PDA

View Full Version : How many sacks will Elvis Dumervil get Sunday?

KevinJames
09-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Have you guys been watching Hard Knocks? The bungles have some issues at tackle :wiggle:

I think Dumervil is gonna be a beast this season at the OLB and its going to start Sunday.

soo here is a poll. (this time I didn't forget it ROFL!)

SonOfLe-loLang
09-07-2009, 03:24 PM
One millllllliiiiiooonnnnnn....

gyldenlove
09-07-2009, 03:33 PM

LongDongJohnson
09-07-2009, 03:34 PM
hopefully he puts consistent pressure. its not all about the sacks. but my guess would be 1 or 2.

BroncoSojia
09-07-2009, 03:48 PM

Ramathorn
09-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Ill be at the game and since he is my adopt-a-bronco, I will say 3+. GO DOOM!!

Los Broncos
09-07-2009, 04:09 PM
1 maybe 2 sacks.

*WARHORSE*
09-07-2009, 04:29 PM

broncosteven
09-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I am guessing they get good pressure but the sacks will come from the middle. Doom should be getting some chips if not full DT's.

Broncos123
09-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Three, I think he is going to have a monster year, stanking up and rushing on the edge will help him get presure. He looked good against old man Pace the the other day. Hard to reach down for the big guys.

LonghornBronco
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm already on record for two...

I don't think it will matter. Their O-line is suspect and Doom will lay the hammer.

I'm gonna go ahead and call it.... Doom will have 2 sacks and multiple hurries, one of which will result in a int.

TheDave
09-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm going with one... Everyone knows he is our Best pass rusher and will be chipped at and double teamed as often as possible.

Bronx33
09-07-2009, 07:35 PM

Br0nc0Buster
09-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Their offensive line isnt very good

SoDak Bronco
09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
2..i wish we could see him school tubby a smith.

UberBroncoMan
09-07-2009, 07:53 PM
1 sack... though 2 is possible and 3 would be freaking awesome.

Rock Chalk
09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Since no one else grabbed the 0 square I will.

broncosteven
09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm going with one... Everyone knows he is our Best pass rusher and will be chipped at and double teamed as often as possible.

Especially those that posted the same thing before you!

LOL

listopencil
09-07-2009, 07:59 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/Infinity_symbol.svg/420px-Infinity_symbol.svg.png

TheDave
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Especially those that posted the same thing before you!

LOL

Sorry 'bout that boss... not sure why I blew past that one.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I went with 4 or more.

I think Whitworth is going to excel through this transition eventually, but it won't be week one!

Rack em up, Elvis!

tsiguy96
09-07-2009, 09:40 PM
elvis may be the brightest spot of this entire offseason, including big tom B and some other people who had basically zero expectations. he destroyed orlando, almost literally. he will get a lot of pressure unless people double him.

question, since hes an edge rusher, to double him you will need a TE or pulling gaurd right? this opens up the middle lanes to pressure if i have my blocking assignments correct.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 09:46 PM
elvis may be the brightest spot of this entire offseason, including big tom B and some other people who had basically zero expectations. he destroyed orlando, almost literally. he will get a lot of pressure unless people double him.

question, since hes an edge rusher, to double him you will need a TE or pulling gaurd right? this opens up the middle lanes to pressure if i have my blocking assignments correct.

Doubling in blocking schemes is a deceptive term.

Usually, they'd just keep a guard to guard the inside move and have the tackle wash the outside move past the pocket.

Elvis will probably command at least a chip from the TE, maybe a bit of blocking before dropping into an option route.

If he gets dominant, they can keep the TE in or keep the RB in... but in reality, keeping the TE is weaker than a G/T inside to out combo.

SureShot
09-07-2009, 09:48 PM

broncocalijohn
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
i dont need sacks as much as pressure. Put Palmer on the ground or chase him around and make him throw incomplete or ints and I will be happy.

tsiguy96
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Doubling in blocking schemes is a deceptive term.

Usually, they'd just keep a guard to guard the inside move and have the tackle wash the outside move past the pocket.

Elvis will probably command at least a chip from the TE, maybe a bit of blocking before dropping into an option route.

If he gets dominant, they can keep the TE in or keep the RB in... but in reality, keeping the TE is weaker than a G/T inside to out combo.

if we rush 3, that will leave dumerville alone on the outside and mcbean one on one against the tackle (assuming double team against fields with C and RG) unless they pull a TE outside the tackle to help with dumerville...that leaves atleast mcbean and peterson one on one to get to the QB, not all stars by any means but they should be able to win atleast a few battles. and mike nolan has clearly showed hes not afraid to bring another guy or two, i love this attacking defense.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 10:39 PM
if we rush 3, that will leave dumerville alone on the outside and mcbean one on one against the tackle (assuming double team against fields with C and RG) unless they pull a TE outside the tackle to help with dumerville...that leaves atleast mcbean and peterson one on one to get to the QB, not all stars by any means but they should be able to win atleast a few battles. and mike nolan has clearly showed hes not afraid to bring another guy or two, i love this attacking defense.

You need to understand gaps and holes and techniques a little better...

Not to mention how pass protection works in general.

The OL is gonna drop back and create their pocket... the NT of a 3-4 does not get auto doubled by a C/G... in fact, that's extremely rare, and probably never going to happen with Fields.

Fields will line up in a 0, or maybe a 1 (which is heads up on the C, or shading his shoulder)

McBean will be in the 5, maybe the 4... that's the area between the G and T.

Elvis, will naturally be outside of this.

Now, after the snap, the OL will drop back and form a pocket.

If Nolan wanted to force McBean into playing vs the tackle, he has 2 options. Slant/stunt him to occupy the tackle, or just shift the line and make it a 4-3 front (which will drop Elvis out anyways).

So, if McBean's going to attack the tackle and occupy him to give Elvis an outside shot, he's probably going to have to run to the OUTSIDE of the tackle as the LG will probably be guarding the inside move.

It's entirely too drawn out to effective. The pass would be completed long before.

More likely: McBean gets stunted to the tackle, Elvis gets a delayed blitz inside to attack the guard.

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Dumervil will probably notch a sack....but more importantly he will pressure the QB several times during the game.

Ratboy
09-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Zero.

BroncoMan4ever
09-07-2009, 11:18 PM
i say 2 sacks and he is also going to put good pressure on Palmer a few more times.