PDA

View Full Version : When will Marshall enter Sunday's game?

broncosteven
09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
The Broncos HC said the following:

Receiver Brandon Marshall, who led Denver in receptions the past two years, has had a "good week of practice," according to McDaniels. "I'm hopeful all our players will contribute. Brandon certainly will. He had a good week of practice. Hopefully he'll have two more good days here. We're going to use a lot of people. It's going to be hot, the first game of the season and the first time all these guys will play four quarters worth of football. He should be out there a bunch."

I was wondering if he would hold Marshall out of a portion of the game "to teach him a lesson" or just put the past behind them all and start him.

When do you think Marshall will see the field?

Poll to follow

KS Bronco
09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
if he's ready, start him... we certainly need his talent!

Hogan11
09-10-2009, 05:45 PM
He'll start, but he won't be in all game long

lex
09-10-2009, 05:50 PM
After he signs the agreement to disavow anything associated with Mike Shanahan and pledges to give Josh McDaniels credit for anything one might perceive as praise.

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
He won't start, but he'll come in right away, between the 3rd and 5th play.

yhova
09-10-2009, 06:03 PM
He'll probably catch the first pass play, punt the ball into the stands and get ejected.

Broncos123
09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
McDaniels will play the best players

cutthemdown
09-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I will go with he comes in the first play.

dbfan4life
09-10-2009, 06:51 PM
He'll start and see substantial playing time.

listopencil
09-10-2009, 07:24 PM
He'll probably catch the first pass play, punt the ball into the stands and get ejected.

Nice.

listopencil
09-10-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm thinking we see Marshall and Royal in the 3-Wide on the first play. Just not sure who the third WR will be on first down.

Bronx33
09-10-2009, 07:27 PM

Seems plausible.

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
McD will sit him the first series just to make some kind of point.

baja
09-10-2009, 08:31 PM
After he signs the agreement to disavow anything associated with Mike Shanahan and pledges to give Josh McDaniels credit for anything one might perceive as praise.

Do you hate Santa Claus too?

baja
09-10-2009, 08:32 PM
McDaniels will play the best players

This!

baja
09-10-2009, 08:39 PM

McD has already made his point and marshall can back ready to play and he will play alot.

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 08:45 PM
McD has already made his point and marshall can back ready to play and he will play alot.
Of course he'll play, but will he "start"? If he sits the first series he gets a another gametime reminder of who the boss is...no?

baja
09-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Of course he'll play, but will he "start"? If he sits the first series he gets a another gametime reminder of who the boss is...no?

If he doesn't start I wouldn't read that much into it, after all he has missed a lot of time and admits he doesn't know the play book as good as he should but having said that I do expect him to start. It would be the smart play by McD.

listopencil
09-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I'll go so far as to say that if Marshall doesn't "start" then McD is a dumbass.

BabyTO
09-10-2009, 09:08 PM
They already "taught" him a lesson by suspending him for 2 games. Right now is not the time to punish him. McDaniels would punish his own team if he kept Marshall out during a regular season game.

ScottXray
09-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll wager that he will go in the game the first time the Broncos have the ball on offense. But maybe not the first play. That will be a running play, three TE set.

cutthemdown
09-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Also Cincy's 3rd CB is out. Mcdaniels comes from that school of thought where you change up your game plan to suit each team. You run formations that put what you feel are there weakest players on the field.

So already teams like Pats, Broncos etc like to go 3 WR if they feel your 3rd corner not that good.

Since the 4th corner is now at 3rd, that moves some real shaking of the backfield if you go 4 WR.

Depending on how the Broncos can handle the pass rush look for Marshal to not only start, but for the Broncos to be 4 wide a lot.

We could see a Marshall/Royal/Gaffney/Stokely thing with Royal and Stokes both inside.

It all depends on if Mcdaniels feels he can run on the bengals. But with there 3rd corner out you can bet some player like Stokely licking his chops.

Bronco Yoda
09-11-2009, 03:17 AM
I'm betting he starts and McD get's him involved very early on.

rastaman
09-11-2009, 05:26 AM
Do you hate Santa Claus too?

Actually, when Brandon's name is annouce some fans will "Boo", BMarsh will run on the field get to the sidelines turn to the booing fans and salute with the "Middle Finger" at all those moralistic judgemental fans who only view him as "Meat-on-Hoff"! ;D

LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL! :thumbsup:

backup qb
09-11-2009, 06:35 AM
I say he sits out first series. Beginning with 2nd series, lets put the bullsh*t behind us and try to win some damn games. Actually, I guess we should always be doing that, but you get my point.

colonelbeef
09-11-2009, 06:55 AM
he'll start, McDaniels can't risk losing the team so early in the season.

Old Dude
09-11-2009, 07:35 AM
I don't think it's that big of an issue whether he starts the first play or not. For all we know, McD might start (against all expectations) with Royal, Hillis and 2 TEs.

The question is how much he's going to play and McD has already indicated that he expects all of the WRs to see considerable action, given not only the fact that he runs a lot of 4 WR sets, but also that he expects hot weather. It could be in the low 80s by gametime.

We'll see Marshall for sure, and I expect he'll be in a lot. But I strongly doubt that he'll be the focus of the offense.

El Guapo
09-11-2009, 07:52 AM
He'll be out there from the start. Go get 'em! Welcome back to the team.

kamakazi_kal
09-11-2009, 07:58 AM

that would be frickin awesome ........ in my mind ...... not in real life.

loborugger
09-11-2009, 08:45 AM

You bring a lot to the table.

c_lazy_r
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM

Dude, WTF is wrong with you?

Br0nc0Buster
09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Dude, WTF is wrong with you?

do you have to ask

skpac1001
09-11-2009, 09:14 AM
I don't think it's that big of an issue whether he starts the first play or not. For all we know, McD might start (against all expectations) with Royal, Hillis and 2 TEs.

The question is how much he's going to play and McD has already indicated that he expects all of the WRs to see considerable action, given not only the fact that he runs a lot of 4 WR sets, but also that he expects hot weather. It could be in the low 80s by gametime.

We'll see Marshall for sure, and I expect he'll be in a lot. But I strongly doubt that he'll be the focus of the offense.

I agree with this.
Marshall will be rotated in and out quite a bit.
He didn't have much productive camp time to get in football shape and his knowledge of the playbook is probably still a work in progress so he won't be featured, but he will be rotated in when the situation fits.

broncosteven
09-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I just wonder if the coach has put this behind him or if he will hold him out a play or series as added punishment. I think the suspension should be enough and he should be on the field as the matchup's and his health dictate.

c_lazy_r
09-11-2009, 10:19 AM
do you have to ask

Yea, good point.

lex
09-11-2009, 10:22 AM
do you have to ask

Baaaah.

Hotrod
09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
From what I've heard his first play maybe as a gunner on the punt team.

Rohirrim
09-11-2009, 10:41 AM

You're a turd in the swimming pool on a hot day.

TheDave
09-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Also Cincy's 3rd CB is out. Mcdaniels comes from that school of thought where you change up your game plan to suit each team. You run formations that put what you feel are there weakest players on the field.
So already teams like Pats, Broncos etc like to go 3 WR if they feel your 3rd corner not that good.

Since the 4th corner is now at 3rd, that moves some real shaking of the backfield if you go 4 WR.

Depending on how the Broncos can handle the pass rush look for Marshal to not only start, but for the Broncos to be 4 wide a lot.

We could see a Marshall/Royal/Gaffney/Stokely thing with Royal and Stokes both inside.

It all depends on if Mcdaniels feels he can run on the bengals. But with there 3rd corner out you can bet some player like Stokely licking his chops.

and you think this is unique?

As for Marshall, I am way beyond guessing what this guy will do.

broncocalijohn
09-11-2009, 11:15 AM

maybe because he doesnt deserve to start? Flava Clown will come in right before the 1st quarter ends. He hasnt played much in the preseason, gets suspended and didnt know the playbook. He doesnt deserve to start.

lex
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
You're a turd in the swimming pool on a hot day.

Ahhh. That makes me sad. On a side note, maybe you should either change your diet or stop going to public pools.

broncswin
09-11-2009, 12:51 PM

THIS!:afro:

broncswin
09-11-2009, 12:56 PM
After he signs the agreement to disavow anything associated with Mike Shanahan and pledges to give Josh McDaniels credit for anything one might perceive as praise.[/QUOTE]

:punched::bash:4321~:bronxrox: