PDA

View Full Version : Free Sunday Ticket

rbackfactory80
09-07-2009, 06:44 PM
For all direct tv customers who don't already pay for it this weekend. Don't have to go to the bar. Yay:thumbsup:

bap454
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
can someone please translate....????

frerottenextelway
09-07-2009, 08:13 PM
can someone please translate....????

DirecTV gives the Ticket free to all customers for the first week.

It's intended to get people hooked and purchase it for the full year - kinda like they do with ShowTime and HBO every once in awhile.

rbackfactory80
09-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Sure. If you are a direct tv subscriber they are giving the first week of the NFL ticket free! Basically giving everyone a taste to get them hooked thus increasing sales. Comprende?

Dendave
09-07-2009, 08:23 PM
do I get a refund?

watermock
09-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Last year they gave first 8 weeks free NFL pass internet.

any leads on that?

Chris
09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
What is the cheapest bare bones DTV package? I don't watch TV. All I want is Broncos.

Bronx33
09-07-2009, 08:34 PM
What is the cheapest bare bones DTV package? I don't watch TV. All I want is Broncos.

Where do you live?

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Nice. Hopefully there are some swell afternoon games going.

Chris
09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
where do you live?

nyc

Bronx33
09-07-2009, 09:12 PM
nyc

Well i depends on the area you live but you would have to buy the NFL package to make sure you get the bronco game or a poster on here seeds the game every week so people can watch it on their computer. I checked it out and i was pretty impressed with the quality and it's free.

http://watchthedenverbroncos.wordpress.com/

Chris
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks. I've been using that. Still, would be nice to see the games in HD.

Bronx33
09-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks. I've been using that. Still, would be nice to see the games in HD.

Open the wallet then...8')

Pony Boy
09-07-2009, 10:00 PM
If you have Dish Network an own an RV you can get East coast and West Coast feeds along with your local channels. I get games in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.orangemane.com/BB/ /><st1:State w:st=New York</st1:State>, <st1:City w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Francisco</st1:place></st1:City> and more. I can pick up a lot of the Bronco's games that I otherwise wouldn’t get. Not to mention a ton of college games. All you do is call All American Direct and give them your VIN # for your RV they beam the signal to your dish receiver. I think is about $12.00 a month if you pay by the year, its well worth it .........

ZONA
09-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Chris, just call DirecTV and ask them if you can order Denver local channels. They will check your area code and if you live outside city limits of a major city, you will probably have no problems. It's $5.00 a month and they come in HD. Then all you do for the local channels where you live is go to Best Buy and get an HD intenna for like $20 and then you have local channels for Denver and the area where you live. It's simple.

Thy only way they can't do it is if you live close to or in a major city, then the FCC regulates what local channels you are allowed to have access to and they won't let you have any local channels but the one's closest to you.

Malcontent
09-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I work for DishNetwork...I get calls by the dozens every day from ppl wanting out of DirectTV..Ripoffs, lies, etc....proceed at your own risk all.

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I work for DishNetwork...I get calls by the dozens every day from ppl wanting out of DirectTV..Ripoffs, lies, etc....proceed at your own risk all.

i guarantee directtv gets an equal number of calls hating dishnetwork, and comcast gets a number of calls from people that hate either or both....

Malcontent
09-08-2009, 01:01 AM
i guarantee directtv gets an equal number of calls hating dishnetwork, and comcast gets a number of calls from people that hate either or both....

Damn you and your logic....you probably rite...

Quoydogs
09-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Damn you and your logic....you probably rite...

Dish sucks. Direct tv baby. It is kinda like verison cell phones sure you will pay a little more but you get what you pay for. I also know that Direct TV bends you over for NFL Ticket but if that is the price I have to pay to watch the Broncos play every week then I am in. Besides it is only the cost of going to the sports bar 5 times. Maybe only 3 times if they play as good as everyone is saying they are going too. ROFL!

SonOfLe-loLang
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
My apt building is taking down all satelitte dishes after this weekend. Im beyond pissed...ive been a sunday ticket customer for like 12 years and now will no longer have it. i feel like less of a human now:)

BigPlayShay
09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
so, if you already have DirecTV it will just show up this weekend, or do you have to call to get the free preview?

SonOfLe-loLang
09-08-2009, 11:54 AM
so, if you already have DirecTV it will just show up this weekend, or do you have to call to get the free preview?

i think it just shows up

ScottXray
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
My apt building is taking down all satelitte dishes after this weekend. Im beyond pissed...ive been a sunday ticket customer for like 12 years and now will no longer have it. i feel like less of a human now:)

Do you have a balcony or window that faces south? Any area of an apartment that is for your exclusive use is YOURS to do with as you please. You may not be able to MOUNT a dish , but you can put one on a stand on that balcony and they can't do BOO about it, as its illegal for them to say you can't have one.

Also, you can look through a window, if you can get line of sight to the satellites. You may have to open the window if its double paned, (put the shrink plastic over it if it bothers you).

Look on craigs list for the stand. A lot of them are sold for RV's.

Without a view to the south you may be screwed.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Do you have a balcony or window that faces south? Any area of an apartment that is for your exclusive use is YOURS to do with as you please. You may not be able to MOUNT a dish , but you can put one on a stand on that balcony and they can't do BOO about it, as its illegal for them to say you can't have one.

Also, you can look through a window, if you can get line of sight to the satellites. You may have to open the window if its double paned, (put the shrink plastic over it if it bothers you).

Look on craigs list for the stand. A lot of them are sold for RV's.

Without a view to the south you may be screwed.

Appreciate the advice, but ive tried everything. its funny, they say you can have them on the balcony, full well knowing that none of the balconies actually face the southern sky. I proposed building an 8 foot pole off my balcony that reached over the roof and they promptly shot that down.

this has everything to do with their new contract with time warner. Money rules everything. I ****ing hate them. I guess there are greater tragedies in life than having togo to a sports bar 9-10 times a year

broncosteven
09-08-2009, 12:43 PM

It should be in the 700's on your TV guide.

broncosteven
09-08-2009, 12:46 PM

I do not have any packages, I just signed up for Sunday Ticket, It was like 10 years ago but I didn't have to buy any other packages for it work. I am not sure if they changed this but I have Att Uverse and the Dish only for Broncos football.

This year they upgraded my box but I don't have anything other than the ticket.

I hope the new box works Sunday.

WolfpackGuy
09-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Takes me back to the good old days of "free" DirecTV.
That all ended when they came out with the P4 card in late 2002. :(

rbackfactory80
09-08-2009, 01:21 PM

Click to the 700 area when the early games come on and you should be set.

ScottXray
09-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Appreciate the advice, but ive tried everything. its funny, they say you can have them on the balcony, full well knowing that none of the balconies actually face the southern sky. I proposed building an 8 foot pole off my balcony that reached over the roof and they promptly shot that down.

this has everything to do with their new contract with time warner. Money rules everything. I ****ing hate them. I guess there are greater tragedies in life than having togo to a sports bar 9-10 times a year

Time for a new apartment then....or a house...use that first time home buyer credit. Plus there's probably never a better time than now , especially in LALA land.

I can see the "not over the side of the building on a pole position" though , due to liability problems.

Sucks that they are selling you out to Time Warner though. Does that have any bearing on your lease...changing the terms can't be unilateral...was there any language about the satellite tv supplied in the lease?

Might help you get out of it.

Chris
09-08-2009, 04:35 PM
If anyone's in NYC let me know.

BigPlayShay
09-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Click to the 700 area when the early games come on and you should be set.

Thanks! Hope to catch the Texans game.

Circle Orange
09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Free Sunday Ticket?

Gee, that's better than my idea of a ladder and splice kit...me and some friends were gonna do a little 'work' around 2 A.M.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Time for a new apartment then....or a house...use that first time home buyer credit. Plus there's probably never a better time than now , especially in LALA land.

I can see the "not over the side of the building on a pole position" though , due to liability problems.

Sucks that they are selling you out to Time Warner though. Does that have any bearing on your lease...changing the terms can't be unilateral...was there any language about the satellite tv supplied in the lease?

Might help you get out of it.

haha its funny because my first thought was IM MOVING!!!! But then after my brief tantrum, i realized I'd be completely moving apartments (out of an apt i love and possibly a neighborhood i love) because i dont want to watch 10 football games at a sports bar that is literally a block away. So I'm not going to move, but i will pout at the sports bar:)

dbfan4life
09-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Nice!

jtomm
09-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Dish sucks. Direct tv baby. It is kinda like verison cell phones sure you will pay a little more but you get what you pay for. I also know that Direct TV bends you over for NFL Ticket but if that is the price I have to pay to watch the Broncos play every week then I am in. Besides it is only the cost of going to the sports bar 5 times. Maybe only 3 times if they play as good as everyone is saying they are going too. ROFL!

i got the ticket and superfan for $150. far from being "bent over." retail is for suckers.:yayaya:

Pony Boy
09-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Get DirectTV or DishNetwork with a second receiver and then get another satellite dish (from Ebay) and put it on a friends house with the second receiver and the two of you split the cost and you get everything for half price. It's done all the time just don't connect the receiver to a phone line I have satellite at my house but don't have a phone line, you are not required to have one.

The Big E
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Mal, I am content with my DirecTV.

I actually like the customer service I've received for many years.