PDA

View Full Version : Delusional Bengal Fans

UberBroncoMan
09-10-2009, 04:22 AM
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=50921

At least we have realism in predictions... some of the **** out of these retards mouths is simply hilarious.

They have a few who talk with reason but the vaaaaaast majority are simply idiots.

I have to give Broncos fans one thing... for the most part our score predictions aren't insane. For example this game... I doubt most people have any one team blowing the other out.

watermock
09-10-2009, 04:36 AM
Fact: We have no QB.

Fact: Our probowl WR is questionable.

It's a Bengals forum.

Who cares?

All Denver has to do is win.

Got it?

DarkHorse
09-10-2009, 04:56 AM
Fact: We have no QB.

Fact: Our probowl WR is questionable.

It's a Bengals forum.

Who cares?

All Denver has to do is win.

Got it?

I thought we had 3 QB's on our roster?

Who the hell is lining up under center for us Sunday, a WR?

My facts could be off tho.

Ramathorn
09-10-2009, 05:03 AM
just win baby! wait, did i really say that?

tsiguy96
09-10-2009, 05:03 AM
broncos win 74-2. orton steps out the back of the endzone for the bengals lone points.

Ratboy
09-10-2009, 05:16 AM
Eh, they both are ****ty teams.

I hope we win, but we'll see. It's way too hard to predict any games right now. We have a new head coach and we have not seen anything outside of some vanilla preseason games.

I think we'll know our fate 5 games in.

DrFate
09-10-2009, 06:21 AM
I don't think those 'predictions' are any more delusional than similiar ones made on this board...

Tombstone RJ
09-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Bengals fans are some of the most disfunctional and delusional fans in the NFL. Really, can you blame them?

That being said, that fan site is just way better than this place (with all the cool sigs and avatars) and that is why they are so confident. Really, its all about style.

See, now I'm thinking like a bungles fan...

Meck77
09-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Last time we played them NOBODY thought the Bengals could win. It was 2004. They hadn't had a MNF game there in like 15 years. Their crowd was so pumped it was basically a playoff game atmosphere. I got to town a couple days early and EVERY bungal fan around town said "I hope your Broncos take it easy on us". Well they pounded us 23-10. At least this time we're the underdogs.

Oh and Chad Johnson did destroy Champ Bailey in that game. He torched him for a 50 yarder and ended up with 149 yds on 7 receptions.

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Last time we played them NOBODY thought the Bengals could win. It was 2004. They hadn't had a MNF game there in like 15 years. Their crowd was so pumped it was basically a playoff game atmosphere. I got to town a couple days early and EVERY bungal fan around town said "I hope your Broncos take it easy on us". Well they pounded us 23-10. At least this time we're the underdogs.

Oh and Chad Johnson did destroy Champ Bailey in that game. He torched him for a 50 yarder and ended up with 149 yds on 7 receptions.

No.

Last time we played them it was 2006, in Denver and they botched the xtra point so Denver won instead of going to OT.

I'm appalled you don't know that SuperFan

cmhargrove
09-10-2009, 06:53 AM
broncos win 74-2. orton steps out the back of the endzone for the bengals lone points.

I had Ocho down for a drop kick in the fourth quarter.

Good guys - 74
Tiger cats - 5

Meck77
09-10-2009, 06:54 AM
No.

Last time we played them it was 2006, in Denver and they botched the xtra point so Denver won instead of going to OT.

I'm appalled you don't know that SuperFan

@ Cincy.

Go **** yourself.

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 07:08 AM
@ Cincy.

Go **** yourself.

Brb, sending this conversation to that magazine to have your "Fan of the Year" award retracted.

jhns
09-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Do you really think bronco fans have room to talk? "Orton is better than Cutler!" "Who cares if we get 4 wins, we only had 8 last year and we needed change. Changing to a 4 win team is exactly what we needed!"

Really.... Bronco fans have become some of the most delusional fans on Earth.

Dagmar
09-10-2009, 07:12 AM
At least they have pretty logos...

http://boards.bengals.com/images/broncos.gif

colonelbeef
09-10-2009, 07:22 AM
so they have tsiguy and popps of their own, not surprising. Delusion knows no boundaries

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 07:53 AM
I have to give Broncos fans one thing... for the most part our score predictions aren't insane. For example this game... I doubt most people have any one team blowing the other out.
What the heck are you reading? There's nothing insane about those predictions. Here are the predictions on that page:

Bengals win:
17-9
24-20
38-13
17-14
21-10
24-10
31-28 OT
34-9
17-6
31-21
31-16
27-13
13-10
31-10
45-17

Denver wins:
13-9

The average of these predictions is very realistic.

Popcorn Sutton
09-10-2009, 08:08 AM

The famous George Foster cut block game? That was a bad night all around.

Jason in LA
09-10-2009, 08:10 AM
What the heck are you reading? There's nothing insane about those predictions. Here are the predictions on that page:

Bengals win:
17-9
24-20
38-13
17-14
21-10
24-10
31-28 OT
34-9
17-6
31-21
31-16
27-13
13-10
31-10
45-17

Denver wins:
13-9

The average of these predictions is very realistic.

That's the same thing I thought. Most of them had the game within 10 to 14 points. It's a Cincy site, so they are going to predict a win. That's to be expected. The ones predicting a blowout are being dumb homers, but most of them aren't being that.

Popcorn Sutton
09-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Do you really think bronco fans have room to talk? "Orton is better than Cutler!" "Who cares if we get 4 wins, we only had 8 last year and we needed change. Changing to a 4 win team is exactly what we needed!"

Really.... Bronco fans have become some of the most delusional fans on Earth.

You should really start a poll. There may be a select few out there that actually believe he is a better QB but for the most part I think everyone agrees that it's no contest.

I've noticed you and several other posters mention this and quite frankly I'm at a loss for words. Is it because some people are trying to remain positive on Orton like myself? Or, are there people that are actually saying QB to QB, Orton is better?

BTW, I agree with Buff. The predictions seemed fair to me.

Peoples Champ
09-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Broncos 100

Bengals 3

.....................halftime

Punisher
09-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Those quotes are hilarious, especially considering I just heard on ESPN radio the other day (may have been on Mike and Mike), that the Broncos could very well be the worst team in the league this season.

Shame

Los Broncos
09-10-2009, 08:31 AM
It's going to be a close game, hopefully we win.

Punisher
09-10-2009, 08:32 AM
At least they have Sigs and Avatars

Killericon
09-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Unfortunately, I believe half- time adjustments by Denver's coaching staff are the difference in an ugly offensive game. Denver 13 Bengals 9.

Man...Denver making half-time adjustments. I never thought I'd see the day.

Jason in LA
09-10-2009, 08:39 AM

To add on to the last time the Broncos played them, Champ shut Chad down but the media didn't say much about that. And there was a pick that Champ had where he was covering Chad, then left him when the ball was thrown to a different receiver. That year QBs really couldn't throw the ball anywhere near Champ.

Irish Stout
09-10-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one around here who thinks we've got more than a shot at actually taking the opening game this year.

The Bengals could for sure be a suprise team and there is no denying they are sporting three of the best WRs in the league. Cedric Benson is growing into a bigger threat every year, but opening a hole for him is about the only thing that their O-line can do. I think if the Broncos can contain the run and pressure the QB and our secondary can prevent more than a few big passing plays, I think that its our game. If we can get two sacks on Palmer early, our D will have an advantage over their O.

I have very little idea what to expect from our Offense, but I do expect to see Hillis running over people and Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall, Graham, Scheffler and Stokely having the time to get open. I do not see their D as getting through to Orton that often, unless they are putting 8 in the box... in which case I have to believe that Orton is well versed enough in the short route throws to make them pay.

Man - F*ck the Bengals! F*ck Ohio! F*ck Cinci! Rockies took em over the last three days, and the Broncos have the ability to close on Sunday. Go Broncos!

jhns
09-10-2009, 08:47 AM
You should really start a poll. There may be a select few out there that actually believe he is a better QB but for the most part I think everyone agrees that it's no contest.

I've noticed you and several other posters mention this and quite frankly I'm at a loss for words. Is it because some people are trying to remain positive on Orton like myself? Or, are there people that are actually saying QB to QB, Orton is better?

BTW, I agree with Buff. The predictions seemed fair to me.

I am not saying everyone that doesn't agree with me about us screwing this offseason up is delussional if that is what you are asking. Yes, I have seen man people say orton is actually better than cutler. A lot of it is homers that are just butthurt and another chunk use things like his record or turnovers(which they don't research as he turns it over at the same rate, as in per pass). I bet orton would get votes in a poll here although this forum isn't as bad as most about this issue. Still, their fans would have no problem pullong some rediculous quotes and predictions from bronco fans right now.

I do think you are delussional if you think either a) orton is better than cutler, or b) the team is better without cutler.

I like what I have seen from the defense and special teams as they look top be much improved. I still don't think we come close to winning 8 games again. With cutler, this team would actually be looking scary now. Middle of the pack defense on a team that won 8 games with the franchises worst ever defense is a scary thought. To bad the offense isn't close to being the same.

Irish Stout
09-10-2009, 08:57 AM
I am not saying everyone that doesn't agree with me about us screwing this offseason up is delussional if that is what you are asking. Yes, I have seen man people say orton is actually better than cutler. A lot of it is homers that are just butthurt and another chunk use things like his record or turnovers(which they don't research as he turns it over at the same rate, as in per pass). I bet orton would get votes in a poll here although this forum isn't as bad as most about this issue. Still, their fans would have no problem pullong some rediculous quotes and predictions from bronco fans right now.

I do think you are delussional if you think either a) orton is better than cutler, or b) the team is better without cutler.

I like what I have seen from the defense and special teams as they look top be much improved. I still don't think we come close to winning 8 games again. With cutler, this team would actually be looking scary now. Middle of the pack defense on a team that won 8 games with the franchises worst ever defense is a scary thought. To bad the offense isn't close to being the same.

I've never said we're better without Cutler. Cutler was one of the most exciting elite passing talents I have ever seen. He made some mistakes, but the kid was a spectacular athlete. I will miss the downfield blocks he'd throw after screens and the knowledge that at any second Eddie could be catching a 60 yard pass.

Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that the trade may be what was really best for Cutler that he will finally grow into a mature, smart and developed QB on a team with less offensive weapons where smarter throws are required. He already appears to be acting more like the professional he was supposed to be.

Cutler was hardly in Denver when it was regular season, he could hardly wait to go back to Nashville. I don't think he was ever happy here, and if you have players who aren't happier here then you have an interesting conundrum - are you better with happier players with less talent or moody players with top tier talent? Personally I like a team that works well together, is happy together, and is happy and excited to play for Denver. God, I wish Cutler was happy in Denver. But for now, I will take the Orton medicine and hope for the best.

Old Dude
09-10-2009, 09:00 AM
I think Cincy's offensive line has a lot of problems, which is one of the reasons that Palmer's been getting banged up the past season or so. Broken nose, elbow injury, ankle sprain... etc.

Our front 7 aren't that good, but I think they'll do okay against the Bengals. I don't see us getting blown out on D.

I just don't know what to expect out of our offense. Orton's not 100%. Kuper's coming off of an injury. Marshall and Moreno have had very few reps. They might surprise and look better than anyone expects, or they might fall flat on their faces.

I have a feeling that it's going to be a low-scoring game decided primarily by special teams, turnovers and penalties. Ugly stuff that hasn't been cutting our way in a long while.

Popcorn Sutton
09-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Yes, I have seen man people say orton is actually better than cutler.

Do you have any examples, I'm just curious?

And no, I don't want to see an example like "Oh, he has better red zone numbers," or "Orton has a better winning percentage."

Your claim is that people have been saying Orton is a better QB period, and I haven't seen it.

Punisher
09-10-2009, 09:48 AM

And no, I don't want to see an example like "Oh, he has better red zone numbers," or "Orton has a better winning percentage."

Your claim is that people have been saying Orton is a better QB period, and I haven't seen it.

What have you been for the last 4 Years? Orton is the best QB in the NFL :welcome:

55CrushEm
09-10-2009, 09:51 AM

For the last f-ing time............about 100 of Ocho's yards in that game came on 2 plays.....on one, Champ slipped (ok, his bad), and the ball was actually underthrown....so had he not slipped, not only would Ocho NOT have gotten a 50 yard TD....but Champ most likely would have picked it off. On the other play, Ocho perpetrated one of the most blatantly obvious offensive pass interferences I've ever seen....even Michaeals and Madden said they could not believe it wasn't called.

If you take those two "abnormal" plays away.....Ocho would've had a ho-hum 40-yard night......

Meck77
09-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Sure you can rewrite the games history if you like. Can you add two touchdowns to our score and put me back in Cincy that weekend? Sure would like to relive that weekend with a Broncos victory. Thanks in advance.

Popcorn Sutton
09-10-2009, 10:02 AM
What have you been for the last 4 Years? Orton is the best QB in the NFL :welcome:

Well, there you go. :notworthy

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 10:03 AM
For the last f-ing time............about 100 of Ocho's yards in that game came on 2 plays.....on one, Champ slipped (ok, his bad), and the ball was actually underthrown....so had he not slipped, not only would Ocho NOT have gotten a 50 yard TD....but Champ most likely would have picked it off. On the other play, Ocho perpetrated one of the most blatantly obvious offensive pass interferences I've ever seen....even Michaeals and Madden said they could not believe it wasn't called.

If you take those two "abnormal" plays away.....Ocho would've had a ho-hum 40-yard night......

IF is a small word, but........can make the BIGGEST difference.

If we hadn't dropped the A-Bomb....
If Elway hadn't done that "Helicopter spin"....
If ........

Well, you get the point.

Chris
09-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I think Cincy's offensive line has a lot of problems, which is one of the reasons that Palmer's been getting banged up the past season or so. Broken nose, elbow injury, ankle sprain... etc.

Our front 7 aren't that good, but I think they'll do okay against the Bengals. I don't see us getting blown out on D.

I just don't know what to expect out of our offense. Orton's not 100%. Kuper's coming off of an injury. Marshall and Moreno have had very few reps. They might surprise and look better than anyone expects, or they might fall flat on their faces.

I have a feeling that it's going to be a low-scoring game decided primarily by special teams, turnovers and penalties. Ugly stuff that hasn't been cutting our way in a long while.

Except our ST looked great for the most part in preseason. Is Kuper probable?

broncofan7
09-10-2009, 10:09 AM
At least they have Sigs and Avatars

seriously--I should buy this site from Taco and upgrade the server company....

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Bengals fans are some of the most disfunctional and delusional fans in the NFL. Really, can you blame them?

That being said, that fan site is just way better than this place (with all the cool sigs and avatars) and that is why they are so confident. Really, its all about style.

See, now I'm thinking like a bungles fan...
I've trolled all over the web on different fan boards and I honestly think all NFL fans are the same reguardless of team loyalty. They are all basically for the most part uneducated about other teams, dillusional about the abilities of their own, unlikely to see themselves that way but willing to view other fans in that light and best of all, utterly unaware of all this. The only real exception?

This: www.raiderfans.net Here we're not talking delusional, we're talking pathological...as in criminally insane. ;D

jhns
09-10-2009, 10:18 AM

I will get you some examples later. I don't even know how to highlight text on thid phone, and I would need that to learn how to copy and paste it. I will show you some when I get back to a computer. Like I said though, make that poll and I bet you see people vote Orton. Although, maybe the delussional fans have stopped with that talk after watching orton in the preseason.

gyldenlove
09-10-2009, 10:29 AM

That is what I want to see, I want our defensive front to rush 5 all day and come after Benson and Palmer, their offensive line is not very good anymore.

I also want to see our offensive line take it to the Bengals, just ram Hillis and Buckhalter down their throat all day behind Clady. We have a monster, lets turn him lose and force them to stop us, like the good old days.

Popps
09-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one around here who thinks we've got more than a shot at actually taking the opening game this year.

You're not alone in your optimism. This board happens to be patrolled heavily by trolls and bashers disguising themselves as fans.

For one, the line on the game is Broncos +4. So, clearly... the betting public sees us as less than a TD underdog.

Anything could happen in this game. Nothing would shock me, including a Broncos victory.

That said, I think it'll be tough... being an away game, and our first time running live with new systems on both sides of the ball. (Not to mention a QB with a finger issue, Moreno out, etc.)

But, I think a mistake-free performance could earn us a win. The Bengals are not a dominant team.

Mr.Meanie
09-10-2009, 10:54 AM
You're not alone in your optimism. This board happens to be patrolled heavily by trolls and bashers disguising themselves as fans.

For one, the line on the game is Broncos +4. So, clearly... the betting public sees us as less than a TD underdog.

Anything could happen in this game. Nothing would shock me, including a Broncos victory.

That said, I think it'll be tough... being an away game, and our first time running live with new systems on both sides of the ball. (Not to mention a QB with a finger issue, Moreno out, etc.)

But, I think a mistake-free performance could earn us a win. The Bengals are not a dominant team.

Moreno is out for the game?

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 10:57 AM

FYI, over 70% of the action has been on the Bengals GIVING points.

75% of the "team experts" are taking Cinci

61% of the top 10% taking Cinci

Thanks to Vegas Bronco for link:

http://contests.covers.com/Handicapping/consensusPick/daily-consensus-picks.aspx?sport=1&date=9/13/2009&select_type=0

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 11:13 AM

http://contests.covers.com/Handicapping/consensusPick/daily-consensus-picks.aspx?sport=1&date=9/13/2009&select_type=0

And??

Generally the home team recieves a 2-1/2 to 3 point home field advantage (unless the suck balls). Currently the line is at 4- 4-1/2 point in favor of the Bungles. That puts them as a theoretical 1- 1-1/2 point favorite.

All this is based on the incoming money to balance the books in favor of the bookies.

I can guaruantee that many of these bookies wish there wasn't a 1st game each season, because it's all speculation until you see the action on the field. The same type of speculation we constantly see here on the OM. (We're not going to win over 3 games, we're going to the playoffs, blah, blah, blah....)

I used to run a "looser pool" at the local pub and the largest number of people loose their spot in the first week because they rely on the vegas line.

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
And??

AND I'm correcting a false statement made.

I understand you're stupid but even you can see how "So, clearly... the betting public sees us as less than a TD underdog"

First off, book makers aren't the betting public... they're setting the line to where they can get the most action. I posted the betting stats, so an accurate statement is that the betting public sees us as losing by more than 4 points.

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 11:43 AM

I understand you're stupid but even you can see how "So, clearly... the betting public sees us as less than a TD underdog"

First off, book makers aren't the betting public... they're setting the line to where they can get the most action. I posted the betting stats, so an accurate statement is that the betting public sees us as losing by more than 4 points.

.....and the "betting public" is who???

Your run of the mill dumbass trying to make a buck.

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 11:44 AM
.....and the "betting public" is who???

Your run of the mill dumbass trying to make a buck.

Could care less. I didn't make the statement, just corrected it. :thumbsup:

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 11:44 AM

OH, I forgot: What false statement are you correcting?

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Could care less. I didn't make the statement, just corrected it. :thumbsup:

Which statement?

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals

Game Time: 01:00 pm

Denver Broncos 43
Cincinnati Bengals -4

Here's the current line

which also for the mathematically challenged equates to Broncos +4

55CrushEm
09-10-2009, 11:50 AM
IF is a small word, but........can make the BIGGEST difference.

If we hadn't dropped the A-Bomb....
If Elway hadn't done that "Helicopter spin"....
If ........

Well, you get the point.

I understand "if's" make a big difference in the outcome of the game.....I was illustrating an example of how stats (very often) don't tell the whole story. Yes, stats tell a story....but not the whole story.

If you (or Meck) want to think that Champ got "abused" or "embarrassed" by Ocho in that game....I just disagree. I know that there are missed calls all the time.....but then there are calls that are just so obvious that you can't believe the ref missed it......that offensive PA was one of the worst missed calls I've ever seen. And yes, Champ slipped on another play, in which the ball was underthrown.

I don't know if we would have won the game or not, had those 2 plays not occurred....but when you really look at what happened.....it's hard to say Champ got "abused". That's all I'm saying.

Rather than saying he got abused.....I would argue that Ochomoutho was "fortunate" to have gotten away with a PA, and "fortunate" to have Champ slip on a pass that would've otherwise been a pick.

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
OH, I forgot: What false statement are you correcting?

Jesus Christ, I bolded it and re-cut and pasted it again. I'm guessing you can count your IQ on your fingers and toes?

Really slowly now... this is the false statement that I corrected:

Beantown Bronco
09-10-2009, 12:09 PM
At least we have realism in predictions... some of the **** out of these retards mouths is simply hilarious.

I beg to differ:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84104

boppool
09-10-2009, 12:22 PM
http://boards.bengals.com/images/broncos.gif 27
http://boards.bengals.com/images/bengals.gif 23

You saw it here first!

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM
http://boards.bengals.com/images/broncos.gif 27
http://boards.bengals.com/images/bengals.gif 23

You saw it here first!

Pretty colors...............

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Jesus Christ, I bolded it and re-cut and pasted it again. I'm guessing you can count your IQ on your fingers and toes?

Really slowly now... this is the false statement that I corrected:

That is the LINE on the Broncos you dimwit. Speaking of LOW IQ.

I know you have a hard time understanding the correlation between Bronco+4 and Bengals-4, but for the rest of us, it's the SAME.

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 12:31 PM
That is the LINE on the Broncos you dimwit. Speaking of LOW IQ.

I know you have a hard time understanding the correlation between Bronco+4 and Bengals-4, but for the rest of us, it's the SAME.

Holy sht you're retarded....

Is this even for real?

Can ANYONE really be this dumb?

F'ing A, Denver should have a parade for you!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please have a loved one take your keyboard away from you

UberBroncoMan
09-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow, people sure ran with my original post before I conked out lol.

Pick Six
09-10-2009, 01:49 PM

I remember that game very well. I can get KOA reception pretty well at night, so I was listening to the radio until I got to the bar. I wasn't even finished driving to the sports bar when Cincy scored their first points...LOL:dunk:

frerottenextelway
09-10-2009, 02:00 PM
When I went to see Denver at Cinci on Jake's first game, wow did everyone think they were going to win. Pregame, they're talking playoffs - and **** - everyone. Post game, all saw was heads down and mummers of ''the same ole Bengals''.

I predicted a win for this game, I think we'll get it.

Denver 24
Cinci 16

Bet the house.

ZONA
09-10-2009, 02:10 PM
The game could go either way and should be close but what I find funny is that 80% of those clowns feel as if their defense is going to win the day and I would say about half of those posts having the Broncos scoring 10 points or less.

Now that is some funny stuff. Not because the Broncos offense is in perfect tune right now, but because they think their defense is something that resembles that of the Steelers or something. Hilarious!

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 02:13 PM
This board is patrolled heavily by trolls and bashers disguising themselves as fans.

Disguising themselves?

Paranoid much? :oyvey:

bronco militia
09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
The Cincinnati Bengals' opener Sunday is in danger of being blacked out. On Thursday, tickets remained for the game against the Denver Broncos.

Cincinnati is coming off a 4-11-1 season that left many fans disgruntled about the direction of the franchise, which has one winning season in the last 18 years.

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Holy sht you're retarded....

Is this even for real?

Can ANYONE really be this dumb?

F'ing A, Denver should have a parade for you!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please have a loved one take your keyboard away from you

You said you were correcting a statement which was true.

Just because you threw out some numbers which I assume you pulled from your ass, doesn't "CORRECT" the statement. In addition if you take a look at the link you/ or someone provided for consumption, the betting PUBLIC IS betting on the line which has us at less than a TD underdog. If the line were increased to 7 you would see a drastic flip of the bets.

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Trolling has become your cottage industry. If you were paid by the post for calling other fans fake for their opinions you could quit your job.

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Hey ******, how does this CORRECT the statement.

It's actually less than 70%
Who are these "TEAM EXPERTS" and who labeled them?
Where do you get the 61% of the top 10?

...and since when is 4 points not less than a TD?

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 02:37 PM
You said you were correcting a statement which was true.

Just because you threw out some numbers which I assume you pulled from your ass, doesn't "CORRECT" the statement. In addition if you take a look at the link you/ or someone provided for consumption, the betting PUBLIC IS betting on the line which has us at less than a TD underdog. If the line were increased to 7 you would see a drastic flip of the bets.

No, moron. It's NOT a correct statement.

If you weren't retarded you'd understand that.

"So, clearly... the betting public sees us as less than a TD underdog."

The line does not reflect the betting public. The link I posted did.

THE BETTING PUBLIC THINKS WE'LL LOSE BY MORE THAN 4 POINTS.

THAT is a true statement.

Clear enough for you dip****?

Hey ******, how does this CORRECT the statement.

It's actually less than 70%
Who are these "TEAM EXPERTS" and who labeled them?
Where do you get the 61% of the top 10?

...and since when is 4 points not less than a TD?

Through the link, clip on the "Top 10%" tab you dumb-****.

And 4 points being less than a TD has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE "BETTING PUBLIC" WOULD THINK ABOUT A 7 PT LINE. WE DO KNOW THAT THE MAJORITY BELIEVE WE'LL LOSE BY MORE THAN 4.

Holy sht, how you're this stupid is beyond me.

TGN: Fat, ugly and dumb. The trifecta of human futility!

ZONA
09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Cincinnati is coming off a 4-11-1 season that left many fans disgruntled about the direction of the franchise, which has one winning season in the last 18 years.

Which is why I can only laugh at those predictions of a 42-0 route of the Broncos many of those fans are throwing out there. They act like they were in the AFC championship game or something last year. Good god Bengal fans, get a grip on reality already. You were 4-11 and were a total failure. You have one of the worst offensive lines in football and they think they are gonna throw up 40 points. I can understand fan optimism but you can't be a dolt and just be an idiot about it. Clearly many of us like the Broncos but I think most here that like the Broncos to win have it as a close game, something like 20-17 or so is what I think it will be. Nothing wrong with homer fans, but retarded fans irk me.

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 02:50 PM

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE "BETTING PUBLIC" WOULD THINK ABOUT A 7 PT LINE. WE DO KNOW THAT THE MAJORITY BELIEVE WE'LL LOSE BY MORE THAN 4.

Well, I'll take Fat, Ugly and dumb over ******* **** every night.

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 02:57 PM

I'll also point out that losing by more than four does not equate to losing by more than seven. So you have not shown his statement to be wrong unless you personally know what all of the gamblers are thinking.
Just because 68.9% are betting on a point line doesn't mean that they think we will loose by over 7 points.

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 02:57 PM
For raw curiosity...

Everyone referring to their 4-11-1 record last year and calling them a failure of a team... you guys realize they didn't have Carson Palmer last season, right? Or are we just claiming their not important anymore because we lost ours?

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 02:58 PM
I'll also point out that losing by more than four does not equate to losing by more than seven. So you have not shown his statement to be wrong unless you personally know what all of the gamblers are thinking.
Just because 68.9% are betting on a point line doesn't mean that they think we will loose by over 7 points.

I never said it did, dip****.

Dear God, seriously, you're legitimately one of the dumbest people on the planet.

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm afraid we're gonna get killed ... I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling :(

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm afraid we're gonna get killed ... I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling :(

Easy solution steps:

1. Ignore it until Sunday
2. Immediately after wake-up/teeth brushing, start drinking hard liquor
3. Strategicly plan your booze in-take so you're very sedated but aware by 1PM ET
4. Thank me

TailgateNut
No, you said you CORRECTED the statement which, considering your "stats" does not CORRECT ANYTHING.

BroncoBuff
Trolling has become your cottage industry. If you were paid by the post for calling other fans fake for their opinions you could quit your job.

Maybe we should raise funds sufficient for Popps to troll his way off to another board.

Broncos Country is a blue-sky board ... seldom is head a discouraging word ... angry Popps would fit right in :~ohyah!:

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 03:13 PM
No, you said you CORRECTED the statement which, considering your "stats" does not CORRECT ANYTHING.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5844/facepalm.gif

"So, clearly... the betting public sees us as less than a TD underdog. "

That is a false statement. As I've said several times, we don't KNOW what the betting public thinks, only that the majority THINK we'll lose by more than 4.

Now, read that several times, until your 3 brain cells manage to absorb it, and go run along and play with your coloring books.

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Maybe we should raise funds sufficient for Popps to troll his way off to another board.

Broncos Country is a blue-sky board ... seldom is head a discouraging word ... angry Popps would fit right in :~ohyah!:

I like Popps.

UberBroncoMan
09-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I like Popps.

http://charlottesfancy.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/popsicle.jpg

colonelbeef
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I like Popps.

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 04:36 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SLr4suoF7qM/R_nvrZhSzpI/AAAAAAAAAAU/_BX3Udie6ZQ/S1600-R/gotta+have+my+popps.jpg

Not.

broncogary
09-10-2009, 05:53 PM
I was always under the impression that the books and bookies tried to balance the action on both sides, so they could profit from the "Juice."

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 06:02 PM
I was always under the impression that the books and bookies tried to balance the action on both sides, so they could profit from the "Juice."

Why, yes. Yes they do.

Los Broncos
09-10-2009, 06:05 PM
We are all cuckoo for coco Popps!

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 07:25 PM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5844/facepalm.gif

"So, clearly... the betting public sees us as less than a TD underdog. "

That is a false statement. As I've said several times, we don't KNOW what the betting public thinks, only that the majority THINK we'll lose by more than 4.

LOL

"We don't know what the public thinks, but we do".LOL

Whatever you say.

Your stats don't do **** to proove that the betting public doesn't see us as less than a td underdog (they do see that we are a 4 point underdog). Regardlees of all the insults, stats, cute videos, you haven't shown anything to PROOVE THE STATEMENT TO BE WRONG.

It's your opinion. That's all.

All of it doesn't mean squat, because it's not based on known facts, it's based on bets and balancing the books.

But you keep telling yourself you've done something extraordinary by PROOVING the statement wrong. I want you to feel good about your miserable self.

Send my best to your boyfriend, and tell him to be easy on you. We wouldn't want you to get all "*********".

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 07:47 PM
LOL

"We don't know what the public thinks, but we do".LOL

Whatever you say.

Your stats don't do **** to proove that the betting public doesn't see us as less than a td underdog (they do see that we are a 4 point underdog). Regardlees of all the insults, stats, cute videos, you haven't shown anything to PROOVE THE STATEMENT TO BE WRONG.

It's your opinion. That's all.

All of it doesn't mean squat, because it's not based on known facts, it's based on bets and balancing the books.

But you keep telling yourself you've done something extraordinary by PROOVING the statement wrong. I want you to feel good about your miserable self.

Send my best to your boyfriend, and tell him to be easy on you. We wouldn't want you to get all "*********".

Old Dude asked me to refrain. He's a good guy whom I respect and got love for, so I will.

Have a nice day.

PS. It's spelled "Prove" and "Proving" :thumbsup:

TailgateNut
09-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Old Dude asked me to refrain. He's a good guy whom I respect and got love for, so I will.

Have a nice day.

PS. It's spelled "Prove" and "Proving" :thumbsup:

Yep, he also asked me not to call you a #&^$$#*()&*, so I wont.

BTW: thank for the spell check. You are good for something.

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 08:08 PM

No he wouldn't. There wouldn't be anything for him to do.

scorpio
09-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Not.

Buff, I love you, but you don't have any more right to spit your opinion as truth than Popps does. And you do it a lot.

scorpio
09-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Easy solution steps:

1. Ignore it until Sunday
2. Immediately after wake-up/teeth brushing, start drinking hard liquor
3. Strategicly plan your booze in-take so you're very sedated but aware by 1PM ET
4. Thank me

Being drunk by 11 AM isn't going to go over well with the old lady.

But it's not like I have a choice.

footstepsfrom#27
09-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Popps and his minions...somebody want to label 'em? ;D

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z309/weirdotheatre/ElvisPoppsWeirdoTheatresextetcopy.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Buff, I love you, but you don't have any more right to spit your opinion as truth than Popps does. And you do it a lot.

It's not the opinions I mind, it's perfectly fine to be upbeat. It's the attacking and insulting and accusing others of not being "real" fans, he's so angry and attacking all the time, and he thinks WAY too highly of his football knowledge. Somebody posted yesterday - might've even been to Popps - that none of us really know any more than any others of us, I agree with that.

Oh ... and I love you too man! ;D

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
It's not the opinions I mind, it's perfectly fine to be upbeat. It's the attacking and insulting and accusing others of not being "real" fans, he's so angry and attacking all the time, and he thinks WAY too highly of his football knowledge. Somebody posted yesterday - might've even been to Popps - that none of us really know any more than any others of us, I agree with that.

But the most important thing to remember, Buff, Popps is doing what he thinks is right... or he wouldn't be doing it. Just like all of us. That sounds a little righteous for a football forum, but generally true in application to 99% of people and life.

BroncoBuff
09-10-2009, 09:46 PM
But the most important thing to remember, Buff, Popps is doing what he thinks is right... or he wouldn't be doing it. Just like all of us. That sounds a little righteous for a football forum, but generally true in application to 99% of people and life.

Sure, I don't mind his or anybody else's opinions. But really, you don't think he's the most hostile and insulting poster here? Or at leqast among the top 5?

TheReverend
09-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Sure, I don't mind his or anybody else's opinions. But really, you don't think he's the most hostile and insulting poster here? Or at leqast among the top 5?

That doesn't particularly bother.

I think these two points are amusing:

1) He's completely abandoned his "Build the defense from the front to back" philosophy

and

2) This time last year to several years prior, someone with his "optimist" pov would've branded him as a "Mopey Mafia" member... now he's running persecution.

Other than that, I like him.

colonelbeef
09-11-2009, 06:31 AM
That doesn't particularly bother.

I think these two points are amusing:

1) He's completely abandoned his "Build the defense from the front to back" philosophy

and

2) This time last year to several years prior, someone with his "optimist" pov would've branded him as a "Mopey Mafia" member... now he's running persecution.

Other than that, I like him.

Popps isn't a bad guy, in fact I don't really think anybody here is. I just think he is completely wrong.

CEH
09-11-2009, 06:39 AM
As far as the overall season goes the betting public has soured on Denver as has Vegas. Denver opened at 7.5 wins and now has dropped to 6.5
with a -200 meaning Vegas does not like Denver to win more than 6 games.

To bet the under you must wager 200 to win 100

colonelbeef
09-11-2009, 06:42 AM
As far as the overall season goes the betting public has soured on Denver as has Vegas. Denver opened at 7.5 wins and now has dropped to 6.5
with a -200 meaning Vegas does not like Denver to win more than 6 games.

To bet the under you must wager 200 to win 100

if McDaniels had simply focused on the defense this offseason, and maybe augmented the offense with a back or two and some line depth, the line would have been 10 wins instead, easily.

That is all you really need to know. Wins are the bottom line, right?

CEH
09-11-2009, 06:53 AM
if McDaniels had simply focused on the defense this offseason, and maybe augmented the offense with a back or two and some line depth, the line would have been 10 wins instead, easily.

That is all you really need to know. Wins are the bottom line, right?

McD brought this on himself so we'll see where he goes. I'd really would have liked him to rebuild the defense after trading Cutler. A Orapko, Ayers , Rey Rey and Sean Smith draft would have been the way I went.
I think you need to build the D from front to back and he and Nolan are thinking differently.

Parcells is great at turning around franchises and he would never select a RB, WR , CB or S before fortifying the O line and front 7.

I'm not sure yet if McD is leading edge or bleeding edge.

Broncos_OTM
09-11-2009, 10:58 AM
denver rarely plays the early games well... itll be a close w one