PDA

View Full Version : Chad Jackson

mizzoutigers
09-07-2009, 02:20 PM
waived per schefter twitter account

Chris
09-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Ouch, though I thought Lloyd was easily better. To make way for Marshall or Holliday?

gtown
09-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Ouch, though I thought Lloyd was easily better. To make way for Marshall or Holliday?

The signing of Holliday and the reinstatement of Marshall resulted in 54 players. The Broncos had to cut one down. Given that they had 7 receivers on the roster, this makes sense.

titan
It was to make room for Marshall

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-waive-jackson/

Florida_Bronco

I thought they were already accounted for in the final 53?

My first thought would be either Simms or Orton is not quite ready to go for the opener and we'll be bringing back Martin for the emergency 3rd QB job.

TheDave
09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
not real surprising...

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Always wondered why the didn't use him for punt returns too ???

You just can't coach speed, and there's no substitute for it as a returner.

Florida_Bronco
It was to make room for Marshall

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-waive-jackson/

Ahh, so I was mistaken.

Baba Booey
Damn and to think I wanted this guy bad back in '06.

Gcver2ver3
09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
thats actually possibly a good sign that marshall is finally showing a little dedication to the cause...

underrated29
09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
ok... pound away...

I was saying that there is no way lloyd makes the team before chad jackson.........

Obviously i was wrong. Lay it if you want, i always own up. I have my napkin, knife and fork ready. Just dont serve it cold.

Killericon
09-07-2009, 02:48 PM
And so it was that trading for Javon Walker was still a good idea.

LongDongJohnson
09-07-2009, 03:00 PM

javon walker or draft greg jennings??? hard to say hard to say.

sad thing is shanahan said he was going to use that 2nd to pick up jennings.

Mr.Meanie
09-07-2009, 03:06 PM
is he PS eligible?

Chris
09-07-2009, 03:08 PM
For the record

Mcdaniels let an ex-patriot go. Does he have to cut all of them to no longer be accused of favouritism?

underrated29
09-07-2009, 03:22 PM
For the record

Mcdaniels let an ex-patriot go. Does he have to cut all of them to no longer be accused of favouritism?

Dude.

Billy B just let one go so Joshy had to follow suit. You know that. :nutkick (josh and the broncos)

Broncoman13
09-07-2009, 03:29 PM
For the record

CJax hardly counts since he was already cut once from NE...

FireFly
09-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Damn and to think I wanted this guy bad back in '06.

You and me both! Top of my wish list almost, and then once he slipped into the second I was like get him! get him!

... And that's why I'm not in charge of the broncos draft :clown:

Elway777
09-07-2009, 03:52 PM
The Broncos keep Jackson in case they dealt Marshall. With Marshall back on the roster then no reason to keep Jackson.

Killericon
09-07-2009, 04:06 PM
javon walker or draft greg jennings??? hard to say hard to say.

sad thing is shanahan said he was going to use that 2nd to pick up jennings.

Oh ****. I thought he said it was gonna be Jackson.

NEVERMIND!

meangene
09-07-2009, 04:55 PM
This means we see a lot of Lloyd and McKinley on Sunday with Marshall needing time to get up to speed. I was impressed with Lloyd in the preseason and think McKinley is going to be a real good player for us. I'm excited to see what he can do when the games count.

mhgaffney
09-07-2009, 05:24 PM
No, Marshall was already included.

broncosteven
09-07-2009, 05:29 PM
For the record

For the record Shanny picked him up last year so he was a Patsy castoff that Shanny picked up. It is not like the Broncos HC brought him over to help him control the locker room.

Broncos123
09-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I remember I wanted him back in 06 as well. Fell down fast. Had great speed, remember hearing not such a great head. Hope he gets picked up

scorpio
09-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Should have cut his hair.

broncosteven
09-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Should have cut his hair.

Or learned to long snap

Cosmo
09-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Did Jackson play special teams? I know Lloyd probably doesn't.

footstepsfrom#27
09-07-2009, 08:21 PM
For the record

You can't count Jackson as an ex-Pat...he came here in the first place because he wasn't wanted there. If anything, I think the fact that he played and got cut there actually probably hurt him here a lot more than it helped. Having said that he had a couple drops in the Cards game and I was surprised he was included on the final roster to start with.

BroncoMan4ever
09-08-2009, 12:01 AM

i've always felt that vision was more important in a return man than speed. Hillis looked good as a return man in the preseason when he got an opportunity and he doesn't have elite speed, but he had power and good vision.

Hogan11
09-08-2009, 12:20 AM
The guy was a scrub, no real loss.

cutthemdown
09-08-2009, 12:52 AM

Maybe he tried a few in practice and looked bad at it? You gotta think quite a few get a shot at it. It's sort of an unteachable skill to be able to judge the ball in the air and catch it cleanly. Some guys just stink at that part of it despite what they can do once they have the ball.

cutthemdown
09-08-2009, 12:57 AM
The most important thing in a return man is the number 0.

The amount of times he screws up and doesn't catch the ball/or fumbles the ball. Turnovers on special teams are one of the huge killers. You rarely see teams get returns for tds, or easy scores off muffed punts etc lose. Especially the good teams.

You give teams the ball back on special teams and its a real bummer.

Really they are just looking for someone to catch the ball, then take it straight up the field fighting for 10 yrds. Everything past 10 yrds gravy. A few big returns man that is the icing on the cake.

It would be great to find someone like rick upchurch. You know someone the other teams just flat afraid to kick the ball to. Except us we would kick it to him........but that guy probably not on team right now.

I will settle for catch the ball, don't fumble, advance punts 7-10 yrds.

On kickoffs just get the thing past the 20, to the 30 once in awhile and don't screw up and fumble.

BMarsh615
09-08-2009, 01:19 AM
is he PS eligible?

Nope.

Mr.Meanie
09-08-2009, 07:34 AM
The most important thing in a return man is the number 0.

The amount of times he screws up and doesn't catch the ball/or fumbles the ball. Turnovers on special teams are one of the huge killers. You rarely see teams get returns for tds, or easy scores off muffed punts etc lose. Especially the good teams.

You give teams the ball back on special teams and its a real bummer.

Really they are just looking for someone to catch the ball, then take it straight up the field fighting for 10 yrds. Everything past 10 yrds gravy. A few big returns man that is the icing on the cake.

It would be great to find someone like rick upchurch. You know someone the other teams just flat afraid to kick the ball to. Except us we would kick it to him........but that guy probably not on team right now.

I will settle for catch the ball, don't fumble, advance punts 7-10 yrds.

On kickoffs just get the thing past the 20, to the 30 once in awhile and don't screw up and fumble.

Exactly right. It's why the Steelers used Mewelde Moore last year returning kickoffs (slowest KR I've ever seen), and ended up winning it all. Turnovers on ST and giving up huge chunks of yards or TDs on ST seperates the good from the great teams.

DenverBroncosJM
09-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Doesnt Jackson have a broken hand also?

Kinda hard to justify keeping him

azbroncfan
09-08-2009, 09:57 AM

It was all a no win situation no matter how you look at it. Trade that no one remembers.