PDA

View Full Version : General College Football Thread 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Bronco LB52
12-25-2009, 12:27 AM
SMU 18 year old Freshman QB Kyle Padron had an awesome game tonight.

32 of 41 for 460 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs.

June Jones has that program going in the right direction.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Run N Shoot tonight. It's a lot more exciting offense to watch than the spread passing offenses that are common place in the game. I loved the aggressive, downfield passing calls from Jones.

SouthStndJunkie
12-25-2009, 12:35 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Run N Shoot tonight. It's a lot more exciting offense to watch than the spread passing offenses that are common place in the game. I loved the aggressive, downfield passing calls from Jones.

June Jones will make SMU into a regular fixture in the Top 25 in the near future.

Bronco LB52
12-25-2009, 12:50 AM
June Jones will make SMU into a regular fixture in the Top 25 in the near future.

I believe it. Compared to Hawai'i, the possibilities are endless at SMU. There's a gold mine of talent right under his nose.

24champ
12-25-2009, 12:56 AM
I believe it. Compared to Hawai'i, the possibilities are endless at SMU. There's a gold mine of talent right under his nose.

Not just a gold mine of talent, they also have very deep pockets at SMU.

Hogan11
12-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Go Dawgs!!!

Bronco LB52
12-28-2009, 01:53 PM
INDEPENDENCE BOWL PLAYERS TO WATCH

Texas A&M
QB: 1 Jerrod Johnson (Jr.) - 2nd team All-Big XII
RB: 33 Christine Michael (Fr.) - Big XII Offensive Freshman of the Yr
RB/KR: 32 Cyrus Gray (So.)
FB/TE: 4 Jamie McCoy (Sr.) - 2nd team All-Big XII
WR: 7 Uzoma Nwachukwu (Fr.)
WR: 8 Jeff Fuller (So.)
WR: 17 Ryan Tannehill (So.)
C: 63 Kevin Matthews (Sr.)
RG: 61 Patrick Lewis (Fr.)
RT: 74 Lee Grimes (Sr.) - 2nd team All-Big XII
DE/OLB: 40 Von Miller (Jr.) - 2nd team All-American, 1st team All-Big XII
SLB: 37 Michael Hodges (Jr.)
SLB: 32 Garrick Williams (So.)
FS: 25 Jordan Pugh (Sr.)
SS: 22 Trent Hunter (So.) - 2nd team All-Big XII

Georgia
RB: 24 Washaun Ealey (Fr.)
RB: 4 Caleb King (So.)
WR: 8 A.J. Green (So.) - 1st team All-SEC
TE: 7 Orson Charles (Fr.) Freshman All-American
LG: 71 Cordy Glenn (So.)
C: 61 Ben Jones (So.) - 2nd team All-SEC
RG: 63 Chris Davis (Jr.)
RT: 60 Clint Boling (Jr.)
DE: 42 Justin Houston (So.) - 2nd team All-SEC
DT: 56 Geno Atkins (Sr.) - 1st team All-SEC
DT: 91 Kade Weston (Sr.)
DT: 95 Jeff Owens (Sr.)
SLB: 50 Darryl Gamble (Jr.)
WLB: 35 Rennie Curran (Jr.) - 1st team All-SEC
CB/KR: 20 Brandon Boykin (So.)
CB/PR: 23 Prince Miller (Sr.)
SS: 9 Reshad Jones (Jr.)
K: 57 Blair Walsh (So.) - 2nd team All-SEC
P: 13 Drew Butler (So.) - 1st team All-SEC

Bronco LB52
12-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Texas Tech suspends head coach Mike Leach indefinitely for his treatment of an injured player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/news/story?id=4776848

I will never respect an adult male who runs to his parents when things get tough. Be a man and take care of your own business.

PaintballCLE
12-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Bucks > Ducks

Hogan11
12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
A solid victory for Georgia! Good job guys! :thumbs:

anthonypacino
12-28-2009, 11:03 PM
A solid victory for Georgia! Good job guys! :thumbs:

congrats buddy, now hopefully the rest of the SEC can lose their games LOL, I am heading out to Pasadena on Wed for the Rose Bowl, hoping the Bucks can snap the streak.

ohiobronco2
12-29-2009, 07:22 AM
congrats buddy, now hopefully the rest of the SEC can lose their games LOL, I am heading out to Pasadena on Wed for the Rose Bowl, hoping the Bucks can snap the streak.

I'll be in Cali as well. Going to Napa. Hopefully we can win a big game.

ohiobronco2
12-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Wisconsin, way to represent the Big 10.

Garcia Bronco
12-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Miami was pathetic and playing in their own state.

meangene
12-30-2009, 08:12 AM
A couple of DL prospects that really impressed me so far - Brian Price of UCLA and Geno Atkins of Georgia. Both are active, penetrating 300 pounders. Probably shorter than ideal 3-4 DE's but that hasn't stopped Doom at OLB. Price would probably be a first half of the first round guy but Atkins could slip to round 2.

Bronco LB52
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Texas Tech fires Mike Leach! Sounds like prior to the incident with Craig James' son, there was same bad blood between Leach and the administration. With Mark Mangino going under at KU due to player conduct, the school took advantage of the precedent and wound up saving themselves $800K since Leach was owed a bonus tomorrow.

Bronco LB52
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
At the Humanitarian Bowl, Taco's Idaho Vandals refused to dress in the Boise State locker room!

Bronco LB52
12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Mike Iupati, the Idaho All-American left guard (77), pancaked the first defensive lineman he faced in the Humanitarian Bowl!!!

Bronco LB52
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Freddie Barnes just torched the Vandals secondary for a TD. His 139th reception of the year. He's going to set the NCAA single-season record today.

bombay
12-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Rumor is Art Briles (Baylor) to replace Leach.

What Leach (allegedly) did was pretty bad, but so is publicizing it through daddy on espn. Don't know what to make of it. If Leach had told me at 21 (or whatever) that I had to go stand in the corner I'd have knocked the fat **** out.

gtown
12-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Mike Iupati has looked elite in both run and pass protection. Both powerful and fast. Looks like he needs a bit more situational awareness in pass protection, but his physical talent is obvious. If we can trade down in the first, would love to have him.

oubronco
12-30-2009, 02:47 PM

What Leach (allegedly) did was pretty bad, but so is publicizing it through daddy on espn. Don't know what to make of it. If Leach had told me at 21 (or whatever) that I had to go stand in the corner I'd have knocked the fat **** out.

Well Tech was good the downfall will begin

Bronco LB52
12-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Mike Iupati has looked elite in both run and pass protection. Both powerful and fast. Looks like he needs a bit more situational awareness in pass protection, but his physical talent is obvious. If we can trade down in the first, would love to have him.

He also plays with a mean streak. He finishes plays. He is always looking for somebody to hit.

Bronco LB52
12-30-2009, 02:59 PM

That's somewhat of a lateral move. When you weigh the pros and cons of coaching at Tech and Baylor, it's not that big of a difference.

bombay
12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
That's somewhat of a lateral move. When you weigh the pros and cons of coaching at Tech and Baylor, it's not that big of a difference.

Agree, and I think they're friends as well.

Just passing along a rumor.

Natedog24
12-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Wow what a crazy finish in Boise!

SouthStndJunkie
12-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Bowling Green WR Freddie Barnes with another huge game....17 catches for 219 yards and 3 TDs in the Humanitarian Bowl

Freddie Barnes stats on the year: 155 catches for 1770 yards and 19 TDs.

Idaho is going for the 2 point conversion to win the game....it's good.

Idaho 43

Bowling Green 42

broncocalijohn
12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
I watched the last :50 seconds of that game. I sure picked a great time to watch the best minute! Those teams from Idaho give it until the end of the game so I figured I shouldnt turn the channel with :32 seconds left. Glad I didnt. Great ending.

Garcia Bronco
12-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Az looking like crap. And Ne raska is playing well.

Kid A
12-30-2009, 08:31 PM
33-0.

Goodbye Suh, Asante, O'Hanlon, Turner, and Dillard. Truly one of the best defenses to ever play for the school, and they got sent out on a fitting note.

Nothing I've seen from Cody Green gives me great hope that he will ignite our offense next year, but on the whole we seemed to find some wrinkles that worked better tonight. Hopefully the added experience on o-line, WR, and QB will help this offense get up to a decent level to complement our solid RBs. Because, even with the loss of Suh and our safeties, this defense will be a force in 2010.

gunns
12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
In 1983 I had fantasies about getting a certain QB. When we did I was in total shock. I thought they were just fantasies and no chance whatsoever.

I am having fantasies about a certain DT from Nebraska. I hope to experience the shock again.

SouthStndJunkie
12-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Bo Pelini has the Huskers back on track.

Bronco Bob
12-30-2009, 10:21 PM
We definitely need to get that Suh kid for our team.

SoCalBronco
12-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I was so disappointed watching our effort last night while in Vegas. Very subpar performance, especially from Whipple's offense.

SouthStndJunkie
12-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Wisconsin, way to represent the Big 10.

No doubt....props to Wisconsin, way to represent the Big Ten.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Craig James and his son are even bigger vaginas than I thought.

From a NY Times column on the situation:

A person with direct knowledge of the tension between Leach and Texas Tech said that Craig James used his position at ESPN to lobby Texas Tech coaches for more playing time for his son.

“He called the coaches and implored them to play his son more and insinuated he would say good things about them on the air if they played his son more,” said the person, who was granted anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the issue. “At one point Leach said to James, ‘The next time your father leaves any of us a voice mail to that effect we’re going to play it to the entire team.’ ”

The person said Leach’s attorney sent a letter to ESPN executives informing them of this. An ESPN spokesman said that ESPN was not immediately available to comment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/sp...l/31leach.html

I hope Mike still has that tape. Hopefully he can threaten ESPN and James with it. I would love to see ESPN get some scrutiny and heat. Leach should instruct ESPN that either they fire James at once, or else he'll start publicizing this past event and providing these documents and letters to other competing sports outlets, i.e. CNNSI, Yahoo, Fox Sports etc. I would love to see that letter posted all over the internet. Both ESPN and James need to be brought to their knees and then kicked repeatedly while their down.

Texas Tech is playing with fire and is about to get burned. Leach is planning a lawsuit and has made it clear he will air all their dirty laundry...the emails from the AD and the Chancellor...everything. This is great. I love this. I will enjoy seeing these people ruined for what they've done. This will be a PR nightmare for the university because the media will lap it all up. I don't think the University and Craig James recognize the most important principle here....where the PR case goes, everything else will follow.

SouthStndJunkie
12-31-2009, 01:21 AM

I agree....Craig James is looking like a whiny douche right now.

24champ
12-31-2009, 02:26 AM

A person with direct knowledge of the tension between Leach and Texas Tech said that Craig James used his position at ESPN to lobby Texas Tech coaches for more playing time for his son.

“He called the coaches and implored them to play his son more and insinuated he would say good things about them on the air if they played his son more,” said the person, who was granted anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the issue. “At one point Leach said to James, ‘The next time your father leaves any of us a voice mail to that effect we’re going to play it to the entire team.’ ”

The person said Leach’s attorney sent a letter to ESPN executives informing them of this. An ESPN spokesman said that ESPN was not immediately available to comment.

I hope Mike still has that tape. Hopefully he can threaten ESPN and James with it. I would love to see ESPN get some scrutiny and heat. Leach should instruct ESPN that either they fire James at once, or else he'll start publicizing this past event and providing these documents and letters to other competing sports outlets, i.e. CNNSI, Yahoo, Fox Sports etc. I would love to see that letter posted all over the internet. Both ESPN and James need to be brought to their knees and then kicked repeatedly while their down.

Texas Tech is playing with fire and is about to get burned. Leach is planning a lawsuit and has made it clear he will air all their dirty laundry...the emails from the AD and the Chancellor...everything. This is great. I love this. I will enjoy seeing these people ruined for what they've done. This will be a PR nightmare for the university because the media will lap it all up. I don't think the University and Craig James recognize the most important principle here....where the PR case goes, everything else will follow.

I agree.

Check out these emails about that primadonna James...

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/19238949

I believe Texas Tech will fall off the CFB map, and will end up owing Leach a truckload of money. Just a stupid move.

Kid A
12-31-2009, 09:22 AM
I agree....Craig James is looking like a whiny douche right now.

True. BUT, is really does seem to me that Leach has handled this as poorly/arrogantly as possible. His job (and by extension the fate of the program he built) wouldn't have been at risk, IMO, if he had swallowed some pride and apologized behind closed doors.

TT also claims that Leach refused to cooperate at all with the investigation, something that frankly isn't surprising given what we know about his personality. I've enjoyed watching Leach's teams over the years, and his unusual personality was fun to see in the NCAA landscape.

If you are going to be a HC of a big-time program, though, you have to be more than an offensive genius. You have to be a politician and CEO, balancing nosy parents, boosters, recruits egos, and all the other added pressures that college football carries. It would seem to me that Leach has failed in that area.

He put his job and program he worked hard to build at great jeopardy all because of his feud with a whiny scrub WR and his hot-shot dad? Like everyone in a powerful position, you have to rise above those kinds of things and ensure the safety of the program you are paid to lead, not your personal ego.

oubronco
12-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Regardless Tech sucked before he got there and they will probably start sucking again now that he's gone

gunns
12-31-2009, 11:14 AM

While I agree with your post regarding the James, Leach has admitted locking him in the shed or whatever and it seems a Dr did say the kid had a concussion. With the scrutiny concussions are getting as far as football goes, Leach seems as weak as the James with his "exposure" threats. He was wrong. Reminds me of New Jack City when they get Snipes on the stand and he's going to expose "everyone". That being said, Daddy James needs to answer for his actions.

oubronco
12-31-2009, 11:14 AM
boomer

oubronco
12-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Damn Adrian Taylor just got his leg jacked

Bronco LB52
12-31-2009, 01:09 PM
**** I am pissed I didn't bet Stanford and take the 10 points.

24champ
12-31-2009, 01:24 PM
True. BUT, is really does seem to me that Leach has handled this as poorly/arrogantly as possible. His job (and by extension the fate of the program he built) wouldn't have been at risk, IMO, if he had swallowed some pride and apologized behind closed doors.

TT also claims that Leach refused to cooperate at all with the investigation, something that frankly isn't surprising given what we know about his personality. I've enjoyed watching Leach's teams over the years, and his unusual personality was fun to see in the NCAA landscape.

If you are going to be a HC of a big-time program, though, you have to be more than an offensive genius. You have to be a politician and CEO, balancing nosy parents, boosters, recruits egos, and all the other added pressures that college football carries. It would seem to me that Leach has failed in that area.

He put his job and program he worked hard to build at great jeopardy all because of his feud with a whiny scrub WR and his hot-shot dad? Like everyone in a powerful position, you have to rise above those kinds of things and ensure the safety of the program you are paid to lead, not your personal ego.

Leach is a quirky guy, a idiot he is not. He has a law degree from Pepperdine. So I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

Bottom line is they did it to save $$$$.

Reading those emails from James' former position coaches and teammates that he was a whiner and unmotivated makes this picture very clear to me. He showed up at practice wearing shades that were not allowed on the practice field and said he was "light-sensitive". OK -- you're not excused from practice. If you are too sensitive to be out here -- you can go hang out in the O-lineman shed (the one the lineman use to get out of the sun when it's hot - which has air conditioning, water and cardio bikes) while we practice. Then he tells an assistant to go with him to make sure he's actually doing cardio and not screwing off -which this player had a history of. If he got a bad report back about the effort in the shed, the next time he sends him to the utility room (not a closet) as punishment for being an entitled prima-donna not for a concussion.

There's no evidence that Leach ever abused a player or disregarded an injury or treatment. But he did have some "unique" disciplinary methods, including making a player move a desk to midfield and study while his teammates practiced. Espn's coverage had been biased and they haven't presented one quote in support of Leach other than his attorney. Doing cardio in an air-conditioned shed or standing/sitting in a utility room without a chair for a couple hours isn't going to hurt anybody.

Bottom line is TT made a bad decision, and they will pay.

24champ
12-31-2009, 01:30 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091231/capt.3b9455bb3556498cb6f80a1cb7609ae1.armed_forces _bow_air_force_houstonl_football_txtp101.jpg

MWC goes 4-0 in bowl games so far with Air Force destroying Houston 47-20.

Bronco LB52
12-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Leach is a quirky guy, a idiot he is not. He has a law degree from Pepperdine. So I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

Bottom line is they did it to save $$$$.

Reading those emails from James' former position coaches and teammates that he was a whiner and unmotivated makes this picture very clear to me. He showed up at practice wearing shades that were not allowed on the practice field and said he was "light-sensitive". OK -- you're not excused from practice. If you are too sensitive to be out here -- you can go hang out in the O-lineman shed (the one the lineman use to get out of the sun when it's hot - which has air conditioning, water and cardio bikes) while we practice. Then he tells an assistant to go with him to make sure he's actually doing cardio and not screwing off -which this player had a history of. If he got a bad report back about the effort in the shed, the next time he sends him to the utility room (not a closet) as punishment for being an entitled prima-donna not for a concussion.

There's no evidence that Leach ever abused a player or disregarded an injury or treatment. But he did have some "unique" disciplinary methods, including making a player move a desk to midfield and study while his teammates practiced. Espn's coverage had been biased and they haven't presented one quote in support of Leach other than his attorney. Doing cardio in an air-conditioned shed or standing/sitting in a utility room without a chair for a couple hours isn't going to hurt anybody.

Bottom line is TT made a bad decision, and they will pay.

Great post. I agree with everything you said.

Bronco LB52
12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
I also I wanted to add this kid was allowed to sit down during a football practice.

If anybody has been to a football practice, nobody is allowed to sit down. If somebody sits on their helmet, the coach is making him do 100 up-downs.

Football is not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be a boot camp environment.

Society is getting soft. Pretty soon all football players who letter will be getting an All-American trophy for their participation.

jhns
12-31-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't get what Texas Tech or Kansas were thinking. Both programs just fired the coaches that took them from nothing to some of the best years in their history. I'm pretty sure Kansas had its only BCS bowl game under the fatty. His worst year was one of the best years in that schools history. I do like Gill(the replacement) but I don't get why you would fire your best ever coach in the first place. Leach may have deserved it but we don't really know the entire story. Even if he did, it is going to really hurt that program.

Oh well, at least Nebraska will have an easier conference.

Bronco LB52
12-31-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't get what Texas Tech or Kansas were thinking. Both programs just fired the coaches that took them from nothing to some of the best years in their history. I'm pretty sure Kansas had its only BCS bowl game under the fatty. His worst year was one of the best years in that schools history. I do like Gill(the replacement) but I don't get why you would fire your best ever coach in the first place. Leach may have deserved it but we don't really know the entire story. Even if he did, it is going to really hurt that program.

Oh well, at least Nebraska will have an easier conference.

Everybody was riding high in Lawrence when Kansas started the season 5-0. Mangino lost his next seven straight to end the season and it seemed like they were throwing dirt out there to ruin his reputation and get rid of him. Very sleazy!

I guess when you're winning people tend to look the other way and not care what you do at practice.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2009, 01:52 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091231/capt.3b9455bb3556498cb6f80a1cb7609ae1.armed_forces _bow_air_force_houstonl_football_txtp101.jpg

There goes my 4 teamer. Thankfully, I didn't put that much on it.

Orange4Life
12-31-2009, 02:02 PM

Awesome! Taking respect by kicking ass every game!

Kid A
12-31-2009, 03:57 PM
:rofl:

@Missouri. Got absolutely trounced by Navy. Midshipmen have a pretty good program going, but I just didn't see this woodshed beating coming. Doubled them up in about every statistical category. Hilarious.

DBroncos4life
12-31-2009, 06:53 PM
:rofl:

@Missouri. Got absolutely trounced by Navy. Midshipmen have a pretty good program going, but I just didn't see this woodshed beating coming. Doubled them up in about every statistical category. Hilarious.

That is what Gabbert (both of em) have to look forward too ;D

bombay
01-01-2010, 10:47 AM
The condition of the field for Penn St/LSU is pathetic.

Northwestern pulls even with Auburn at 21, looking for th3eir first bowl win since 1949.

Noel Devine with an early TD for W Va, 14-3 over free shoes.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 11:39 AM
The Northwestern versus Auburn Outback Bowl game has been awesome.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 11:45 AM
The Northwestern kicker missed from 44 yards out to win the game....going to OT.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Northwestern's kicker sucks ass.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Northwestern goes for the fake FG to win the game in OT....and they don't make it.

Auburn wins.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Speaking of kickers....Nebraska's kicker, Alex Henery, is going to be a great kicker in the NFL.

It looks like he is only a junior this year.

Rocket 7
01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Penn St. wins 19-17

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Nice win for Penn State over LSU today.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Nice to see Florida State get a win for Bobby Bowden today.

Kid A
01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Speaking of kickers....Nebraska's kicker, Alex Henery, is going to be a great kicker in the NFL.

It looks like he is only a junior this year.

Yes. Really hope he comes back (by all accounts he is) because our offense needs at least one stud, even if it is our kicker.

Solid punter, too.

TexanBob
01-01-2010, 04:07 PM
What's really impressive about Navy is that they are successful while being only able to recruit guys with no pretense of ever having a career in pro football. Their players have a five-year commitment to serve once they graduate (which has been waived in rare occasions) so you know a lot of players with NFL dreams have no interest in going to any of the military schools. That's why I'm so impressed with what the Middies and the Falcons are able to do on the football field.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I am surprised to find myself rooting for Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

Go Big Ten.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Beautiful snag by Posey for the TD.

Ohio State 26

Oregon 17

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Oregon misses a FG that would have cut the lead to 6.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Big Ten has represented themselves pretty well in the bowl games this year.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Florida is probably going to roll Nati.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 06:55 PM
23-0 Florida.

I figured they would roll today.

SouthStndJunkie
01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Tim Tebow: 20/23 for 321 yards passing and 3 TDs in the first half.

gunns
01-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Awesome! Taking respect by kicking ass every game!

Hell yes! I believe MWC holds the record for most bowl wins per games played.

gunns
01-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Nice to see Florida State get a win for Bobby Bowden today.

Yes it was. They played with heart today. I was also impressed with their slaughter of BYU this year. Of course I always love any team that beats BYU, so I love a lot of teams.

AlphaOmega
01-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Tim Tebow: 20/23 for 321 yards passing and 3 TDs in the first half.

Tebow with almost 550 yards of total offense by himself. :strong:

Archer81
01-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Billick sure loves to talk about himself, doesnt he.

:Broncos:

Bronco LB52
01-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Here's a list of Senior Bowl participants as of January 1.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Arkansas versus East Carolina getting ready to kick off in the Liberty Bowl.

I enjoy watching Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett sling the rock.

Kid A
01-02-2010, 02:38 PM
This Cotton Bowl might be the worst offensive game (both sides) I've seen since the Nebraska-Iowa St debacle. Both teams with 5 turnovers. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Michigan State and Texas Tech are playing in the Alamo Bowl right now.

Greg Jones, LB, Michigan State is a player that usually impresses me every time I see him.

PaintballCLE
01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Big Ten has represented themselves pretty well in the bowl games this year.

especially michigan........oh wait..........nevermind!

:wave:

GO BUCKS!

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 07:19 PM
especially michigan........oh wait..........nevermind!

:wave:

GO BUCKS!

I was rooting for your Buckeyes yesterday for the sake of the Big Ten.

PaintballCLE
01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
I was rooting for your Buckeyes yesterday for the sake of the Big Ten.

and for the sake michigan might never make another one........so if you cant beat em.........join em! haha

SoCalBronco
01-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey SSJ,

I read that Rich Rod was pimping himself for the T.T. job. Thoughts?

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Hey SSJ,

I read that Rich Rod was pimping himself for the T.T. job. Thoughts?

I have not heard that yet....but I will write him a letter of recommendation.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 08:20 PM
If Rich Rod wants to leave....don't let the door hit him in the ass.

I am willing to be patient and give him a 3rd year....but we need to start seeing some positive results in 2010.

3 wins and 13 losses in the Big Ten in the last 2 years is inexcusable.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Sparty takes the lead on Texas Tech 21-20 early in the 3rd quarter.

gyldenlove
01-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Here's a list of Senior Bowl participants as of January 1.

http://www.seniorbowl.com/rosters.asp

From that list I expect big things from Lafell, Ciron Black, Patrick Robinson (future Bronco) and Taylor Mays.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 08:38 PM
From that list I expect big things from Lafell, Ciron Black, Patrick Robinson (future Bronco) and Taylor Mays.

I think you will see the draft stock of Taylor Mays drop.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Texas Tech takes the lead again....27-21.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Sparty regains the lead....28-27 with 1:18 left in the 3rd quarter.

Good game.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Sparty sophomore WR Keshawn Martin is a player to keep an eye on in the next few years.

It seems like he is really starting to come on late this season. He is pretty electric.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Michigan State 31

Texas Tech 27

8:05 left in the 4th quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Texas Tech answers.

Texas Tech 34

Michigan State 31

5:03 left in the 3rd quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Dumb pass by Kirk Cousins for the trINT.

broncocalijohn
01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
TT taking a nice 4th down chance and paid off. Up by 10. BTW, is there a worse place kicker in the NCAA than that of the ECU kicker? Dude sucks ass. Anyone that is a kicker and ways 230 pounds probably sucks. Cant they find a soccer player that can kick? They blew it to win that bowl game.

SouthStndJunkie
01-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Texas Tech wins 41-31 in the Alamo Bowl.

Nice effort by Michigan State after having 14 players suspended for the game.