PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez in Boulder ... does that make sense?

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 10:35 AM
In case anybody missed it, Mark Sanchez was on the Buffs sidelines all day yesterday, head to toe in Buffs gear.

Q: Is this kinda irresponsible for a rookie QB whose first ever NFL game is one week and 2000 miles away?
A: Yes. Yes it is.

The only remaining question is, will he and Scotty McKnight get matching bro-mance tattoos like Chris Simms and Kyle Shanahan? (Or as SoCal might put it, will their children have Mark's eyes? :~ohyah!:)

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 10:37 AM
If I saw Kyle Orton in Gainesville or somewhere yesterday all done up in Gators gear, I would be kinda pissed. And Orton is a veteran.

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Oh I love this part of a fan's logic. The part that says "All athletes must eat, sleep, and breathe their job 24 hours a day. Recreation is a sin. But me? Oh yeah, I'm enjoying my 3-day weekend. I love being off of work!"

Taco John
09-07-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't have a problem with this. It's a plane ride. So what?

Inkana7
09-07-2009, 10:44 AM
No. No it isn't, Buff.

Meck77
09-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah I don't have a problem with it either. Now if he was pulling a Cutler and getting shiat faced around town the day before a game then.....

wolf754life
09-07-2009, 10:51 AM
just can't get enough can you fanboy buff?

Dagmar
09-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Little bit of an overreaction Buff.

Karenin
09-07-2009, 10:58 AM
worthless thread.

Bronx33
09-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Maybe he was jut scoring some trim..

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Wow ... okay, guess I'm all alone on this one.

If I was a Jets fan I sure as heck wouldn't like it. He's a rookie, and a rookie starting quarterback to boot. I would want him at the facility working with the guys, or at least studying or in meetings with coaches. The f'ing season opener is in one week, less that a week after he lands at JFK - which he's probably doing right about now - 2 pm Eastern time.

Put it this way, I guess I already said this, but if I saw Kyle Orton 2000 miles away yesterday hanging out on the East Coast on some college sidelines I wouldn't like it. He should be studying and preparing. Betcha the NY papers echo this ... I'll check.

just can't get enough can you fanboy buff?
??? ... I'm not a Jets fan.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 11:06 AM
worthless thread.

And yet you chose to post in it. Kinda strange .....

mizzoutigers
09-07-2009, 11:14 AM
water is wet

Broncoman13
09-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Buff's weak attempt at deflecting the attention of HOW BAD HIS SCHOOL SUCKS BAWLS...

elsid13
09-07-2009, 11:19 AM

If I was a Jets fan I sure as heck wouldn't like it. He's a rookie, and a rookie starting quarterback to boot. I would want him at the facility working with the guys, or at least studying or in meetings with coaches. The f'ing season opener is in one week, less that a week after he lands at JFK - which he's probably doing right about now - 2 pm Eastern time.

Put it this way, I guess I already said this, but if I saw Kyle Orton 2000 miles away yesterday hanging out on the East Coast on some college sidelines I wouldn't like it. He should be studying and preparing. Betcha the NY papers echo this ... I'll check.

dude relax kid in town visiting his best friend (McKnight for CU) and it not like he doesn't have weekend off.

Broncoman13
09-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Not to mention that most teams aren't returning to practice until tomorrow.

DenverBrit
09-07-2009, 11:27 AM
A football player seen at a football game during a three day weekend??

That can't be right. Ha!

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Not to mention that most teams aren't returning to practice until tomorrow.

MANDATORY practice, yes. You don't agree, fine ... but whatever happened to the Rod Smith attitude that you show up at the facility every day? To at least run and lift? Remember, a rookie starting QB has a big load to absorb and feel comfortable in an NFL environment. The week before the opener he should be getting rest and absorbing the game plan and the nuances of what they're gonna do - my opinion anyway.

Oh well, I'm alone on this, at least here. I'll check the NY papers and Jets sites later, I'll bet he got SOME criticism.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Buff's weak attempt at deflecting the attention of HOW BAD HIS SCHOOL SUCKS BAWLS...

Weak? I thought it was very strong ... :~ohyah!:

rovolution
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mark-sanchez-colorado-gear.jpg

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 01:22 PM

I'm not sure what you want me to say.

footstepsfrom#27
09-07-2009, 01:31 PM

I can see your point. It's about perception, which in business (which the NFL is) is 90% of reallity. This guy's a rookie QB playing in the media capital of the world, where fans and media are notoriously hard on players. Even if it doesn't impact him at all to take off a day right before the first game, if he performs below expectations next week the fans will think it impacted him. The thinking will go like this; If he's got time to hop a plane to Colorado, and stand on the sidelines of the Buffs game, what is he doing when he's in New York?

As a rookie if you're handed a starting QB job as a 1st round pick, you're already fighting long odds to succeed. He may be the rare exception that doesn't need every spare minute to prepare, but given that Matt Leinert came out of USC and promptly got himself a reputation of as a playboy rather than a player, he ought to be aware of the fact that fans notice this stuff.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
No thread on TheGangGreen.com about Sanchez in Boulder ...

But this (51 page) thread about Brandon Marshall is pretty interesting: http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=47760

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
As a rookie if you're handed a starting QB job as a 1st round pick, you're already fighting long odds to succeed. He may be the rare exception that doesn't need every spare minute to prepare, but given that Matt Leinert came out of USC and promptly got himself a reputation of as a playboy rather than a player, he ought to be aware of the fact that fans notice this stuff.

Thanks ... couldn't have said it better.

Cmac821
09-07-2009, 02:05 PM
I am more pissed that he wasn't eligible to play and help the buffs come back :)

baja
09-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey he's Mexican he can do what ever the hell he wants to. He don't need no stinking studings.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey he's Mexican he can do what ever the hell he wants to. He don't need no stinking studings.

You do know your Mexicans, can't deny that.

Cmac821
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM

lol, that might be a little racist

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2009, 02:19 PM
MANDATORY practice, yes. You don't agree, fine ... but whatever happened to the Rod Smith attitude that you show up at the facility every day? To at least run and lift? Remember, a rookie starting QB has a big load to absorb and feel comfortable in an NFL environment. The week before the opener he should be getting rest and absorbing the game plan and the nuances of what they're gonna do - my opinion anyway.

Oh well, I'm alone on this, at least here. I'll check the NY papers and Jets sites later, I'll bet he got SOME criticism.

While that may be fair, I would speculate this:
1) I guarantee he hit the weight room/treadmill/etc at his hotel.
2) I'm willing to bet he brought a playbook/dvd/whatever for the plane flight at least

And hell... At home, where everybody knows you, etc, there are way more distractions. Nobody, not Rod Smith or anybody else, does their job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

baja
09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
lol, that might be a little racist

yes I hate myself.

Sassy
09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Brandon Marshall for Mark Sanchez ;D

Jason in LA
09-07-2009, 02:48 PM

Seeing that he was at the game, I'm pretty sure the team had the day off. They probably had the weekend off and they'll be starting on their normal work week this week. To my knowledge players don't report until Wednesday during the week.

The guy has been through mini camps, training camp, and four preseason games. Dude is as ready as he's going to be.

Jason in LA
09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
I can see your point. It's about perception, which in business (which the NFL is) is 90% of reallity. This guy's a rookie QB playing in the media capital of the world, where fans and media are notoriously hard on players. Even if it doesn't impact him at all to take off a day right before the first game, if he performs below expectations next week the fans will think it impacted him. The thinking will go like this; If he's got time to hop a plane to Colorado, and stand on the sidelines of the Buffs game, what is he doing when he's in New York?

Well I guess on his next day off he better sit at home doing nothing so nobody can question what he's doing. ;D

DaFace
09-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Was he riding a motorcycle through a ring of fire while doing a 250' jump? If not, I'm pretty sure this is no big deal.

ColoradoDarin
09-07-2009, 05:48 PM
There's no way that he could study the playbook on the flights!! Burn him, burn the witch!

Captain 'Dre
09-07-2009, 06:18 PM
In case anybody missed it, Mark Sanchez was on the Buffs sidelines all day yesterday, head to toe in Buffs gear.

Q: Is this kinda irresponsible for a rookie QB whose first ever NFL game is one week and 2000 miles away?

The only remaining question is, will he and Scotty McKnight get matching bro-mance tattoos like Chris Simms and Kyle Shanahan? (Or as SoCal might put it, will their children have Mark's eyes? :~ohyah!:)

Pardon my potential ignorance, but since Sanchez went to USC, WTH is he dressing in Buffs gear for?!?

Gort
09-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Nobody, not Rod Smith or anybody else, does their job 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

tell that to the soldiers & marines over in Afghanistan.

ohiobronco2
09-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Brandon Marshall for Mark Sanchez ;D

Hilarious! This took way to long.

TonyR
09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Pardon my potential ignorance, but since Sanchez went to USC, WTH is he dressing in Buffs gear for?!?

I was wondering the same thing.

Also wondering why Hawkins was able to build Boise St. into a hell of a program but is really struggling to make CU respectable. I thought he'd have this program back into the top 20 by now but clearly they're not even close.

Orange_Beard
09-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Loser.

RhymesayersDU
09-07-2009, 07:45 PM
tell that to the soldiers & marines over in Afghanistan.

You got me. My fault.

footstepsfrom#27
09-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Well I guess on his next day off he better sit at home doing nothing so nobody can question what he's doing. ;D
Well I never said it was fair.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 08:55 PM
Tony and Captain, he's very close friends with WR Scottie McKnight and friends with QB Cody Hawkins. The gear I guess is just in support of them or maybe to blend in on the sidelines ???

Plus we gotta realize, he's a newly rich young man. He's gotta be loving all the money, I'll bet he rented an Escalade at DIA ... he might've bought the gear just because he had plenty of money. Buying stuff is, of course, fun.

He has visited Boulder numerous times the past couple years, always touching off rumors he might transfer ... especially when he was passed over in favor of Booty in 2007.

BoulderBum
09-07-2009, 09:31 PM

Is that scarier as a Jets fan than a Texans fan seeing Kubiak there?

broncocalijohn
09-07-2009, 09:45 PM

So maybe it isnt CSU that is gay afterall. Buff, just tell us how that CSU victory taste over in Berkeley, I mean Boulder.

BroncoBuff
09-07-2009, 09:47 PM
So maybe it isnt CSU that is gay afterall. Buff, just tell us how that CSU victory taste over in Berkeley, I mean Boulder.

We have a home and home with Cal starting next year I think.

ZONA
09-07-2009, 10:29 PM
............wait for it

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't see it is a big deal at all that he was at the game.

enjolras
09-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I don't care that he was at the game, but what the hell was he doing in C.U. gear? Last I checked he was a trojan....