PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Kuper for this week?

crush17
09-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I haven't seen anything recently about his status...

Have they announced whether he's gonna be ready?

bronco militia
09-09-2009, 12:23 PM
unfortunately injury news is going to be last minute with McDaniels. Don't expect to hear anything until Sunday morning

broncosteven
09-09-2009, 12:31 PM
unfortunately injury news is going to be last minute with McDaniels. Don't expect to hear anything until Sunday morning

You mean after kickoff.

crowebomber
09-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Maybe Kahn can roll over and ask him.

dbfan21
09-09-2009, 12:35 PM
maybe kahn can roll over and ask him.

Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
You mean after kickoff.

Exactly. I'll never forget Belichick listing Richard Seymour as "questionable" right up until kickoff a few years ago vs Denver when he never even made the flight out because he was injured. If McDaniels sticks to that philosophy, our only hope for any real info is kupesdad.

broncosteven
09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Maybe Kahn can roll over and ask him.

Maybe we can get Montrose to roll over and ask Brady-ton how his finger is!

I never thought of that!

bronco militia
09-09-2009, 01:10 PM
You mean after kickoff.

it all depends on where you get your info on game days. 850koa is good about getting info out before kickoff

BMarsh615
09-09-2009, 01:13 PM
He practiced today so that must be a good sign.

Some other good news, Knowshon isn't wearing an orange jersey today!Booya!
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/09/09/wednesday-practice-update/1297/

Just got done with the open period of practice. The two biggest developments were probably that running back Knowshon Moreno was not wearing the orange non-contact jersey he wore in Tuesday's practice, which is a good sign he is progressing. Also, right guard Chris Kuper was back at practice. He suffered a high ankle sprain against Chicago in the third preseason game, but his return to practice today gives him a chance to play this week. Kuper is a vital part of Denver's offense, missing him wouldn't be noticed like a Kyle Orton or Moreno, but it would be huge.

Also, tight end Richard Quinn returned to practice. Quinn, who was arrested Monday, didn't have time to talk during the open locker room period before practice today. Safety Josh Barrett and defensive end Le Kevin Smith were the only two players who didn't practice. Receiver Jabar Gaffney (thumb) continued to wear an orange non-contact jersey in practice.

Not much to report on quarterback Kyle Orton - he was still wearing a glove, took a good amount of snaps (which has to be painful with his right index finger injury) and was doing his normal practice work during the open period.

PRBronco
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM

Best news I've heard all day!

Is Hamilton back to normal too?

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Kuper is a vital part of Denver's offense, missing him wouldn't be noticed like a Kyle Orton or Moreno

I disagree.

dbfan21
09-09-2009, 01:23 PM

http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/09/09/wednesday-practice-update/1297/

Just got done with the open period of practice. The two biggest developments were probably that running back Knowshon Moreno was not wearing the orange non-contact jersey he wore in Tuesday's practice, which is a good sign he is progressing. Also, right guard Chris Kuper was back at practice. He suffered a high ankle sprain against Chicago in the third preseason game, but his return to practice today gives him a chance to play this week. Kuper is a vital part of Denver's offense, missing him wouldn't be noticed like a Kyle Orton or Moreno, but it would be huge.

Also, tight end Richard Quinn returned to practice. Quinn, who was arrested Monday, didn't have time to talk during the open locker room period before practice today. Safety Josh Barrett and defensive end Le Kevin Smith were the only two players who didn't practice. Receiver Jabar Gaffney (thumb) continued to wear an orange non-contact jersey in practice.

Not much to report on quarterback Kyle Orton - he was still wearing a glove, took a good amount of snaps (which has to be painful with his right index finger injury) and was doing his normal practice work during the open period.

Nice find! Good to see Kuper and Moreno are back at practice. As gameday approaches, I am getting mroe and more anxious/excited to see this team in a game that counts!