PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Tim Crowder Cut; Sources, Jarvis Moss Safe

Denver724
09-05-2009, 10:55 AM
http://community.kdvr.com/_Broncos-Tim-Crowder-Cut-Sources-Jarvis-Moss-Safe/BLOG/643550/96399.html;jsessionid=BAEE2C18870BF89D957F7204903F C3DB?as=96399

A well-placed sourced just informed me that Broncos defensive end Jarvis Moss just contacted them and said he made the Denver Broncos 53 man roster.

The team's first round draft pick in 2007 was under the gun after a rough training camp and thoughts of retirement.

Yesterday a source told me that Moss was told to play his heart out before the Broncos' last preseason game against the Cardinals because it would either he would get cut or his fellow draft classmate.

The Broncos made that motivation line a reality.

I have just been informed that defensive end/outside linebacker Tim Crowder has been cut.

Crowder was the Broncos 2nd round draft pick in 2007 as well.

Crowder just text me, 'It's all good, I need a dresh start.

LonghornBronco
09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
I was hopeful the reports coming out of camp indicated Crowder had turn the corner so to speak.... oh well. Moss is not inspiring me at all.

Mr.Meanie
09-05-2009, 10:59 AM
everyone needs a dresh start once in a while

elsid13
09-05-2009, 11:01 AM
interesting. I hope for the best for Crowder hopefully he can find the right team to give a chance to play.

WABronco
09-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Josina you slut!

Anyways good for Jarvis, hopefully he can contribute more than he has.

jhat01
09-05-2009, 11:20 AM
A fresh start huh? He'll be hard pressed to find a team that has more opportunities on it's defensive line than the broncos. Good luck to him though..

R8R H8R
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Good for Jarvis, I wish him well.

I just hope he builds on that game he had instead of relaxing because he made the roster.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Marcus Thomas?

Hercules Rockefeller
09-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Marcus Thomas?

He hasn't texted Josina yet, give him some time.

Denver724
09-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Marcus Thomas?

I read somewhere earlier that he is safe.

thumpc
09-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I read somewhere earlier that he is safe.
where?

DomCasual
09-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Josina you slut!

Anyways good for Jarvis, hopefully he can contribute more than he has.

This could turn into a party game. Who did Josina sleep with to get this scoop?

Chris
09-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Jarvis looked like he threw up in the second half. He couldn't have played harder that game. Hopefully this will motivate him more. They clearly see he has potential.

Best of luck to Tim. He worked hard too.

DomCasual
09-05-2009, 11:38 AM
A fresh start huh? He'll be hard pressed to find a team that has more opportunities on it's defensive line than the broncos. Good luck to him though..

That's what I was thinking with Powell yesterday. Man, if you can't break in with this DL, I hope you paid attention in class in college.

lostknight
09-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Moss earned it. After his quick stint considering retirement, he went out and earned the position, even though it was really stacked against him.

In the preseason games, he sure looked like the edge rusher we all hoped he will be. A little more fine tuning and the idea of Elvis and Moss on the rush should strike fear into opposing o-lines.

BroncoMan4ever
09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
This could turn into a party game. Who did Josina sleep with to get this scoop?

who did she NOT sleep with would probably be the shorter list

HEAV
09-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Moss also is a first round pick, so that could have been a factor also.

Tim Crowder will land some-where as a 4-3 Def.-end. If he works harder he could have a long career in the league.

HILife
09-05-2009, 11:49 AM
?? What happen to all the reports of Crowder playing well in camp?

HILife
09-05-2009, 11:51 AM
who did she NOT sleep with would probably be the shorter list

Well, I haven't, but if I try harder and get some really good inside information, maybe I can "hit it" too.

UberBroncoMan
09-05-2009, 11:54 AM

That's what I was thinking.

Borks147
09-05-2009, 11:57 AM
How did that article get past the copy-editor. Its not like its friggin twitter.

Man-Goblin
09-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Good for Jarvis. We knew he'd take time to develop, and maybe he needed the time off to get his head straight. Now, it's up to the coaching staff to turn him into a real player.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-05-2009, 11:58 AM
How did that article get past the copy-editor. Its not like its friggin twitter.

A question that is asked anytime Josina writes an "article"

Man-Goblin
09-05-2009, 12:02 PM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/232288953/image002_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson)JosinaAnderson (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson)See how u do me.about 20 hours ago (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/3767309019) from txt (http://help.twitter.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=75)

PRBronco
09-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I heard Jarven attribute his success to being visited by 3 ghosts.

backup qb
09-05-2009, 12:07 PM
had high hopes for Crowder coming out. Of course, I guess you should have high hopes for all 2nd's.

Hogan11
09-05-2009, 12:09 PM

That's what our guys saw...but it's apparently not what the coaching staff saw.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-05-2009, 12:09 PM

Imagine that.

Borks147
09-05-2009, 12:10 PM
had high hopes for Crowder coming out. Of course, I guess you should have high hopes for all 2nd's.

Is he eligible for the PS? Or did he play/start too many games?

Cue dude who quotes nfl.com and calls me a newb. whatever.

Hogan11
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Imagine that.

They weren't called "the pinch of salt squad" for nothing :wiggle:

Borks147
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM

If camp stars can't translate their performance onto the (preseason) field, then they're not worth a spot on the regular roster. Its a shame.

HEAV
09-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Mike Bell hmmm...

Baba Booey
Jarvis better go hard

BroncoBuff
I read somewhere earlier that (Marcus Thomas) is safe.
Probably my posts ;D

Chris
09-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Mike Bell hmmm...

Don't worry, we fired the guy that let him go.

Hogan11
09-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Mike Bell hmmm...

That was more just him already being a Broncos fan and wearing TD's number than anything else.

Chris
09-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Seriously no one else saw him throw up during the final game? He took his helmet off and yacked then kept playing.

Hogan11
09-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Seriously no one else saw him throw up during the final game? He took his helmet off and yacked then kept playing.

Shades of Droz.

UberBroncoMan
09-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Moss earned it. After his quick stint considering retirement, he went out and earned the position, even though it was really stacked against him.

In the preseason games, he sure looked like the edge rusher we all hoped he will be. A little more fine tuning and the idea of Elvis and Moss on the rush should strike fear into opposing o-lines.

Which would make the drafting of Ayers pretty silly... right now I wish we got Sean Smith over McBath.

Rock Chalk
09-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Crowder looked good early in camp but you'll notice that after camp progressed you heard less and less about him.

Just saying.

Borks147
09-05-2009, 12:34 PM

Playing his guts out; obviously it showed the coaches something.

If you have physical talent and are willing to work that hard, coaches might take another look.

tsiguy96
09-05-2009, 12:43 PM
good call on moss, he has a higher ceiling than crowder me thinks

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I heard Jarven attribute his success to being visited by 3 ghosts.

Come on, guy!

BroncoBuff
09-05-2009, 12:51 PM
?? What happen to all the reports of Crowder playing well in camp?That's what our guys saw...but it's apparently not what the coaching staff saw.Imagine that.
We sure have caught alotta grief on this ... and since Khan and montrose are taking a break, I''ll try to respond: What we saw early in camp, what we based these observations on, in the podcasts and in the threads, was that Crowder was transitioning from DE functions to OLB functions very smoothly. He moved fast in space, and dropped into coverage quite natrally. His hips "swivelled" well, especially for a DE.

These observations seemed correct at the time, and they probably were correct. But of course there are other skills required to excel in the league, the kind of D-line skills Tim had already shown deficiencies in his first two years here. So our optimistic reports were based mostly on this.

I think SoCal, Apa, OSKIE! and Bronco Doug would probably agree with this. Maybe even Alec, though I'm kinda doubting it.

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I wish the best of luck to both Moss and Crowder. Both are apparently good citizens.

DivineBronco
09-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I dont' get why so many people are bitter about the camp reports..is it people disliking specific posters or what. I can't understand not liking having a real person giving us reports on training camp. someone let me know what I am missing

broncosteven
09-05-2009, 01:07 PM

Did you take the time to go to camp and file a report?

It wasn't just the mane reporting what they saw, the local media was all over him the 1st 2 days, he was the star of camp. Did you hear the audio podcast that was posted here before we lost our press pass?

Crowder was the media darling unless you take the time to go and report don't knock the reporters!

This is why more good people are less and less inclined to post here.

oubronco
09-05-2009, 01:19 PM

It wasn't just the mane reporting what they saw, the local media was all over him the 1st 2 days, he was the star of camp. Did you hear the audio podcast that was posted here before we lost our press pass?

Crowder was the media darling unless you take the time to go and report don't knock the reporters!

I agree I for one really appreciate the reports and they report what they see who cares if they don't agree with the coaches

Give them a break at least they go and do it :notworthy

TonyR
09-05-2009, 01:22 PM
We sure have caught alotta grief on this ...

I'm going to give most people the benefit of the doubt and suggest that they're not knocking our camp reporters as much as they are reacting to expectations created about certain players that weren't met. Crowder, for example, got some love during camp and people who were hopeful he would pan out started thinking maybe he would. When he didn't they were disappointed and are wondering what happened.

In defense of our intrepid camp reporters, they aren't there every day. They don't have the benefit of film and comments from coaches. They're just telling us what they see and giving their opinions. I think most people here appreciate what they do while at the same time understanding their inherent limitations.

DomCasual
09-05-2009, 01:37 PM

Yeah, that's a little frustrating to me, too. Maybe a few of the guys at camp get a little carried away with "player evaluations." Maybe having several hundred people hanging on their description makes them more inclined, from a human nature standpoint, to wax hyperbolic. But at the end of the day, they're doing us all a favor. It's not just going, either - they would probably go whether they reported their perspective here or not. They also take the time to write all that stuff out, answer questions, and put themselves out there with their opinions.

I got a chuckle out of montrose making the comparison between Orton and Tom Brady after the first practice - mainly because I could see myself saying something like that, then feeling a little silly about it afterwards. But I really appreciate these guys for going and reporting what they see. I don't suffer any illusions about any of them being NFL personnel guys. Let's ease up on the sardonic comments about things they might have said about certain players.

colonelbeef
09-05-2009, 02:04 PM

don't be dresh

mhgaffney
09-05-2009, 02:09 PM
We always expect young players to develop fast - and contribute. But it does not always work that way.

Some guys take more time. Like Moss. We shall see.

My hope is that by mid season -- Moss, Ayers and Doom become a terrible threesome.

DomCasual
09-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Here's the thing about Marcus Thomas being safe (again, Josina):

http://community.kdvr.com/_AGENT-ON-BRONCOS-CUTS-DT-THOMAS-GOOD-CB-CARTER-CUT/BLOG/641035/96399.html?as=96399

The agent for both defensive tackle Marcus Thomas and cornerback Tony Carter contacted me Saturday morning to provide an update on his clients as the Denver Broncos trim their roster to 53 players today.

"Marcus Thomas is good, he got a call from (Defensive Line coach Wayne) Nunnely this morning telling him he expects to see him at practice next week," said Richard Burnoski.

As for Carter...

"He got cut, but he should be on the practice squad."

I will do my best to update this blog same blog as the day progresses

Swedish Extrovert
09-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Which would make the drafting of Ayers pretty silly... right now I wish we got Sean Smith over McBath.

I still think Ayers +10lbs + one year in system as a tweener = great 3-4 RDE.

HILife
09-05-2009, 02:51 PM

Calm the **** down. I'm asking a question, not criticizing. Based on the reports I was expecting future starter for Crowder and the results ended up being different. Living on the East Coast I can't exactly go to camp myself, so reading the reports is a welcomed event. Since there were so many positive things said, it was a surprise to see him cut, which was the last thing that was expected. Just would like to know what happened. Your over reacting is why more good people are less and less inclined to post here.

HILife
09-05-2009, 02:53 PM
We sure have caught alotta grief on this ... and since Khan and montrose are taking a break, I''ll try to respond: What we saw early in camp, what we based these observations on, in the podcasts and in the threads, was that Crowder was transitioning from DE functions to OLB functions very smoothly. He moved fast in space, and dropped into coverage quite natrally. His hips "swivelled" well, especially for a DE.

These observations seemed correct at the time, and they probably were correct. But of course there are other skills required to excel in the league, the kind of D-line skills Tim had already shown deficiencies in his first two years here. So our optimistic reports were based mostly on this.

I think SoCal, Apa, OSKIE! and Bronco Doug would probably agree with this. Maybe even Alec, though I'm kinda doubting it.

No, grief being given. Just a question being asked. Heard one thing and was surprised by the results.

listopencil
09-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Hope so. Sucks that both of our first round picks are making 0 impact right now.

HILife
09-05-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm going to give most people the benefit of the doubt and suggest that they're not knocking our camp reporters as much as they are reacting to expectations created about certain players that weren't met. Crowder, for example, got some love during camp and people who were hopeful he would pan out started thinking maybe he would. When he didn't they were disappointed and are wondering what happened.

In defense of our intrepid camp reporters, they aren't there every day. They don't have the benefit of film and comments from coaches. They're just telling us what they see and giving their opinions. I think most people here appreciate what they do while at the same time understanding their inherent limitations.

Thank you, that was exactly what I meant.

Swedish Extrovert
09-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Hope so. Sucks that both of our first round picks are making 0 impact right now.

Not many rookies do

TheDave
09-05-2009, 03:52 PM

10 lbs or not... If they think he has potential at DE why are they playing him exclusively at LB?

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 03:55 PM
10 lbs or not... If they think he has potential at DE why are they playing him exclusively at LB?
Because they don't think he's a DE in the 3-4. I figured as much...he's 25 pounds underweight for this system to play DE.

TheDave
09-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Because they don't think he's a DE in the 3-4. I figured as much...he's 25 pounds underweight for this system to play DE.

I agree... he isn't a DE in a 3-4

Not to hijack this thread... But is Ayers playing behind Doom?

I thought he was pencilled in as a SOLB but a buddy of mine said he was playing on the weak side.

Anyone know ?

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 04:03 PM
I agree... he isn't a DE in a 3-4

Not to hijack this thread... But is Ayers playing behind Doom?

I thought he was pencilled in as a SOLB but a buddy of mine said he was playing on the weak side.

Anyone know ?

He pretty much doesn't know wtf he's doing right now. But he'll make the team.

errand
09-05-2009, 04:03 PM
interesting. I hope for the best for Crowder hopefully he can find the right team to give a chance to play.

Coming out of college Crowder had the look of a stud DE...but he didn't have the production of a stud DE. And while he looks the part...he really wasn't all that to beging with. but, as with all former Broncos I wish him luck in his after Bronco life

TheDave
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM
He pretty much doesn't know wtf he's doing right now. But he'll make the team.

That seems kinda negative...

errand
09-05-2009, 04:04 PM

That reminds of when Bill Walsh took over a 2-14 SF 49er's team....he told them on day one -

"this is the worst team in the NFL....if you can't play here, where the hell else can you play?"

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 04:07 PM

To see what he can do, duh.

TheDave
09-05-2009, 04:08 PM
To see what he can do, duh.

WOW... you should totally coach. :thumbs:

errand
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
I find it kind of odd that there are some posters on here shocked at the release of a player or players who have not accomplished anything in two or three seasons in the NFL, and give well wishes to them as well....but won't give our new head coach the same amount of time to see if he's good or bad.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM

Well some 4-3 teams will look at him as a bkup dend with some upside.

I think he can find a team willing to give him a look for another yr or so.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Nobody knows if Ayers can make the transition to OLB or not since he hasn't played there yet. Assuming that he can, he will have to probably beat out Dumervil, which is why I wondered from the start why they took him. It seems like they have two guys who are basically the same kind of player there. Maybe Elvis moves to the left side OLB. It's not like they have anybody on that side who is worth much.

errand
09-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Most teams that run a 3-4 will have the big body in the middle to eat up blockers, and bigger DE's to do the same while trying to stop the run....the pass rush generally comes from the LB positions.

A 270 lb DE can work in a 4-3...but he's gonna get swallowed up by most OL in a 3-4....if ayers is 25 lbs under weight then that might explain why the have played him exclsuively at OLB.

BTW Cito...Ayers was a 1st round pick...he'll be given a little more time to develop than someone who isn't because he's got a higher ceiling in most cases. While potential means he hasn't done crap...it also means he's capable of doing it as well.

I truly think every team plays what they believe are their best 22 players....but when it comes to filling out their rosters a 1st rounder with high ceiling will generally stick over a 3rd rounder with a lower ceiling.

broncosteven
09-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Calm the **** down. I'm asking a question, not criticizing. Based on the reports I was expecting future starter for Crowder and the results ended up being different. Living on the East Coast I can't exactly go to camp myself, so reading the reports is a welcomed event. Since there were so many positive things said, it was a surprise to see him cut, which was the last thing that was expected. Just would like to know what happened. Your over reacting is why more good people are less and less inclined to post here.

If that is the case then I am sorry for jumping to conclusions it sure read as a slight to the reporters when I posted.

I am getting worried that people are becoming less and less inclined to report from camp for fear of being flamed for taking a stand on a player or situation.

Especially after this year.

rastaman
09-05-2009, 07:29 PM

Welcome to the draft......it ain't an exact science. In fact its better to pay a proven veteran-FA the big bucks vs college players that are drafted No.1.

Just saying.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Go hard like singletary guy.

FireFly
09-05-2009, 09:19 PM
After everything we heard about camp, I'm suprised by the Crowder cut. And to a degree i'm suprised that moss wasn't cut.

I was holding out hope for Crowder, more so than moss as well! I really thought he'd do well in this system

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Most teams that run a 3-4 will have the big body in the middle to eat up blockers, and bigger DE's to do the same while trying to stop the run....the pass rush generally comes from the LB positions.

A 270 lb DE can work in a 4-3...but he's gonna get swallowed up by most OL in a 3-4....if ayers is 25 lbs under weight then that might explain why the have played him exclsuively at OLB.

BTW Cito...Ayers was a 1st round pick...he'll be given a little more time to develop than someone who isn't because he's got a higher ceiling in most cases. While potential means he hasn't done crap...it also means he's capable of doing it as well.

I truly think every team plays what they believe are their best 22 players....but when it comes to filling out their rosters a 1st rounder with high ceiling will generally stick over a 3rd rounder with a lower ceiling.

Ayers and Kruger I figured would be the two most impactful DE's transitioning into the 3-4. Ayers better step it up. I don't want to be a jackass here, but Ayers better step it up.

ZONA
09-05-2009, 11:45 PM

NOT. Moss isn't going to strike fear into anybody. And he did not look like the edge rusher I hoped he would be. He looked probably the same to me, just showing a little more effort in the last game is all. He still has a hard time getting off the block and getting all the way to the QB. He's going to see alot of ST duty this year. That's the only way he is going to stick around for long.

Atwater His Ass
09-05-2009, 11:48 PM
After everything we heard about camp,

from where? the mane? Hilarious!

listopencil
09-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Welcome to the draft......it ain't an exact science. In fact its better to pay a proven veteran-FA the big bucks vs college players that are drafted No.1.

Just saying.

I know. It wasn't a condemnation of our draft, it was an observation. Moreno was injured and I'm frustrated that I haven't gotten to see him play. Our first pick overall at a position where somebody is most likely to come in and contribute immediately. But he's hurt so I haven't gotten to see what he can do.

Ayers is doubly frustrating but I expected it. Either as a D-Lineman or a Linebacker he was going to take time to make any kind of impact. From what I can tell the Broncos are setting him up to do what Dumerville is already doing. At least he's been able to practice and play, but it's still frustrating.

The potential payoff is huge. But right now...it sucks.

~Crash~
09-06-2009, 01:43 AM

this is it no one is knocking the guys that took the time to do these reports .I know I like all the reports they were great .

~Crash~
09-06-2009, 01:46 AM
People are not realistic when it comes to the draft . average NFL draft you get one starter .

HILife
09-07-2009, 01:34 PM
If that is the case then I am sorry for jumping to conclusions it sure read as a slight to the reporters when I posted.

I am getting worried that people are becoming less and less inclined to report from camp for fear of being flamed for taking a stand on a player or situation.

Especially after this year.

It's all good. A miss understanding.