PDA

View Full Version : Lelie cut by Chiefs...

broncofan7
09-05-2009, 05:51 PM
WOW. Talk about an agent ruining a career.......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Tom Brady's knees weren't scheduled for another run-in with Bernard Pollard this season, but there still may be a reunion after Pollard was released by the Chiefs on Sunday.

The safety, who started 31 games over the last two seasons was the most surprising name on the Chiefs cut list. The safety position has been in flux during training camp, but it was believed that free safety Jarrad Page was in more trouble than Pollard, a 2006 second rounder, when it came to cut day.

The Chiefs kept all four of their quarterbacks, which may be an indication about their confidence about the condition of Matt Cassel's knee or an indication that they weren't able to get a trade done before the deadline.

Other notable names among the Chiefs cuts are wide receiver Ashley Lelie and linebacker Zach Thomas, who was rumored to be pondering retirement.

The remaining Chiefs cuts are cornerback Jackie Bates, tight end Tom Crabree, defensive end Dion Gales, defensive end Bobby Greenwood, guard Darryl Harris, wide receiver Taurus Johnson, defensive tackle Derek Lokey, safety Ricky Price, running back Javarris Williams and wide receiver Rodney Wright.

The Chiefs also placed guard Colin Brown, a fifth-round pick, on injured reserve. Williams, a seventh-rounder, was the only other one of the eight Chiefs draft picks not to make the roster.

TheDave
09-05-2009, 05:57 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/ludertrj/simpsons_haha2.jpg

Houshyamama
09-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Have him give Marshall a call

BMarsh615
09-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Chiefs fans thought Lelie was going to be a stud with Haley's WR expertise ROFL!

listopencil
09-05-2009, 06:04 PM
It's getting sad but I don't know if his agent ruined his career. He'd have a hard time making our squad, and that's been true many times since he left. Not much call for a fast guy with no hands that can't turn. What a great value on that draft pick, eh?

bap454
09-05-2009, 06:07 PM
so much for being a #1 reciever. The shame is, if he would have stayed.. cutler would have made him millions, maybe.

TheDave
09-05-2009, 06:08 PM
It's getting sad but I don't know if his agent ruined his career. He'd have a hard time making our squad, and that's been true many times since he left. Not much call for a fast guy with no hands that can't turn. What a great value on that draft pick, eh?

We got 3 good years out of him then swindled a 3 & 4 from the skins in that 3 way deal for him... Still not great but we got decent value.

Unfortuantely we should have drafted... Wait for it... ED REED!!!!!!!!

listopencil
09-05-2009, 06:09 PM
We got three good years out of him?

SouthStndJunkie
09-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Lelie made some decent catches for the Queefs in the preseason....I figured he was going to make the team.

DaFace
09-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Chiefs fans thought Lelie was going to be a stud with Haley's WR expertise ROFL!

Exaggerate much?

Bob's your Information Minister
09-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Lelie had a good preseason...not sure why he was cut.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Remember when he wanted to be the #1 guy? Amazing how far this guy's fallen.

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM
so much for being a #1 reciever. The shame is, if he would have stayed.. cutler would have made him millions, maybe.

Lelie could run like a gazelle in his prime. There was no CB in the league that could keep up with him. Had hands like glue also. Ended up being another Anthony Miller. That's how it goes sometimes.

errand
09-05-2009, 06:29 PM
I was most definitely shocked to find out Lelei was cut......

i thought he was out of the league

frerottenextelway
09-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Wasn't Lelie a Pat Bowlen draft pick? Or was that just a silly rumor back in the day?

baja
09-05-2009, 06:39 PM

ya know with our draft history it's amazing we won as many games as we did. Can you imagine what Shanny could do if he were teamed with a good GM.

errand
09-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Lelie could run like a gazelle in his prime. There was no CB in the league that could keep up with him. Had hands like glue also. Ended up being another Anthony Miller. That's how it goes sometimes.

He had a prime?

Rohirrim
09-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Ouch! Cut by the Chefs. That's got to leave a mark. And no arena league to fall back on.

listopencil
09-05-2009, 06:44 PM
ya know with our draft history it's amazing we won as many games as we did. Can you imagine what Shanny could do if he were teamed with a good GM.

Dynasty. It would have been a dynasty to rival those of old.

errand
09-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Wasn't Lelie a Pat Bowlen draft pick? Or was that just a silly rumor back in the day?

Yeah, having been on the mane for awhile, we all know how it goes.....

Bad playcalling, it was Kubiak's fault.

Good playcalling, Mike took the playbook away from Gary.

Bad defense, it was Robinson's, Rhodes, or Coyer's fault.

Good defense, Mike made his adjustments to the D.

Bad draft pick, Bowlen made the pick.

Good draft pick, Mike sure knows how to evaluate talent

Makes you wonder how a genius like that was only 24-24 over the last 3 season's

Atwater His Ass
09-05-2009, 07:14 PM

Huh? Lelie had good hands. He just couldn't run anything other than a fly pattern.

s0phr0syne
09-05-2009, 07:41 PM

Spot on! We couldn't really capitalize on his skill set during the Plummer era, but if there was one thing we were lacking for Cutler, it was a good deep threat.

He was retarded. The writing was on the wall with the drafting of Cutler and his cannon, and he wanted out of town because of Javon? Rod Smith was an old man that was going to retire/get crippled and instead of manning up and competing, Ashley forced a trade that resulted in NOTHING good for his career.

Hogan11
09-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Ouch! Cut by the Chefs. That's got to leave a mark. And no arena league to fall back on.

The UFL beckons.

Hogan11
09-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Spot on! We couldn't really capitalize on his skill set during the Plummer era, but if there was one thing we were lacking for Cutler, it was a good deep threat.

He was retarded. The writing was on the wall with the drafting of Cutler and his cannon, and he wanted out of town because of Javon? Rod Smith was an old man that was going to retire/get crippled and instead of manning up and competing, Ashley forced a trade that resulted in NOTHING good for his career.

and he got exactly what he deserved, nothing to hang his hat on except being an answer to a future trivia question. Whadda legacy.

Rohirrim
09-05-2009, 07:51 PM
The UFL beckons.

There's only, what, four teams? Can he make the cut? And will they pay him what he deserves?

Hogan11
09-05-2009, 07:54 PM
There's only, what, four teams? Can he make the cut? And will they pay him what he deserves?

They'll take him in a heartbeat and pay him the minimum wage he deserves.

broncosteven
09-05-2009, 07:55 PM
I am guessing KFC released him early so he could catch on with some other team as their #1 WR.

RMT
09-05-2009, 08:20 PM

because he was an overachiever by chiefs' standards so they had to let him go.

RMT
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
The UFL beckons.

maybe he can be a #1 there - then again, maybe not

Taco John
09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/5/128966773320978221.jpg

Popcorn Sutton
09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Very surprised to see the Chiefs cut Bernard Pollard...

rastaman
09-05-2009, 08:36 PM
The UFL beckons.

Bears might beckon.

listopencil
09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Huh? Lelie had good hands. He just couldn't run anything other than a fly pattern.

One of his nicknames was "coconut hands".

Gort
09-05-2009, 09:02 PM
BVP > Lelie

(Jae)
09-05-2009, 09:23 PM

Look at that passing attack

QB = Cutler
FB = Hillis
WR 1 = Marshall
WR 2 = Royal
WR 3= Stoke
WR4 = Leile (could have been our deep threat, the 3 above arent really much)

TE = Scheff

FireFly
09-05-2009, 10:17 PM
If he had have stayed with us, he would have been the No. 1 in time. And he would have made a bucket load of money along the way imo

SoCalBronco
09-05-2009, 10:31 PM
That sucks. :(

I hope Ashley can catch on with someone else.

Go Ashley.

OBF1
09-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I am sitting on the opposite side of the fence from SoCal..... Effff Leslie, she got what she deserved.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 11:14 PM

because he's a soft player and chiefs probably want more physical play out of the WR.

Still though he did look decent for you in the preseason game I watched.

Lelie was always pretty good at getting open if he could get off the line. It was the physical part that always stopped him from being a real factor in games.

ALso you hit him once good and he's done for the game.

Atwater His Ass
09-06-2009, 12:20 AM
If he had have stayed with us, he would have been the No. 1 in time. And he would have made a bucket load of money along the way imo

lolwut? Lelie is not a #1 WR in the NFL for any team ever.

You're right in that he could have made a ton of money excelling at running the deep route off the boot leg with Shanny here.

Lelie is a classic case of over playing your hand and over estimating your value.

He could have had a nice NFL career here. He chose to piss it away however.

Bronco Yoda
09-06-2009, 12:49 AM
That sucks. :(

I hope Ashley can catch on with someone else.

Go Ashley.

Hilarious!

SouthStndJunkie
09-06-2009, 01:28 AM
If Mary Kate and Ashley Lelie would have stuck with the Chiefs he would have had 2 decent games all year....both against us....just like last year when he was with Oakland.

Atwater His Ass
09-06-2009, 01:29 AM
One of his nicknames was "coconut hands".

cool story bro

_Oro_
09-06-2009, 06:07 AM
I liked how he could only make the circus catch. The diving, bobbling, tip-toeing the sideline catch was his b&b. But the spot on pass to his numbers he would drop every time. WTH was wrong with that guy?

NYBronco
09-06-2009, 08:31 AM
If Mary Kate and Ashley Lelie would have stuck with the Chiefs he would have had 2 decent games all year....both against us....just like last year when he was with Oakland.

You might be on to something. He could be picked up by the Bungirls and set our d on fire and then onto the next Denver opponent and so on. A new function for free agent could be utilized.

frerottenextelway
09-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah, having been on the mane for awhile, we all know how it goes.....

Bad playcalling, it was Kubiak's fault.

Good playcalling, Mike took the playbook away from Gary.

Bad defense, it was Robinson's, Rhodes, or Coyer's fault.

Good defense, Mike made his adjustments to the D.

Bad draft pick, Bowlen made the pick.

Good draft pick, Mike sure knows how to evaluate talent

Makes you wonder how a genius like that was only 24-24 over the last 3 season's

Iirc, those rumors surfaced before he even played a down for us.

misturanderson
09-06-2009, 10:36 AM

Considering that Cutler threw exactly ONE good deep pass that I can remember, not sure how Cutler would have helped Lelie.

broncosteven
09-06-2009, 11:01 AM
I liked how he could only make the circus catch. The diving, bobbling, tip-toeing the sideline catch was his b&b. But the spot on pass to his numbers he would drop every time. WTH was wrong with that guy?

I am not sure what has happened since but he did have Plummer underthrowing to him.

In all their time together I can't remember Plummer hitting Leslie in stride, he always had to make a play coming back to a ball.

I agree with CTD than he is not physical at all.

broncswin
09-06-2009, 11:34 AM

He prolly went in to the FO and told them the same thing you just said...then asked for #1 wr money!!Hilarious!

broncswin
09-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Considering that Cutler threw exactly ONE good deep pass that I can remember, not sure how Cutler would have helped Lelie.

:rofl::rofl:

broncswin
09-06-2009, 11:36 AM

Maybe we should have called him "Featherstone"!Booya!

baja
09-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Cutler has infected many with the "Jeff George" disease.

Bronx33
09-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Very surprised to see the Chiefs cut Bernard Pollard...

After all his leg work last year too.