PDA

View Full Version : OM Bets

rugbythug
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Orton/Simms/Broncos throws for more yards than Cutler/Bears I have 50 on the Broncos. Any Takers?

Dumerville +13 Sacks I have Dumerville $50

Can't think of any other good ones.

RhymesayersDU
09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
I'll bet you all of my Star Wars characters. Except Boba Fett! No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett Man.

rugbythug
09-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I'll bet you all of my Star Wars characters. Except Boba Fett! No matter how sure I am, I never risk the Fett Man.

OK I will use my Collection of Magic Cards.

hambone13
09-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Orton/Simms/Broncos throws for more yards than Cutler/Bears I have 50 on the Broncos. Any Takers?

LOL

I thought it had nothing to do with yards? I'm in for wins..... and I'll throw in the Fett for that one....

SportinOne
09-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Just to be clear,

You are saying Dumerville will have 13 or more sacks?

I'll take that bet if so.

ohiobronco2
09-08-2009, 09:25 PM

LOL

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080125/must-list/family-guy_l.jpg

FireFly
09-08-2009, 09:30 PM

Dude, you are a brave man! :strong:

I love your confidence! ^5

Meck77
09-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Now this thread has potential.

rugbythug
09-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Just to be clear,

Sweet 50 with McChamp-I have Dumerville. ONe Caveat. IF he misses 3 or more games I push.

rugbythug
09-08-2009, 10:28 PM
LOL

I thought it had nothing to do with yards? I'm in for wins..... and I'll throw in the Fett for that one....

But But-3rd Greatest Offense in the NFL Has only Yards to play with. I use the only positive and put my money where my mouth is.

baja
09-08-2009, 10:31 PM
I say Moreno rushes for over 1200 for 20 bucks

I say Denver has more wins than Chicago for 20 bucks

I say McD is in the running for coach of the year for 20 bucks

I say we are better than a 500 team for 20 bucks

I say Orton starts game 16 if he is not injured for 20 bucks.

Meck77
09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
10 bucks per Bronco fan who thinks we will only win 3 games. There are plenty of you.

Line up fellas. Meck needs a new fishing pole.

Chris
09-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I will bet you a bridge I own.

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
i think thedave said the broncos have a 67% chance of winning only 2 games this year....call him up hell prolly bet.

Pick Six
09-09-2009, 12:19 AM
...and Brandstater may throw for more yards than Orton/Simms combined...:thumbs:

TheDave
09-09-2009, 12:41 AM
i think thedave said the broncos have a 67% chance of winning only 2 games this year....call him up hell prolly bet.

All right smart guy... I've said 6-10 for most of this off season. I'll take 6 wins and under, you and your superfan costume can take the over.

Fair?

Doggcow
09-09-2009, 01:30 AM
I'll take 3 or more wins for however much thedave or any anti McD's want to throw at me.

BroncoMan4ever
09-09-2009, 02:53 AM

Royal league leader in receptions, is a bet that i find intriguing. 20 bucks says he does it
(side note, if injury happens bet is a push and does not count)
also i have no doubts on Orton outperforming Jay, and i know Doom is going to have a monster year.

rugbythug
11-26-2009, 09:53 PM
McChamp Owes Me $50.00 WooHoo. I am going to get a Dumerville Jersey to Celebrate!!

Meck77
11-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I bet some fool we'd win more than 6. I believe it was for 100 bucks. Are you man enough to step up or do I have to dig thru my posts?

SportinOne
11-26-2009, 10:39 PM
McChamp Owes Me $50.00 WooHoo. I am going to get a Dumerville Jersey to Celebrate!!

hope you didn't buy it on credit.

i said i'd take the bet, but i figured you would pm me or something afterward. I never gave it another thought.

rugbythug
11-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Why would I need to PM you. Post # 9 was very clear. Are you trying to pull a Bob? I mean are we Chiefs fans around here or something?

broncosteven
11-27-2009, 04:24 PM
10 bucks per Bronco fan who thinks we will only win 3 games. There are plenty of you.

Line up fellas. Meck needs a new fishing pole.

What do those that had 13 wins this year get?

hades
11-27-2009, 04:28 PM
hope you didn't buy it on credit.

i said i'd take the bet, but i figured you would pm me or something afterward. I never gave it another thought.

That's chickenshiznet. The title of the post is about bets, it was pretty clear. I say you owe him 50 bucks.

broncocalijohn
11-27-2009, 10:22 PM
McChamp is a McChump if he doesnt pay. Why post and say you take the bet if you clearly werent going to pay up. A welch against another Broncos fan is worse than Boob's welching. I expect it from that attention whore. McChamp, pay up and I bet he accepts paypal.

SportinOne
11-27-2009, 10:33 PM
McChamp is a McChump if he doesnt pay. Why post and say you take the bet if you clearly werent going to pay up. A welch against another Broncos fan is worse than Boob's welching. I expect it from that attention whore. McChamp, pay up and I bet he accepts paypal.

kudos to him for predicting it, but the bet was never what i would consider "sealed." In all honesty, i expected that if he was serious about it he would pm me after i posted that, or at the very least, repost and say, "Okay, do we have a deal." ...or something to that effect. But he didn't, he added a stipulation to the bet, which i never responded to because i never saw it, and left it at that. The stipulation that he added is really a non issue, because i never felt that i agreed in the first place.

However, even if I had agreed in the first place, i never agreed to the stipulation that he added. Therefore, either way you slice it, there was no confirmed bet.

HAT
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Bet proposed:

Any Takers?

Bet accepted:

Just to be clear,

Bet confirmed:

Sweet 50 with McChamp-I have Dumerville.

Blueflame
11-28-2009, 04:19 AM
Bet proposed:

Bet accepted:

Bet confirmed:

Betcha there's no player on the roster with the name "Dumerville".... :P

rugbythug
11-28-2009, 07:52 AM
McChamp are you for real? For fifty bucks you sell your Respect. Wow that is amazing.

tsiguy96
11-28-2009, 07:59 AM
All right smart guy... I've said 6-10 for most of this off season. I'll take 6 wins and under, you and your superfan costume can take the over.

Fair?

i wish i wore my superfan costume on that day, youd like look a retard now (more so than you already do from your offseason haterade).

crawdad
11-28-2009, 09:49 AM

Absofugginlutely!

chadta
11-28-2009, 09:57 AM

:thumbsup:

Bronx33
11-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Just make a $50 dollar (confirmed) donation to taco and the orangemane. ( problem solved)

Cleo McDowell
11-28-2009, 11:46 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ydqjqZ_3oc&hl=ko_KR&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ydqjqZ_3oc&hl=ko_KR&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SportinOne
11-28-2009, 06:43 PM
McChamp are you for real? For fifty bucks you sell your Respect. Wow that is amazing.

Again, for the last time, I was never under the assumption that this bet was a done deal. Yes, i said I would take the bet. Looking back, I would take the bet 100 times out of 100. But I assumed you would contact me afterwards if you were serious. This is a message forum, where people throw out BS all the time that they aren't serious about. I don't have time to scour the forum for your reply, and if you really wanted to make sure you had money on this you could have at least pm'd me. I would have said "Yes." It was a risky bet on your part. Heck, i might have given you 2 to 1 odds! That's not the point. The point is that if you want things to be official you must confirm them.

Second. Let's just imagine that the exchange of posts that occurred between us would constitute a wager. You then added a stipulation that I never saw, and never agreed to.

Again, beside the point, although it is a point. The real point is that I did not think that the bet was official when you failed to follow up with me. I never read a single post after mine, so I didn't see any of your responses. I assumed that someone who was so hard up to bet on the Broncos would have put some effort into making sure the bet was official. I know I would have.

mr007
11-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with McChamp on this one. You can't throw out that caveat post and not have an agree/disagree from McChamp... the bet wasn't put together well.

rugbythug
12-02-2009, 07:10 PM
McCHamp You are Welching. You say you would have still taken the Bet if I had contacted you. Why would have I had to contact you? You did take the bet. Now you won't pay. If you would have said PM me for details I would have done so. You are welching. You are adding an unspoken, unwritten stipulation to a bet as your reasoning for welching. Meanwhile you object to a clarification written in the same thread. This is Bobbery in High form.

Ironlung
12-02-2009, 07:28 PM
I wonder if McChamp would have attempted to collect if Doom did not reach 13 sacks ... and if so, how would he react if the other party would've said "oh, you didn't pm me with confirmation"

SoDak Bronco
12-02-2009, 08:43 PM
McChamp is punking out

That One Guy
12-02-2009, 10:08 PM
I can also agree that had Doom gone down, the injury stipulation would've been highly disputed and since it wasn't agreed upon, would've been an issue. Since it wasn't an issue though and the bet, as was agreed upon, is complete... that's weak.

Unless you tell someone to give you the super-secret handshake to seal something, it's not a loophole to get out of it. Maybe I'll try that with my cable company rather than pay the bill tomorrow.

"Yeah, I signed the thing but it was in ink. You should know ink doesn't mean anything. If you really wanted my money, we'd have both pricked our fingers and signed in blood."

OABB
12-02-2009, 10:37 PM
mcchamp must have watched Ghostbusters when he was a kid.

theAPAOps5
12-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Just to be clear,

Hmmm lets see you didn't stipulate a PM for clarification Dumervile has more than 13 and here you are looking for a loophole. Pretty ****ing weak man.

rugbythug
12-06-2009, 06:19 PM
mcchamp must have watched Ghostbusters when he was a kid.

I knew it

SJ Bronco
12-06-2009, 06:22 PM
This thread reeks of fail

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/5/10may29-fail.jpg

worm
12-06-2009, 06:46 PM
This thread reeks of fail

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2008/5/10may29-fail.jpg

FYI. Never, ever, ever date that girl on the far left.

worm
12-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I knew it

Curious Rug. If Doom missed 3 games or more....would you have paid up if he finished under 13?

rugbythug
12-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Curious Rug. If Doom missed 3 games or more....would you have paid up if he finished under 13?

I pay every bet I make. Currently I think Orton is behind Cutler in yds so if anyone would have taken that bet I would be sending money. As to the Caveat of an injury push if McWelcher would have had a problem with it I would pay its only $50.00.

SportinOne
12-07-2009, 01:43 AM
I pay every bet I make. Currently I think Orton is behind Cutler in yds so if anyone would have taken that bet I would be sending money. As to the Caveat of an injury push if McWelcher would have had a problem with it I would pay its only $50.00.

Yes, you would have, because you thought we had a bet. I, however, did not think we had a bet. If you read the thread from top to bottom, it does look like we made a deal. But you have to take into account the fact that after my reply I never came back to the thread. I never saw your response, I didn't take you seriously, and when you didn't PM me i forgot all about it.

Last time I will explain myself. Enjoy the rest of the season.

rugbythug
12-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Yes, you would have, because you thought we had a bet. I, however, did not think we had a bet. If you read the thread from top to bottom, it does look like we made a deal. But you have to take into account the fact that after my reply I never came back to the thread. I never saw your response, I didn't take you seriously, and when you didn't PM me i forgot all about it.

You didn't need to explain yourself. I get it. You run your mouth and talk things you don't back up. Won't be the first welcher on this board (bob) Probably not the last. I do wish you would stop pretending that if only x would have happened you would have followed through. If you were someone who does follow through you would. Just because you never thought anything more about it does not resolve the fact that you accepted in the first place.

Broncomutt
12-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Well done on the prediction Rugby. I wouldn't have taken that bet but Doom has played lights out.

McChamp = Weak :Whaaaa!:

vancejohnson82
12-07-2009, 07:07 AM
wow.....thats some weak stuff there from McChamp

good call on the sack number Rugby

DrFate
12-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm already down 20 bills to BroncoMan4ever.

Not sure I can afford to lose anymore cash...

Dukes
12-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Welching on a fellow Bronco fan and Maner is weak.

Lev Vyvanse
12-07-2009, 08:57 AM

So, you would have had no problem taking his money. That is ****ing weak.

Kaylore
12-07-2009, 09:18 AM
You should always pay your bets. If nothing else this should teach not to make them.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I think McChamp forgot about this bet and would not go back if he won. Problem is Rug didnt forget and has this proof. As I stated b4, if you dont attend to bet, dont post the reply for it.