PDA

View Full Version : Official CU vs. CSU game thread

Pages : 1 [2]

bombay
09-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow. A 20+ yard completion for cody hawkins.

Rohirrim
09-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Where's all that great playcalling I used to see at Boise St.?

bombay
09-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Little **** has taken the clock below 2 seconds on every play. Burns the game clock, too.

Bronco Boy
09-06-2009, 07:15 PM
So when does the Big 12 trade CU to the WAC for BSU?

bombay
09-06-2009, 07:16 PM
When does the little 11 go where they belong, to 1AA?

BroncoBuff
game over

mizzoutigers
Kubiak must be proud, 2 kids on the CSU team and his 3rd son a receiver for Rice

Rohirrim
Cody is pathetic. The only guy in all of football who doesn't see that is his dad.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Just embarassing.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Cody is pathetic. The only guy in all of football who doesn't see that is his dad.

It's not about physical talent, it's about who practices hard and studies the most. It's the same reason that Sumler sees the field over Scott and Stewart. Hawkins has always been the underdog, and he rewards those guys on the team.

He sucks, he's had 4 years and this team hasn't done anything since they beat OU in '07. It's time to move on if he can't get this team to a measley 6 wins this year.

Mogulseeker
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
CU is playing dumb football.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Let me tell you something Scotty, you ain't makin it to the show.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Let me tell you something Scotty, you ain't makin it to the show.

His bff in Mark Sanchez, he'll survive.

bombay
Please make dan hawkins and his little boy go awat,

Mogulseeker
How come offenses always seem to play better late in the 4th?

mizzoutigers
09-06-2009, 07:24 PM
how come women look better after drinking all night

Rohirrim
09-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I haven't seen a CU team this bad since the 80s.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I haven't seen a CU team this bad since the 80s.

Hawk, Year 1

bombay
09-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the TO, CSU. Little cody would have used the full 30 seconds.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
It's not about physical talent, it's about who practices hard and studies the most. It's the same reason that Sumler sees the field over Scott and Stewart. Hawkins has always been the underdog, and he rewards those guys on the team.

He sucks, he's had 4 years and this team hasn't done anything since they beat OU in '07. It's time to move on if he can't get this team to a measley 6 wins this year.

Well, to be fair, Scott is a true sophmore, and so is Stewart who came in under much less fan fair. It's only fair to give them time.

But you're spot on when you talk of the coaching. When you can make an argument that the coach's son was a better player when he was a FRESHMAN than he is as a junior, that is a serious issue.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the TO, CSU. Little cody would have used the full 30 seconds.

If you weren't a moron, you'd know why that's a smart play. Granted I'm one too, and only both Hawkins know why it's a smart play from a heady QB.

Mogulseeker
09-06-2009, 07:29 PM
The onside kick is everything.

BroncoDoug
09-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I think CSU has this one...

Mogulseeker
09-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Congrats, CSU

bombay
Not a Colorado within five yards of that ball.

BroncoDoug
yeah that didnt help

Mogulseeker
CSU just has to knee it.

scorpio
09-06-2009, 07:32 PM
That'll do, pig

Rohirrim
09-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Well, that's that. Thanks a lot Hawkins. Get out of town.

Mogulseeker
09-06-2009, 07:33 PM
I still can't believe that bull**** call. That proved to be a game-changer.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 07:33 PM
The sad thing is they had their chances, even after falling behind 17-0.

scorpio
09-06-2009, 07:34 PM

If I have to hear "DUR DUR HELMET TO HELMET" every time people talk about this game I'm going to suicide.

Mogulseeker
09-06-2009, 07:35 PM
If I have to hear "DUR DUR HELMET TO HELMET" every time people talk about this game I'm going to suicide.

You wont from me. I was just stating a fact. Its true. It was a game-hanger.

Hercules Rockefeller

They suck. They were outcoached and manhandled in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They didn't want it as bad as the other team. There's about a dozen reasons why they lost before you get to that missed call.

Cosmo

Who cares. Sweet Sweet CU tears taste good regardless.

Mogulseeker
09-06-2009, 07:36 PM
They suck. They were outcoached and manhandled in the trenches on both sides of the ball. They didn't want it as bad as the other team. There's about a dozen reasons why they lost before you get to that missed call.

That doesn't mean it wasn't a game-changer.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 07:37 PM

Ummmm, I will probably talk about what I just saw; CSU douches being allowed to rush the field and dance at midfield.

Got to be the low point of the last 25 years for the ON FIELD program, right? Of course, I never saw Montana State.

bombay
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
That doesn't mean it wasn't a game-changer.

Got to agree with that. Regardless of how badly Colorado coaches had prepared this team for the game, that blown call at that point in the game was a killer. They would have been 1st and ten at about the csu 25 with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, down 20-10 with all the momentum.

I think I hate the hawkinses at this moment anyway.

scorpio
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Ummmm, I will probably talk about what I just saw; CSU douches being allowed to rush the field and dance at midfield.

Got to be the low point of the last 25 years for the ON FIELD program, right? Of course, I never saw Montana State.

oh please

Rock Chalk
09-06-2009, 07:44 PM

Whatever dude.

Im pissed cuz I lost 100 bucks but this is petty **** here. This is an in-state rivalry game and this **** happens in every in-state rivalry game in the country when the underdog upsets the favorite.

Obushma
09-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice win for the Mountain West, although, it was against a big-12 north team.

A good weekend overall for the MWC against the big-12.

Tombstone RJ
09-06-2009, 07:48 PM
CSU, maybe Fairchild is for real.

Rock Chalk
nice win for the mountain west, although, it was against a big-12 north team.

a good weekend overall for the mwc against the big-12.

4321~

bombay
The Mountain West is better than the ACC, the Big East, and possibly the little 11.

scorpio
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Wonder if CU will beat Wyoming

Tombstone RJ
09-06-2009, 07:51 PM
If CSU can roll this win into a big season, with the strength of the MWC, that would be huge.

bombay
09-06-2009, 07:53 PM
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Scott had 1 rush from scrimmage. Rodney had six, although he averaged almost 7 yards per carry. Two yard summler had 8.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Scott's carry was the first offensive play CU ran too. It's a ****ing joke how he's used (not used).

24champ
09-06-2009, 07:57 PM
The Mountain West is better than the ACC, the Big East, and possibly the little 11.

Big Least should be kicked out of the BCS all together and put the MWC in.

Funny thing is the Big 12 hasn't played the Utes and TCU...they think BYU's D and CSU's D is tough?:rofl:

MWC is all about defense.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Scott's carry was the first offensive play CU ran too. It's a ****ing joke how he's used (not used).

It's a joke. Dude had all the talent in the world coming out of HS. His uncle/cousin or whatever he is has already transferred. If this year ends up badly for him, he would probably be smart to take the year off and do the same.

bombay
09-06-2009, 08:08 PM
How the hell can hawkins give Darryl Scott one carry from scrimmage, but have him return kicks all game? he's not a kick returner type runner. Really despise the hawkins clan at this moment. Two yard summler got 8 carries.

Lev Vyvanse
Well, that's that. Thanks a lot Hawkins. Get out of town.

This has to happen.

scorpio
Dan Hawkins has all the answers. What a great press conference.

Orange4Life
09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Nice job CSU! Another solid win for the Mtn West. Its been a great weekend for conference.

AlphaOmega
09-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Wonder if CU will beat Wyoming

We have to be concered with Toledo and the short week!

NFLBRONCO
09-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Where's all that great playcalling I used to see at Boise St.?

He has Kyle Orton oops I mean Cody super noodle Hawkins playing. I have to agree though it seems imagination is gone.

BYE BYE Scott

theAPAOps5
09-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Hawkins just showed why he may just have to go. He lands the #1 maybe #2 RB recruit in the nation last year. What does he do, hands off to him once and has him return kicks.

Meanwhile he makes the wrong choice once again at QB. He stays with his son who is clearly not Big 12 caliber. The guy overthrew his WR's, he hung his WR out to dry by throwing up and behind so they got lit up. He held onto the ball too long in key situation and took a sack.

Hawkins biggest mistake was recruiting his son. He is handicapping the team because he is staying with Cody. Its sad because he is killing a good thing by having tunnel vision on his son.

scorpio
09-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Hawkins just showed why he may just have to go. He lands the #1 maybe #2 RB recruit in the nation last year. What does he do, hands off to him once and has him return kicks.

Meanwhile he makes the wrong choice once again at QB. He stays with his son who is clearly not Big 12 caliber. The guy overthrew his WR's, he hung his WR out to dry by throwing up and behind so they got lit up. He held onto the ball too long in key situation and took a sack.

Hawkins biggest mistake was recruiting his son. He is handicapping the team because he is staying with Cody. Its sad because he is killing a good thing by having tunnel vision on his son.

Frankly even if Cody is the better QB I don't see how he's doing himself any favors by having his kid on the team

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 08:26 PM
How the hell can hawkins give Darryl Scott one carry from scrimmage, but have him return kicks all game? he's not a kick returner type runner. Really despise the hawkins clan at this moment. Two yard summler got 8 carries.

It's almost as funny as these people thinking the Mountain WAC conference has relevance. They had a team go undefeated last year and still they are not considered for a national title. It's laughable.

Big Least should be kicked out of the BCS all together and put the MWC in.

Funny thing is the Big 12 hasn't played the Utes and TCU...they think BYU's D and CSU's D is tough?:rofl:

MWC is all about defense.

You're missing the point. Losing to a program like that is exactly why it's embarassing and such an indictment on the CU program in general.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Frankly even if Cody is the better QB I don't see how he's doing himself any favors by having his kid on the team

After Barnett left, CU was so devoid at QB that they were happy to get him. Of course, the devoid part apparently hasn't changed.

scorpio
09-06-2009, 08:32 PM
It's almost as funny as these people thinking the Mountain WAC conference has relevance. They had a team go undefeated last year and still they are not considered for a national title. It's laughable.

You're missing the point. Losing to a program like that is exactly why it's embarassing and such an indictment on the CU program in general.

You are hands-down the most ridiculous CU apologist on this board. Every year it's "Well we suck, but the people that beat us SUCK MORE! NO REALLY THEY DO!"

:rofl:

theAPAOps5
09-06-2009, 08:36 PM

He should have never recruited his son to play here. First, he isn't Big 12 caliber. Second, he can't impartially judge the position when his son is in the mix. Third, its very hard to recruit stud QB recruits to a team who has a coach with his son as starting QB.

Sadly Hawkins has staked his future on a inferior product. His son has no business starting. Yeah he got away from the pass rush only to force horrid passes and damn near throw 4 or 5 INT's. How is that the better option. Dan Hawkins is killing CU right now and it sucks.

bombay
09-06-2009, 08:38 PM
The sec certainly wants no part of the Mountain West.

alabama, anyway. Two TDs worse than Utah.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 08:41 PM
You are hands-down the most ridiculous CU apologist on this board. Every year it's "Well we suck, but the people that beat us SUCK MORE! NO REALLY THEY DO!"

:rofl:

Scorpio, that doesn't make any sense. CSU was obviously the better team tonight. I never said they weren't.

footstepsfrom#27
09-06-2009, 08:47 PM
I didn't watch this but judging from this page of comments...let me guess...CU blew chunks again?

I miss the days of Bill McCartney.

24champ
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/esjones05/Tulowitzki.jpg

NFLBRONCO
09-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I didn't watch this but judging from this page of comments...let me guess...CU blew chunks again?

I miss the days of Bill McCartney.

Fairbanks era all over again.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-06-2009, 08:53 PM

He was an Elite XI QB as a senior in HS, and was actually middle of the pack at the camp. Guys like Stafford, Mustain, Freeman, Bradford, Tebow, and Locker were in his HS class.

The problem is that all his advantages (hard worker, leadership, etc.) can be developed over time in college, all the physical advantages the other guys had are things he'll never have.

It wasn't a bad move to recruit him at the time, but it's a terrible move to continue with him as QB right now. He's reached his development peak, and it's not high enough to get the job done.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-06-2009, 08:53 PM
and Hawk did say Cody would start on Friday @ Toledo.

BroncoBuff
09-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I agree, time's up for the Hawk, it'd take a miracle for him to salvage the season now, especially with Cody and Sumler.

When the O-line proved itself a sieve in the first half, they should've come out with Hansen in the second, running all over the field.

Man-Goblin
09-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I agree, time's up for the Hawk, it'd take a miracle for him to salvage the season now, especially with Cody and Sumler.

When the O-line proved itself a sieve in the first half, they should've come out with Hansen in the second, running all over the field.

He deserves his 4th year, but you're right, it doesn't look good. ACK! I'm going to the WV game in a few weeks. I hope they can fix some things.

I'm not sure what Hawk's contract status is; at supposedly financially strapped CU it could come into play whether he gets a 5th year. But hell, who could you bring in at this point? Maybe they should just give him that 5th year and hope for the best.

titan
09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Steve Fairchild is the best football coach in the state (pro or college)

DBroncos4life
09-06-2009, 09:56 PM
He deserves his 4th year, but you're right, it doesn't look good. ACK! I'm going to the WV game in a few weeks. I hope they can fix some things.

I'm not sure what Hawk's contract status is; at supposedly financially strapped CU it could come into play whether he gets a 5th year. But hell, who could you bring in at this point? Maybe they should just give him that 5th year and hope for the best.

Fire him. I think the same thing about Callahan but I know we are way better off without him. Hawk like Callahan is a good coach but he isn't getting it done for you guys, CU can do better.

SouthStndJunkie
09-06-2009, 10:16 PM
We have to be concered with Toledo and the short week!

My Rockets will be pumped up and ready to play in the Glass Bowl.

I have tickets for the game.

SouthStndJunkie
09-06-2009, 10:17 PM
I expected a better effort from CU.

Darrell Scott has to be thinking that he did not sign on to get 1 carry and play behind a ****ty offensive line like that.

wolf754life
09-06-2009, 10:18 PM
buff fans are scum.

SouthStndJunkie
09-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Toledo's defense looks pretty porous this year.

spdirty
09-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Congrats to CSU. They outcoached, outplayed, and flat ass wanted it more.

Worse than Cody was that "one of the best in the Big 12" offensive line. Cody didnt have more than 2 seconds when he was in the pocket, I dont understand wh in the hell they didnt run Scott, the 4th and 1 off tackle play to Sumler was pathetic. God why did I get tickets this year?

Oh, and the kids acted like complete idiots. A few times I saw em try to pick fights with the CSU kids, and some drunk girl walked in the bathroom on me while I was trying to take a plss. What a plss poor shltty ass day. But like titan said, Fairchild looks like the best coach in the state, or its at least between him and Coughlin.

spdirty
09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I really want to try to defend Hawkins but I cant. Kinda wish we could just trade him for Fairchild. While we're at it send McDaniels to Nebraska.

DBroncos4life
09-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I really want to try to defend Hawkins but I cant. Kinda wish we could just trade him for Fairchild. While we're at it send McDaniels to Nebraska.

**** you I won't let that happen Hilarious!

Breaker
09-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Nothing like watching thousands of gold clad idiots shut their mouths in person. Yea RAMMIES!!!

Breaker
09-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Jesus, Stucker has ALL DAY to throw.

CSU actually has one the better offensive lines in the nation ... most people dont realize that

ghwk
09-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Bragging rights for a year!

spdirty
09-06-2009, 11:51 PM
**** you I won't let that happen Hilarious!

LOL just think of the fun that would be. He could inherit a 5 star blue chip top of the line quarterback, piss him off till he transfers, then start the best gosh darn flute player on the campus. And he could wear a really cool Nebraska hoodie!

DBroncos4life
09-07-2009, 12:19 AM
LOL just think of the fun that would be. He could inherit a 5 star blue chip top of the line quarterback, piss him off till he transfers, then start the best gosh darn flute player on the campus. And he could wear a really cool Nebraska hoodie!
I know people with hog farms......just saying... ROFL!

24champ
09-07-2009, 12:51 AM

Speaking of Hawkins potential replacements...and I'm not joking here, but it came up tonight from a Buff fan friend. He said there is an interesting name out there if Hawkins gets canned. The only real question is does this coach want to coach in College Football?

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2008/12/mike_shanahan_fired.jpg

He already has his Castle here, and does business here as well.

Mogulseeker
09-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Speaking of Hawkins potential replacements...and I'm not joking here, but it came up tonight from a Buff fan friend. He said there is an interesting name out there if Hawkins gets canned. The only real question is does this coach want to coach in College Football?

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2008/12/mike_shanahan_fired.jpg

He already has his Castle here, and does business here as well.

OMG, that would be so awesome.

I was just thinking about the type of recruits he would bring it.

But would CU pay Shanahan the type of money a name like that would command?

SoCalBronco
09-07-2009, 01:14 AM
OMG, that would be so awesome.

I was just thinking about the type of recruits he would bring it.

But would CU pay Shanahan the type of money a name like that would command?

He could agree to a salary of 1 dollar and Bowlen could pick up the other $ 6,999,999.00 for the next two years.

;D

Dagmar
09-07-2009, 01:28 AM
That sucked.

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2009, 06:45 AM
I like the Rocky Mountain Showdown being played at Boulder or Fort Collins.

College football is all about the college atmosphere and that includes college campuses and stadiums.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-07-2009, 06:51 AM

College football is all about the college atmosphere and that includes college campuses and stadiums.

Agreed, but it only works if the "big boys" are man enough to play in Ft. Collins every other year. They're not. Not sure why they're afraid to go up north, but they sure are.

Pussies.

Irish Stout
09-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Agreed, but it only works if the "big boys" are man enough to play in Ft. Collins every other year. They're not. Not sure why they're afraid to go up north, but they sure are.

Pussies.

On a reverse note, they'll never (or at least no until 2020) be able to claim they took a win from us on our home turf. Which we can now say that Boulder is our biatch.

Rock Chalk
09-07-2009, 08:57 AM
By the time KU comes to town I wonder how much blue will be in Folsom as opposed to Gold?

Its gonna be awesome when Folsom field hears the deafening roar of the Rock Chalk chant :)

spdirty
09-07-2009, 11:18 AM

Last year I went to Invesco and this year Folsom. This game NEEDS to be at Invesco. To have 70,000 fans split 50/50 is freakin awesome. Crazy thing was I always sit on the East side at Invesco, and got tickets to the East side, almost exactly where I normally sit at Bronco games. Felt like I was a visitor, with all the CSU fans razzing me. It was a lot of fun. Felt like the game really meant something.

Last night had the feel of just another (frustrating) home game against another team.

You cant watch this game from Invesco then from the campus and tell me campus is better. It isnt.

spdirty
09-07-2009, 11:29 AM

Pussies.

Money. Isnt about not wanting to go an extra 45 miles cuz your afraid of the big bad Hughes stadium, its about CSU cant guaruntee CU a game check that CU would get from going to West Virginia, Florida State, Georgia.

God, just think how silly that sounds. CU, who in the past 5 years has scheduled nonconference away games such as Florida State, Miami, Georgia, and has nonconference away games such as Cal, Oregan and Hawaii (so far), but they are too afraid to go 45 miles cuz theyre afraid of the rough 35,000 strong crowd at Hughes stadium. Right.::)

Kid A
09-07-2009, 01:34 PM
By the time KU comes to town I wonder how much blue will be in Folsom as opposed to Gold?

Its gonna be awesome when Folsom field hears the deafening roar of the Rock Chalk chant :)

Problem for Nebraska fans is that CU always sells that game out seeing as it (after CSU) seems to be the only game 70% of their fans give a **** about.

AlphaOmega
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM

I don't think there will be much blue in the stands, Kansas fans don't travel well for football!

That Rock Chalk chant makes me nauseous, kinda like this years CU football team! :tearhair: :pity:

TheChamp24
09-07-2009, 06:22 PM

Some games are better played with the diverse fan base, ie it split 50-50.
For instance, the OU-Texas game played at the Cotton Bowl with it split 50-50. Nothing like seeing half the stadium in Orange and half the stadium in Red with everybody going wild.

TotallyScrewed
09-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Money. Isnt about not wanting to go an extra 45 miles cuz your afraid of the big bad Hughes stadium, its about CSU cant guaruntee CU a game check that CU would get from going to West Virginia, Florida State, Georgia.

God, just think how silly that sounds. CU, who in the past 5 years has scheduled nonconference away games such as Florida State, Miami, Georgia, and has nonconference away games such as Cal, Oregan and Hawaii (so far), but they are too afraid to go 45 miles cuz theyre afraid of the rough 35,000 strong crowd at Hughes stadium. Right.::)

Speaks volumes about the status of both programs...no national TV coverage = no money...period. I can't help but laugh at CU fans who long for their team to be an orange bowl team, beat their chests, rant, sing their school song and yet revel in a victory over in their own estimation, lowly CSU.

The aggressor must throughly dominate. The weak and unsuspecting, need only survive.

OOPS... only silence from CU...(AGIAN, DAMN IT!&@#&^@&@!) Hahahaha

Oh well, NEXT YEAR!! AhhhHaaa!

Way to go Calvin...er CU, Suzie ummm...CSU made you look stupid again. Hit with your own snowball in front of your own house. Oh the injustice!

spdirty
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Speaks volumes about the status of both programs...no national TV coverage = no money...period. I can't help but laugh at CU fans who long for their team to be an orange bowl team, beat their chests, rant, sing their school song and yet revel in a victory over in their own estimation, lowly CSU.

The aggressor must throughly dominate. The weak and unsuspecting, need only survive.

OOPS... only silence from CU...(AGIAN, DAMN IT!&@#&^@&@!) Hahahaha

Oh well, NEXT YEAR!! AhhhHaaa!

Way to go Calvin...er CU, Suzie ummm...CSU made you look stupid again. Hit with your own snowball in front of your own house. Oh the injustice!

I want my 15 seconds back...and another 45 seconds rereading this post trying to figure out what the hell you were trying to say. What the hell are you, a CSU grad?

bombay
09-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Jackass hawkins in the Post this morning said that Darryl Scott only got one carry from scrimmage because he was 'nicked up'. Still he was healthy enough to return kicks? Not buying it, hawkins.

BroncoBuff
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Jackass hawkins in the Post this morning said that Darryl Scott only got one carry from scrimmage because he was 'nicked up'. Still he was healthy enough to return kicks? Not buying it, hawkins.

Me neither.

Sumler sucks.

bombay
09-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Me neither.

Sumler sucks.

Yeah. Two-yard Summler.

Dagmar
09-08-2009, 10:49 AM
At least we have just a couple of days to make it a bit better.