PDA

View Full Version : kerry rhodes: big jets announcement coming

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 07:35 PM
jet fans expect a big announcement coming soon lol!

Sorry 4 the hold up fans but this stuff sometime takes time but just stay tuned u will find out soon. Not trying to hold u guys in limbo ...

then someone asked if its about marshall, he said "you may be right, hint hint."

Chris
09-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Tonight? It's late

TheDave
09-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Whos Kerry Rhodes?

ChrisSimpy
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Whos Kerry Rhodes?

one of the best safety's in the game :thumbsup:

BlaK-Argentina
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Is it supposed to be coming tonight?

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 07:40 PM
i dunno he made that post like 5 hours ago and still nothing

jebures
we are going to end up getting david harris and Kevin O'Connell. Coincidence they traded for him today, i think not.

then someone asked if its about marshall, he said "you may be right, hint hint."

Man-Goblin
Peter King 9 minutes ago.

SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing)There will be no trade now. Marshall isn't back to be dealt, tho a gd offer would get him. Forget a Marshall-O'Connell/plus-something deal.

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Marvin Harrison?

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 07:42 PM
SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing)There will be no trade now. Marshall isn't back to be dealt, tho a gd offer would get him. Forget a Marshall-O'Connell/plus-something deal.;

edit: mangoblin got it first...but yea this is what peter king has to say, hes generally well informed. rhodes may be talking about leon washington extension?

TheDave
09-06-2009, 07:42 PM
one of the best safety's in the game :thumbsup:

Gotcha... Just not used to players breaking team news.

KipCorrington25
09-06-2009, 07:43 PM
"isn't back to be dealt" means what exactly?

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 07:45 PM

he was back at DV today practicing with the team. he didnt come back just to get traded.

ChrisSimpy
Gotcha... Just not used to players breaking team news.

Twitter will be the downfall of everything zowie!

BlaK-Argentina

Back to practice I guess. If this wasn't about Marshall wouldn't Rhodes just say no instead of saying "you may be right"?

Hercules Rockefeller
09-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Didn't bring him back from his suspension to turn around and deal him.

TheDave
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Twitter will be the downfall of everything zowie!

Not sure about the downfall... But it is definately one of the most annoying things ever.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
King says no deal now, but it's his disclaimer that for the first time think Marshall will eventually be dealt. Dude has McD's text number on speed dial. If the Jet's hard on for Marshall is big enough (which I think it is so they can give their rookie pretty boy an actual target to throw to) this thing is going to get done.

Rock Chalk
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Not sure about the downfall... But it is definately one of the most annoying things ever.

Yeah but wouldnt it be great if ESPN and other big news outlets just stopped being relevant for news and went back to ****ing highlights?

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah but wouldnt it be great if ESPN and other big news outlets just stopped being relevant for news and went back to ****ing highlights?

they arent really relevant as it is, they are sensationalists.

Rock Chalk
09-06-2009, 07:51 PM
they arent really relevant as it is, they are sensationalists.

Way to miss the point of ESPN getting back to highlights schmuck.

Doggcow
09-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Kerry Rhodes for Brandon Marshall would make my dick hard

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
personally, id gladly give up marshall and a 5th for a first and third next year.

PaintballCLE
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Kerry Rhodes for Brandon Marshall would make my dick hard

the dortoh and the beached whale thread isn't doing it for you anymore? :wave:

TheDave
09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
$1,000 says he's drunk and ****ing with everyone...

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
ps if we get oconnell just to dump brandstater, i will officially not know what the **** is going on here.

WABronco
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
personally, id gladly give up marshall and a 5th for a first and third next year.

Lol where do you even come up with those numbers?

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Lol where do you even come up with those numbers?

my ass. but given that we dont have any more information, if i were GM, i would strongly consider that totally 100% hypothetical deal.

RunSilentRunDeep
09-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah, GM's always huddle with their safeties before making a deal. They even encourage the player to have fun with the info online. It makes sense to run a loose ship since the New York media is small and easy to control.

Lev Vyvanse
09-06-2009, 08:11 PM
i will officially not know what the **** is going on here.

Admitting you have a problem is always the first step.

scorpio
09-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, GM's always huddle with their safeties before making a deal. They even encourage the player to have fun with the info online. It makes sense to run a loose ship since the New York media is small and easy to control.

What makes you think Rex Ryan knows what he's doing as a head coach?

Mogulseeker
09-06-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't like the sound of this.

TheDave
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM
from jets board... :spit:

Is it he's changing his name to Dos Cinco?

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't like the sound of this.

Why? There's nothing to it.

LongDongJohnson
09-06-2009, 08:44 PM
probably leon washington getting a new contract or some bs that doesnt even have to do with our team.

UberBroncoMan
09-06-2009, 09:06 PM
from jets board... :spit:

Wouldn't it be Uno Cinco...

TheDave
09-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Wouldn't it be Uno Cinco...

They were talking about Rhodes...

Archer81
09-06-2009, 09:10 PM
BOMBSHELL??

I kid, I kid...

:Broncos:

UberBroncoMan
09-06-2009, 09:43 PM
They were talking about Rhodes...

OooOooOoo

cutthemdown
09-06-2009, 09:44 PM
More like Harris, Oconnol, and a 1st round pick for Marshal.

Number 1 WR with his skill set number about 3 in the NFL. Harris is a good inside backer but there are about 20-30 like him in the NFL.

If it's for a linebacker and a bkup developmental QB I will have my first bad thing to say about the new regime. That would be a steal for Jet's.

DenverBrit
09-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Busy little railway.

http://www.railwayshop.com/valhalla/vv48.jpg

DBroncos4life
09-06-2009, 09:49 PM
ps if we get oconnell just to dump brandstater, i will officially not know what the **** is going on here.

cause you have been such a huge inside source before....

DBroncos4life
09-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Queer ass Jets fans said that Denver fans think they are trading us Sanchez, not sure which board said that but they think we are going to trade them Marshall for Brad Smith. Yeah that's a good trade. I have never wanted to join another teams board before but after reading that I kind of wish I could.

Popps
09-06-2009, 10:11 PM
More like Harris, Oconnol, and a 1st round pick for Marshal.

Number 1 WR with his skill set number about 3 in the NFL. Harris is a good inside backer but there are about 20-30 like him in the NFL.

If it's for a linebacker and a bkup developmental QB I will have my first bad thing to say about the new regime. That would be a steal for Jet's.

Cut,

Had a hardcore Jets fan over here for the draft this weekend, and he doesn't agree. Says Harris is a rare talent. (And doubts the Jets would even consider the trade.) I haven't been able to see him play much, but this guy's pretty savvy with regards to player evaluations (and not a homer when evaluating Jets' players)... and believes Harris is too talented to deal for someone with Marshall's risk.

Doggcow
09-06-2009, 10:14 PM
I want Kerry Rhodes damnit

DBroncos4life
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Cut,

Had a hardcore Jets fan over here for the draft this weekend, and he doesn't agree. Says Harris is a rare talent. (And doubts the Jets would even consider the trade.) I haven't been able to see him play much, but this guy's pretty savvy with regards to player evaluations (and not a homer when evaluating Jets' players)... and believes Harris is too talented to deal for someone with Marshall's risk.

I have read that alot on Jets boards but its not like we just have to get rid of Marshall. He is ours till we want to move him. There is no reason why we shouldn't get talent for him. IF they want a talented WR they will have to give up something.

Popps
09-06-2009, 10:36 PM
I have read that alot on Jets boards but its not like we just have to get rid of Marshall. He is ours till we want to move him. There is no reason why we shouldn't get talent for him. IF they want a talented WR they will have to give up something.

Oh, I agree... and I'd love to see that trade.

To me, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this... but a great offensive coach like McDaniels can find a way to replace a lot of Marshall's production. But, if Haris is a true, natural-born ILB, there's no replacing that. You can't teach it. DJ Williams is proof positive.

If we could get a top flight (real) ILB and a future pick for a guy who's a sneeze away from a major suspension and will be a constant distraction until we break the bank on him.... I'd do it in a heartbeat.

That's why I think the trade is too good to be true.

DBroncos4life
09-06-2009, 10:44 PM

To me, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this... but a great offensive coach like McDaniels can find a way to replace a lot of Marshall's production. But, if Haris is a true, natural-born ILB, there's no replacing that. You can't teach it. DJ Williams is proof positive.

If we could get a top flight (real) ILB and a future pick for a guy who's a sneeze away from a major suspension and will be a constant distraction until we break the bank on him.... I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Well you will get flamed because its well noted that you don't like DJ Williams even though pretty much every DC that we have has moved him around to keep him on the field. Williams isn't the better ILB but truth be told I think DJ Williams got F'd over so much in Denver that we stopped him from being one of the best OLB's in a 4-3 in some time.

Popps
09-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Well you will get flamed because its well noted that you don't like DJ Williams even though pretty much every DC that we have has moved him around to keep him on the field. Williams isn't the better ILB but truth be told I think DJ Williams got F'd over so much in Denver that we stopped him from being one of the best OLB's in a 4-3 in some time.

Saying "I don't like him" is inaccurate. Though, he has pissed me off on many occasion. His flat-out quitting in the SD game last year comes to mind. (Jogging during plays, getting punked to the ground by wide receivers, etc.)

Our DC's have had no choice. Williams was a high pick, makes a fortune and his competition for playing time has been nonexistent. The only time he did see competition was last year, at which time when he was out... the defense (LBs in particular) looked markedly better. Given, Larsen was also replacing Webster, which was part of it.

Williams isn't an ILB in any scheme. He's a natural WOLB and that's where he should be playing. But, we've got a new scheme and I certainly don't expect them to try him on the outside in a 3-4.

We've been over this a million times. He is what he is... a fast runner, a fairly strong guy, a decent tackler and those qualities alone make it hard to take him off of the field. Conversely, his instincts are marginal.... he can't take on blockers and he's certainly not remotely suited mentally or physically to play inside linebacker.

If we still ran a 4-3, I'd be fine with him on the outside... provided he had some help around him. He did fine when Al Wilson was patrolling the middle and we had a little talent up front. (Very little.) He's just not a natural ILB. He'll get by on pure athletic skill and keep himself from being a total liability, but he's never going to be an elite ILB.

DBroncos4life
09-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Saying "I don't like him" is inaccurate. Though, he has pissed me off on many occasion. His flat-out quitting in the SD game last year comes to mind. (Jogging during plays, getting punked to the ground by wide receivers, etc.)

Our DC's have had no choice. Williams was a high pick, makes a fortune and his competition for playing time has been nonexistent. The only time he did see competition was last year, at which time when he was out... the defense (LBs in particular) looked markedly better. Given, Larsen was also replacing Webster, which was part of it.

Williams isn't an ILB in any scheme. He's a natural WOLB and that's where he should be playing. But, we've got a new scheme and I certainly don't expect them to try him on the outside in a 3-4.

We've been over this a million times. He is what he is... a fast runner, a fairly strong guy, a decent tackler and those qualities alone make it hard to take him off of the field. Conversely, his instincts are marginal.... he can't take on blockers and he's certainly not remotely suited mentally or physically to play inside linebacker.

If we still ran a 4-3, I'd be fine with him on the outside... provided he had some help around him. He did fine when Al Wilson was patrolling the middle and we had a little talent up front. (Very little.) He's just not a natural ILB. He'll get by on pure athletic skill and keep himself from being a total liability, but he's never going to be an elite ILB.

The only player from that last years SD game that played with heart isn't on a NFL roster. Mike Nolan has seen his fair share of good 3-4 MLBs and yet again DJ Williams remains. This front office as gotten rid of Cutler, all but gotten rid of Marshall, tossed out every starter from last year but D but Bailey and DJ Williams. They have nothing invested but yet he remains.

Popps
09-06-2009, 11:43 PM
The only player from that last years SD game that played with heart isn't on a NFL roster. Mike Nolan has seen his fair share of good 3-4 MLBs and yet again DJ Williams remains. This front office as gotten rid of Cutler, all but gotten rid of Marshall, tossed out every starter from last year but D but Bailey and DJ Williams. They have nothing invested but yet he remains.

Cutler quit. Let's not rehash that. Marshall tried the same routine, and it hasn't worked. Don't re-write history.

Of course they have something invested in DJ... a giant salary. Beyond that, as I said... you have to have a replacement, and this Harris rumor might just be part of that.... or not.

I don't expect him to go anywhere, though... because he's too athletic. He makes enough plays to keep himself working. Problem is, you just have to rewind and watch this guy through the course of a whole game at ILB. He's got no idea where he's going half of the time. He's just got the quickness to recover and make plays when he's in space.

DJ is just one of those players that 2 people can look at and see very different things. He's a team captain with a big salary and probably has the respect of his teammates. He's not a guy that's easy to just slap on the bench. But, there has been a contingent on this board pointing out the flaws in his game for a long time. Just because he remains employed doesn't mean he's not without flaw... or out of position.

Broncochica
09-06-2009, 11:43 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of old ladies gossiping over a cup of coffee. Try this, get a life and quit living life thru a message board.

PS: This is CBF1 posting

Popps
09-06-2009, 11:45 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of old ladies gossiping over a cup of coffee. Try this, get a life and quit living life thru a message board.

Ummm.... huh?

So, you're upset because people are debating football on a football board?

But, you're cool because you apparently spend your highly-valued time on a football message board..... complaining about people discussing football?

And WE need to get a life?

Got it.

Thanks for clearing all of that up.

baja
09-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Way to miss the point of ESPN getting back to highlights schmuck.

All is well the real Alec is back...

DBroncos4life
09-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Cutler quit. Let's not rehash that. Marshall tried the same routine, and it hasn't worked. Don't re-write history.

Of course they have something invested in DJ... a giant salary. Beyond that, as I said... you have to have a replacement, and this Harris rumor might just be part of that.... or not.

I don't expect him to go anywhere, though... because he's too athletic. He makes enough plays to keep himself working. Problem is, you just have to rewind and watch this guy through the course of a whole game at ILB. He's got no idea where he's going half of the time. He's just got the quickness to recover and make plays when he's in space.

DJ is just one of those players that 2 people can look at and see very different things. He's a team captain with a big salary and probably has the respect of his teammates. He's not a guy that's easy to just slap on the bench. But, there has been a contingent on this board pointing out the flaws in his game for a long time. Just because he remains employed doesn't mean he's not without flaw... or out of position.

Jay quit? Marshall quit? Sorry not the person I was talking about. Money isn't the issue that is keeping DJ Williams in the starting line up. These coaches have NOTHING invested in DJ and had every reason and chance in the world to bring in players to fit their respected system. DJ remains because multiple DCs with loads of success keep him there. Champ Bailey is the only player that has survived every DC in the last few years and he is one of the best DBs ever in the game. DJ is much more talented then you guys want to give him credit for.

baja
09-06-2009, 11:57 PM

Marshall is going to play lights out this season and sign a big extension with the Broncos and become the best receiver in football You heard it here first. Baja knows ;D

Popps
09-07-2009, 12:02 AM
every DC in the last few years and he is one of the best DBs ever in the game. DJ is much more talented then you guys want to give him credit for.

He survived 3 DCs...

1. Drafted him
2. Lasted what... a year?
3. Couldn't find his ass with both hands...
4. Has no one better to replace him.

Again, we'll never see eye to eye on this.

I agree, he'll stay on the field because he's not the biggest problem we have and he's clearly athletic. "Talented?" In some ways.

He's also a liability in the middle a good portion of the time he's out there. If he's got a clear line to the ball and guesses right, he looks like an all-pro. The other half of the time, he's a liability.

He's simply out of position and he'll stay there until we find someone better.
YES, he's got some talent. NO, he's not a high quality middle linebacker.

DBroncos4life
09-07-2009, 12:09 AM
He survived 3 DCs...

1. Drafted him
2. Lasted what... a year?
3. Couldn't find his ass with both hands...
4. Has no one better to replace him.

Again, we'll never see eye to eye on this.

I agree, he'll stay on the field because he's not the biggest problem we have and he's clearly athletic. "Talented?" In some ways.

He's also a liability in the middle a good portion of the time he's out there. If he's got a clear line to the ball and guesses right, he looks like an all-pro. The other half of the time, he's a liability.

He's simply out of position and he'll stay there until we find someone better.
YES, he's got some talent. NO, he's not a high quality middle linebacker.

If he is that bad then he wouldn't be on this team. Coyer, Bates, Nolan are damn good coaches yet in their opinions he stays on the field. We had chances to replace him in the draft or FA this year. We ended up with Davis who is on his last leg as a starter. He is a good player but he isn't the answer. Lewis who could be the best 3-4 MLB of all-time was a FA for how long this offseason? Scott another good MLB in the 3-4 was out there. Both players that Nolan should know. I'm pretty sure we hired Nolan with the understanding that we would run a 3-4 and I'm sure he has seen DJ enough to know that he is a player.

ZONA
09-07-2009, 12:30 AM

Nah, no way is that a good deal. Yeah I know Marshall is a sneeze away from a long suspension but he's also one maturing life event from becoming one of the top 5 WR's in the league (if he could just get his head into it). David Harris is a fine LB but he's not exactly a stalwart yet. Besides, I'd rather wait to see how this group of LB's we have do this year in the new system. I'm actually one who thinks we should just hold onto Marshall for now. No trades.

Popps
09-07-2009, 12:42 AM
If he is that bad then he wouldn't be on this team.

Again, I didn't say he was "that" bad. I said he's got real problems on the inside. He's out of position. Nolan may very well look to replace him at some point. But, he's just been extended, and until you've got a better option, he's athletic enough to force coaches to keep him somewhere in the lineup.

You can like him all you want... but the guy isn't a natural middle linebacker.
His best role is in a 4-3, on the outside... where he doesn't have to think too much.

Again, surviving a few coaches doesn't make him flawless. Dude has flaws in his game, particularly when he's playing out of position, which he is. He's simply not the biggest problem on defense, so he wasn't messed with.

baja
09-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Nah, no way is that a good deal. Yeah I know Marshall is a sneeze away from a long suspension but he's also one maturing life event from becoming one of the top 5 WR's in the league (if he could just get his head into it). David Harris is a fine LB but he's not exactly a stalwart yet. Besides, I'd rather wait to see how this group of LB's we have do this year in the new system. <B>I'm actually one who thinks we should just hold onto Marshall for now. No trades.

Agree

Popps
09-07-2009, 12:50 AM
The move gives the Jets four quarterbacks, and if you believe GM Mike Tennenbaum they plan to keep all four of them.
"We had a lot of interest in Kevin (O’Connell) when he was coming out in the draft last year," general manager Mike Tannenbaum said. "He's smart and athletic, and we feel good about adding him to our team. We will move forward with four quarterbacks on our roster."
There’s been plenty of speculation why the Jets made this move.
Some feel they did it to get a former Patriots player on their roster in preparation for their week two matchup. While this might have played a small role, it can’t be the primary reason why they traded away a draft pick.
Some feel they made the move to get another chip to use in their pursuit of Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall. Josh McDaniels knows O’Connell, and might be interested in dealing for the quarterback. But O’Connell wouldn’t be enough to get Marshall, and I’m not sure the Broncos are all that interested in dealing their best play-maker anyway.

WABronco
09-07-2009, 01:00 AM
http://www.jamiedukes.com/multimedia/images/JamieDukes-2_before.jpg
Jamie Dukes is hanging on this "bombshell"

DBroncos4life
09-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Again, I didn't say he was "that" bad. I said he's got real problems on the inside. He's out of position. Nolan may very well look to replace him at some point. But, he's just been extended, and until you've got a better option, he's athletic enough to force coaches to keep him somewhere in the lineup.

You can like him all you want... but the guy isn't a natural middle linebacker.
His best role is in a 4-3, on the outside... where he doesn't have to think too much.

Again, surviving a few coaches doesn't make him flawless. Dude has flaws in his game, particularly when he's playing out of position, which he is. He's simply not the biggest problem on defense, so he wasn't messed with.

I don't know if you will ever find a better year when Ray Lewis and Bart Scott are both FA's.

Caveat Lector
09-07-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't know if you will ever find a better year when Ray Lewis and Bart Scott are both FA's.

We weren't going to pay top dollar to land one big fish. Crowder was on the market as well, even he was too expensive. McDaniels said he was only going to go value for money, and that's what Davis is. Steady vet, who came relatively cheaply to hold the position for 1-2 years until we draft a replacement. It's the Patriot way....

DBroncos4life
09-07-2009, 02:52 AM
We weren't going to pay top dollar to land one big fish. Crowder was on the market as well, even he was too expensive. McDaniels said he was only going to go value for money, and that's what Davis is. Steady vet, who came relatively cheaply to hold the position for 1-2 years until we draft a replacement. It's the Patriot way....

I don't think many teams had more cap room then us so why wouldn't we pay good players other then the fact you don't believe that Denver wanted to field a good team.

Caveat Lector
09-07-2009, 02:59 AM
I don't think many teams had more cap room then us so why wouldn't we pay good players other then the fact you don't believe that Denver wanted to field a good team.

I basically explained my viewpoint in the previous post. Blowing your load on one big free agent (ie Lewis or Scott) doesn't constitute good use of your money. I think their prerogative - which I tend to agree with - is spread your money around improving numerous positions making the team better across the board. Whether you think that makes the team better is up for opinion, make of it what you will...

Broncos_OTM
09-07-2009, 03:38 AM

nice to see you too. glad to see you come out of the closet...going tranny on us...so what is your prefered shade of lipstick..

UberBroncoMan
09-07-2009, 04:05 AM
http://www.jamiedukes.com/multimedia/images/JamieDukes-2_before.jpg
Jamie Dukes is hanging on this "bombshell"

I'm sorry but even though I agree and call LaMont Jordan a fat Ewok.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8598/jamiedukesewok.jpg

He makes me feel the same way.

broncogary
09-07-2009, 05:50 AM

Not to mention that we just re-signed DJ to a new contract last year, so if we moved him to another team, we would take that cap hit, too.

BroncoDoug
09-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't think Rhodes was talking about a Marshall trade...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/kerry-rhodes-keeps-dropping-hints-of-a-brandon-marshall-trade/

Popps
09-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Not to mention that we just re-signed DJ to a new contract last year, so if we moved him to another team, we would take that cap hit, too.

I've mentioned that a few times, as well.

We had too many holes to blow our financial wad on one player last year. Come next off-season, we may see a marquee signing or two, now that we've got some stability on defense. (It appears.)