PDA

View Full Version : Josina Anderson should have her reporting license revoked

ND Bronco Fan
09-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Topic edited by original poster......original poster slaps himself because he posted something from Josina Anderson that ended up being not true

Mr.Meanie
09-08-2009, 03:33 PM
wow.

Los Broncos
09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
yeah really, wow.

ND Bronco Fan
09-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Original tweet with link to article was this:

JosinaAndersonAgent tells fox 31 that rookie tight end richard quinn released this morning..story at kdvr.com

Tweet minutes after I started thread:

Josina Anderson agent just clarified he meant he was released from jail..please excuse less than 5 seconds ago from txt

Sorry again.

AlienBronco
:kiddingme

azbroncfan
Paging Leonard Pope.

SoDak Bronco
what a great pick

cutthemdown
UHG!!!!!! Wow what a bust.

2nd round picks are like gold in the NFL.

ND Bronco Fan
Sorry guys, I was only posting link from Josina Anderson Twitter........I will edit thread and or try to delete

WABronco
Ho-ly Shi-T-acky Mush-rooms.

Are you serious? I mean, serious? For real? Wow, are you serious?

kamakazi_kal
09-08-2009, 03:36 PM
son of a bitch ..... cant we wait until we find out if he's guilty ....

Mr.Meanie
Josina Anderson agent just clarified he mneant he was released from jail..please excuse less than 5 seconds ago from txt

hahaha... the anti-McD crowd was about to blow this thread the f up

WABronco
WoW **** YOU JOSINA ANDERSON YOU CANKEROUS WHORE BAG

Seriously what a joke you are, "Josina".

SoDak Bronco
09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I was gonna say

Mr. Elway
epic fail on this thread and on Josina (again)

frerottenextelway
How long til he's a Raider?

worm
That was a horribly worded article.

Fox News Rocks!!!!

BigPlayShay
09-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Whoa. Uh, WTF? Traded up for in the 2nd and now released? He must be guilty, because I can't see him getting released if he isn't. Any chance he clears waivers and gets thrown on the PS?

EDIT: Should have ****ing known it was Josina "wordsmith" Anderson.

PRBronco
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Haha wow that was some dramatic ****. Josina is like the worst at internet ever.

BroncoSojia
Josina Anderson agent just clarified he mneant he was released from jail..please excuse less than 5 seconds ago from txt

http://www.postpixel.com.au/blog-img/fail.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
i'm guessing mcd might already be privy to info that we do not, and that makes this dillhole expendable. mcd doesn't want ignorant a-holes who hit women on his team and i'm on board with that. but damn, to watch a 2nd rounder go up in smoke...

Old Dude
09-08-2009, 03:40 PM

Josina needs to pick up on the lingo, heh?

ND Bronco Fan
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
There was five minutes in between tweets I was not trying to be funny but rather posting the info that was on KDVR.com website via Josina twitter page.

STOP WITH THE EPIC FAIL CRAP

Los Broncos
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Slap yourself for doing so.

WABronco
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
There was five minutes in between tweets I was not trying to be funny but rather posting the info that was on KDVR.com website via Josina twitter page.

No ya lol EPIC fail on Anderson's part.

BroncoSojia
09-08-2009, 03:43 PM

The pic was directed at Josina, not you.

ND Bronco Fan
Slap yourself for doing so.

Already did.......thought it was worthy of posting since it was an article on KDVR website. (that since got taken down faster than paris hilton's panties)

theAPAOps5
BWAHAHAHAHA I started to start a thread and then thought better!

WABronco
09-08-2009, 03:44 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9218/quinnreleased.jpg

^There's a screen-cap of the original "story"...

Not that I know how this so-called journalism thing works and all, but ya that was pretty bad.

ND Bronco Fan
09-08-2009, 03:44 PM
The pic was directed at Josina, not you.

K-sorry for being a prick, its contagious around here!!!!

PRBronco
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM

Not that I know how this so-called journalism thing works and all, but ya that was pretty bad.

Haha good catch.

Florida_Bronco
09-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Is it possible to institute a ban on posting any Josina related news stories here? Seriously, that woman flat out sucks.

worm
09-08-2009, 03:47 PM
You should have left the article up. It was hilarious. She stated the Broncos weren't immediately available for comment.

What did she do...give them 2 minutes? Did they not tweet back to her? Did she even try contacting them?

She should be fired over this. Gross negligence.

Mr. Elway
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
K-sorry for being a prick, its contagious around here!!!!

My epic fail was directed at you, for clarification. But it was just a cheap shot for my own enjoyment, and not a meaningful contribution to the board. I'm not sorry ;D

ND Bronco Fan
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Is it possible to institute a ban on posting any Josina related news stories here? Seriously, that woman flat out sucks.

I would have agreed with you even before I posted that article, I will not post any of her "tweets" just because they are garbage but for the article to make it to their website like the screen capture showed I figured it was legit.

PRBronco
09-08-2009, 03:53 PM
You should have left the article up. It was hilarious. She stated the Broncos weren't immediately available for comment.

What did she do...give them 2 minutes? Did they not tweet back to her? Did she even try contacting them?

She should be fired over this. Gross negligence.

I would have loved if they were available for comment: "Broncos PR director commented on the matter: 'wtf are you talking about Josina?' More at 11!"

DenverBrit
09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Reporting license??

I doubt anyone thinks that self serving 'gossip' is a reporter. Ha!

BigPlayShay
09-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Reporting license??

I doubt anyone thinks that self serving 'gossip' is a reporter. Ha!

Therein lies the problem, she does not describe herself as a gossip columnist. Her bio on Twitter states "Weeekend Co-Anchor/Reporter/Producer". I would hate her less (maybe) if she admitted to being just a gossip hack.

Mr.Meanie
09-08-2009, 04:05 PM
I would have loved if they were available for comment: "Broncos PR director commented on the matter: 'wtf are you talking about Josina?' More at 11!"

Ha!

24champ
09-08-2009, 04:06 PM

Wonder if some posters will still defend her here?

I realize some of them left the site or took a hiatus.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Wonder if some posters will still defend her here?

I realize some of them left the site or took a hiatus.

Well I won't defend her reporting anymore but I will still say the crude remarks made are not neccessary.

24champ
09-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Well I won't defend her reporting anymore but I will still say the crude remarks made are not neccessary.

Understand that.

That being said... she is a public figure. There are crude remarks about Presidents, news anchors, sports announcers...etc.

DomCasual
09-08-2009, 04:14 PM

Ho-lee crap! That's just embarrassing.

theAPAOps5
09-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Agreed, but she is a public figure. There are crude remarks about Presidents, news anchors, sports announcers...etc.

Well yes I agree but some of the things said are still not warranted. I am referring to the extreme remarks mind you.

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Well yes I agree but some of the things said are still not warranted. I am referring to the extreme remarks mind you.

Who's saying something inappropriate??!?!?!

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/129651-1/Cucumber_BJ_lesson.gif

DomCasual
09-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Who's saying something inappropriate??!?!?!

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/129651-1/Cucumber_BJ_lesson.gif

You do realize there's no way that could be Josina, right?

To my knowledge, Josina is left-handed.

BroncoBuff
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
She had a quote from the agent for heaven's sake ... unless she made it up, there's nothing wrong with the story.

Mr. Elway
09-08-2009, 04:29 PM
She had a quote from the agent for heaven's sake ... unless she made it up, there's nothing wrong with the story.

Except for the fact that it was completely wrong. Reporters are supposed to check their facts before publishing.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-08-2009, 04:29 PM

If she's unsure about the context the word "released" was used in, don't you think a smart reporter would follow up? She thought she had scoop and was too stupid to sit there and think if what she was going to report even made sense. There is 0 blame to put on anyone else, unless we're to blame Quinn's agent because he didn't realize that he was dealing with a moron.

All she needed was a follow up question, but something like that didn't even cross her mind.

BroncoBuff
09-08-2009, 04:30 PM
If she's unsure about the context the word "released" was used in, don't you think a smart reporter would follow up? She thought she had scoop and was too stupid to sit there and think if what she was going to report even made sense. There is 0 blame to put on anyone else, unless we're to blame Quinn's agent because he didn't realize that he was dealing with a moron.

All she needed was a follow up question, but something like that didn't even cross her mind.

okay, i see now ....

BigPlayShay
09-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Buff, the problem is that she takes quotes and information from sources (99.9% of the time anonymous) at surface and just runs with them. She is responsible for asking the right questions, that is her job. If the agent says he is released, she needs to ask from where. She is irresponsible in the way she conducts herself.

SureShot
09-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Dortoh sez:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/kodiak1122/cbrforum/SuckAtInternet.jpg

24champ
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM
You do realize there's no way that could be Josina, right?

To my knowledge, Josina is left-handed.

She's two handed with me.:thanku:

DomCasual
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM

No, I don't doubt that she has a quote. Whether she completely misunderstood the quote is another story.

Let's say you and I are college buddies, and you hear from a friend that I've been in a car accident. You decide to post something about it on Facebook, so you call the hospital to get a status report. They tell you that I had been there, but that I "was released this morning."

You immediately post on Facebook: "I just got shocking news! DomCasual has been killed in a car accident! I'll update everyone as soon as I have funeral information."

When I get barraged with phone calls, I call and ask you just what in the world you were thinking. You tell me that you called the hospital, they told you that I had been released, and you just assumed that they were saying I had been released to the morgue.

Now, I had been in a car accident; I had been in the hospital; and I was released. From there, your logic just took a bit of a hit.

DomCasual
09-08-2009, 04:40 PM

I wonder if you should go get checked out at the clinic.

cutthemdown
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
the new thing is to be first with a scoop or tweet. The problem is in doing so they are often wrong or have bad information.

No other reporters on the planet can get away with the rumors that flow over NFL football. It's a joke and the whole industry needs to go back and take ethics classes all over again.

Yeah in school we all breezed through those classes, but they are important to your trade. They show you what is acceptable for your profession. Reporting like this has made the NFL sort of like a reality show where people lie and say whatever just to get people to read.

You are reading about a real sport, but these reporters are a total joke.

Florio, Schefter, Josina, all these reporters who are in a rush to be first forget that what's really important is being right and accurate.

Schefter not as bad as most but he does it also.

Bronco Yoda
09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry guys, I was only posting link from Josina Anderson Twitter........I will edit thread and or try to delete

"Posting link from Josina's Twitter"... Just a stupid immature thought here, but just imagine if someone were to say something like this 10 years ago. What would you be thinking :giggle:

24champ
09-08-2009, 05:01 PM

I did. They think its a result of the H1N15incher flu I had when I was a baby.

UberBroncoMan
09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
God she's so damn bad. I don't know how any of you can link the stuff she writes.

BroncoBuff
09-08-2009, 05:11 PM
No, I don't doubt that she has a quote. Whether she completely misunderstood the quote is another story.
Exactly exactly, sorry about that ....

lex
09-08-2009, 05:13 PM
God she's so damn bad. I don't know how any of you can link the stuff she writes.

Vic Lombardi, Kiszla, Klis, Armstrong, Lindsay Jones,...they all suck.

elsid13
09-08-2009, 05:14 PM

One hand for the magnifying glass and one hand for the tweezers. ;D

broncocalijohn
09-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Paging Leonard Pope.

When i read that I thought, "No big deal to us." But noooow, he is a good TE and looks like we need one. Never saw this one coming but horrible news and draft pick.Thanks Josina.

24champ
09-08-2009, 05:24 PM
One hand for the magnifying glass and one hand for the tweezers. ;D

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/130654-2/Turkish_talkshow_spaz.gif

Man-Goblin
09-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Agent just clarified again. Actually, Richard Quinn was released into outer space (probable for Sunday).

DomCasual
09-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Did anyone catch this tweet from Josina, a few hours after her "Richard Quinn has been released" gem?

# I have the texts to prove a certain individual knew in what context we were discussing a player's "departure." ill leave it at that.

6:11 PM Sep 8th from txt

Are you kidding me? She's a complete idiot.

scorpio
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Did anyone catch this tweet from Josina, a few hours after her "Richard Quinn has been released" gem?

Are you kidding me? She's a complete idiot.

I did catch that. Her faux pas even made PFT

footstepsfrom#27
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Perhaps she should get checked.