a defense that can regularly hold opponents to 16 points or less, because the Steelers offense wont get you 25+ game regularly.

:Broncos:

WABronco
09-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Their OL talent is quite underwhelming.

cutthemdown
09-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Yes he's tough like Elway was. He's the closest in the NFL to how Elway played.

jmz313
09-11-2009, 06:47 AM
That Game last night looked liek any other game Big Ben has against a good D. with the exception of the 300 + yards passing. Nothing new getting hit wise.

colonelbeef
09-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Their OL talent is quite underwhelming.

Total falsehood.

He stands in the pocket longer than any other QB in the league, no OL can block for that long that consistently.

backup qb
09-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Yes he's tough like Elway was. He's the closest in the NFL to how Elway played.

I agree completely. I love watching him play. A total playmaker and winner.

TailgateNut
09-11-2009, 07:41 AM
He's definately tough, but how much of that kind of abuse will he be able to endure.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Ben always struggles against a decent 4-3.
It was a good (week 1) game, between 2 teams that should both make the playoffs in 2009.

Always hard to play week 1 against a good opponent, you have no idea what they like to run or what they're good at.

Keep an eye on that KR for Pittsburgh - Stefan Logan - 5 foot nuthin, a hundred and nuthin, ... but the Steelers veterans love him! ;)

Garcia Bronco
09-11-2009, 07:54 AM
I think we can beat them again. Tomlin better figure out his short game

cmhargrove
09-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Total falsehood.

He stands in the pocket longer than any other QB in the league, no OL can block for that long that consistently.

This.

SBboundBroncos
09-11-2009, 08:27 AM
I think we can beat them again. Tomlin better figure out his short game

well our D is the all around cure for poor QB play and Rushing attack . . . hopefully this changes this year

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Total falsehood.

QFT.

I've now agreed with two Lt Beef posts in one day. Sign of the apocalypse.

Oh, and I voted that he'll make it through the season. He's a certified badass. HE is a franchise QB.

broncofan7
09-11-2009, 09:07 AM
QFT.

I've now agreed with two Lt Beef posts in one day. Sign of the apocalypse.

Oh, and I voted that he'll make it through the season. He's a certified badass. HE is a franchise QB.

Don't start that ****. The defense scored 7 points for him in last years SB and took away at LEAST 3. that game should have been 24-20--Cardinals.

the SB against SEA--the officials gave Big Ben a TD on a QB sneak that wasn't and called back some important plays against the Seahawks--otherwise he is 0-2 in Superbowls. Cutler is the BETTER QB and will prove it this year in Chicago with a defense that isn't as good and less talent at the WR position. I believe that Chi hosts PIT this season too---nice attempt to take a swipe at the 2nd best QB in Broncos history.........

ScottXray
09-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Don't start that ****. The defense scored 7 points for him in last years SB and took away at LEAST 3. that game should have been 24-20--Cardinals.

the SB against SEA--the officials gave Big Ben a TD on a QB sneak that wasn't and called back some important plays against the Seahawks--otherwise he is 0-2 in Superbowls. Cutler is the BETTER QB and will prove it this year in Chicago with a defense that isn't as good and less talent at the WR position. I believe that Chi hosts PIT this season too---nice attempt to take a swipe at the 2nd best QB in Broncos history.........

Pitt-CHI game is NEXT week. Gonna be interesting if Pitt brings that pass rush with them.

broncofan7
09-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Pitt-CHI game is NEXT week. Gonna be interesting if Pitt brings that pass rush with them.

Chicago is going to lose to GB this Sunday--and they will be hungry against PIT for their 1st win and it's their home opener--they are going to wipe the mat with Big Ben and the Steelers.....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Chicago is going to lose to GB this Sunday--and they will be hungry against PIT for their 1st win and it's their home opener--they are going to wipe the mat with Big Ben and the Steelers.....

You are one goofy racist bastard.

Chicago's gonna start 0-2.

broncofan7
09-11-2009, 09:25 AM
You are one goofy 1)racist bastard.

Chicago's gonna start 0-2.

1)do explain.

2) guess we'll find out in a little over a week.....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
1) I'm not going down that road with you again.
2) Yes, we certainly will. 0-2.

broncofan7
09-11-2009, 09:47 AM
1) I'm not going down that road with you again.
2) Yes, we certainly will. 0-2.

Because that 'road' is a dead end and is as lost as your theory of me.....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Shall I bring up the numerous times you neg repped me saying I was "a disgrace to my race"?

Dang ol' dead end.

broncofan7
09-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Shall I bring up the numerous times you neg repped me saying I was "a disgrace to my race"?

Dang ol' dead end.

You are just a disgrace PERIOD.