PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's blog from denverbroncos.com

cmhargrove
09-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Nice to see Dawkins healthy.
There are several great shots in the blog, but the one that stood out to me was Brandon Marshall with the black visor on his helmet. Looks pretty cool...

Regular Season Swing Underway
September 8th, 2009 - 3:53pm by Chris Gentilviso

With their 53-man roster in hand, and a regular season opener with the Cincinnati Bengals next up on their calendar, the Broncos put in a full practice on Tuesday at Dove Valley.

Here are some quick hits from the session:

That full roster included three quarterbacks: Kyle Orton, Chris Simms and Tom Brandstater. Each actively participated in the opening drills.

Joining Knowshon Moreno in an orange jersey reserved for players recovering from injury was Jabar Gaffney. Gaffney missed the final preseason game against the Cardinals, but was catching balls in several drills run by wide receivers coach Adam Gase.

Besides catching balls, the wide receivers partook in 1-on-1 drills with the cornerbacks. The receivers worked on their first step, while the defensive backs looked to stop them in their tracks within the first five yards of legal contact.

In the final two preseason games, Brian Dawkins recorded six tackles and two passes defensed — with a large wrap on his injured hand. On Tuesday, Dawkins practiced without any wrap in his way.

New numbers: With roster cutdowns complete, several players switched up their uniforms. The rundown on the regular 53-man roster includes Russ Hochstein (71), Le Kevin Smith (97) and newcomer Vonnie Holliday (99)., who was on the field Tuesday. Players switching numbers on the practice squad are Tony Carter (25), D.J. Johnson (29), Braxton Kelley (52) and Everette Pedescleaux (93).
Here are some more photos from the session.

–Chris Gentilviso, DenverBroncos.com

meangene
09-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Great news on Dawkins! I am surprised Gaffney is catching passes so soon but I can't see him playing Sunday. That may force Marshall to be activated. I really hope Moreno gets to 100% but if he is not there by Sunday, I can't see risking further injury by playing him. If he is not taking contact this week, I can't see him being game-ready. A little disappointed it looks like he will not be a go for week 1. Any word on LeKevin Smith practiing?

PRBronco
09-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Wow, Gaffney doesn't even have a cast!