PDA

View Full Version : Im PUMPED!!! Broncos v Bengals, week 1

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Okay people.... Call it homerism, call it blind faith, call it what you want but I just got all fired up for bronco football.
Has it been a surprising offseason? Hell yes
Has it been a heartbreaking offseason? Hell yes
Has it been jaw dropping? hell yes
Were there times of disappointment and anger? Check and check

I dont give a rats ass what has transpired in the off season at this point. These are OUR Denver Broncos God damnit! I've been bleeding, pissing, spitting and ****ting Orange and Blue all my life and I'm not gonna let a tear filled (Shanny getting fired), shocking (hearing the leaking of Cutler for Cassel), anger filled (Hearing Cutler whine about having her feelings hurt), head scratching (seeing the team draft a RB #1 after signing 647 of them in the offseason, although I like Moreno), head shaking (watching the preseason) offseason get me down. It is what it is and what it is is BRONCOS Football baby!!!!!!

Here is to an entertaining Broncos season. Drink em down boys and girls, and, if we struggle, drink a few more because this is our team and if you aint a fan during the tough times, you aint a real fan during the glory..... )Thats right, I said aint damnit. You have a problem with that? Become a whine and cheese Chargers fan)

Go Broncos and I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yayaya:

Archer81
09-06-2009, 08:59 PM
How dare you show enthusiasm...for shame, sir.

:Broncos:

BlaK-Argentina
09-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Hell yeah!!! GO BRONCOS! **** THE HATERS!!! Can't wait!!!

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Damn... I just realised, This is my 30th year as a die hard Broncos fan.... Hell yeah to the Broncos and hell yeah to me!!!

Archer81
09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Damn... I just realised, This is my 30th year as a die hard Broncos fan.... Hell yeah to the Broncos and hell yeah to me!!!

High 5.

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2009, 09:05 PM
High 5.

:welcome:

Spider
09-06-2009, 09:07 PM
yep....

scorpio
09-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Okay people.... Call it homerism, call it blind faith, call it what you want but I just got all fired up for bronco football.

I dont give a rats ass what has transpired in the off season at this point. These are OUR Denver Broncos God damnit! I've been bleeding, pissing, spitting and ****ting Orange and Blue all my life and I'm not gonna let a tear filled (Shanny getting fired), shocking (hearing the leaking of Cutler for Cassel), anger filled (Hearing Cutler whine about having her feelings hurt), head scratching (seeing the team draft a RB #1 after signing 647 of them in the offseason, although I like Moreno), head shaking (watching the preseason) offseason get me down. It is what it is and what it is is BRONCOS Football baby!!!!!!

Here is to an entertaining Broncos season. Drink em down boys and girls, and, if we struggle, drink a few more because this is our team and if you aint a fan during the tough times, you aint a real fan during the glory..... )Thats right, I said aint damnit. You have a problem with that? Become a whine and cheese Chargers fan)

cosign

Crushaholic
09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
That about sums it up...:thumbs:

Popps
09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Good to see you, Philly!

Share you're enthusiasm, man. We had our draft-party weekend and now it's the long, painful wait for Sunday. (Yes, at least Thursday will help ease the pain of the wait.)

What a great time of year.

It's a blank canvas, man. Who knows what could happen this year. Can't friggin' wait.

theAPAOps5
09-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for posting this philly!

Bet it gets derailed by the drama queens though. See if you hate the team moves you get to do whatever you want and post whatever you want. But positive sentiments get ignored and buried. So I hope this one doesn't because its time to pull for the team. Regardless if you are a Shanafan first like Lex and others.

dbroncos31
09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
**** and YES.

About damn time for this season to start. I cannot wait for the team to come out and play tough, hard football for the first time in a few years and compete with intensity.

Let's come out swinging and shock everybody writing us off

TheDave
09-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Agreed...

For the 1st time in 15 years I have absolutely now idea what I am about to see...

Good, bad or Ugly Go Broncos!

(Too bad all the "optomists'" are whining in every post...:poke: )

ScottXray
09-06-2009, 09:37 PM

+1:thumbsup:

Meck77
09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Salute...:OF1:

footstepsfrom#27
09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
You started when you were four?

Sassy
09-06-2009, 09:42 PM

Thank God for Old Timers on the Mane~!
GO BRONCOS!!!

enjolras
09-06-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm pumped because I really do think this team is significantly better than last season. I don't know if the record will reflect (this schedule is a killer), but I think the team is better overall... more importantly I think this team is going to compete. They're going to play hard, they're going to smash some mouths, and they're going to be a team other teams hate to play.

Given the way this team has played for the last 6 or 7 years.... I can't fricking wait.

So ya... I'm pumped:)

phillybroncosnut
09-06-2009, 10:11 PM
You started when you were four?

Yeah.... Running around my parents house tackling hampers and chairs and saying "I'm Randy Gradishar or the Orange Crush".... Thats how it all started

Al Wilson
09-06-2009, 11:27 PM
I am so pumped !!!!! Can't wait to see this guy laying the wood (this is for u philly !) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1vvLOxtyI

Popps
09-06-2009, 11:36 PM
I am so pumped !!!!! Can't wait to see this guy laying the wood (this is for u philly !) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1vvLOxtyI

Seriously.

If he's healthy, I don't think Broncos fans know what they're in for.

Friggin' love this dude.

Baba Booey
09-06-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm excited. We may/may not suck huge nuts this year but who cares? It's still Broncos football.

Los Broncos
09-07-2009, 01:24 AM
I expect a lot of running in this one, always pumped for the opener.

I remember that game from a couple of seasons ago v Buffalo, field goal to win it with time winding down.

I would love to steal a close one.

Los Broncos
09-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Seriously.

If he's healthy, I don't think Broncos fans know what they're in for.

Friggin' love this dude.

Watching that gets me amped, that guy can lay some serious wood

DBroncos4life
09-07-2009, 01:46 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCtugsn0_R0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCtugsn0_R0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DBroncos4life
09-07-2009, 01:48 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kippnibTU7c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kippnibTU7c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Broncobuddy7
09-07-2009, 04:27 AM
I'm pumped too! Lets go BRONCOS!!!

NYBronco
09-07-2009, 04:54 AM
I may even take a small 8 hour road trip to watch them in Cincinnati. Go Broncos!

Broncos123
09-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Have been a Broncos Fan for 35 years now, can't wait for the season to start. Philly you stated how I was feeling. We true fans stick with the team through thick or thin. The offseason has been exciting. The season is going to be just as exciting.

Ramathorn
09-07-2009, 05:35 AM

This is my 22nd year as a die hard so as much as I hate mcdaniels, I cant piss it all away!! GO BRONCOS!!!! Ill be in cincy week 1 to c the win!!!!:strong:

Broncos123
09-07-2009, 05:43 AM
I will be in Cinn as well

baja
09-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Fan for 38 years damn that's a long time.

Hogan11
09-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Go Broncos!

Pseudofool
09-07-2009, 07:19 AM

ScottXray
09-07-2009, 07:25 AM
65 = 44 years.

And its GO BRONCOS still.

Never gonna change!

My wifes Grandfather had season tickets from the earliest days (61) till the day he died (83). He got to see the 77 SB, but he never got to see them win one.

There is more of a premium on going to and winning that game now, but some of the younger fans don't seem to realise just how RARE that event
can be. Look at KC, Minnesota, Buffalo, New Orleans and other teams that have NEVER won one, or not won one for over 40 years.

I will always be grateful to Shanahan for those two magical years when the Broncos were World Champions, but now we have a NEW coach and the beginnings of a NEW team. So bring it on, and let the chips fall, I want to see some BRONCO football!

Fusionfrontman
09-07-2009, 08:06 AM
I have wood.

Punisher
09-07-2009, 09:29 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEcAlsSq1eM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEcAlsSq1eM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

look at the 1st few minutes of this video it sums up everything i think about this season coming up

Bronx33
09-07-2009, 09:40 AM
A positive thread!! iam speechless....

go broncos!!

Rock Chalk
09-07-2009, 09:44 AM
24th or 25th year for me. Somewhere around there. Me and Taco actually became fans on the same day, in fact, on the same play.

BlaK-Argentina
09-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Only my seventh year as a fan but that's only because I live in another country and didn't get to see football till I traveled to the US in 2002. Loved the Broncos more than anything since then.

Only six more days!!!

Broncobiv
09-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I expect a lot of running in this one, always pumped for the opener.

I remember that game from a couple of seasons ago v Buffalo, field goal to win it with time winding down.

I would love to steal a close one.
Highlights from that game (4th quarter starts at 2:42):

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8022c601/Broncos-15-Bills-14

Man what a great ending. The whole drive was beautiful including of course the entire FG process completed in about 10 seconds.

Los Broncos
09-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Highlights from that game (4th quarter starts at 2:42):

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8022c601/Broncos-15-Bills-14

Man what a great ending. The whole drive was beautiful including of course the entire FG process completed in about 10 seconds.

Thanks for looking that up.

phillybroncosnut
09-07-2009, 11:39 AM
24th or 25th year for me. Somewhere around there. Me and Taco actually became fans on the same day, in fact, on the same play.

I dont know the answer but giving the time frame.... The Chargers game (blocked FG)??

Rock Chalk
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
I dont know the answer but giving the time frame.... The Chargers game (blocked FG)??

Bingo. The double block. First the blocked kick, then the offsides penalty and the Chargers second chance, then the blocked kick again only this time Louis Wright returning the blocked kick for a TD.

Thats when I became a fan.

DeusExManning
09-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Go Broncos

PRBronco
09-07-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm so pumped...work is going to be a complete write off for me this week :(

broncswin
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm ready...i'm ready...what time is it??? Bungle as$ kickin' time!!!

God i love my broncos...bring it on

HILife
09-07-2009, 01:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwoRFGx19sU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IwoRFGx19sU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ward63
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Anybody going? I'll be there

broncosteven
09-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Fan for 38 years damn that's a long time.

You got me by 2 years this is my 36th year of Bronco's football going back to 1973. I am guessing the love started at the end of '72 but '73 was the 1st full season.

I am as positive about the year as I can get!

I hung up my Bronco Flag dispite living in the Chicago suburbs.

I have found the trick to not getting heckled by Chicago mouth breathers, they don't mock me about Cutler if I am wearing Elway Tees. I broke out the Elway HOF induction Tee and an old school Broncos Football Tee with Elway's number on the back this weekend and no one harassed me at all.

Anyway, it will be a difficult season but I am looking forward to seeing some new innovations and progress for next year.

Popps
09-07-2009, 06:22 PM
To me, seasons like this are where Broncos fans show their merit.

Anyone can stay loyal and upbeat during good times. Things may be bumpy right now, but I truly believe there will be another payoff in the future, and not the distant future, either.

It's a fresh start. Like how it happened or not, it's basically a new leaf for the franchise. The last time we did this, it ended in two SBs.

You have to enjoy the ride, not just the destination.

SportinOne
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm excited. I get to catch the Broncos game early and then I'm driving up to Green Bay with a bunch of friends for Bears/Packers.

Archer81
09-07-2009, 06:31 PM

Anyone can stay loyal and upbeat during good times. Things may be bumpy right now, but I truly believe there will be another payoff in the future, and not the distant future, either.

It's a fresh start. Like how it happened or not, it's basically a new leaf for the franchise. The last time we did this, it ended in two SBs.

+1

lex
09-07-2009, 06:34 PM

Says the Felatiating Flock.

Archer81
09-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Says the Felatiating Flock.

http://tinyurl.com/da3vdk

Dendave
09-07-2009, 06:43 PM
for all that are going to the game don't forget to stop by

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79609

BroncsRule
09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
"Felatiating" is not a word.

Archer81
09-07-2009, 07:12 PM

Pshaw...how dare you question the mental acumen of the great Lex? Pshaw I say...

broncosteven
09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Pshaw...how dare you question the mental acumen of the great Lex? Pshaw I say...

What is your stance on the use of the word "Felatiating"?

Has that ever been used in the gay community or do you guys just say "suck" instead?

broncswin
09-07-2009, 08:00 PM

It is when you live in Lex I'm a downer Luthers world:wiggle:

Archer81
09-07-2009, 08:03 PM
What is your stance on the use of the word "Felatiating"?

Has that ever been used in the gay community or do you guys just say "suck" instead?

Felatiating as noted, does not exist as a word. The common terms in the "community" are head, BJ or knobswab.

lex
09-07-2009, 08:15 PM

It is now.

Bronx33
09-07-2009, 08:23 PM
It is now.

I would also like to enter a new word ( douchebaggery) example: lex is up to more douchebaggery.

Bronco Yoda
09-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Nice Philly! Too many ****ing Crybabies around here lately. We need to reestablish our old man cave if you know what I mean.

watermock
09-07-2009, 08:48 PM
http://www.flawlesshustle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/beer_girls.jpg

Let's clean it up.

BroncoMan4ever
09-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I dont give a rats ass what has transpired in the off season at this point. These are OUR Denver Broncos God damnit! I've been bleeding, pissing, spitting and ****ting Orange and Blue all my life

you should probably see a doctor about that. that isn't normal.

i agree with you completely though. i don't care what happened this offseason, it is time to kick off this new season and i hope we kick it off right by throat punching the Bengals and opening the year with a win.

GO BRONCOS!!

BroncoMan4ever
09-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Felatiating as noted, does not exist as a word. The common terms in the "community" are head, BJ or knobswab.

not sure about the "community" words for it, but in the straight world it has also been referred to as helmet shining and knob gobbling,

BroncoMan4ever
09-08-2009, 12:08 AM

damn right. and i agree, we are on the verge of becoming a force to be reckoned with in the NFL and a lot sooner than people are believing.

Popps
09-08-2009, 12:13 AM
damn right. and i agree, we are on the verge of becoming a force to be reckoned with in the NFL and a lot sooner than people are believing.

Or not... but I'm going to keep the faith and root my ass off in the process.

I'll like some things we do, won't like others, but it's a great time for Broncos fans, imo.

I'm psyched to see a real, complete team come together. People are blowing it off, but our special teams were phenomenal in the preseason, minus one blown kick cover against the best returner in the game.

If this team improves at...

-Special teams
-Defense
-Turnover ratio

... that's going to go a long way towards making up for some passing yardage stats lost.

Not to mention, if we can find a way to increase our scoring output from the middle of the pack, and sustain any sort of running game.

I think this thing is being put together correctly, and it'll be interesting to see the responses from the John Claytons of the world when that becomes more apparent to the average fan/writer.

Hogan11
09-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Broncos fan since 1972...that's right 19 f'n 72!

As for this season, I'm on board come hell or high water...but it's best summed up by this:

"Ever hear the story of the Zen Master and the Little Boy?"

BroncoMan4ever
09-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Or not... but I'm going to keep the faith and root my ass off in the process.

I'll like some things we do, won't like others, but it's a great time for Broncos fans, imo.

I'm psyched to see a real, complete team come together. People are blowing it off, but our special teams were phenomenal in the preseason, minus one blown kick cover against the best returner in the game.

If this team improves at...

-Special teams
-Defense
-Turnover ratio

... that's going to go a long way towards making up for some passing yardage stats lost.

Not to mention, if we can find a way to increase our scoring output from the middle of the pack, and sustain any sort of running game.

I think this thing is being put together correctly, and it'll be interesting to see the responses from the John Claytons of the world when that becomes more apparent to the average fan/writer.

another thing i like is that the players seem to have more discipline, they aren't taking plays off, and look as though they are NOT going to be a team that fades late in games or in the 2nd half of the season. also the addition of size and strength, you can tell just looking at the front 7 that our defense is huge compared with last season