PDA

View Full Version : Bengals

footstepsfrom#27
09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
We need a thread breaking down the opposition this week.

Less than a week now and so far nothing of substance on this team we're playing has been said in here. Is there anyone here who lives in Cincy or tracks them? How about some solid insight on what Denver is going against on Sunday...a breakdown of this team on both sides of the ball. Something more than "they suck"...blah blah blah. I haven't paid much attention to them other than to notice they ran the ball very well in preseason and it looks like Palmer will probably start. Opening on the road is never easy no matter who you're playing.

Discuss...

Hercules Rockefeller
09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
They suck more than the Broncos

Bronco LB52
09-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Cincinnati's defense is underrated and are better than they get credit for.

Don't be fooled by the glamour names like Carson Palmer and Chad Ocho Cinco, the Bengals offense is handicapped severely by a **** offensive line.

TheDave
09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Cincinnati's defense is underrated and are better than they get credit for.

Don't be fooled by the glamour names like Carson Palmer and Chad Ocho Cinco, the Bengals offense is handicapped severely by a **** offensive line.

I watched their defense especially the 2nd and 3rd preseason games... Fast and talented (drafting in the top 10 every year will do that). Their interior pass rush could give us probles especially if both Kupe and Hamilton are out.

On the flip side they seem to manage to be out of position A LOT... Their game against the Rams was especially mind numbing. Grat play after great play followed by a LB filling the wrong hole or a safety forgetting the cover 2 part of his responsibilities.

To be honest, I not sure what to expect from either team.

Bronco Boy
09-07-2009, 03:00 PM
They seem to get arrested a lot.

TheDave
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM
By the way where are all the posters who b**** non stop about the lack of "Football Discussion"?... This seems like a pretty good chance to remedy that.

LongDongJohnson
09-07-2009, 03:04 PM
they have no run game. our defense has no excuse to not stuff the run game.

palmer has a hurt ankle so i dont know how that will effect him. dumervil needs to attack attack attack. we need to apply pressure at all times or palmer will pick us apart.

broncofan7
09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
CIN 27 DEN 13--we are severely handicapped by our QB situation and a close game becomes a 2 TD game as our defense wears out in the 4th quarter coupled with a few turnovers generated by CINCY's defense.......Cedric Benson really came on for them late last year and their defense was around if not in the top 10--and now with Carson Palmer starting again--teams will not be able to play 8 in the box against them......look for Cedric to continue the rejuvenation of his career in the 'natti and Cincy still has the ability to go 3-4 wide with 3 VERY talented WR's in OCHO, addition of Laverneus Coles and Chris Henry who had a sensational pre-season. McD's debut in his home state of Ohio will not be a victorious one.....

Chris
09-07-2009, 03:07 PM
How have their draft picks looked? I know their first pick is out but what about the mane's favourite USC LB?

TheDave
09-07-2009, 03:09 PM
How have their draft picks looked? I know their first pick is out but what about the mane's favourite USC LB?

He was the one who filled the wrong gap... He's a human crash test dummy in more ways thatn one. ;D

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Just beat them 35-7 on Madden. Orton with 4 TDs and Chris Baker rumblin', stumblin', bumblin' for a 48-yd TD return.

It is written.

broncofan7
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Just beat them 35-7 on Madden. Orton with 4 TDs and Chris Baker rumblin', stumblin', bumblin' for a 48-yd TD return.

It is written.

LOL--you're better than me......I do not want to discuss the result......

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 03:17 PM
It's no secret that these guys are my "darkhorse playoff team".

That being said, we're very lucky we play them early.

I like this team because they have a lot of young talent, and if they're able to put that together, the Bengals can actually become a scary football team for as long as their FO can keep them together before they inevitably blow it.

Their offensive line is a huge question mark, and a speed rusher like Elvis CAN man-handle a guy like Andrew Whitworth, who is an outstanding football player, but provides a question mark, imo, moving to LT from guard on whether or not he'll be quick enough to wash rushers past the QB and out of the play. Whitworth is almost exactly like Kuper in his play style, albeit now playing a very diff spot. The LG/C situation is pretty jacked and can get exposed easily. We're lucky we hit them early here, because I expect Luigs (rookie) to lockdown the C spot within the year and make a prompt rise to a pro-bowl level. Bobbie Williams at RG is a VERY, VERY good player. Anthony Collins at RT is another great reason the schedule favors us. Otherwise, Andre Smith could've been healthy, adjusted to the NFL, and very good.

There's enough speed, talent, play-making ability and depth on defense to be very scared that Kyle Orton is throwing the ball. I was dead wrong about Keith Rivers last off-season, because he played fantastic until he got hurt.

I don't feel like typing anything else out.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
How rusty will Palmer be out of the gate?
Are Benson and rookie RB Bernard Scott enough to strike fear in any defense?
Yes, they have the ability to go 3-wide, but can that line hold enough to do anything worthwhile?
No real TE threat.
Roy Williams at safety. Rough.
The Bengals, under Marvin Lewis, have shown a propensity to underachieve. More of the same.

Denver 24, Cincy 20
Orton plays just well enough. Marshall and Royal steal the show. Screen passes galore. The stable of RBs do their job, Hillis runs fools over. The D-line holds, already showing an improvement over last season. Secondary does their part against 85, Coles and Henry.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 03:19 PM
He was the one who filled the wrong gap... He's a human crash test dummy in more ways thatn one. ;D

That's silliness.

R8R H8R
09-07-2009, 03:21 PM

Expect Rey to take a while to catch on in the system. He may make a play or two in our game, but he is a long way from being the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis. He will also probably be taken out on passing downs.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-07-2009, 03:22 PM
To me, cinci is a bit of an enigma. As mentioned, they have a lot of talent on defense, but in the preseason, they have been inconsistant. Fast to the ball, but still seem to give up yardage. The ravens they are not.

Not sure what to expect from the offense because, i think, palmer hasnt taken a snap all preseason. Their o-line is **** though so hopefully we generate a pass rush and get on em early.

TheDave
09-07-2009, 03:26 PM
That's silliness.

Expect Rey to take a while to catch on in the system. He may make a play or two in our game, but he is a long way from being the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis. He will also probably be taken out on passing downs.

It will be interesting to watch him develop...or not. I was surprised how much he played out of control. On consecutive playes he read the play right blew right past the lead blocker.... AND THE BALL CARRIER!

If he learns he has the physical talent to be a stud MLB but right now he is a major liability.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 03:35 PM
It will be interesting to watch him develop...or not. I was surprised how much he played out of control. On consecutive playes he read the play right blew right past the lead blocker.... AND THE BALL CARRIER!

If he learns he has the physical talent to be a stud MLB but right now he is a major liability.

Nearly 300 tackles in a college career on hyper talented defense's like USC is pretty impressive when you apparently can't read plays and run past the RB......

DivineLegion
09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
I want to see Hillis run Rey over...Atwater Otagwe style...just reversed.

R8R H8R
09-07-2009, 03:40 PM
To me, cinci is a bit of an enigma. As mentioned, they have a lot of talent on defense, but in the preseason, they have been inconsistant. Fast to the ball, but still seem to give up yardage. The ravens they are not.

Agreed. I can see us going in and winning this game--we are 4 point underdogs-- and I can see us getting embarrassed much like the 2004 debacle on monday night football if we turn the ball over and play sloppy like much of preseason.

Not sure what to expect from the offense because, i think, palmer hasnt taken a snap all preseason. Their o-line is **** though so hopefully we generate a pass rush and get on em early.

Thier offense was thier weakness last year, so maybe we can continue the turnover fest we had against the Cards. If we do, we have a chance.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 03:42 PM
We should be a big underdog, if it's even on the board.

KevinJames
09-07-2009, 03:46 PM
How rusty will Palmer be out of the gate?
Are Benson and rookie RB Bernard Scott enough to strike fear in any defense?
Yes, they have the ability to go 3-wide, but can that line hold enough to do anything worthwhile?
No real TE threat.
Roy Williams at safety. Rough.
The Bengals, under Marvin Lewis, have shown a propensity to underachieve. More of the same.

Denver 24, Cincy 20
Orton plays just well enough. Marshall and Royal steal the show. Screen passes galore. The stable of RBs do their job, Hillis runs fools over. The D-line holds, already showing an improvement over last season. Secondary does their part against 85, Coles and Henry.

Wheres the Champ Bailey pick 6 in front of esteban ocho stinko?

R8R H8R
09-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Nearly 300 tackles in a college career on hyper talented defense's like USC is pretty impressive when you apparently can't read plays and run past the RB......

Oh, he is talented, no doubt about it. But Rev, admit it, there is a reason he was the 3rd LB taken from USC, and dropped all the way to the 2nd round.

He is going to take a while to learn and play within the system, and he has to show he won't be a liability on 3rd down.

Los Broncos
09-07-2009, 04:16 PM
We should have no problem running the ball, Hillis and Buck should have production.

The QB should have pressure and lots of it with their bad o-line.

17-10 good guys.

Killericon
09-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Cedric Benson is underrated. By the end of last season he had picked up a lot of steam.

footstepsfrom#27
09-07-2009, 04:44 PM
they have no run game. our defense has no excuse to not stuff the run game.
Maybe...or maybe not; they lead the league in the preseason. Yes it's only preseason...stil...we'll have to see.

TheDave
09-07-2009, 05:25 PM

As Mike Mayock would say... Put on the Tape.

broncosteven
09-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Cedric Benson is underrated. By the end of last season he had picked up a lot of steam.

I agree but I think he is still too inconsistent.

The PS quarters I watched of them it didn't appear that they had great receiving depth. Henry was Ok but I am guessing they miss Houswhatever.

They did not appear to have a TE that could threaten down the seam.

Their Oline was bad. I am guessing they try to contain our outside rush but we get some pressure up the middle of the pocket. Palmer can't run and he doesn't have depth to throw to but Eighty Five can still make a D pay.

Their D looked better with some young talent. If we can protect who ever starts for us at QB and can stop the run we have a good chance at getting the Broncos HC his 1st win.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 05:57 PM
As Mike Mayock would say... Put on the Tape.

Interesting you bring him up. In keeping with your theme:

"As Mike Mayock would say":

“What I see is the prototype 3-4 inside linebacker,” Mayock said of Maualuga

Mike Mayock's top 20 seniors for the 2009 NFL Draft
Rk Player Pos. School
1 Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
2 Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
3 Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
4 Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
5 Jason Smith OT Baylor
6 Brian Orakbo DE Texas
7 Rey Maualuga LB Southern California
8 B.J. Raji DT Boston College
9 Brian Cushing LB Southern California
10 Tyson Jackson DE LSU
11 Michael Oher OT Mississippi
12 Larry English DE/LB Northern Illinois
13 James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
14 William Moore S Missouri
15 Clint Sintim LB Virginia
16 Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest
17 Max Unger C Oregon
18 Rashad Johnson S Alabama
19 Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
20 Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

Inside linebackers
Rey Maualuga USC Explosive point of attack, can struggle in space
James Laurinaitis Ohio State Consistent technician, clean off the field
Jasper Brinkley South Carolina No comment
Darry Beckwith LSU Athletic and solid tackler, engulfed by big bodies
Jason Phillips TCU Productive/hard-nosed, had postseason knee surgery

Bronco Boy
09-07-2009, 05:58 PM
We're 4 point dogs, last time I checked.

Broncojef
09-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I really like Chris Henry to have a huge year. Ocho will get attention but Henry is the wildcard for this team so long as he stays outta jail. These guys are fairly one dimensional so hopefully we can get some pressure on Palmer, if we do I like our chances.

meangene
09-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Weak and relatively inexperienced offensive line. Their running game is not one that strikes fear in opponents despite some moderate success from Benson late in the year. Their passing game is potentially dangerous but you have to wonder about Palmer being rusty and the timing being off. And, we should be able to get good pressure.

Defensively, they are talented and underrated. I think their safeties can be exploited in coverage. Roy Williams? Are you serious?

I look for a relatively low scoring, field position, smashmouth kind of game.

Denver 20 - 16.

scorpio
09-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Do they still have Deltha Oneil?

TheDave
09-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Interesting you bring him up. In keeping with your theme:

"As Mike Mayock would say":

“What I see is the prototype 3-4 inside linebacker,” Mayock said of Maualuga

Mike Mayock's top 20 seniors for the 2009 NFL Draft
Rk Player Pos. School
1 Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
2 Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
3 Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
4 Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
5 Jason Smith OT Baylor
6 Brian Orakbo DE Texas
7 Rey Maualuga LB Southern California
8 B.J. Raji DT Boston College
9 Brian Cushing LB Southern California
10 Tyson Jackson DE LSU
11 Michael Oher OT Mississippi
12 Larry English DE/LB Northern Illinois
13 James Laurinaitis LB Ohio State
14 William Moore S Missouri
15 Clint Sintim LB Virginia
16 Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest
17 Max Unger C Oregon
18 Rashad Johnson S Alabama
19 Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
20 Louis Delmas S Western Michigan

Inside linebackers
Rey Maualuga USC Explosive point of attack, can struggle in space
James Laurinaitis Ohio State Consistent technician, clean off the field
Jasper Brinkley South Carolina No comment
Darry Beckwith LSU Athletic and solid tackler, engulfed by big bodies
Jason Phillips TCU Productive/hard-nosed, had postseason knee surgery

Bro, I'm not doubting his skill set coming out of college. Trust me put on the tape of the Cinci-Rams game... They ran right at him a handful of times and he wiffed.

Not saying he can't improve just pointing out what he did on that particular day.

Chris
09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
A lot of Bensons yardage in the one game I saw came against the Colts 2nd team D.

Finger Roll
09-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Bengals 20-13. I think the d will play great the o will suck a$$

broncosteven
09-07-2009, 08:03 PM

Nope, they have some youth there unless their depth chart changed.

SoDak Bronco
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
They have Leon hall and jonathen joseph..both pretty good players

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Bro, I'm not doubting his skill set coming out of college. Trust me put on the tape of the Cinci-Rams game... They ran right at him a handful of times and he wiffed.

Not saying he can't improve just pointing out what he did on that particular day.

Eh, personally I don't see him getting more than 15 snaps vs the Orange and Blue and thats really all I care about.

Rock Chalk
09-07-2009, 08:45 PM
they suck more than the broncos

+100

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 08:46 PM
+100

Easy money betting the underdog Broncos on the money line this Sunday then, eh?

FireFly
09-07-2009, 08:49 PM

That's not true.

The Bengals are going to be a surprise package this year. They have 2 top tier WR, one of the best QB's in the game and a ton of raw talent on defense.

The reason they struggled last year: Injuries.

This is going to be a tough one

Edit: I'm not saying the broncos suck; only that the Bengals are going to be better than people expect

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-07-2009, 08:56 PM
That's not true.

The Bengals are going to be a surprise package this year. They have 2 top tier WR, one of the best QB's in the game and a ton of raw talent on defense.

The reason they struggled last year: Injuries.

This is going to be a tough one

Isn't that their story every year?

Rock Chalk
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Easy money betting the underdog Broncos on the money line this Sunday then, eh?

If I gambled on single events sure. Id put a grand down on it.

Cincy ****ing sucks. Period. I mean bad. No offensive line at all, and a VASTLY overrated defense on this board.

You dont have to agree. Im sure you dont. They ****ing suck though. Thats not opinion, thats fact.

FireFly
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Isn't that their story every year?

Injuries decimated their team last year. They've been quietly building a decent defence - granted its taken a lot longer than they expected, but they've lost 1st and 2nd round talent to injuries for seasons at a time, and even had career ending injuries to VERY promising talents only a year or two into their careers.

FireFly
09-07-2009, 09:05 PM
They have Leon hall and jonathen joseph..both pretty good players

They have a SOLID LBing core as well.

broncogary
09-07-2009, 09:06 PM

He got cut by the Texans on Saturday.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
If I gambled on single events sure. Id put a grand down on it.

Cincy ****ing sucks. Period. I mean bad. No offensive line at all, and a VASTLY overrated defense on this board.

You dont have to agree. Im sure you dont. They ****ing suck though. Thats not opinion, thats fact.

And how do you quantify that?

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-07-2009, 09:09 PM

With an HBO subscription.

Rock Chalk
09-07-2009, 09:09 PM

1 winning season since 1990.

4 years ago.

Downward slide ever since then.

Regressing everywhere.

Statue for QB.

One of the worst O-lines in football.

Young, inexperienced, overrated defense.

Horrible coaching.

Ocho Cinco.

Need some more?

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 09:16 PM
1 winning season since 1990.

4 years ago.

Downward slide ever since then.

Regressing everywhere.

Statue for QB.

One of the worst O-lines in football.

Young, inexperienced, overrated defense.

Horrible coaching.

Ocho Cinco.

Need some more?

Yeah, I just love applying historical evidence... especially when most of it is completely inaccurate, but go for it dude.

Rock Chalk
09-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I just love applying historical evidence... especially when most of it is completely inaccurate, but go for it dude.

Whats inaccurate Rev?

1 Winning season since 1990, 4 years ago they went 11-5.

Ever since then? 8-8, 9-7, 4-11....downward slide.
Regressing Everywhere? No Housh, weaker at receiver, Cedric ****ing Benson? Weaker at RB, complete garbage on O-line, weaker than, well **** I dont know how it gets worse than last year but it looks like it will be. Palmer hasnt produced well since his LONE WINNING SEASON. Their defense is way overrated but ONLY HERE, everyone else knows its garbage.
Coaching has been suspect since Lewis took over and Bengal fans know it.

Ocho Cinco has proven to be a distraction for his team since his gold grill got a fathead commercial.

Nothing infactual about my post rev, otherwise you would have pointed it out and backed it up. You are a stronger poster than that.

You just dont want us to win so you can pull your I told you so's out.

**** you and **** your I told you so.

Denver wins, big.

Bronco Yoda
09-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I don't know much about them this year... I do recall seeing them able to get to the QB a lot when they really wanted to. Their Defense surprised me, what little I saw of them in preseason. If Champ can clamp down on Ocho... we can take em.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Whats inaccurate Rev?

Regressing Everywhere? No Housh, weaker at receiver, Cedric ****ing Benson? Weaker at RB, complete garbage on O-line, weaker than, well **** I dont know how it gets worse than last year but it looks like it will be. Palmer hasnt produced well since his LONE WINNING SEASON. Their defense is way overrated but ONLY HERE, everyone else knows its garbage.

Ocho Cinco has proven to be a distraction for his team since his gold grill got a fathead commercial.

Nothing infactual about my post rev, otherwise you would have pointed it out and backed it up. You are a stronger poster than that.

Denver wins, big.

Because, first of all, what does what they were doing in 1990, or 1999, or even 2008 have to do with jack **** in this?

You explain that to me, I'll send you a dollar, because answer: It doesn't.

Secondly, 8-8, 9-7, 4-11... that's not a downward slide. That's called your ****ing QB is on the IR. Hilarious!

"Regression everywhere"? Laverneus Coles has a more impressive skill-set AND resume than Houshmanzadeh and Coles NEVER got to play with a QB even half as good as TJ did.

So, wrong.

Running game: In a little over half a season, Benson racked up 750 yards. On pace for a 1400 yard season. They'll be playing him all year instead of part of the year as they did last year.

So where's the regression there...?

OL I addressed in an earlier post VERY thoroughly.

I don't see how you can possibly be serious about what you said about Carson... his stat line the 2 years before his injury ended season last year:

2007 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 373 575 64.9 4,131 7.2 26 20 17 119 86.7 24 10 0.4 0 5 1
2006 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 324 520 62.3 4,035 7.8 28 13 36 233 93.9 26 37 1.4 0 15 7

Their defense was 12th in the NFL, and forced 24 takeaways... that was with their best player hitting the IR fairly early last season. They also drafted some good and smart defenders.

So, this is bar none one of the dumbest and most completely INFACTUAL things I've ever read.

Anywhere.

Your IQ is probably 25 points permanently lower for convincing yourself of this.

Including paranoid theories about NOT landing on the moon.

But, I agree that coaching is suspect.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 09:31 PM

Denver wins, big.

PS. Don't project your stupidity on me with this retarded bull-****.

BigPlayShay
09-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Hard Knocks jinx alive and well. Broncos 27 Bengals 20.

TheReverend
09-07-2009, 09:42 PM

Don't think we NEED the jinx.

I still think they'll be raw coming into the season and trying to hit their stride before they get healthy and get some chemistry and experience under their belts.

This game should be a phenomenal litmus test for Denver. If we can go on the road, and put them away, we should be a 6 win team minimum. If we go on the road and fail as the oddsmakers predict, who's on the schedule that will be easier? Cleveland and Oakland?

Hopefully we come out swinging and get points on the board fast, and expose their OL while they're young and not healthy.

Chris
09-07-2009, 09:44 PM
It is unfactual to call something infactual as that is infact not a word.

Popps
09-07-2009, 10:08 PM
I didn't get to see them in the preseason, but I did catch a couple of games late last season. It seemed like Benson was finding his groove with them. I'd imagine they'll come out and try to feature him early. Palmer is going to likely need some time to shake off the rust. I'd expect a run-first game plan from them out of the get.

Hogan11
09-08-2009, 12:23 AM
I f'n HATE the Bengals....always have.

Broncos in a squeaker 24 - 23.

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 12:26 AM
we win on botched PAT at end of 4th quarter.

Hogan11
09-08-2009, 12:37 AM
F the Bengals!!! That is all.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-08-2009, 12:59 AM
I want to see Hillis run Rey over...Atwater Otagwe style...just reversed.

Fonecowned....

tsiguy96
09-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Fonecowned....

i didnt know if anyone else noticed that haha..

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 06:01 AM
we win on botched PAT at end of 4th quarter.

Deja vu

broncofan7
09-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Whats inaccurate Rev?

Denver wins, big.

The Niner's 1st teamers caused Orton, when healthy, to turn the rock over 3 times--Cincy has a better offense than San Fran--thereby putting more pressure on an UNHEALTHY Orton to make more plays and that is when the downward spiral will begin--when Orton begins to press with his limited natural ability and finger injury.

I predict that we hang with Cincy in the 1st half then our defense begins to wear down as it is unable to overcome a few Orton mistakes that wind up giving Cincy a short field and points.

GO compare position groups

1) QB-Cincy
2) RB-even if Moreno is healthy
3) WR- slight edge to Cincy especially if Marshall does not play
4) OL-Den--huge advantage
5) DL--Even
6) LB's-Cincy
7) Secondary--DEN
8) ST's--not sure--but their FG kicker is pretty accurate when healthy

Edge to Cincy @ QB, WR and perhaps RB if Moreno doesn't play + homefield advantage--the line on this game is around 4 points--I fully expect Cincy to win by at least 10. The return of Palmer coupled with our ineptitude @ QB leads us all to wonder afterwards-- " Our defense looked REALLY good--if only our QB didn't turn it over so much..."

broncofan7
09-08-2009, 06:18 AM
I didn't get to see them in the preseason, but I did catch a couple of games late last season. It seemed like Benson was finding his groove with them. I'd imagine they'll come out and try to feature him early. Palmer is going to likely need some time to shake off the rust. I'd expect a run-first game plan from them out of the get.

Benson is going to be a great fantasy late round sleeper this year--they have a passing threat @ QB now with the return of Palmer--he should face less 8 in the box.......

broncofan7
09-08-2009, 06:25 AM

Ha! Touche'.....

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 06:26 AM
I think you're being kind to our DL in your comparison... and, at least their secondary is aware of the concept that they're supposed to try and catch the ball as well.

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 06:30 AM
CIN is another team that has a ton of question marks, but has traditionally caused DEN to struggle on the road regardless. Right now they are pretty shaky all over the ball and the COLTS thirds and fourths competed with their Starters and seconds until the last 2 minutes of the first half.

Personally, CIN is not even worth discussing at this point. Way too many changes and not enough consistency to even speculate from the preseason.....

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 06:31 AM
OH, Rey struggled mightily in the preseason though!

kappys
09-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Cincy worries me because they traditionally do what we do(or did under Shanny) - come out of the gates fast, get the fan based riled up, and then blow it huge on the path to a subpar season.

Nothing has really changed for cincy in that respect.

Offensively we have to pass the ball - this is the big test. Cincy has a good run Defense(LB's and DT's), has stuggeld to pressure the passer, and has safeties that are run stoppers and don't play the pass particularly well. Denver will need to go 3 wide or with 2TE sets utilizing Sheffler early and often and establish a threat. The nicest thing would be a deep ball or two since their safeties don't cover over the top particularly well.

Defensively it remains to be seen if Cincy can mount a rushing attack. Their O-line is still suspect but Palmer has looked sharp and Ocho Cinco is apparently(so I'm told) a man on a mission to prove himself again. Palmer will beat us if we don't get pressure against a mediocre O-line so this will be a good test for our new D.

I favor Cincy 27-17, but that is why we play the game. I'm still hoping McD can make a believer out of me!

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 06:45 AM
OH, Rey struggled mightily in the preseason though!

Clady, RBs and corners aside, what rookie doesn't? Laurinitis has looked sharper so far, but I think that was a given.

Inkana7
09-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Clady, RBs and corners aside, what rookie doesn't? Laurinitis has looked sharper so far, but I think that was a given.

I think RBs and LBs make the easiest transitions as rookies. That's why those two are usually the D/O Rookie of the Year.

jutang
09-08-2009, 08:12 AM
With Kuper and Hamilton's injury, the strength of the Broncos is now a big ??? The offense has to be able to sustain the running game and avoid any long 3rd down situations. Marshall won't be close to regular season form so the Bengals secondary can really focus on Royal.

I see Bengals 27 Broncos 16 with the Broncos moving the ball well but unable to score in the red zone with the oline injuries.

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 08:33 AM
I think RBs and LBs make the easiest transitions as rookies. That's why those two are usually the D/O Rookie of the Year.

Awesome, because we were talking about the regular season and not their first ever pro-live action.

Chris
09-08-2009, 08:35 AM
With Kuper and Hamilton's injury, the strength of the Broncos is now a big ??? The offense has to be able to sustain the running game and avoid any long 3rd down situations. Marshall won't be close to regular season form so the Bengals secondary can really focus on Royal.

I see Bengals 27 Broncos 16 with the Broncos moving the ball well but unable to score in the red zone with the oline injuries.

Hamilton is playing is he not?

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 08:37 AM

He should be. If it's an issue that needs rest though, they might as well sit him.

The Bengals defensive line isn't something we need to risk further injury to Ben or Kuper, imo.

McDman
09-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Whats inaccurate Rev?

Denver wins, big.

You sound like Tsiguy when he has his meltdowns.

You presented valid facts, but made yourself look like a jackass.

jutang
09-08-2009, 08:42 AM

Pure speculation on my part. Back strains seems to flare up so easily. For a 300 lb guy having to push against another 300 lb dude seems an easy setup for re aggravation.

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 08:43 AM
You sound like Tsiguy when he has his meltdowns.

You presented valid facts, but made yourself look like a jackass.

But Rock Chalk and I do it out of love. No worries.

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Awesome, because we were talking about the regular season and not their first ever pro-live action.

Well, right now, the best MLB in the past draft is sitting at second string OLB behind some former CFL scrub named Rashad Jeanty. So, his NFL experience must be special teams :welcome:

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Well, right now, the best MLB in the past draft is sitting at second string OLB behind some former CFL scrub named Rashad Jeanty. So, his NFL experience must be special teams :welcome:

LOL

Well done. Still I think we know that's short-lived. What's more bothersome to me is that he's battling "Rashad Jeanty" instead of Dhani Jones.

Oh well... how's Raji doing at NT again?

Oh wait, I was right and he can't play it so he's sitting as a backup DE to a 6th rounder right now?

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
LOL

Well done. Still I think we know that's short-lived. What's more bothersome to me is that he's battling "Rashad Jeanty" instead of Dhani "ARMANI" Jones.

Yeah, Dhani was so scared of battling Rey he just took off most of the off season to do his reality show :notworthy

Oh well... how's Raji doing at NT again?

Oh wait, I was right and he can't play it so he's a DE now?

He's hurt too. You know I was never High on him either.....However, Terrance Taylor was released from INDY and is still UNSIGNED :thanku:

Some of my guys have been pretty good at CB though. Powers likely will start this weekend for Jackson in INDY. Keenan Lewis looked very solid behind the Steelers Awesome front 7. Bradley Fletcher played so well the Rams traded Tye Hill as they no longer needed him.

As for the DL in this draft, Color me unimpressed except with Connor Barwin and Nick Reed.....

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Here is Rey's Competition:

Dhani Tackles the Globe

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Dhani_Jones

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 09:30 AM
He's hurt too. You know I was never High on him either.....However, Terrance Taylor was released from INDY and is still UNSIGNED :thanku:

Some of my guys have been pretty good at CB though. Powers likely will start this weekend for Jackson in INDY. Keenan Lewis looked very solid behind the Steelers Awesome front 7. Bradley Fletcher played so well the Rams traded Tye Hill as they no longer needed him.

As for the DL in this draft, Color me unimpressed except with Connor Barwin and Nick Reed.....

Well hey, now, no excuses. After all, name ONE occasion where I said "Yeah, Rey should end up on a 4-3 team. That'd be good for him" :rofl:

I've been too busy. I've really wanted to see how Everette Brown's been playing and if he's been using his free fall as motivation.

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Here is Rey's Competition:

Dhani Tackles the Globe

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Dhani_Jones

LOL

BJ's competition:

http://www.barefootmommies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Girls-Bandages.jpg

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Well hey, now, no excuses. After all, name ONE occasion where I said "Yeah, Rey should end up on a 4-3 team. That'd be good for him" :rofl:

I've been too busy. I've really wanted to see how Everette Brown's been playing and if he's been using his free fall as motivation.

Nah, just giving you a hard time. We all know Rey Struggles in space like 90% of the Rookie LB's coming out. Knowing that, and still playing him as a SAM, however is some pretty round peg square hole coaching and in this case drafting that makes CIN so good :yayaya:

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Nah, just giving you a hard time. We all know Rey Struggles in space like 90% of the Rookie LB's coming out. Knowing that, and still playing him as a SAM, however is some pretty round peg square hole coaching and in this case drafting that makes CIN so good :yayaya:

Watch any Raiders games?

I liked Shaughnessy... now I have to hate him.

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Watch any Raiders games?

I liked Shaughnessy... now I have to hate him.

Yeah, unfortunately I taped part of the blowout game Hilarious! There was one wasted hour!

I do not have any notes on Shaughnessy, So I must have not seen that much of anything notable ;D

As far as having to hate Shaughnessy, just pity him. He might get to leave sooner than late Though!

Check that, I see he was a scratch for the NO game. That was why they got blown out! ROFL!

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Yeah, unfortunately I taped part of the blowout game Hilarious! There was one wasted hour!

I do not have any notes on Shaughnessy, So I must have not seen that much of anything notable ;D

As far as having to hate Shaughnessy, just pity him. He might get to leave sooner than late Though!

3 solo tackles vs Seattle apparently... decent stat line, but who knows how pretty they looked and what the situations were.

Oh well, I'll get to see him twice this year.

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Check that, I see he was a scratch for the NO game. That was why they got blown out! ROFL!

This edit is hilarious! :rofl:

Old Dude
09-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't think Denver's offense is capable of putting up more than 20 points against anyone right now. That will hopefully improve over the next few weeks. But I don't expect to see anything out of the gate and Cincy has a pretty good defense.

Therefore, it's up to Denver's defense and special teams to win this game.

That's a scary thought, isn't it?

Maybe not as scary as last year, though.

Beantown Bronco
09-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't think Denver's offense is capable of putting up more than 20 points against anyone right now.

Have they stopped practicing?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-08-2009, 09:59 AM

bu-but... they have a great quarterback! I was under the impression that if you have a great quarterback, you're always a great team. Is that not true?

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I really think people are underestimating the Offense because they looked ugly this preseason. However, they did not look as ugly as most people think. They worked on a lot of things and only showed a bunch of underneath stuff and hardly any of the running game.

McDaniels will have an entirely different Gameplan versus CIN than the Offense you saw this Preseason. I would not be surprised to see them go deep on the first offensive play just to set the tone they did not do in preseason on film. Then, they pound the rock for awhile.

I really believe this team can and WILL score more points per game than last years offense, even without Cutler.

broncofan2438
09-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Man, I am freakn nervous for this game. I think Cincy like many people say are under the radar. They have a tough D and if we cant score points were screwed. We gotta be able to run the ball well. Im hoping Moreno is good to go and can knock out about 100 yards for us

BroncoBuff
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM

So you're predicting Denver will win? Cool.

Irish Stout
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I really think people are underestimating the Offense because they looked ugly this preseason. However, they did not look as ugly as most people think. They worked on a lot of things and only showed a bunch of underneath stuff and hardly any of the running game.

McDaniels will have an entirely different Gameplan versus CIN than the Offense you saw this Preseason. I would not be surprised to see them go deep on the first offensive play just to set the tone they did not do in preseason on film. Then, they pound the rock for awhile.

I really believe this team can and WILL score more points per game than last years offense, even without Cutler.

Our offense was EXTREMELY vanilla during the preseason. I noticed during game 3 that we pretty much ran 4 versions of the same play over and over and over.

SoDak Bronco
09-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Gawd I hope we play well...Cinncy is becoming media favorite to make the playoffs and be one of those surprise teams in 09. Merril Hoge has them makin the playoffs, yahoosports has them making the playoffs, and Ocho picked them to be 12-4 on todays' first take. We shall see, they have a good team on paper, #12 ranked defense, palmer back healthy (supposedly), ocho back talkin smack, and chris henry is going to be really good.

We need to run the ball, keep them off balance and get some turn overs. I see we are 4 1/2 point dogs on the road, I hope McDaniels shows us his worth in game planning.

azbroncfan
09-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I would love Denver to make a blockbuster trade for Palmer this next offseason.

BroncoBuff
09-08-2009, 10:14 AM
So you're predicting Denver will win? Cool.

bu-but... they have a great quarterback! I was under the impression that if you have a great quarterback, you're always a great team. Is that not true?
Newsflash Mr. Sarcasm: Carson Palmer was hurt almost all of last year. Herc's comments were narrowly based upon the team's performance last year without him. (I think)

BroncoBuff
09-08-2009, 10:15 AM
We're probably gonna get killed this weekend ... I just hope we can rebound the next week at home.

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Gawd I hope we play well...Cinncy is becoming media favorite to make the playoffs and be one of those surprise teams in 09. Merril Hoge has them makin the playoffs, yahoosports has them making the playoffs, and Ocho picked them to be 12-4 on todays' first take. We shall see, they have a good team on paper, #12 ranked defense, palmer back healthy (supposedly), ocho back talkin smack, and chris henry is going to be really good.

We need to run the ball, keep them off balance and get some turn overs. I see we are 4 1/2 point dogs on the road, I hope McDaniels shows us his worth in game planning.

Some people are damn stupid to predict CIN to the playoffs. PIT and BAL are almost locks in the AFCN. Then, the AFC south has INDY and TE. PLus, HOU is a much better longshot to make the playoffs than CIN. And, the AFCE has NE who missed last year and MIA who won the division.

You know, if CIN was in the NFC maybe the could be predicted to the playoffs. However, they are the third best team in their division, MAYBE, and the AFC has at least 3 other teams with better playoff chances IMHO.

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 10:18 AM

So what you're saying is we'll force turnovers defensively?

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 10:21 AM
So what you're saying is we'll force turnovers defensively?

That will be part of it, but I see a much better Red zone scoring % and a few more short fields and better FP overall. This TEAM will work better than last year, how that translates to points remains to be seen. I still FEEL they will score more than last year though. It's just a hunch.

SoDak Bronco
09-08-2009, 10:22 AM
We're probably gonna get killed this weekend ... I just hope we can rebound the next week at home.

Wow..killed? We do have a really go Oline, have a good stable of RB's, very good wr's, and are defense is going to be much better. We are not going to get killed by the bungals. We may even beat them by 10 plus points. Come on Buff, I know you can't throw a spiral but have a little faith.

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 10:24 AM
That will be part of it, but I see a much better Red zone scoring % and a few more short fields and better FP overall. This TEAM will work better than last year, how that translates to points remains to be seen. I still FEEL they will score more than last year though. It's just a hunch.

http://i28.tinypic.com/rvvwy8.gif

Mediator12
09-08-2009, 10:36 AM

Yeah, well next time kick a Field goal and stop trying to go for it on fourth down :thumbsup:

I still see Plummer doing it. However that was from our own endzone :spit:

Jekyll15Hyde
09-08-2009, 10:40 AM

lame... would you rather him have taken the sack on 4th down? I applaud the attempt to do something.

azbroncfan
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
lame... would you rather him have taken the sack on 4th down? I applaud the attempt to do something.
Yes and Seattle would of started at the 1. History proves teams don't do much when getting the ball that deep. That being said that scenerio was more of a preseason evaluation that what the team would do when it counts. I highly doubt they would throw 3 straight times from the goalline when it counts.

Tombstone RJ
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM

Actually, a sack or in incomplete pass would have been fine. Instead, he goes super tard lefty and swings momentum to the seachickens.

Old Dude
09-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Bengals fans are pretty sure this one's in the bag:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=50921

Most of them are predicting a blowout win against a Denver team in "total disarray."

Jekyll15Hyde
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Actually, a sack or in incomplete pass would have been fine. Instead, he goes super tard lefty and swings momentum to the seachickens.

That implies he knows the outcome before it happens. If the left handed pass is complete for a TD nobody cares.

But I agree the other comment that in a normal game, I doubt we throw 3 times in a row in that situation.

Tombstone RJ
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM
That implies he knows the outcome before it happens. If the left handed pass is complete for a TD nobody cares.

But I agree the other comment that in a normal game, I doubt we throw 3 times in a row in that situation.

Just saying that going lefty on that pass was poor judgment on his part. McD brought the guy in because he makes good decisions with the ball, esp. in the red zone. That play was a bad decision, no two ways around that.

ScottXray
09-08-2009, 11:00 AM
This game is going to be tougher than we thought, and lets hope history trends don't continue....Last Five games have been W-L-W-L-W- ???

Change in coach and Team breaks the string I hope!

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM

No... and I'm not sure where this "phantom sack" comes from.

I'd rather he either:

A. doesn't run directly at the blocked defender

B. After EASILY shaking off the one hand the blocked defender had on him, switch ball back to throwing hand

C. Try and run it in

Archer81
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM
No... and I'm not sure where this "phantom sack" comes from.

I'd rather he either:

A. doesn't run directly at the blocked defender

B. After EASILY shaking off the one hand the blocked defender had on him, switch ball back to throwing hand

C. Try and run it in

I concur.

:Broncos:

broncofan7
09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Some people are damn stupid to predict CIN to the playoffs. PIT and BAL are almost locks in the AFCN. Then, the AFC south has INDY and TE. PLus, HOU is a much better longshot to make the playoffs than CIN. And, the AFCE has NE who missed last year and MIA who won the division.

You know, if CIN was in the NFC maybe the could be predicted to the playoffs. However, they are the third best team in their division, MAYBE, and the AFC has at least 3 other teams with better playoff chances IMHO.

BAL is NOT an almost lock-they have been up and down for the last 5 years--they have in their favor Flacco--against them is the fact that they have lost Rex ryan--and Ed Reed tends to get hurt a lot.....

broncosteven
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, well next time kick a Field goal and stop trying to go for it on fourth down :thumbsup:

I still see Plummer doing it. However that was from our own endzone :spit:

I liked that they tried to work on the 4th and goal situation in PS, I also am guessing that next time faced with 4th and goal down y 4 late in a real game they will run a different play.

kappys
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM

Most of them are predicting a blowout win against a Denver team in "total disarray."

Meh when's the last time the Benglas played to their potential and not down to the level of their competition?

Old Dude
09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
My prediction is that Palmer gets rolled up early and aggravates his high ankle sprain. Simms gets the nod over Orton, who isn't yet healed, but Simms also aggravates his sprain.

So it becomes O'Sullivan vs. Brandstater. Edge to O'Sullivan if he had a decent offensive line, but he doesn't.

Denver wins 7-6 on a defensive TD.

And the crowd goes wild.

Ambiguous
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM

I just took some time and look at what the professionals in Vegas had to say.
We are a 4.0+ to 5.0+ points favorite.

I hate to say it, but the pros in Vegas are underestimating the Bengals, and over estimating the Broncos and will take a beating in this game.

It all starts in the trenches, with the big uglies. That is where almost every NFL game is decided.

Broncos D is terrible. They are worse than terrible, IMHO.
Dummerville was the biggest strength for the Broncos front seven. However he will not be a factor, as he is a speed rusher trying to be a rock that eats up blocks in a 3-4. He will be man handled as a 3-4 DE and will not be a factor this year in the Broncons D. The front seven of this D will be pushed around all season and even the Bengals rebuilt O line will look great against them. The development of Cook and Whitworth have moved this O line forward and we will see the improvment in game one. I see the Bengals O line having a big push all day long.

Bengals D is improved, but will face a good O line from Denver.
This O line is good and plays very dirty. Expect some chop blocks and lots of holding in this game from the Broncos O line. Even with that said the advantage goes to the Bengals D. The pick up of Tank Johnson at DT starts to pay off week one. We have solid DT for the first time in years, with Peko getting better and Sims developing this group of DTs will shut down the zone blocking of Denver and not allow the Broncos RBs to get the tough yards up the middle.
I don't see a lot of pressure comming from the Bengals DEs. They will have some hurries and at least one sack, but this is a good line and it will limit what we see. The LBs on the other hand, tear this Offense a new butthole. The DTs will eat up blocks and allow the LB to run free to destroy the Denver running game and pound Orton at will. I expect several hurries and atleast two sacks from the LB corps and lots of tackles for loss.

The Bengals Secondary doesn't shut down the Broncos recieving corps, but limit them with tough hard hits and solid play. JJ shuts down Marshall as Marshall doesn't want to be there and will play like it. Hall does will against Royal and has our first pick of the season on a short down and out on a hot read. This is a pick 6 for Hall and seals the game in the late third quarter, comming just moments after Graham's field goal.
Our Safties play a key role in the win.
Crocker will deliver blows on any WR comming over the middle and shut down this part fo the field. Williams will do well in coverage and will be like having David Fulcher back to help out against the run. I expect two big hits by Roy Williams in this game and one will send a RB to the sideline with the trainer holding up fingers and asking him where is he, and what the score of the game is. The other big hit will send Orton to the side line on a third and long wondering what hit him and trying to pick little pieces of rubber out of his eyes, after he lands face mask first into the turf at Paul Brown Stadium.

Offense for the Bengals.

QB play is a hugh plus for the Bengals as the return of Carson Palmer and the lack of an affective pass rush from Denver results in a hugh day for Palmer and the Bengals WR corps. Palmer has his first 300+ yard day of 2009 and 3 TDs.
Chad makes it look like 05 again and tears Bailey to shreads. It is Deja Vu all over again as Chad has two long plays and one TD against Bailey again.(Yogai Berra ) Coles shows why he is an improvment over T.J. as Goodman is not able to cover him in Paul Brown Stadium any more than he was when playing for the Dolphines. Henry will be facing #3 CBs with limited speed and no Safety help as they will have to roll to help Bailey and Goodman. This results in Henry toasting their D for several long plays and two TDs. Even Caldwell gets into the mix and burns the D for a couple of long plays against CBs who are not his quality of player.

Cedric Benson runs over the Bronco front seven all day. This front seven is not suited to a 3-4 and is too small and weak to hold ground. Benson looks like the #4 overall pick and is a fantasy dream for this game. He has 25 carries for 165 yards and 2 TDs. Scott has a good first game with 5 carries and 32 yards and one catch for 18 yards on a screen pass. Leonard gets 5 carries and 22 yards, but also a first down on all three 3rd and ones in the first half. As the game wears on Benson and the O Line pounds this D to a pulp. Hugh holes open up and yards pile up for Benson.

Broncos Recieving corps has a good day, but is limited by pressure on Orton from the Bengals LBs and a solid push from the DTs in stripes. Marshall phones in the game and this results in the Bengals dominating as the Broncos have too many 3 and outs. Royal is shut down with help from Safety Crocker who lays out Royal on a slant.

Special teams. Graham clears away a bad memory with a field goal in the third as the Bengals take control of the game.

I see a blow out by the Bengals and a real confidence builder for the young O line and Front Seven of the D.

45 to 10 being the final.

This is my assessment looking at personal, position, talent, and chemistry.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-08-2009, 03:15 PM
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=50921&page=5

Jesus. I'd suggest not writing about the opposition if you know nothing about them. I always think it's stupid to simply criticize fans of other teams just because they're fans of other teams, but some of the comments on that page are ignorant.

I did love the gameplan option of (paraphrasing) - score as many points as possible in the first half and try to do it again in the second. Genius.

And, once again, we see the annual masturbation over the Bengals' receiving corps, as though that's a ticket to the Super Bowl.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Case in point, McAmbiguous.

BroncoBuff
09-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Cool...

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2070/broncos.gif

Old Dude
09-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I think this one is a little overstated ...

http://boards.bengals.com/showpost.php?p=1216646&postcount=106

Good grief, we should at least be able to get 6 points.

azbroncfan
09-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Dummerville was the biggest strength for the Broncos front seven. However he will not be a factor, as he is a speed rusher trying to be a rock that eats up blocks in a 3-4. He will be man handled as a 3-4 DE and will not be a factor this year in the Broncons D..

Sorry dude that I didn't take the time to read your full post because I quit when I read that because it was apparent to me that you haven't really watched the Broncos with the bolded statement.

TheReverend
09-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Sorry dude that I didn't take the time to read your full post because I quit when I read that because it was apparent to me that you haven't really watched the Broncos with the bolded statement.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5844/facepalm.gif

Ambiguous
09-08-2009, 03:30 PM
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=50921&page=5

Jesus. I'd suggest not writing about the opposition if you know nothing about them. I always think it's stupid to simply criticize fans of other teams just because they're fans of other teams, but some of the comments on that page are ignorant.

I did love the gameplan option of (paraphrasing) - score as many points as possible in the first half and try to do it again in the second. Genius.

And, once again, we see the annual masturbation over the Bengals' receiving corps, as though that's a ticket to the Super Bowl.

This one was quite good. The Bengals coaching staff will either game plan to win by a lot, or not so much.

This is one of those games that really worry me. I do not believe Denver can hang with the offensive output from the Bengals. We need to come out fast and furious, and hang a 21 point lead going into the half. When they come out of the half, hang as many points on them as we can. This will be useful 2 ways. It puts the league on notice that the passing attack of the Bengals is back and has to be accounted for. Second, and most important, it regains the confidence of the offense after a dismal 2008. If they insist on playing "nice", and allowing Denver to hang around, it will give the rookie confidence, and could spell a loss. Put the onus of winning this game on Orton, and I forsee him handing us 3+ turnovers by trying to do too much.
Scenerio #1:
Cincy 34
Denver 3

Scenerio #2:
Cincy 24
Denver 20

Ambiguous
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM

Bengals fan, sorry.

Archer81
09-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Cinci: Negatives
Banged up QB, limited mobility
Patchwork offensive line
No "the guy" at RB
Thinned out TE corps
Defense over pursues
suspect secondary, safety positions have talent, but lack chemistry
Defense can be kept on the field by the run game, which will probably be the Broncos focus

Positives
Game is at their house
Palmer, while banged up is playing.
85, 15 and 11.
Active linebacking corps makes up for mistakes made in the secondary and line. Lots of speed in the middle.

Broncos
negatives:
Who starts at QB?
Will Marshall be up to speed to contribute?
RB depth
Interior offensive line starters are banged up
Red zone scoring. Havent seen much of it from the starting O
9 of 11 starters on defense are new, with a 10th in a new position playing a new scheme

Positives
Hillis
Royal, Sheffler and Graham
Offensive line should protect whoever plays at QB on sunday, and pave enough room for the RBs
Starting defensive front 7 looks improved over a year ago, with Dumervil looking like a beast off the edge
Healthy Bailey and Dawkins

This is what I see. I think the 3-4 gives Cinci problems in a division loaded with 3-4 defenses, and its good we get them early.

Game score Denver 20, Cinci 14.

I could have said something ridickiliss like 145-3, but Cinci fans have idiocy covered.

Br0nc0Buster
09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow they dont even think it will be close

Not sure why Bengals fans are so confident, but I guess if all you watch is ESPN I can see why you would think we will suck to

PaintballCLE
09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=20200

haha they sound like total idio......errr like us!

Ambiguous
09-08-2009, 08:49 PM
http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=20200

haha they sound like total idio......errr like us!

I was only about 6 posts in, then I came across this little gem:

Oh ye of little faith. I have complete and utter confidence in the Bengals' ability to royally screw this game (and this season) up. Honestly, I will be surprised if they don't, because choking in winnable games is a longtime team hallmark. Just watch: they'll blow the Broncos game not because the Donkeys are better, but because they can't get out of their own way. Mistakes and miscues let Denver hang around, the Broncos end up taking a late lead, and a final Bengals drive for a winning score ends with a turnover.

Next week, after everyone expects them to get steamrolled in Green Bay, they actually play well and lose a heartbreaker when GB makes, say, a 48 yard FG in the closing seconds.

Then in week 3 they come home, get up for the big division clash and defeat the Steelers.

Then they travel to Cleveland and get blown out by 30 points. Etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Note I'm not predicting this, just saying it would be about par for the annual course.

It was actually weird... like being on OM for the past few months, but... not. It was orange, had a few homers and a few people convinced their futile effort at a being a fan is just about as good as throwing yourself in a train.

I felt very much at home.

PaintballCLE
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
I was only about 6 posts in, then I came across this little gem:

It was actually weird... like being on OM for the past few months, but... not. It was orange, had a few homers and a few people convinced their futile effort at a being a fan is just about as good as throwing yourself in a train.

I felt very much at home.

exactly..........if only they traded palmer.......it would be a mirror image of the mane.

Archer81
09-08-2009, 09:48 PM
exactly..........if only they traded palmer.......it would be a mirror image of the mane.

Not to stir stir stir the pot...but Palmer actually got the Bengals to the playoffs...

SonOfLe-loLang
09-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Quote:
This is one of those games that really worry me. I do not believe Denver can hang with the offensive output from the Bengals. We need to come out fast and furious, and hang a 21 point lead going into the half. When they come out of the half, hang as many points on them as we can. This will be useful 2 ways. It puts the league on notice that the passing attack of the Bengals is back and has to be accounted for. Second, and most important, it regains the confidence of the offense after a dismal 2008. If they insist on playing "nice", and allowing Denver to hang around, it will give the rookie confidence, and could spell a loss. Put the onus of winning this game on Orton, and I forsee him handing us 3+ turnovers by trying to do too much.
Scenerio #1:
Cincy 34
Denver 3

Scenerio #2:
Cincy 24
Denver 20

--- Top notch analysis. I think we should follow a similar game plan. I think we should score points in the first half and then score points in the second half! How novel! I wish we had this game plan last year. If only someone told Shanahan/Cutler and company to score as many points as possible, we would have made the playoffs...we might have even won the super bowl!

ok, so the game plan this year...score as many points as possible.

go broncos!

McDman
09-08-2009, 10:42 PM

I was going to write the exact same thing.

Clockwork Orange
09-08-2009, 10:51 PM
There's at least one Bengals fan who's been paying attention to the Broncos.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/90650/thread/1252033062/last-1252466029/Pre+season+over-+Time+for+your+official+2009-10+predictions

Bengals have to watch out for screens and Dumervil.