PDA

View Full Version : Broncos likely to keep 7 Wide Receivers

Popcorn Sutton
09-05-2009, 02:31 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/05/broncos-likely-keeping-7-wrs/

It appears the Broncos are going to keep seven wide receivers on their 53-man roster.

The number seems high at first, but makes sense considering how often the team runs in 4 WR sets and the question marks surrounding Brandon Marshall and a thumb injury to Jabar Gaffney.

The seven receivers are: Marshall (pending his return from suspension on Sunday), Gaffney, Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley, Chad Jackson, Brandon Lloyd and Kenny McKinley.

We are still awaiting the final list of cuts from the team, though so far the only confirmed receiver cuts are Matthew Willis (a likely practice squad player) and rookie Nate Swift (who should be a practice squad player somewhere, maybe Denver, too).

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 02:33 PM
I bareln noticed Matt Willis.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Makes sense...i can see why they'd want to hold on to all of them, especially when they are a base 3wr and often have 4 on the field. All are talented and have earned their keep.

Kid A
09-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Once Gaffney get healthy and (if) Marshall comes back to play for us there will probably be someone getting cut.

extralife
09-05-2009, 02:58 PM
get rid of chad jackson

cabronco
09-05-2009, 03:14 PM
get rid of chad jackson

Ya I agree. He's about the least impressive of the bunch.

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Whatchoo talkin' bout Willis?

Houshyamama
09-05-2009, 03:26 PM
How fast is Kenny McKinley? Can he be a consistent deep threat?

maher_tyler
09-05-2009, 03:30 PM
How fast is Kenny McKinley? Can he be a consistent deep threat?

Don't know why but i think he'll surprise some people this year when given the chance...just a gut feeling!

HILife
09-05-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't care how many WR they keep, so long as Royal gets 2000 yards recieving and 30 Tds. My fantasy league is counting on it.

maher_tyler
09-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't care how many WR they keep, so long as Royal gets 2000 yards recieving and 30 Tds. My fantasy league is counting on it.

I don't see why not...with T-Money throwing him the ball, 2k and 30 TD's is very doable...you'll win your league just by having Royal on your team..it IS the definition of a one man wrecking crew!

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM

If they like him for practice squad they don't want other teams to see him play.

Just another explanation to enlighten footinmouth.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Ya I agree. He's about the least impressive of the bunch.

I didn't see him miss any blocks I noticed, or drop any easy balls really. Plus we don't get to watch practice and know how hard or well he is performing there.

I understand we think we know a lot about football. I want to include myself in that to make it clear none of us really have enough information to know what players should be cut etc et.

Sure some are no brainers, we get those ones. But most of the time we are in the dark about the teams real plans. We could be keeping 7 WR because team expects to trade Marshall by the trade deadline.

The plan could be showcase him enough to show he's healthy, then get a first round pick and a defensive starter in the deal.

I'm not saying I think that, only that nothing can't happen. I used to think no player would ever sit the yr and re-enter draft but Crabtree just may do it.

What is it with these WR?

Taco John
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I've got a good feeling about McKinley.