PDA

View Full Version : honestly: do you want michael crabtree to sign?

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 09:59 PM
i dont. i want his dumb, greedy ass to sit the season out, re-enter the draft and fall to the 2nd round, and do this all over again. am i the only one?

jhat01
09-08-2009, 10:01 PM
no i wanna see him sit too, and see what happens

SoCalBronco
09-08-2009, 10:03 PM
He should sign only when he feels the deal is fair for him. You can't say "just sign and get on the field!!!111" on one hand and then complain that "well..he signed the contract" a few years later when the guy wants out of it...when the fan was the one pressuring him to sign in the beginning.

You either take it both ways or forget it. When he thinks he's getting fair value he should sign. He's not being greedy...although he might be misreading the market value. There's no such thing as greedy in the NFL...there's only market value.

SouthStndJunkie
09-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I want to see him sign....I enjoy watching talented players and he is very talented.

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
He should sign only when he feels the deal is fair for him. You can't say "just sign and get on the field!!!111" on one hand and then complain that "well..he signed the contract" a few years later when the guy wants out of it...when the fan was the one pressuring him to sign in the beginning.

You either take it both ways or forget it. When he thinks he's getting fair value he should sign. He's not being greedy...although he might be misreading the market value. There's no such thing as greedy in the NFL...there's only market value.

overreading your market value then refusing to sign because of it = greed

FireFly
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
I want to see him sit.

I'm SURE they're offering him a fair contract. Shouldn't be all that difficult. The players above him have signed, the players below him have signed. He doesn't deserve more than the former or less than the later.

This contract should be the easiest of all the 1st round picks.

There are formulas in place for these deals, any hold up is on his part and due to his having unrealistic expectations; its not like he's not going to get a bucket load anyhow!

DBroncos4life
09-08-2009, 10:08 PM
I hope he sits. His jersey is in the top ten in sales so its not like the 49ers won't walk out of this with money. He will walk out of it with nothing and be out of the NFL. So far very few players has sat out a year and amounted to crap. Vick is the only one that has a chance and he was a super freak. No college degree, no NFL contract, soon he will have nothing to show for his talent.

Baba Booey
09-08-2009, 10:10 PM
No because one of my good buddies is a 9ers fan and I thoroughly enjoy his football misfortunes.

DBroncos4life
09-08-2009, 10:10 PM

No its not. He is doing whats is right for him. I don't agree with it but it is the right move.

rugbythug
09-08-2009, 10:21 PM

Its Pretty Basic Math. He sits a Year He has to make over 10 Million or so more in his next contract than if he signs. He won't get picked higher. He is basically hosed. Overvaluing yourself is stupid he needs to reevaluate his advisers.

McMastermind
09-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I want him to sign. I'm not a 9er fan by any means but it would suck for any team to lose a top 10 pick b/c some puppy of a WR is getting bad advice from his handlers. (Do they get any sort of compensation if he doesn't?....too lazy to look it up)

Maybe they should've done their homework a little better on this guy but still.....

McMastermind
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM

I agree with rugby a few posts up....I'm sure the kid is dying to play. He's getting bad advice.

Clockwork Orange
09-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I honestly don't care if he does or not. He's making the mistake of a lifetime if he sits for the year and re-enters the draft. He'll be longing for the 10th overall pick money then when he drops like a rock. You think anyone is going to grab him that high and give him huge money after the Mike Williams disaster of a few years back? Not bloody likely.

Still, it's his choice. If he wants to get less money after sitting idle for a year, that's his call.

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 10:54 PM
No its not. He is doing whats is right for him. I don't agree with it but it is the right move.

you honestly believe whats right for him is that he refuse to sign the highest contract offer hes gonna get, sit out a year then sign next year for 1/2 the money?

he has to realize hes NOT getting the top WR money he wants, the niners simply are not gonna cave and would rather watch his career implode. but he doesnt, and thinks if he sits longer hes gonna get 25 million guaranteed instead of 21 million.

Archer81
09-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Nope. Not our problem. His agents and people are stupid as **** however.

:Broncos:

footstepsfrom#27
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM
It's somewhere around #3,000 on my list of things to worry about.

Aftermath
09-08-2009, 11:24 PM
i hope he never plays in the nfl(which will never happen) i hate greedy bastards like him.. he feels he deserves the money that the #1 receiver taken got. he needs to go out and prove that he deserves it

Dr. Broncenstein
09-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I would like to see San Fran start taking money off the table for every day he remains unsigned. Good luck next year when 2-3 recievers are taken ahead of him based on size / talent alone... not counting the obvious mental issues. Any possible contribution he could make to the 49ers this year is essentially gone... why pay the guy all of that guaranteed jack now?

Dudeskey
09-08-2009, 11:28 PM

Crabree was taking advice from Gordon Gekko...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7upG01-XWbY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7upG01-XWbY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jutang
09-08-2009, 11:37 PM
I agree that SF really doesn't have any incentive to sign him now... Crabtree will never be able to catch up on all the time he has missed.

OBF1
09-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Personally I could give a rats ass...... Now if he was a Bronco's draft pick, I would hope he rots in hell for holding the team and the fans hostage.

DBroncos4life
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
you honestly believe whats right for him is that he refuse to sign the highest contract offer hes gonna get, sit out a year then sign next year for 1/2 the money?

he has to realize hes NOT getting the top WR money he wants, the niners simply are not gonna cave and would rather watch his career implode. but he doesnt, and thinks if he sits longer hes gonna get 25 million guaranteed instead of 21 million.

Do you know what the 49ers are offering him?

Pick Six
09-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Is everybody forgetting his injury just before the draft? He's damn lucky to even be drafted that high...

boltaneer
09-09-2009, 12:31 AM
I would like to see San Fran start taking money off the table for every day he remains unsigned. Good luck next year when 2-3 recievers are taken ahead of him based on size / talent alone... not counting the obvious mental issues. Any possible contribution he could make to the 49ers this year is essentially gone... why pay the guy all of that guaranteed jack now?

I would love to see teams start doing this.

BroncoMan4ever
09-09-2009, 12:40 AM
he is an idiot and i want to laugh at him next year when he is not only not a top 10 receiver, but isn't a 1st rounder anymore.

he was the top receiver in this years weak draft class, that isn't the case next season, guys with better size and speed and just as much or even more talent are coming out next season, and none of them have shown themselves to be head cases that will be difficult.

let him sit and laugh at his stupidity next year

WABronco
09-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Trying to get a fair deal is one thing. Trying to get more dollars on the premise that you "should have been" drafted higher is a little ridiculous. He is the only unsigned pick. His slot value is set.

BroncoMan4ever
09-09-2009, 03:02 AM
Trying to get a fair deal is one thing. Trying to get more dollars on the premise that you "should have been" drafted higher is a little ridiculous. He is the only unsigned pick. His slot value is set.

the funny thing is that in the months before the draft there are as many as 75 guys who are at one point listed as a possible 1st rounder. imagine if those guys who go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds but at one point carried a 1st round grade tried to pull this crap. "this mock draft said i should have been a 1st rounder, and because of that, i want to be paid like one"

Crabtree is an idiot, if he is really that stupid that he sits out the season, he is going to regret it when he isn't a 1st rounder next year, and he loses millions. right now the difference between what he is being offered and what he wants is like 6 million over the course of the contract, next year the difference between what he could have gotten now, and what he will be forced to sign for will be a lot more than a 6 million dollar difference. it will be something like a 6 million a year loss over what he can get now.

UberBroncoMan
09-09-2009, 04:53 AM
Let him rot. It's a guarantee he won't be picked in the top 10 again, and a guarantee he'll make less money than if he signed this year. Don't forget this is an entire year of MONEY he is giving up. Does he really thing he's going to get a contract next year that gives him not only more money, but enough to make up for missing this year on a 10 round pick contract?

He's a ****ing idiot. He has to be. I don't give a **** how many greedy ****ers you have around you whispering in your ear or how much your agent says it will work out better. He's a complete ****tard to not comprehend what's going to actually happen.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Wouldn't this be an IDEAL time for the new NFL Players Association to step in and do something for Craptree?
DeMorris Smith has been paid for the past 3 months, and so far has met with the commissioner TWICE. Maybe if "rolled up his sleeves" and did something for the good of a player it might help him gain some respect amongst league fans.
It's obvious that Craptree needs some guidance, isn't his agent a relative? That crap always reminds me of Ricky Williams agent, ... DJ McBling or some dumb ass name like that.

So come on DeMorris, you been sitting around counting your dollars for months now, telling the media how the league should be run, and all the things that need to be "addressed" ... How 'bout you step up and do something, to help a player who's obviously getting bad advice!?!?! ???

Broncojef
09-09-2009, 07:00 AM
The whole problem revolves around him not being drafted where he thought he should have been. Its his issue. Instead of rewarding the team that did draft him, thanking them for supporting him when others didn't and proving to others why they were wrong not to draft him, he's acting the ass. Could care less about his talent, sit the next 10 years and it won't bother me. Matter of fact all the teams that passed on him on draft day are probably breathing a sigh of relief. This isn't just an agent thing, bad advice or a remmedy the NFLPA needs to intercede on, this is a young kid who has an axe to grind with the draft and is holding the one team who selected him pay for it...screw him.

rastaman
09-09-2009, 07:27 AM

Man, do you ever get tired of ginning up Drama! I know you're pro team management and all.....but ya gotta admit, contract disputes can and will get ugly btwn player-agent and ownership. Who cares, it ain't our problem. We got a WR-Contract issue/problem of our own. Why dwell on another teams problems when the Broncos have problems of their own. Just Saying.

Both sides must compromise to get a deal done, thats the bottom line.

Popcorn Sutton
09-09-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm personally glad to see it happening along with all the other extended holdouts. It's emphasizes the growing problem the NFL has with rookie contracts and hopefully pushes up the timetable to resolve the issue.

WolfpackGuy
09-09-2009, 07:53 AM
What if the Seasquawks draft him next year with that top 5 pick Denver giftwrapped for them?
Will the Mane server be able to handle it?

SoDak Bronco
09-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Do you know what the 49ers are offering him?

They are offering him a slotted deal between #11 Maybin and #9 BJ Raji. He doesn't have much leverage from there. He and his advisors are pissed bc they think he should get paid more then DHB at #7, unfortunately for him, it doesn't work like that. people slide every year, and inferior players are picked before you, doesn't justify wanting the same dollar amount that they are getting paid. I blame this totally on his advisors and agent. The guy at this point is only hurting himself, his image, and his value going forward. Who would want to draft this clown if he slides into next years draft?

SoDak Bronco
09-09-2009, 08:06 AM
What if the Seasquawks draft him next year with that top 5 pick Denver giftwrapped for them?

Why would there be a meltdown over this diva?

tsiguy96
09-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Man, do you ever get tired of ginning up Drama! I know you're pro team management and all.....but ya gotta admit, contract disputes can and will get ugly btwn player-agent and ownership. Who cares, it ain't our problem. We got a WR-Contract issue/problem of our own. Why dwell on another teams problems when the Broncos have problems of their own. Just Saying.

Both sides must compromise to get a deal done, thats the bottom line.

thats funny coming from you. you know, youre right. when fans actually SEE the results of an idiot wanting to get paid like the #7 pick, but was the #10 pick, they shouldnt care. but when a team doesnt make the GM moves that YOU wanted, while watching games sitting in your couch with a beer, ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!! mcpoopyfacepants destroyed this team, cutler will be the best player evar noooO!

ScottXray
09-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Definitely , as someone using a top 5 pick (from us) to draft this DIVA would be somewhat of a relief...knowing that it would be wasted.

Of course the McD haters here will NEVER let it go if that becomes the case.
They prefer the glass half empty mindset.

broncofan7
09-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Who is his agent?

TheReverend
09-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Wouldn't this be an IDEAL time for the new NFL Players Association to step in and do something for Craptree?
DeMorris Smith has been paid for the past 3 months, and so far has met with the commissioner TWICE. Maybe if "rolled up his sleeves" and did something for the good of a player it might help him gain some respect amongst league fans.
It's obvious that Craptree needs some guidance, isn't his agent a relative? That crap always reminds me of Ricky Williams agent, ... DJ McBling or some dumb ass name like that.

So come on DeMorris, you been sitting around counting your dollars for months now, telling the media how the league should be run, and all the things that need to be "addressed" ... How 'bout you step up and do something, to help a player who's obviously getting bad advice!?!?! ???

LOL

Wasn't that Master P?

WolfpackGuy
09-09-2009, 08:48 AM
LOL

Wasn't that Master P?

Yes, it was.

"Make em say, uhhh"

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/masterp2.jpg

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Who is his agent?
His agent is Eugene Parker.
I was wrong earlier, Parker is NOT related to Crabtree.
I was thinking of an ESPN report that referred to Craptree's cousin David Wells as an "adviser" to Craptree.

Yes Rev, that sounds right. Master P, what a "deal" that was:
At the time, Williams was represented by rapper Master P, who Williams hired after firing first agent Andrew Brandt. Brandt, a lawyer who had represented Williams as a baseball player, later became the salary cap guru and contract negotiator for the Packers. Brandt was with the Packers until early this year.

Under Master P, Williams hired Leland Hardy as his football contract negotiator. Hardy then constructed a rookie deal for Williams that has been used in law schools and business schools as a model for bad contracts.

Williams received a signing bonus worth $8.8 million as part of the deal and could have earned between $11 and $68 million over seven years as part of the contract. Unfortunately, the bulk of the incentives were based on Williams surpassing the first four years in performance by former Denver running back Terrell Davis, whose first four seasons are the most productive by any running back in NFL history.

Williams eventually fired Master P and Hardy and hired Steinberg after his first season. Neither the rapper nor Hardy are agents any longer.
LOL

broncofan7
09-09-2009, 08:58 AM
His agent is Eugene Parker.
I was wrong earlier, Parker is NOT related to Crabtree.

Just another example of BLACK on BLACK crime.......

s0phr0syne
09-09-2009, 09:00 AM
I think Crabtree's demands seem ridiculous if he actually thinks it's going to get him more money. But in all likelihood, it's much more complicated than the simple picture being painted for the public.

Maybe Crabtree's a genius and realizes that he will never put up good numbers in SF such that he would be able to capitalize on all the incentive clauses that would go with a typical NFL contract. In such a scenario, he would (theoretically) either be pushing for an atypical contract in terms of how the clauses are set up, or be okay with sitting out a year, dropping his draft stock, but potentially ending up with a better team.

I'm not saying it's a good strategy, or even the one that they are pursuing. I'm just saying that he could have his own ulterior motives (not necessarily involving retarded "I'm-better-than-DHB"-greed). Calvin Johnson obviously knew that he was entering the s**t-storm in Detroit, but he signed, and has somehow managed to put up good numbers until the Lions finally decided to go out and get a quality starting QB (maybe even 2 what with Daunte's resurgence). Crabtree doesn't seem to be cut from the same cloth, but I suppose time will tell.

Also, I'm going to laugh my ass off if he sits out and IF we end up drafting him next year. I'm sure tsiguy and all the other Trufans will be ready to accept him and be heaping the praise on about how smart "Craptree" was to pull the move that he did.

Br0nc0Buster
09-09-2009, 09:12 AM

wtf
He is asking for top 5 money, asking for more than DHB got

He has an opportunity to get millions of dollars right now
He will NOT get drafted in the top 10 if he sits out a year

He isnt getting lowballed, he is asking for way more than his pick is worth
1 of three things happen
He either gets his contract he wants, unlikely
He signs their contract but essentially throws this season away because of all the time he missed
He doesnt sign and re-enters in which case there is no way he gets drafted in the top 10

Crabtree is a dip**** just like Marshall

55CrushEm
09-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Its Pretty Basic Math. He sits a Year He has to make over 10 Million or so more in his next contract than if he signs. He won't get picked higher. He is basically hosed. Overvaluing yourself is stupid he needs to reevaluate his advisers.

Yep. Crabtree needs to realize (quickly) that the NFL does not need him......he needs the NFL.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-09-2009, 09:22 AM
How freaking HILARIOUS would it be IF:
1 Craptree holds out of the 2009 season, to re-enter the 2010 draft.
2 The NFLPA and NFL Owners got a deal done for 2010 which included a hard cap for rookies
3 Craptree gets drafted in 2010 on a contract that earns him $5m in TOTAL.
ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

I know it's not gonna happen, but the thought of it brightens my day!:sunshine:

DrFate
09-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I want him to sit and go back in the draft. Just to see what happens.

Doubtful that happens, though

oubronco
09-09-2009, 10:33 AM
I just like seeing the word "McPoopyface"

bombay
09-09-2009, 10:36 AM
People care about this?

LetsGoBroncos
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
What exactly are the rules with him going back into the draft?

BroncoMan4ever
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM

my god, do you remember the deal that the rapper Master P got for Williams. that was quite possibly the worst contract ever given in league history, it was so bad it was shocking the league didn't make it be altered. having most of his money tied to an incentive that he would have more rushing yards after 4 years than TD did. no one in league history has done better in their 1st 4 years than TD and his agent thoughtit would be smart to make most of Williams money tied up in bettering a guy who averaged over 1500 yards over his 1st 4 seasons

but on the Crabtree side of things, don't you have to technically be apart of the NFL before you can have anything to do with the Players association? so far outside of the 49ers owning his rights he has nothing to do with the NFL.

Anaximines
09-09-2009, 11:05 AM
...it would suck for any team to lose a top 10 pick b/c some puppy of a wr is getting bad advice from his handlers. (do they get any sort of compensation if he doesn't?....too lazy to look it up)

+1

uplink
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm torn. On one hand it would be nice to see how this plays out with him entering the draft next year. On the other hand this thing was set up by Al Davis with the Bey pick and high salary, so would not want Al to get his way.

NYBronco
09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I want him to stand proud, strong and sit.

This is new territory I don't believe anyone has ever seen in the NFL. Let him return to the nfl draft next year.

The arrogance and lack of logical thought process never ceases to amaze and humor me.

Hang in there Michael, I'm behind you.