PDA

View Full Version : Garcia?

NYC Bronco
09-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Why have I heard twice today that Brandon Marshall will be a good Fantasy WR because of Garcia?

Am I missing something?

rugbythug
09-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I want to play in your leagues

Gcver2ver3
09-08-2009, 07:32 PM
I want to play in your leagues

...Ha!...

Man-Goblin
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Jerry Garcia is dead. Why can't you hippies move on?

SouthStndJunkie
09-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Somebody's smoking the good ****....pass that kush over here.

RhymesayersDU
09-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Why have I heard twice today that Brandon Marshall will be a good Fantasy WR because of Garcia?

Am I missing something?

You know what's weird? I was at this BBQ on Monday, and somebody said that we signed Garcia. I got on my Blackberry, checked ESPN, here, and saw nothing. Is there a rumor going around or something?

I for one would love him. I'd put him as starter immediately. But I digress.

SoCalBronco
09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
It would be a welcome signing if it really is imminent...although I've heard nothing.

He's a stopgap to be sure...but so are the other two clowns and IMO he's more talented and competent than either of them.

The only problem is that they'd have to keep 4 QB's which is alot, as it would probably be unwise to dump Orton or Simms on the eve of the season given that further injuries could occur and they already know the system....and since Brandstater has flashed something here and there, it seems too risky to try and put him on the PS.

SportinOne
09-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Probably the best idea McDaniels never will have.

FireFly
09-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I expect him to be a bronco if Orton is not 100% by Sunday; in which case we will try to slip Branstater through to PS - whether he gets there or not is another question all together - though the smart money would be on the side of him not being claimed.

scorpio
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I think there's about a zero percent chance we sign Garcia

http://imgur.com/9k8rk.jpg

FireFly
09-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I think there's about a zero percent chance we sign Garcia

http://imgur.com/9k8rk.jpg

Why?

We have 2 QB's that could actually start and win imo. If they're both injured it seems like a logical thing to do to me?

Also, examining the injuries ankle sprains depending on how they go down, e.g. can take a LONG time to fully recover from and bones tearing through flesh and skin...well

scorpio
09-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Why?

We have 2 QB's that could actually start and win imo. If they're both injured it seems like a logical thing to do to me?

Also, examining the injuries ankle sprains depending on how they go down, e.g. can take a LONG time to fully recover from and bones tearing through flesh and skin...well

1. old
2. doesn't know the system
3. already have 3 QBs, and the injured ones will return long before Garcia gets a decent grasp of the offense.

SouthStndJunkie
09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I expect him to be a bronco if Orton is not 100% by Sunday; in which case we will try to slip Branstater through to PS - whether he gets there or not is another question all together - though the smart money would be on the side of him not being claimed.

No way would I try and slip Brandstater to the practice squad.

I am not saying he is going to be a star or anything like that right now....but he has shown enough in the preseason that he would get snatched up by some team for sure.

NYC Bronco
09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Just spoke to my brother at Comcast Sportsnet and he said that if you sign a veteran after week 1 his contract is not guaranteed. The rumor is flying around the office.

Stay tuned on Monday/Tuesday

crowebomber
09-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Just spoke to my brother at Comcast Sportsnet and he said that if you sign a veteran after week 1 his contract is not guaranteed. The rumor is flying around the office.

Stay tuned on Monday/Tuesday

In the NFL, no contract is guaranteed except signing bonuses. I don't understand, please explain.

Beantown Bronco
09-09-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd approve of the signing if for no other reason than the remote chance for a few gratuitous shots of Mrs. Jeff Garcia in the stands.

Hotrod
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
i want to play in your leagues

lol

SportinOne
09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
1. old
2. doesn't know the system
3. already have 3 QBs, and the injured ones will return long before Garcia gets a decent grasp of the offense.

1. Simms and Orton are stop gaps, so age really doesn't matter if they are gone after a couple years anyway.

2. Same can be said for our current QB's.

3. What's to say that one or both don't go back down with an inury later in the season? Well, you know that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world since we'd get a great draft pick.

Oh, wait....

scorpio
09-09-2009, 01:58 PM
1. Simms and Orton are stop gaps, so age really doesn't matter if they are gone after a couple years anyway.

2. Same can be said for our current QB's.

3. What's to say that one or both don't go back down with an inury later in the season? Well, you know that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world since we'd get a great draft pick.

Oh, wait....

4. There's a reason Garcia had to sign with the Raiders in the first place and hasn't been picked up yet

Hotrod
09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I think people are making the mistake of thinking Garcia is the Garcia of 4-5 years ago. That is not the case

Bronco LB52
09-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Somebody's smoking the good ****....pass that kush over here.

For a second, I thought GarciaBronco was slanging dank to Marshall.

TheReverend
09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
In the NFL, no contract is guaranteed except signing bonuses. I don't understand, please explain.

The salary.

If you're on the roster for week 1, your salary is all guaranteed.

That's why some teams cut guys, then resign them after just to circumvent that policy.

colonelbeef
09-09-2009, 03:17 PM
he's shot. move on