PDA

View Full Version : Scoop Defends Marshall

NeverBeenToDenver
09-10-2009, 09:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/090910&sportCat=nfl

Pretty interesting take. Delete if already posted.

:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

Mr. Elway
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Pretty weird angle. Seems like somewhat of a stretch to me. The Broncos have stood by him on the criminal stuff, and they don't want to draw more attention to it for obvious reasons.

ScottXray
09-10-2009, 09:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/090910&sportCat=nfl

Pretty interesting take. Delete if already posted.

:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

Of course this idiot doesn't explain that BM had asked for the trade and the contract BEFORE the trial, and had even posted goodbyes to the fans in his blog

"Scoop" is a misnomer....he got PLAYED.

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 09:43 PM
"Two Pro Bowls?"

Oops.

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Of course this idiot doesn't explain that BM had asked for the trade and the contract BEFORE the trial, and had even posted goodbyes to the fans in his blog

"Scoop" is a misnomer....he got PLAYED.
I lean to the theory that the trade talk in the beginning was motivated by money, but the kindergarten snit fit was exactly what he said; a reaction to the idiotic bungling of this thing by the PR guy.

Besides...Whitlock hates Scoop Jackson so the guy can't be all bad. :thumbs:

uplink
09-10-2009, 09:57 PM
If one is with a women who has falsely claimed that you abused her and you are not married and do not have kids, why continue to hang around with her? (there are multiple cases with this particular women right?) I don't get it.

Even if he is innocent of it all the players should not gloat about a serious issue IMO.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Why say anything at all? The team had no reason to comment or to instruct the players on what to say. How could they not know that would get back to him? Who hasn't seen this kind of stuff in the office? Somebody says don't tell so-and-so such-and-such...etc...

It never ends well.

ScottXray
09-10-2009, 10:04 PM
I lean to the theory that the trade talk in the beginning was motivated by money, but the kindergarten snit fit was exactly what he said; a reaction to the idiotic bungling of this thing by the PR guy.

Might be some of that. But they also again refused to give him a trade or a new contract.

BM had his snit fit well after that PR guy episodeafter the team had apologised for it, and after that he had been warned to cut the attitude in practice ... ...though with his Tude problems he probably is the type that Stews in his own juices, getting hotter and hotter, until the pressure blows off...usually in a self destructive way. The Warning was the final straw?

I honestly hope he has decided to just go be the BEST football player he can be, and know that THAT will result in his getting paid and a new contract.

The whole problem is when he gets upset the next time, and whether he aan rein himself in.

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Might be some of that. But they also again refused to give him a trade or a new contract.

BM had his snit fit well after that PR guy episodeafter the team had apologised for it, and after that he had been warned to cut the attitude in practice ... ...though with his Tude problems he probably is the type that Stews in his own juices, getting hotter and hotter, until the pressure blows off...usually in a self destructive way. The Warning was the final straw?

I honestly hope he has decided to just go be the BEST football player he can be, and know that THAT will result in his getting paid and a new contract.

The whole problem is when he gets upset the next time, and whether he aan rein himself in.
After witnessing how this guy behaved in the face of being challenged/confronted by his employer even knowing it was going to hurt his paycheck and his trade value, is there any doubt how he'd respond to a woman who didn't do what he wanted?

UberBroncoMan
09-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Honestly what I read was something I expected out of a guy like "Scoop."

Hogan11
09-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Honestly what I read was something I expected out of a guy like "Scoop."

Scoop is an instant dismissal....his name on the article really translates to "move along, nothing of value to be seen here".

Clockwork Orange
09-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Stoop Jackson is a ****ing clown. I'm surprised he managed to get his head out of Kobe Bryant's ass long enough to pound out this drivel.

ScottXray
09-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Stoop Jackson is a ****ing clown. I'm surprised he managed to get his head out of Kobe Bryant's ass long enough to pound out this drivel.

Well he saw a light in there, and found it was a BM with a flashlight and that story.... He probably e-mailed it in as he was close to another Big Move and couldn't take a chance that Josina would Twitter it out before he got it posted.

Clockwork Orange
09-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Well he saw a light in there, and found it was a BM with a flashlight and that story.... He probably e-mailed it in as he was close to another Big Move and couldn't take a chance that Josina would Twitter it out before he got it posted.

What's really puzzling about that article is his list of "bona fide superstars." Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Michael Vick and Ben Roethlisberger. Brady, yes. Roethlisbeger, I guess you could make a case, but Favre and Vick? A washed up 39 year old attention whoring INT machine and a guy who just spent 18 months in the hole are "bona fide superstars?"

ZONA
09-10-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't buy it at all. No sir. I think the reason for the blow up was BM was expecting the new contract once he was found NOT GUILTY. The Broncos reply was, nope no new contract. Then came the frustration and the practice demonstrations. BM just could not understand why he would not be given the extension or pay raise once he was found NOT GUILTY and therefor would not be suspended by the league. He was baffled, then pissed. It's not hard to understand that "angle" at all.

Clockwork Orange
09-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Brandon Marshall has been pouting since the summer because he was denied a new contract and/or a trade. He's even pissier because he knows he can't do jack sprat about it, so he decided to toss a fit. Of course, Stoop Jackson, in his endless quest to be the biggest player suckup in the media this side of Dan LaRetard, gloms on to the one instance in which the Broncos front office took a misstep with him and acts as if they inflicted emotional scars on poor Brandon from which he'll never heal. Spare me.

lex
09-10-2009, 11:38 PM

No, Scoop sucks worse than Whitlock. He's kind of been the Stuart Scott of print.

bronclvr
09-11-2009, 05:36 AM
Anybody listen to Sirius NFL Radio this morning? Shannon Sharpe was on, and basically Rod Smith talked to Brandon and then had Shannon talk to him-sounds like Shannon tried to reason with Brandon-ya gotta love Rod Smith!

rastaman
09-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Anybody listen to Sirius NFL Radio this morning? Shannon Sharpe was on, and basically Rod Smith talked to Brandon and then had Shannon talk to him-sounds like Shannon tried to reason with Brandon-ya gotta love Rod Smith!

Well Shannon knows what its like to haggle over a contract with the team and HC he helped to win 2 consecutive SB's with. As we all recall, Sharpe had to Denver for his big day. It all worked out well for Sharpe, he even managed to get his 3rd SB ring after he left Denver; and 3 or 4 years later Sharpe returned to Denver and retired a Bronco.

This is the story Sharpe told Marshall while telling him to go out there and just play smart, stay injury free (if possible) and the big pay day and new team will "Come-a-Knockin"! :strong:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Black athlete in trouble? With the law or otherwise?

Here comes Scoop Jackson or Jemele Hill to defend them!

colonelbeef
09-11-2009, 06:43 AM
I refuse to take sides when it comes to millionaire athletes arguing with multimillion dollar corporations over money. I just want it resolved.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-11-2009, 06:44 AM
I refuse to take sides when it comes to millionaire athletes arguing with multimillion dollar corporations over money. I just want it resolved.

I generally find your posts to be misguided and self-serving. But I agree with you 1000000% on that, Lt. Beef.

rastaman
09-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Black athlete in trouble? With the law or otherwise?

Here comes Scoop Jackson or Jemele Hill to defend them!

Race will always be a conversation due to the history race has played in sports. Its not going away anytime soon.

Garcia Bronco
09-11-2009, 06:48 AM
LOL...scoop jackson.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Race will always be a conversation due to the history race has played in sports. Its not going away anytime soon.

Probably true.

But when I can accurately predict which side of the fence a certain columnist will come down on, it's time to get a new schtick.