Mine:

Williams at Home vs Eagles

Mike Bell at home vs Lions

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Mine:

How is that a debate? You're going to sit a top 5 pick in favor of a guy that 90% of the leagues out there have available as a FA?

crowebomber
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
I need to pick two:
Marshall vs. Cinci
Berrian vs. Cleveland
Greg Jennings vs. Chicago

Punisher
09-09-2009, 02:56 PM
How is that a debate? You're going to sit a top 5 pick in favor of a guy that 90% of the leagues out there have available as a FA?

Mike Bell is gonna start vs the Lions Defense I grantee he'll rush for at least 90 Yards, Williams will share the load with J. Steward vs the Eagles they'll both rush for maybe 60 Yards each

Mike Bell:90 Yards
Williams:60 Yards

Flex Gunmetal
09-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm predicting that Rodgers is going to have a huge day, so go with Jennings.

You're welcome.

cutthemdown
09-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Mine are easy decisions but I have some tough matchups.

Chris Johnson vs Pitt- He probably won't do much but can you really sit a guy I paid 80 bucks for in my leagues FA auction.

Grant vs Bears- a tough matchup but I have to play him

My other rbs are all sort of reaches and not ready to start.

McCoy- Phillys rookie rb
Bernard Scott- Cincy

Then I picked up Maroney in the last round.

My WR are no brainers every week they are healthy:

Fitzgerald- Paid 100 bucks for him in the FA Auction

Colston- Paid 30 bucks in FA auction

Royal- Drafted in the 5th round=total steal. Someone actually took steve Breaston in front of him.

Pontius Pirate
09-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I need to pick two:
Marshall vs. Cinci
Berrian vs. Cleveland
Greg Jennings vs. Chicago

Jennings & Marshall

Too early to tell what sort of impact Favre will have on Berrian

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Mike Bell is gonna start vs the Lions Defense I grantee he'll rush for at least 90 Yards, Williams will share the load with J. Steward vs the Eagles they'll both rush for maybe 60 Yards each

Mike Bell? Forgetting Reggie Bush?

And Stewart won't play much if at all this weekend. Bank on it. I've read a few reports today that he's still running too tentatively and isn't ready to go full steam.

Look at these rankings. It's not even close:

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/news?slug=ys-expertpoll-09week1-rb

Pontius Pirate
09-09-2009, 03:01 PM

I agree that DWill and Stewart will share, and struggle a bit with PHI. But Bell is a total gamble. Pierre hasn't been ruled out yet, and you still have Bush to run a bit.

I think you have to go with DWill as Stewart is just a gamble of not playing much than Pierre is.

cutthemdown
09-09-2009, 03:02 PM

exactly!!!! You don't ever sit MJD regardless of team he is playing.

Just like I won't sit Chris Johnson just because he's playing Steelers.

Big name players get up for big time games on national TV. You draft MJD, or Chris Johnson because they are gamers and have that swagger.

I sometimes worry more when its an easy team. Good team gets up on them early, and then the bkups get a lot of looks.

Most coaches lean on there big time players in big games.

cutthemdown
09-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I agree that DWill and Stewart will share, and struggle a bit with PHI. But Bell is a total gamble. Pierre hasn't been ruled out yet, and you still have Bush to run a bit.

I think you have to go with DWill as Stewart is just a gamble of not playing much than Pierre is.

I think Stewert because he was banged up won't steal that many carries to start the yr.

Punisher
09-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Bush and Pierre are Hurt I think that they won't even play any of them vs the Lions but; if they do start Bush i don't see him getting a lot of Rushing atms.

cutthemdown
09-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Besides Bell over MJD? thats just crazy. I'm not saying Bell won't make more points. Lions are bad he could get some scores.

But Bell= Little big play potential, on a team that has Brees and Colston. They will throw 40 times. Plus NO a throwing team, they won't change simply because the lions also suck at stopping the run.

MJD= big play potential on a team that likes to run the ball.

I can't even believe we are debating this, its a no brainer.

cutthemdown
09-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Bush and Pierre are Hurt I think that they won't even play any of them vs the Lions but; if they do start Bush i don't see him getting a lot of Rushing atms.

Bell gets 15 looks IMO, no more then that.

The playmakers are Brees and Colston, they will be going off IMO.

cutthemdown
09-09-2009, 03:07 PM
No way NO takes ball out of Brees hands to give the 3rd string runner a bunch of carries.

Plus Bell not real quick or fast.

TheReverend
One league:

Starting

Wayne
Royal
Fitzgerald

Backups hoping for a homerun

Bennett
Hester
Ginn Jr
Driver

Other league:

Starting:

Welker
Royal

Back ups:

Bennett
A. Gonzalez
Steve Smith

My teams are pretty stacked...

Punisher

And Stewart won't play much if at all this weekend. Bank on it. I've read a few reports today that he's still running too tentatively and isn't ready to go full steam.

Mark my words Bell is gonna have a big day Bush is hurt hes Probable

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?team=nor

Pontius Pirate
09-09-2009, 03:09 PM
No way NO takes ball out of Brees hands to give the 3rd string runner a bunch of carries.

Plus Bell not real quick or fast.

The one thing in Bell's favor is that NO is likely to run up the score early, and then they'd for sure rest Bush. Given Pierre will be back soon, maybe NO decides to run Bell a bunch in the second half to see how he does.

ESPN is projecting Bell to have 90 yards and a TD. They project DWill to have 90 yards and 2 TD's

Just sayin

SoDak Bronco
09-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Hasselback vs. St. Louis
McNabb vs. Carolina
--------
McFadden vs. SD
LJ vs. Ravens
Donald Brown vs. Jax

My other starter is Steven Jackson..which of the above would you play?

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Mark my words Bell is gonna have a big day Bush is hurt hes Probable

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?team=nor

That's all fine and good, but don't start a thread and call it a dilemma if you are literally being outvoted 10-1 right now and insist on coming up with any and every excuse for why you are going to start "the other guy" (who so happens to still be listed 3rd on the depth chart behind two guys who are hurt).

You obviously made up your mind before you posted this thread.

And, for what it's worth, I've NEVER heard of a starting RB that was listed as "probable" on Thursday not starting over a 3rd stringer on Sunday. Questionable or Doubtful, sure, but not probable. Anyone with a bruise is probable nowadays.

Mr.Meanie
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Who do I start:

Moreno, Buckhalter, Addai or Donald Brown

Punisher
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
That's all fine and good, but don't start a thread and call it a dilemma if you are literally being outvoted 10-1 right now and insist on coming up with any and every excuse for why you are going to start "the other guy" (who so happens to still be listed 3rd on the depth chart behind two guys who are hurt).

And, for what it's worth, I've NEVER heard of a starting RB that was listed as "probable" on Thursday not starting over a 3rd stringer on Sunday. Questionable or Doubtful, sure, but not probable. Anyone with a bruise is probable nowadays.

LOL that's pretty funny but I just see Bell having a big day that's all and if someone hasn't pick the Houston Texans Defense Yet ya better get it while its there they're gonna have a good year.

Pontius Pirate
09-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Hasselback vs. St. Louis
McNabb vs. Carolina
--------
McFadden vs. SD
LJ vs. Ravens
Donald Brown vs. Jax

My other starter is Steven Jackson..which of the above would you play?

Gotta go with McNabb and McFadden.

Pontius Pirate
09-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Who do I start:

I think Addai is your safest bet, but I'd go with Moreno

Mr.Meanie
09-09-2009, 03:22 PM
I think Addai is your safest bet, but I'd go with Moreno

That's what I was thinking, but I'm worried my bias may be screwing me up. So naturally I ask hardcore Bronco fans what they think.

Peoples Champ
09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Jennings & Marshall

Too early to tell what sort of impact Favre will have on Berrian

I concur

Br0nc0Buster
09-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I have to start one RB between:
Moreno
Cedric Benson
Beanie Wells

I am gonna go with Benson I think, but if I was assured Moreno would touch the ball more than 15 times I would lean his way

Peoples Champ
09-09-2009, 03:27 PM
I have to start one RB between:
Moreno
Cedric Benson
Beanie Wells

I am gonna go with Benson I think, but if I was assured Moreno would touch the ball more than 15 times I would lean his way

Not sure, Beanie Wells looked good in preseason and they have a good offense, but not sure if he will split carrys or how many he will get at all.

Punisher
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Gotta go with McNabb and McFadden.

:~ohyah!: McNabb naa i don't think so

Peppers>Peters

SoDak Bronco
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Punisher--right now i am leaning towards starting hasselback vs. st.louis..i think he is going to have a good year..not sure about the mcnabb vs. carolina matchup? Normally carolina is pretty decent defense.

Punisher
09-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Punisher--right now i am leaning towards starting hasselback vs. st.louis..i think he is going to have a good year..not sure about the mcnabb vs. carolina matchup? Normally carolina is pretty decent defense.

Yea Heasselback is gonna be Good this year but it won't get them to the playoffs,Mcnabb and the eagles are gonna have a bad year i can feel it.

The Eagles barely made it to the Playoffs and they had a better team last year,The lost of Jim Johnson and Dawkins is gonna hurt that team A lot. Plus westbrook is getting old I don't see them doing any good.

boppool
09-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Mine:

Santonio Holmes at home vs. TEN or
DeSean Jackson at CAR

Leaning towards Santonio

I actually like DeSean Jackson at CAR little more. Because, Holmes is not very consistent (I've had him last 2 years) and Tennesse's stingy defense will blitze Rothlesburger offen.

I think Jackson can get you something like 6-7 catches 80-90 yards and a td.

Mr.Meanie
09-09-2009, 03:45 PM

See, I would guess the opposite... I think STL is going to have a pretty good defense this year, and McNabb will get into a shootout with Carolina.

boppool
09-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Chris Johnson vs Steelers
Cedric Benson vs Broncos
or
Ray Rice vs Chiefs

I know Johnson is far more superior than two, but has a bad match up. (also, LenDale White will steal carries)
I'm leaning towards Benson versus Broncos, what do you guys think?

Mountain Bronco
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Stewart is banged up and hasn't played or practiced much all preseason. I doubt he gets more than 5-8 carries.

SoDak Bronco
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
See, I would guess the opposite... I think STL is going to have a pretty good defense this year, and McNabb will get into a shootout with Carolina.

yeah they should be quite a bit better w/spagnola. is carolina's defense that crappy?

Hotrod
09-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Orton vs the Bungles

or

Cassell vs the Ravens

I missed my Draft LMAO

Mountain Bronco
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Here are my questions:

1. A. Gonzalez or D. Driver
2. Stewart, Mereno or McFadden

SoDak Bronco
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
driver and McFadden

SoDak Bronco
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Hotrod..i'd play neither incase of negative points

Drunk Monkey
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
B Marsh, Desean Jackson, E Royal, or Antonio Bryant. I need to start 3. Really not sure about B Marsh. With as much time as he has missed I think he will have a minimal role vs Cincy. Having said that Antonio Bryant doesn't have anyone to throw to him. Jackson and Royal are fo sho starting.

Hotrod
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Hotrod..i'd play neither incase of negative points

People probably think I'm kidding but I really did miss my draft. When I saw my QBs were Orton and Cassell all I could do was laugh.

I do have kick ass Wr's LMAO

QB Kyle Orton, Den QB P
RB Frank Gore, SF RB
RB Fred Jackson, Buf RB P
RB/WR Terrell Owens, Buf WR P
WR Andre Johnson, Hou WR
WR Anquan Boldin, Ari WR P
TE Antonio Gates, SD TE P
D/ST Broncos D/ST, Den D/ST
K Jason Elam, Atl K

Bench Derrick Ward, TB RB
Bench Matt Cassel, KC QB Q
Bench Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG RB
Bench Anthony Gonzalez, Ind WR
Bench Fred Taylor, NE RB
Bench Dolphins D/ST, Mia D/ST
Bench Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB

SpringStein
09-09-2009, 04:08 PM
At QB in 2 leagues my starter in 2 leagues is Carson Palmer backed up by Hasselbeck. I'm leaning on starting Hass opposing the Rams at home.

Crazy?

Jerry Curl
09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
League 1:
Start 1 WR/TE out of Royal, Sheffler and Welker.

League 2:
Hasselback or Palmer.

And I also have Lynch(susp) and P. Thomas(hurt) so I'm hoping McFadden and L. Moore can hold up.

Drunk Monkey
09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
At QB in 2 leagues my starter in 2 leagues is Carson Palmer backed up by Hasselbeck. I'm leaning on starting Hass opposing the Rams at home.

Crazy?

Do It, Rams suck and yes this is a homer statement but our secondary does look better. Plus you get the added advantage on not having to cheer against your own team.

Jerry Curl
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
^^Why I'm leaning towards Hasselback.

Pontius Pirate
09-09-2009, 05:44 PM
League 1:
Start 1 WR/TE out of Royal, Sheffler and Welker.

League 2:
Hasselback or Palmer.

And I also have Lynch(susp) and P. Thomas(hurt) so I'm hoping McFadden and L. Moore can hold up.

Welker & Palmer

Why are people all of the sudden so up on Hasselback - or is it just his week 1 matchup

Bronco LB52
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
I can only start 3 of these 4

Royal, DeSean, Ocho Cinco, Bowe

Chris
09-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Who do I start:

I'd go with Buckhalter over Moreno because of his injury I think he's going to be used as a change of pace back so Buckhalter is the starter.

Over those four I'd go with Addai.

cutthemdown
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
The one thing in Bell's favor is that NO is likely to run up the score early, and then they'd for sure rest Bush. Given Pierre will be back soon, maybe NO decides to run Bell a bunch in the second half to see how he does.

ESPN is projecting Bell to have 90 yards and a TD. They project DWill to have 90 yards and 2 TD's

Just sayin

Bell a saavy pickup. I missed him someone else had waiver priority over me.

I'm just saying your studs like Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, MJD etc I feel you play every week as long as they are healthy. Despite a tough matchup.

Look for matchup advantages with your mid level players but play your studs.

Plyers like MJD could have a huge day any week. You don't want to miss out on it.

DBroncos4life
09-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Kevin Smith over Willie Parker. I think Smith is going to be huge this year.

SureShot
09-09-2009, 06:17 PM
My one dilemma is Wes Welker. FU Hoodie Sr.!

TheReverend
09-09-2009, 06:20 PM
My one dilemma is Wes Welker. FU Hoodie Sr.!

Oh yeah?

You're my fantasy dilemma.

SureShot
09-09-2009, 07:13 PM
oh yeah?

You're my fantasy dilemma.

Harvitz81
09-09-2009, 07:20 PM
At my Flex:

Start Marshall vs. Cin or
Start Felix Jones vs. TB

Leaning towards Jones

TheReverend
09-09-2009, 07:35 PM

http://i30.tinypic.com/2a5hhub.gif

Natedogg
09-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Donald Driver or Dominique Hixon??

Punisher
09-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Mine:

Mike Bell 22-115 Yards

Williams 14-37

Listen to what i say I know what I'm talking about!

SpringStein
09-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Hass over Palmer was a good move for me in 2 leagues.

Beantown Bronco
09-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Mike Bell 22-115 Yards

Williams 14-37

Listen to what i say I know what I'm talking about!

Williams had a TD and some decent receiving yards; and Bell had a fumble. As a result, Williams outscored Bell in my league. I think your last sentence is debatable.

Jerry Curl
09-16-2009, 02:12 PM
yeah so with standard espn scoring(6 per td, 1 per 10 yds.) williams had 13 points (3+4+6) and Bell had 12 points (14-2). So really not a big difference or anything to gloat over.

ludo21
09-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Mike Bell this week vs. Eagles (Thomas is Q I think)
Forte vs. Steelers..??

Palmer or Mcnabb (if he plays will he be effective?)

colonelbeef
09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Mine was Eddie Royal vs. Chad Ochocinco

didnt want to jinx eddie, went with Chad.

colonelbeef
09-16-2009, 04:02 PM
and this week I am having a hard time between Cutler and Pennington.