PDA

View Full Version : A good reason to enjoy week #1

ZONA
09-07-2009, 10:54 PM
It might be ugly but none the less, yeah, it's week #1 and everybody is even Steven.

We wait for the draft, then we wait for OTA's, then we wait for camp and preseason and it seems the offseason is never ending. Then all of a sudden it's week #1 and you're pumped. This is what you have been waiting for. You watch the game and you're excited. Then you wake up the next day and somehow it's week #8 and you're wondering where the hell the first half of the season went. Doesn't matter if the team is 1-7 or 8-0, there's a little part of you that feels kinda bad that half the season is already over and you feel as though it just got started, and you get a little pissed about it as you realize, soon, in yet another blink of an eye, it's back to the long dog days of life without the NFL season.

I don't know about you but it seems that way to me every year. The NFL season is so short, you can miss it if you blink.

Enjoy week #1 people, before you know it week #12 will be staring you right in the face.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 10:55 PM
It's the most

Wonderful time

Of the year!

(screw Christmas)

lostknight
09-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Enjoy week #1 people, before you know it week #12 will be staring you right in the face.

If week 1 doesn't go well, week 12 might be a very long way away.

Broncofan_H
09-07-2009, 11:05 PM
It might be ugly but none the less, yeah, it's week #1 and everybody is even Steven.

We wait for the draft, then we wait for OTA's, then we wait for camp and preseason and it seems the offseason is never ending. Then all of a sudden it's week #1 and you're pumped. This is what you have been waiting for. You watch the game and you're excited. Then you wake up the next day and somehow it's week #8 and you're wondering where the hell the first half of the season went. Doesn't matter if the team is 1-7 or 8-0, there's a little part of you that feels kinda bad that half the season is already over and you feel as though it just got started, and you get a little pissed about it as you realize, soon, in yet another blink of an eye, it's back to the long dog days of life without the NFL season.

I don't know about you but it seems that way to me every year. The NFL season is so short, you can miss it if you blink.

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's crazy how fast the season goes. Thanks for the reminder to just relax and enjoy it.

Popps
09-07-2009, 11:23 PM
If week 1 doesn't go well, week 12 might be a very long way away.

Then quit watching, dick-cheese.

If week 1 goes poorly, I'll be excited about week 2, like most fans.

But, you can go hide until things are safe again if you want. Poke your head out again when we're in the playoffs. We'll let you back on the bandwagon.

atomicbloke
09-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Why is the NFL season so short?

It's like a 5-month season, followed by a 7 month off-season.

Or if your team doesn't make the playoffs, then a 4-month season for a 8-month off-season!! Thats waaay too long!

lex
09-08-2009, 01:07 AM

But, you can go hide until things are safe again if you want. Poke your head out again when we're in the playoffs. We'll let you back on the bandwagon.
The Felatiating Flock...nice!

watermock
09-08-2009, 01:21 AM

indeed

watermock
09-08-2009, 01:26 AM

Yes Sir, True Fan!

Dick-Cheese?

wow

watermock
09-08-2009, 01:28 AM
We'll let you back on the bandwagon.

wow, thanks.

Atwater His Ass
09-08-2009, 02:03 AM
what a stupid ****ing post

TailgateNut
09-08-2009, 06:30 AM

:spit:

Bronco Boy
09-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Plus we're undefeated.

broncofan7
09-08-2009, 07:17 AM

Couldn't agree more! Best time of the year for sure..Hopefully McD surprises me--he has asked us to judge him based upon his W-L record--and I will do just that. He needs to be 8-8 or better.

Dagmar
09-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Yes Sir, True Fan!

Dick-Cheese?

wow

Yeah, he's be better making some really witty remark like "McDummy".

Or Beavis.

Or Dimwit.

Broncos123
09-08-2009, 07:57 AM
My wife says, "16 week soap opera for men". It is great going through all the ups and downs.

BlaK-Argentina
09-08-2009, 10:28 AM
So true, it sucks that the NFL season is so short. I was saying to my brother last night: "Is it already september 8?? The NFL season is almost over!"

It goes by WAY too fast.

broncosteven
09-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Plus we're undefeated.

A pessimist could say we are also winless...

I am excited to see the unfettered, unhinged, release of the monster that will be our new Offense and the domination of our new D.

I am gonna watch my Saturn V DVD set while listening to AC/DC with both cranked up full volume. There is nothing like watching a Saturn stack rise slowly and break free of the massive counterweight hinges while slabs of ice fall to the pad. The flames lick the pad as the steam, from the water dumped to prevent the sound waves from ripping the stack apart, slowly rises in an otherworldly haze. The long finger of the exhaust trail connecting the stack to the earth gets longer and longer slowly breaking free and pulling away from the earth as the ship breaks Mach1 and approaches MaxQ.

Los Broncos
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Best weekend of the year IMO, nothing like looking forward to a weekend of football.

DrFate
09-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Didn't take long for the fan police to rush in and bust up this thread.

PRBronco
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
The only upside to such a short season is it's the perfect excuse: "There's only 16 Broncos games in a whole year, how can you ask me to miss one?" Works every time :D

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Wife is already on notice for 15 games! (We're going to Denver for the other game)

I'll be at the bar, HOT wings in one hand, beer in the other ... "enduring" 4 flat-screens of NFL week 1! ;)

TailgateNut
09-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Wife is already on notice for 15 games! (We're going to Denver for the other game)

I'll be at the bar, HOT wings in one hand, beer in the other ... "enduring" 4 flat-screens of NFL week 1! ;)

No doubt, regardless of outcome, during the away games the living room system, den and garage tv's(aka smoking room) will be tuned to the game.

I still need to get a digital converter for the RV for early games in the lot.

Tombstone RJ
09-08-2009, 12:40 PM

It's like a 5-month season, followed by a 7 month off-season.

Or if your team doesn't make the playoffs, then a 4-month season for a 8-month off-season!! Thats waaay too long!

Injuries, plain and simple. You can't keep a team healthy for more than about 16 weeks (plus the post season along with the preseason). Players just wear down.

Mr.Meanie
09-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I know it sucks, but having such a short season is probably what makes football so popular...every single game means something.

Good post though, enjoy every moment!

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-08-2009, 12:58 PM
The other explanation:
Two words - Earl Campbell.

missingnumber7
09-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I know it sucks, but having such a short season is probably what makes football so popular...every single game means something.

100% in agreeance...I hope that Goodell doesn't change it.

lex
09-08-2009, 01:07 PM

Football is popular because it combines a lot of skills into one sport. You can be short or tall and play football. Its a sport that features something as graceful as Lynn Swann and as violent as Dick Butkus. Its a sport thats fast moving and also one that most closely resembles war in strategy and also in how the game is played (its about acquiring real estate).

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 01:11 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/catspjs/bronco%20fan.jpg

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Football is popular because it combines a lot of skills into one sport. You can be short or tall and play football. Its a sport that features something as graceful as Lynn Swann and as violent as Dick Butkus. Its a sport thats fast moving and also one that most closely resembles war in strategy and also in how the game is played (its about acquiring real estate).

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/16/as-gay-as-this.jpg

TailgateNut
09-08-2009, 01:19 PM

Hilarious!

Los Broncos
09-08-2009, 01:22 PM
What's with people who tuck their jersey into their jeans?

It looks stupid, don't do it.

mhgaffney
09-08-2009, 04:13 PM
If we go 0-16 it will be a VERY long season.

PRBronco
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
If we go 0-16 it will be a VERY long OFFseason.

Fixed!

lex
09-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Funny, guy. But you still haha, guy.

FireFly
09-08-2009, 05:19 PM
It's true, the season is over before it starts and the off season seems to go on FOREVER every time :(

And it makes me sad!

I suppose the upside of this off season is that its hasn't been boring :)

broncofan7
09-08-2009, 06:19 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/catspjs/bronco%20fan.jpg

Who the heck is THAT DOUCHE? My god..he looks like a Jake Plummer Wanna-be

broncofan7
09-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Hilarious!

Does that picture give you flashbacks to 'nam and the cough, cough 'pretty Vietnamese cough, cough 'girls' that you used to have a lil' R & R with? :rofl:

ZONA
09-08-2009, 06:50 PM
what a stupid ****ing post

Everybody seems to be enjoying it but you. Dude, you're such a F'n Tool it's not even funny. Anybody who has a beef with a post about the NFL season going by to fast is such an ass hat.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/good-news-channel/121736d1242625940-tony-belmont-wheres-credit-haha-asshat.jpg

Rock Chalk
09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
It's the most

Wonderful time

Of the year!

(screw Christmas)

Its a great time of year.

But the most wonderful time of year is March.

TailgateNut
09-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Does that picture give you flashbacks to 'nam and the cough, cough 'pretty Vietnamese cough, cough 'girls' that you used to have a lil' R & R with? :rofl:

No, but I do dream of the good times had in S. Korea.

Young and set free among thousands of very beautiful and very friendly women. Fly NOE missions during the day and flying by the seat of your pants at night.