PDA

View Full Version : HOP ON! The Jake Locker ban wagon!

FantomForce
09-05-2009, 09:52 PM
After watching this game I'm a total fan! Steal of next years draft! Here's a couple links he runs a 4.45 40! Has a rifle of an arm. http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/locker_jake01.html

http://jakelocker.com/blog/

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Wtf happened to the posts?

No. Locker sucks and will be terrible at QB in the NFL.

BroncoBuff
09-05-2009, 10:07 PM
He looks damn good, but LSU is starting to pull away.

OBF1
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Damn strong arm and speed does not make an NFL QB

kamakazi_kal
09-05-2009, 10:09 PM
well, will he still be there when we pick in the late 20's?

Doggcow
09-05-2009, 10:18 PM
well, will he still be there when we pick in the late 20's?

Someone better will be, I guarantee it.

FantomForce
09-05-2009, 10:24 PM
steal of next years draft

WABronco
09-05-2009, 10:31 PM

^IIRC WSU fan.

Anyways, ya he's basically a raw, right handed Tim Tebow. He's got two years under Sark maybe he'll become more than an athlete.

Broncobiv
09-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Ban wagon? When did this Jake Locker guy join the Mane?

Bob's your Information Minister
09-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Admit it, you thought of Plummer.

elsid13
09-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Admit it, you thought of Plummer.

Not even close to Plummer or Tebow. I see Mark Brunell when Locker plays. He should staff other year under new Coach, but it amazing what good coaching staff can do for a player. BTW Bates had his offense rolling to at USC

Dr. Broncenstein
09-06-2009, 07:09 AM
There is a ton of QB talent next year. Just off the top of my head: Bradford, McCoy, Snead, Locker, Robinson, Tebow, Clausen, Hall...

elsid13
09-06-2009, 07:45 AM
There is a ton of QB talent next year. Just off the top of my head: Bradford, McCoy, Snead, Locker, Robinson, Tebow, Clausen, Hall...

You forget both LeFavoer and Hiller.

Rock Chalk
09-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Tebow is not QB talent.

H-Back or TE talent maybe.

NFL QB Talent no.

elsid13
09-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Tebow is not QB talent.

NFL QB Talent no.

I agree you with this, but I also think both McCoy and Bradford are slightly overrated and aren't sure fire starting NFL QB either.

Dudeskey
09-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Tebow is not QB talent.

NFL QB Talent no.

agreed.. LOL @ those that think Tebow's going to be worth a **** as an NFL QB.

smalltowngrll
09-06-2009, 04:12 PM
The guy has been banged up and spent most of the last two seasons on the sidelines injured. If injury prone is what you want, then yeah, he's a steal!

OCBronco
09-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Uh, no. Locker is a very talented college QB. He'll be below average in the pros.

And don't get me started on Tebow. Why anyone thinks he'll be a great pro QB is beyond me. He has the slowest release I've ever seen. At best, someone will pick him up to run some Wildcat.

Broncobiv
09-06-2009, 09:34 PM
O.K., I'm just looking for some general explanations here...

First off, I don't really watch college football. If it's on, I'll watch it, but I don't follow it closely at all. So what are the main differences between successful college QB's and successful pro QB's?

I mean, Chris Leak won a national championship with Florida, but he went as a UDFA. Now you guys are saying the same thing about Tebow (from the same school, coincidentally). Why can't these guys make it as pros?

Bob's your Information Minister
09-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Not even close to Plummer or Tebow. I see Mark Brunell when Locker plays. He should staff other year under new Coach, but it amazing what good coaching staff can do for a player. BTW Bates had his offense rolling to at USC

I was just speaking to his first name and the reaction to seeing it on this board.

WABronco
09-06-2009, 10:34 PM

First off, I don't really watch college football. If it's on, I'll watch it, but I don't follow it closely at all. So what are the main differences between successful college QB's and successful pro QB's?

I mean, Chris Leak won a national championship with Florida, but he went as a UDFA. Now you guys are saying the same thing about Tebow (from the same school, coincidentally). Why can't these guys make it as pros?

In my opinion, a lot of successful college QB's can get by without the physical traits (height and arm strength) it takes to be a good professional. They get by with either a lot of talent around them, amazing athletic ability, poor competition, a good system (spread offense, for example), etc.

Problem with Chris Leak was his lack of height. Tebow isn't a polished passer and doesn't have a great arm.

Doggcow
09-07-2009, 12:18 AM
He's also managed to go over a year without a W guys!

smalltowngrll
09-07-2009, 01:57 PM
He's also managed to go over a year without a W guys!

He didn't play most of last season due to injury. The team didn't win in over a year, but it wasn't because he was playing.

Doggcow
09-07-2009, 02:05 PM
He didn't play most of last season due to injury. The team didn't win in over a year, but it wasn't because he was playing.

So we want an injury prone, losing, mental midget? He gets hurt every damn year people. Coincidence?

elsid13
09-07-2009, 02:20 PM

First thing you have to do is throw out where he played and what his win/loss record was. That stuff is influenced by other factors.

Second you need to project what the player can do in NFL environment, starting with the mental part of the game. Can he process information quickly and make the right decision (usually with 3 to 5 seconds), Can he handle pressure and "chaos"? Can he learn a system quickly and translate what he learns on white board to physical world.

If he can do that then you need make sure he the physical abilities to execute his mental decisions. Does he have the right size to play the position (being 5'7" is hard to overcome) Does have the arm strength to make 15 out pass to opposite side of the field(that is NFL throw) Can he make strong throw even when his feet aren't set? Does he have have good accuracy? Is he mobile enough to move around in the pocket to avoid pressure at his feet? can he get outside the pocket and put more pressure on other team, and does he have timing to understand when to take off?

Right now Locker has the physical talent to play in the NFL, the question does he have the mental skills required to be starting QB in that league.

Natedog24
09-07-2009, 02:56 PM

Listen to the Coug, this guy will suck in the NFL