PDA

View Full Version : General College Football Thread 2009

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SoCalBronco
11-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Besides Notre Dame, what are some of the other potential openings? I thought Michigan should have pursued Kelly instead of Rodriguez. Another coach you have to wonder about is Patterson from TCU. Its hard to imagine some team not pursuing him.

Illinois- It's not a high profile job, but it is in a major conference. I think Illini boosters expected something more than 2-6 with Juice Williams and Arrelious Benn.

Georgia-This shouldn't be an opening, because Richt has done a fine job and most of his success has been recent, but they really underachieved last year given they were preseason No. 1 (losing their LT hurt) and this year is going pretty ugly for them. I've been hearing some things, although IMO it would be a mistake on their part.

UCLA- This might be one year premature, but after starting out 3-0, they've lost 5 in a row and they'll probably lose to USC again. Neuheisel and Chow aren't looking too much different than Dorrell (in fact, Dorrell is looking slightly better). At the outset, it was thought that Neuheisel would have them in a BCS bowl (or at least a high second tier bowl) in just a few years and then leave the program on probation. Well...they're not even going to make any bowl for the second year in a row and he still might leave them on probation. Still...its only been two years...I think they'll give him one more. This is the sleeping giant of college football. They have a perfect recipe for success...great school, great women, great location, alot of resources and alumni, but outside of the late 90s and 1993, they haven't been in the national discussion in the modern era.

Arizona State- They're just kind of middling and I think they expected more success from Dennis Erickson. If they don't make a bowl, he could be out.

lex
11-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Illinois- It's not a high profile job, but it is in a major conference. I think Illini boosters expected something more than 2-6 with Juice Williams and Arrelious Benn.

Good Call. I actually thought of CU first but then I thought of them possibly not wanting to pay Hawkins and I also thought that Kelly might actually be better off at Cincy given its proximity to good recruits (Colorado vs Ohio). Illinois has access to Ohio and is in a conference more cache than the Big East, fair or not.

Georgia-This shouldn't be an opening, because Richt has done a fine job and most of his success has been recent, but they really underachieved last year given they were preseason No. 1 (losing their LT hurt) and this year is going pretty ugly for them. I've been hearing some things, although IMO it would be a mistake on their part.

I was thinking about this yesterday during the game and I agree with you. Realistically, when a couple of teams are at the top of their game in terms of recruiting and coaching competence, theyre generally tough to beat even for other SEC schools who also have access to good recruits. But youre talking about a lot of pressure at some of these schools and expectations that dont always acknowledge the advantages that other schools have. Expectations make it a bottom line business in the SEC. And with that loss of Georgia to Tennessee, it might have eaten into Georgias recruiting.

UCLA- This might be one year premature, but after starting out 3-0, they've lost 5 in a row and they'll probably lose to USC again. Neuheisel and Chow aren't looking too much different than Dorrell (in fact, Dorrell is looking slightly better). At the outset, it was thought that Neuheisel would have them in a BCS bowl (or at least a high second tier bowl) in just a few years and then leave the program on probation. Well...they're not even going to make any bowl for the second year in a row and he still might leave them on probation. Still...its only been two years...I think they'll give him one more. This is the sleeping giant of college football. They have a perfect recipe for success...great school, great women, great location, alot of resources and alumni, but outside of the late 90s and 1993, they haven't been in the national discussion in the modern era.

Interesting. Id like to see UCLA become a bigger player for a couple of reasons: 1) Id like to see USC have to split recruits the way the Florida schools have had to and, 2) UCLA has meant good things for Florida fans. They beat USC in 2006, which let Florida into the NC game where they trounced Ohio State. They also played UCLA twice in the final four and won. Id like to see it start to go their way in football...not at Florida's expense though.

Arizona State- They're just kind of middling and I think they expected more success from Dennis Erickson. If they don't make a bowl, he could be out.

I see Arizona State being similar to Colorado where Kelly is concerned. Could be wrong though. Kelly does seem to have a skill at working with and developing QBs though and it does seem like the two Arizon schools get some decent QB prospects from time to time.

in bold

SoCalBronco
11-01-2009, 09:49 AM
in bold

Good post. I forgot about CU. Yeah..its a hefty buyout but Herc, who seems to be very knowledgeable about CU stuff, has been strongly suggesting that they have the money and will get a settlement done.

SoCalBronco
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Looks like Notre Dame is pussying out. I don't blame them, though. A couple more great recruiting classes and we'd blow those guys the **** out in one half of football.

Notre Dame ducking Miami series?

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said in April he wanted to renew the football series with Miami. But Swarbrick now isn't returning calls, and UM believes he's no longer interested because he never responded to two UM proposals (including a home-and-home series and/or a neutral site game).

Miami Herald

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/126550?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI

24champ
11-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Go Zoomies!

Going to Falcon Stadium soon to see them take on Army. Should be a fun game.

Rohirrim
11-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm hoping CU can at least show some shred of respectability against Texas A&M.

oubronco
11-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Iowa goes down to NorthWestern

Rohirrim
11-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Hansen is playing an excellent game for CU.

Dagmar
11-07-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm hoping CU can at least show some shred of respectability against Texas A&M.

21 - 21 :strong:

Dagmar
11-07-2009, 01:53 PM
CU wins 35 - 34

NFLBRONCO
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM
This will save Hawks job

Rocket 7
11-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Navy beats Notre Dame

Kid A
11-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Might be a down year for both programs, but I still love an OU-NU game. Our offense looked predictably awful, but the defensive performance was incredible. First time OU hasn't scored a TD since John Blake was their coach. Wow. Nice way to get a W against a rival that has had our number lately.

NFLBRONCO
11-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Navy beats Notre Dame

Navy deserved it they played well all day. Have to give CB's credit for playing very very well all day.

NFLBRONCO
11-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Might be a down year for both programs, but I still love an OU-NU game. Our offense looked predictably awful, but the defensive performance was incredible. First time OU hasn't scored a TD since John Blake was their coach. Wow. Nice way to get a W against a rival that has had our number lately.

Stoops is so Overrated imo. It helped not facing Bradford

TexanBob
11-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Houston came from behind to pull out a win against Tulsa. After failing to tie the game on a 2-pt conversion with :40 left, Houston recovered the on-side kick and drove to the 34 yard line with :03 left. Their placekicker's career long was 34 yards but he stepped up and drilled a 52-yarder with room to spare for a 46-45 thriller. Case Keenum passed for 522 yards!

SoCalBronco
11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
June Jones is pulling off another miracle....this time in Dallas. His Run and Shoot offense has the SMU Mustangs one win away from bowl eligibility with three games to play (all very winnable). Looks like SMU will go to its first bowl game since 1984.

Watch out for SMU. Coach Jones says another recruiting class and a half and they'll be really competitive. Personally, I wouldn't be shocked if in two years, they are the kings of Conference USA.

TexanBob
11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
June Jones is pulling off another miracle....this time in Dallas. His Run and Shoot offense has the SMU Mustangs one win away from bowl eligibility with three games to play (all very winnable). Looks like SMU will go to its first bowl game since 1984.

Watch out for SMU. Coach Jones says another recruiting class and a half and they'll be really competitive. Personally, I wouldn't be shocked if in two years, they are the kings of Conference USA.

I guess that will mark how long the NCAA's "Death Penalty" actually lasts.

TheChamp24
11-09-2009, 11:02 AM

Landry Jones was just beyond awful, I'll give the Nebraska D some props, but with even a decent QB performance OU wins. I don't really like Landry and think it will be difficult in the future years with him at QB because he is indecisive, isn't accurate enough and tries to scramble too early.

Stoops is so Overrated imo. It helped not facing Bradford

Yeah, I guess it is easy replacing 4 OL, an All-American TE, a Heisman Trophy winning QB and 2 starting WR's all in the same offseason/season.

SouthStndJunkie
11-13-2009, 11:45 PM
#5 Cincinnati stayed undefeated (10-0) with a 24-21 win over #25 West Virginia (7-3) tonight.

lex
11-14-2009, 06:43 AM
#5 Cincinnati stayed undefeated (10-0) with a 24-21 win over #25 West Virginia (7-3) tonight.
Rejoice!

elsid13
11-14-2009, 06:46 AM

it was better game then I expected. But Big East Football sucks.

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Stanford @ USC starting. This will be a good game. This is the QB I want for the Broncos in two or three years; Barkley.

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Wisconsin smashed Michigan.

Iowa has an early 3-0 lead over Ohio State.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Talkins about to be down 17-3 in Ames, don't think this game is on TV anywhere. Buffs penalties extended ISU's 1st scroring drive 3 times, 2 on 3rd down and a personal foul on a punt. Dan is sitting at 2 road wins in his 4th season. A loss today is #7, making him the only CU coach to have 0 winning seasons in his first 4 years. Dude can't be gone quick enough.

TexanBob
11-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Stanford now up 14-0 on USC.

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Jim Harbaugh is making USC pay for turning it over.

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 01:35 PM

Jim Harbaugh is on my short list of coaches I want to see replace Rich Rodriguez in a year or two....if he does not turn it around.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-14-2009, 01:36 PM
RichRod doesn't have a year or two

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 01:39 PM
RichRod doesn't have a year or two

As a Michigan fan, I hope not....but I think they still give him next year to try and get it going in the right direction because the team is so young and inexperienced.

This year started out nice....but the last 6 games have been pathetic.

Greg Robinson is the defensive coordinator and sucks as bad as he did at Kansas City and Syracuse.

SJ Bronco
11-14-2009, 01:52 PM
How you like my Cardinal now baby!? Rose bowl on the line if we can finish in the second half

SJ Bronco
11-14-2009, 01:53 PM
.he recruits like a mother. His recruits the past two years have been incredible!

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 02:12 PM
USC really misses Damian Williams out there. They just look out of synch.

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Iowa just blew a golden opportunity to tie the game up.

NFLBRONCO
11-14-2009, 02:27 PM
As a Michigan fan, I hope not....but I think they still give him next year to try and get it going in the right direction because the team is so young and inexperienced.

This year started out nice....but the last 6 games have been pathetic.

Greg Robinson is the defensive coordinator and sucks as bad as he did at Kansas City and Syracuse.

Yep Rich and dan Hawkins need to be FIRED

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 02:39 PM
This is the first time I've watched Andrew Luck. Kind of reminds me of another Stanford QB from long ago. ;D

SJ Bronco
11-14-2009, 02:41 PM
This is the first time I've watched Andrew Luck. Kind of reminds me of another Stanford QB from long ago. ;D

That's what a lot of the alumni have been saying. He's smart with the ball, has a great arm, but he needs to get more accurate. Turns the ball over very few times though. Good smart kid

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Ohio State and Iowa tied up 10-10 going into the 4th quarter.

Rohirrim
That's what a lot of the alumni have been saying. He's smart with the ball, has a great arm, but he needs to get more accurate. Turns the ball over very few times though. Good smart kid

What reminds me of Elway is his scrambling and running ability.

Rohirrim
Big stop by USC.

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I figured Ohio State would wear them down and beat them easily at 'The Shoe'.

bombay
11-14-2009, 02:46 PM
another bad day for the Buffs.

NFLBRONCO
11-14-2009, 02:51 PM

At least they play thursday to get another game over with. I already suffered through Fairbanks era now this thanks Dan.

bombay
11-14-2009, 02:52 PM
At least they play thursday to get another game over with. I already suffered through Fairbanks era now this thanks Dan.

Hopefully we're near the end.

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 02:55 PM
SC scores.

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 02:55 PM

I can't stand to listen anymore. What's the score now?

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Wow! This Luck is an impressive QB. Excellent name too. Looks like the Trojans are locking in the Weedwhacker Bowl. I'm just not having a good college season.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Wow! This Luck is an impressive QB. Excellent name too. Looks like the Trojans are locking in the Weedwhacker Bowl. I'm just not having a good college season.

Hopefully U$C will be spending Christmas in beautiful El Paso.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-14-2009, 03:10 PM
I can't stand to listen anymore. What's the score now?

The final was only 17-10, but it was Iowa freaking St.

3 1st and goals, 3 points.

BTW, a big congrats to Bryce Givens for somehow managing 2 personal foul penalties on the same play and giving CU a 1st and Goal from the ISU 39.

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 03:12 PM
This game is ovah! Stanford takes an INT to the house.

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 03:13 PM
The final was only 17-10, but it was Iowa freaking St.

3 1st and goals, 3 points.

BTW, a big congrats to Bryce Givens for somehow managing 2 personal foul penalties on the same play and giving CU a 1st and Goal from the ISU 39.

I remember when Iowa State was a rest stop for the Buffs. :pity:

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 03:13 PM

And where will Miami be? :~ohyah!:

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:14 PM
And where will Miami be? :~ohyah!:

Probably the Gator or Peach. Nothing awesome......but better than El Paso. :)

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 03:17 PM
The Pac 10 has become very interesting. Oregon has the strangest offense I've ever seen. Arizona and Stanford are in the final group. It's going to be a fight to the Rose Bowl.

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh well. USC is a very young team. These ass kickings will be good character builders for them. ;D

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh well. USC is a very young team. These ass kickings will be good character builders for them. ;D

U$C is pretty young that's true....but 48-21 at home vs. Stanford? Come on, dude.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:29 PM
OMG what a play. That just killed us. That will be on Sportscenter.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM
The play will come back, that's a forward toss.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:37 PM
That's a horrible call on the challenge. You can't advance your own fumble you ****ing morons. You cost us the game you piece of ****, ref.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Jimmy Graham scores. We should be ahead by 1 if not for these moron refs. Now the D will have to force a punt.

Rohirrim
11-14-2009, 03:43 PM
U$C is pretty young that's true....but 48-21 at home vs. Stanford? Come on, dude.

Stanford hung 51 on Oregon last week.

Kid A
11-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Helu Jr looks healthy for the first time in a while, and Nebraska pulls away late against KU for a 31-17 win. Good improvement from the offense. KSU game for the Big XII north title next week. Looking forward to it.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:50 PM
We're pretty much done here, unless we can stop them on 3rd and UNC also misses the FG.

In other news, SMU is going bowling for the first time since I was 4.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2009, 03:53 PM
UNC makes the FG. We lost. :(

24champ
11-14-2009, 04:14 PM

Hopefully Las Vegas.

Pit them against Utes or BYU. Though the BYU fans are probably sick of the LV bowl, they would definitely get up for playing USC.

24champ
11-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Watching game of the week. #14 Utes in Fort Worth, TX to take on the #4 TCU Frogs.

http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f7fc4c588330120a69ec7fd970b-800wi

TexanBob
11-14-2009, 07:18 PM
TCU leads Utah, 41-14, midway through the 3rd quarter.

The more I study the BCS standings, I believe that TCU running the table helps Texas get into the National Championship Game.

Right now, Cincinnati is #5 in both the people polls and the BCS standings but they are #3 (behind both SEC finalists) in the computer polls. With the way the Big XII has turned to mush, the computers have determined that the Big East is actually better this year than the Big XII, hence an undefeated Cincinnati will beat out an undefeated Texas if the computers are the deciding factor.

Right now, the Bearcats can't get close enough to Texas in the people polls for that to matter but when the SEC Championship Game loser falls, TCU may be the only buffer between Texas and Cincinnati in the people polls. If, at the end, Texas is #2 in the people polls and Cincinnati is #3, Cincy might get into the title game with a stronger computer ranking. Therefore, TCU's winning helps keep Texas ahead.

Meanwhile, the Froggies don't have the SOS to leap over Texas but they're running interference for the Horns by being #4 and dominating some good MWC teams to keep their people poll position solid.

Kid A
11-14-2009, 07:37 PM
TCU leads Utah, 41-14, midway through the 3rd quarter.

The more I study the BCS standings, I believe that TCU running the table helps Texas get into the National Championship Game.

Right now, Cincinnati is #5 in both the people polls and the BCS standings but they are #3 (behind both SEC finalists) in the computer polls. With the way the Big XII has turned to mush, the computers have determined that the Big East is actually better this year than the Big XII, hence an undefeated Cincinnati will beat out an undefeated Texas if the computers are the deciding factor.

Right now, the Bearcats can't get close enough to Texas in the people polls for that to matter but when the SEC Championship Game loser falls, TCU may be the only buffer between Texas and Cincinnati in the people polls. If, at the end, Texas is #2 in the people polls and Cincinnati is #3, Cincy might get into the title game with a stronger computer ranking. Therefore, TCU's winning helps keep Texas ahead.

Meanwhile, the Froggies don't have the SOS to leap over Texas but they're running interference for the Horns by being #4 and dominating some good MWC teams to keep their people poll position solid.

This all becomes a moot point when Nebraska beats you in the Big XII title game.

:P

bombay
11-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Texas should, and will, win the Big XII championship game by 4 TDs (or more). Whoever comes out of the North.

Kid A
11-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Texas should, and will, win the Big XII championship game by 4 TDs (or more). Whoever comes out of the North.

I would guess they probably will cruise into the BCS title game...but I'm not locking them in yet. Road game against arch rival A&M should never be overlooked. Nebraska has only allowed more than 17 pts in a game once this season, so I honestly don't see them suddenly rolling over for the Horns.

The South is way better than the North, no doubt, and Texas looks legit. But we've seen this script before in the Big XII title game: national title contender gets upset by major underdog.

Texas shocks Nebraska in 96.
A&M over previously unbeated KSU in 98.
Colorado over Texas in 01.
K-State over OU in 03.

I guarantee no matter who comes out of the North it won't be a replay of the 05 Colorado beatdown.

24champ
11-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm praying for a Big12 upset of Texas. A Non-AQ team in the BCS 'Ship? Gonna have to let the MWC be an AQ league soon. Especially with the forthcoming expansion, MWC will invite Boise State this summer to the league.

Plus, I gotta feeling that Saban doesn't want to face another MWC team.;D

This TCU is legit, they have the fastest team in the nation.

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 10:11 PM
True freshman Pitt RB Dion Lewis is a workhorse stud.

152 rushing yards against Notre Dame tonight.

That gives him 1291 rushing yards on the year.

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 10:28 PM
I thought Iowa made a foolish decision today with the game tied up 24-24.

They got the ball back with 52 seconds left in the 4th quarter at their 33 yard line. I think they still had 2 time outs....and they chose to run out the clock and take it to OT....and they quickly lost. 52 seconds is an eternity in college football with the clock stoppages on first downs.

I know they had a freshman backup QB in....but on the road, as underdogs, you take the chance to win when you have the chance. They only needed about 35 yards for a realistic FG chance.

Kid A
11-14-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm praying for a Big12 upset of Texas. A Non-AQ team in the BCS 'Ship? Gonna have to let the MWC be an AQ league soon. Especially with the forthcoming expansion, MWC will invite Boise State this summer to the league.

Plus, I gotta feeling that Saban doesn't want to face another MWC team.;D

This TCU is legit, they have the fastest team in the nation.

I wasn't able to see much of the TCU game, but what I saw in highlights was impressive. I hadn't realized until this weekend they were all the way up to #4. This feels like a very fitting year for a non-BCS conference team to barge into the title game. Probably won't happen (Texas seems to be hitting their stride finally), but it's fun to imagine.

SouthStndJunkie
11-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Former New York Jets WR Al Toon's kid is a sophomore WR at Wisconsin.

Nick Toon looks like he has the skills to play on Sundays in a few years.

Good size at 6'3 212 pounds and smooth....with decent speed.

TexanBob
11-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I would guess they probably will cruise into the BCS title game...but I'm not locking them in yet. Road game against arch rival A&M should never be overlooked. Nebraska has only allowed more than 17 pts in a game once this season, so I honestly don't see them suddenly rolling over for the Horns.

The South is way better than the North, no doubt, and Texas looks legit. But we've seen this script before in the Big XII title game: national title contender gets upset by major underdog.

Texas shocks Nebraska in 96.
A&M over previously unbeated KSU in 98.
Colorado over Texas in 01.
K-State over OU in 03.

I guarantee no matter who comes out of the North it won't be a replay of the 05 Colorado beatdown.

I totally agree. It would be poetic justice if a 3-TD underdog Nebraska surprised Texas like the 3-TD underdog Longhorns stunned Nebraska in '96.

Not that I'd want it to happen, of course. 2001 still smarts.

It's easy to assume Texas has a green light to the big enchilada but the Aggies are schizophrenic and always seem to save their best game for the Longhorns. There's talent there. It just doesn't seem to sustain itself over 60 minutes.

Nebraska, too, is an uneven performer. I haven't been too impressed with the interior offensive line at Texas which means Suh could spend a lot of time in the backfield. But I don't think the Huskers have the offense to stay with Texas. They'd need to win a low-scoring game, just as they did with Oklahoma.

And Nebraska still has to get past K-State and Colorado before they punch their ticket. Given the way this seasons has gone, neither of those games are sure Ws.

TexanBob
11-15-2009, 12:02 AM
I thought Iowa made a foolish decision today with the game tied up 24-24.

They got the ball back with 52 seconds left in the 4th quarter at their 33 yard line. I think they still had 2 time outs....and they chose to run out the clock and take it to OT....and they quickly lost. 52 seconds is an eternity in college football with the clock stoppages on first downs.

I know they had a freshman backup QB in....but on the road, as underdogs, you take the chance to win when you have the chance. They only needed about 35 yards for a realistic FG chance.

I agree with this. Even though Iowa's receivers played today like they were wearing handcuffs, you have to take the chance on the road, even if you have to runs some safe screens and draws to get down the field.

SouthStndJunkie
11-15-2009, 12:06 AM
I agree with this. Even though Iowa's receivers played today like they were wearing handcuffs, you have to take the chance on the road, even if you have to runs some safe screens and draws to get down the field.

Yep....Iowa could have called 3 somewhat safe plays to try and get some yardage and then went to OT if need be....but to not try at all proved foolish.

SJ Bronco
11-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Big game Vs Cal next week. It's been a while since the big game has meant anything, but my Cal alumni buddies are geeked that they get a shot to ruin it for us. It's gonna be fun!

Kid A
11-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Nebraska, too, is an uneven performer. I haven't been too impressed with the interior offensive line at Texas which means Suh could spend a lot of time in the backfield. But I don't think the Huskers have the offense to stay with Texas. They'd need to win a low-scoring game, just as they did with Oklahoma.

And Nebraska still has to get past K-State and Colorado before they punch their ticket. Given the way this seasons has gone, neither of those games are sure Ws.

Yep. When Helu is healthy (which it looks like he might be again) we do have a threat to break big runs. And Niles Paul has come up with big catches...but our o-line self-destructs in the red-zone (i seriously think they become retarded when we cross the 20), and our QB play is erratic at best. It would have to be an OU-like multiple turnover day. Which is unlikely given Colt McCoy is not Landry Jones.

K-state and CU certainly aren't automatic. CU game actually has no impact on the north--the winner of KSU at NU next week will "win" the North. I'm looking forward to it, though. A bit of a throwback to the 90s. Could be a fun matchup.

Are there any kitty fans left on this board? I remember we had the beloved Saulbadguy, who so strangely disappeared for the duration of the Ron Prince era. I seem to remember Crushaholic actually being a pretty cool KSU fan.

Anyway, don't forget your power towels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4&feature=fvste3

Hercules Rockefeller
11-15-2009, 08:59 AM
K-state and CU certainly aren't automatic. CU game actually has no impact on the north--the winner of KSU at NU next week will "win" the North. I'm looking forward to it, though. A bit of a throwback to the 90s. Could be a fun matchup.

Suh will be in CU's backfield all game, their OL has to be the worst in D1. Sounds like the decision has been made to fire Talkins, whether that's formally done before or after the game, I think everyone will know what's happening one way or the other. The team has pretty much quit on him anyways. That game will be about as automatic as it can get, will probably be a "home" game for all intents and purposes too.

SJ Bronco
11-15-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.dailycal.org/photos/20081212/103885-11.20.toby.courtesy.davidgonzales-01.jpg

Arm tackles? Phst...please!

SouthStndJunkie
11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Central Michigan plays Ball State tonight on ESPN 2.

Central Michigan QB Dan LeFevour is an intriguing pro prospect.

He actually has better college statistics than Tim Tebow.

11,656 career passing yards and 92 career passing TDs with 2,802 career rushing yards and 45 career rushing TDs.

Rocket 7
11-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Central Michigan plays Ball State tonight on ESPN 2.

Central Michigan QB Dan LeFevour is an intriguing pro prospect.

He actually has better college statistics than Tim Tebow.

11,656 career passing yards and 92 career passing TDs with 2,802 career rushing yards and 45 career rushing TDs.

What is his stats against the big boys? How well did he play against the likes of a Big Ten School?

SouthStndJunkie
11-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Raiders bench Russell for Gradkowski

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/18/raiders-bench-russell-for-gradkowski/

Posted by Mike Florio on November 18, 2009 6:01 PM ET

The JaMarcus Russell era has ended.

For now.

Raiders coach Tom Cable, who yanked Russell for Bruce Gradkowski during Sunday's 16-10 loss to the Chiefs, said Wednesday that Gradkowski is the new starter.

Per RaiderBeat.com, Cable called the move an "easy decision."

Through nine starts in 2009, Russell has a passer rating of 47.7, with two touchdown passes and nine interceptions. For his career, the first overall pick in the 2007 draft has a passer rating of 65.5.

Gradkowski's first Raiders start will come against the 7-2 Bengals. The former Toledo Rocket started 11 games as a Buccaneers rookie in 2006 and one with the Browns in 2008.

SouthStndJunkie
11-18-2009, 05:11 PM
What is his stats against the big boys? How well did he play against the likes of a Big Ten School?

The MAC is a solid conference that can hang with a lot of good teams.

I know he threw for 328 yards and 3 TDs when they beat Michigan State earlier in the year.

Not sure exactly how his game will translate to the pro level....but the MAC has put some good QBs in the NFL in the last several years.

DBroncos4life
11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
The MAC is a solid conference that can hang with a lot of good teams.

I know he threw for 328 yards and 3 TDs when they beat Michigan State earlier in the year.

Not sure exactly how his game will translate to the pro level....but the MAC has put some good QBs in the NFL in the last several years.

This years draft is going to be loaded with good QB's combine that with what should end up being a flooded draft with underclassmen there should end up with good value for teams looking for mid round QBs.

SouthStndJunkie
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM
WR Antonio Brown is Central Michigan's version of Percy Harvin when he was at Florida.

Stud WR, he runs the ball, and is a dangerous return man.

He is a junior....I wonder if he declares or comes back for his senior year?

DBroncos4life
11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
WR Antonio Brown is Central Michigan's version of Percy Harvin when he was at Florida.

Stud WR, he runs the ball, and is a dangerous return man.

He is a junior....I wonder if he declares or comes back for his senior year?

I don't know anything about him but if he is good enough to get drafted in the first two rounds this year I would think he leaves. I can't imagine anyone risking them not getting a new CBA in place before the 2011 draft.

SouthStndJunkie
11-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Colorado versus Oklahoma State on ESPN tonight.

NFLBRONCO
11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Colorado versus Oklahoma State on ESPN tonight.

Go OKla ST stomp CU please dump Hawkins.

TexanBob
11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Okie St. still has an outside chance at a BCS bowl. They'd need some big breaks to get there but it's not impossible.

oubronco
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Okie St. still has an outside chance at a BCS bowl. They'd need some big breaks to get there but it's not impossible.

No Zac Robinson

TexanBob
11-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Still good enough to beat CU...barely. They calculated they could get away with it this week to make sure Robinson was healthy enough to play Oklahoma next week. It almost cost them but they survived and still have an outside chance at a BCS bowl if Texas wins out and a few other second-place teams in other conferences stumble.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Whew! Buffs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, at least Fowler said 2 times during the game that he's been told the buyout money is there and that he can't see Talkins coming back next year.

Time to fire Dan and let Cabral coach against the Corn.

24champ
11-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Whew! Buffs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, at least Fowler said 2 times during the game that he's been told the buyout money is there and that he can't see Talkins coming back next year.

Weird thing is, I've never seen a coach smile after a loss as much as I did with Hawkins.

ColoradoBuff
11-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Weird thing is, I've never seen a coach smile after a loss as much as I did with Hawkins.

I saw that too. Hit the road u ****face Hawkins!:welcome:

SouthStndJunkie
11-20-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm heading up to the Big House for the Ohio State/Michigan game on Saturday.

Free ticket.....all I have to pay for is parking.

I hope Michigan makes it a game.

Looks like the ticket is in the end zone, 11 rows up from the field.

Bronco LB52
11-20-2009, 10:39 AM

That's awesome. Have a blast! Is this your first time attending Ohio St.-Michigan?

What's the weather supposed to be like?

bombay
11-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Roethlisberger was a MAC qb.

ohiobronco2
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Roethlisberger was a MAC qb.

As was Byron Leftwich, Charlie Frye, Chad Pennington, Josh Cribbs (I think he played QB) and Nate Davis. There is some talent there.

ohiobronco2
11-20-2009, 12:23 PM

Have fun fella. Here is hoping for a injury free game.

Rohirrim
11-20-2009, 12:25 PM

There's some good news. Make it so. Cabral deserves a shot at the top slot, even if it's just for one game.

TexanBob
11-20-2009, 12:50 PM
There's a case for Oklahoma State making a BCS bowl. Here's why:

If the National Championship Game is SEC vs. Texas, that opens the Fiesta Bowl to take another team. Texas *must* win out for the Cowboys to have a shot - or Texas must lose out against Kansas and Texas A&M while Oklahoma St. wins at Oklahoma to claim the South title.

TCU and Boise will probably both win out and while the BCS only has to take one, taking both isn't necessarily fatal.

You'd have 10 schools to fill five bowls. 7 spots are reserved:

SEC champ (Florida or Alabama)
Big XII champ (likely Texas)
Big 10 champ (Ohio St.)
Big East champ (Cincinnati or Pitt)
ACC champ (likely Georgia Tech)
Pac 10 champ (likely Oregon or Arizona)
non-BCS qualifier (likely TCU)

That leaves three more teams.
One will be the Florida-Alabama loser.
One could very well be Boise St.
LSU can't be included because only two teams from one conference can qualify.

So, if you look at the BCS standings, here's who is left:

9. Pitt
12. Oklahoma St.
13. Iowa
14. Penn St.
15. Virginia Tech

If Pitt loses to Cincinnati, who knows how far they will fall but they'd fall some. If they fall below Oklahoma St., the Cowboys would have a legit claim to the final BCS spot.

So, the most likely course for this to happen is:

Texas gets to the National Championship Game.
Cincinnati beats Pitt
Georgia Tech wins the ACC
Oregon beats Arizona and Oregon St.
Oklahoma St. beat Oklahoma.

It's not critical, but it will also help if Iowa and/or Penn State stumbles again or TCU/Boise St. gets hung with a loss.

Other than liking the idea of a second Big XII team adding to the conference pie, I'm not an Oklahoma St. fan but those of you who are should hope this scenario plays out.

NFLBRONCO
11-20-2009, 12:59 PM

I don't see it either. Gosh only win 2 games on the road in your tenure shame shame.

I hope we hire someone with NO CU ties.

SouthStndJunkie
11-20-2009, 01:33 PM
That's awesome. Have a blast! Is this your first time attending Ohio St.-Michigan?

What's the weather supposed to be like?

Supposed to be 50 degrees and partly cloudy.

This will be my 8th Ohio State-Michigan game.

5 in the Big House and 3 in The Shoe.

SouthStndJunkie
11-20-2009, 01:34 PM

Thanks....Ohio State should win pretty easily....but you never know with this rivalry.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I hope we hire someone with NO CU ties.

And I want someone with CU ties, Bieniemy

SouthStndJunkie
11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
As was Byron Leftwich, Charlie Frye, Chad Pennington, Josh Cribbs (I think he played QB) and Nate Davis. There is some talent there.

Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Frye, Penningon, Cribbs, Bruce Gradkowski, Charlie Batch, Nate Davis, and Julian Edelman was a QB at Kent State and is now a WR with New England.

NFLBRONCO
11-20-2009, 02:17 PM
And I want someone with CU ties, Bieniemy

Interesting choice just curious why you want him as hc? Public Bieniemy was one of my favs at CU.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Interesting choice just curious why you want him as hc? Public Bieniemy was one of my favs at CU.

Hawkins has cleaned up the program enough post-scandal so that they can go back to a former CU guy, and Hawkins should always get credit for doing that even if he couldn't get it done on the field.

Great recruiter, Barnett's recruiting went to **** when EB and Embree followed Dorrell to UCLA; as an aside I'd like to see Embree on the staff too in some way, but not as the HC

Will bring an intensity level that Hawkins does not have

Will not coddle the players

NFL coaching experience, decent chance the guy has a SB ring after this season

SouthStndJunkie
11-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Bowling Green WR Freddie Barnes is having one one heck of a season.

He had 12 catches for 197 yards and 2 TDs tonight.

So far on the year: 129 receptions for 1482 yards and 14 TDs.

watermock
11-20-2009, 06:04 PM
How bout those Hawks!

bombay
11-21-2009, 09:50 AM
North Carolina has a kick ass linebacker named Robert Quinn. I wonder if he's related to Richard.

tsiguy96
11-21-2009, 09:54 AM
im a converted iowa fan, their freshman QB is not bad, replacing ricky stanzi

TexanBob
11-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I wonder if the BCS computers will spank Bama for playing UT-Chattanooga. Florida plays a similar cupcake in Florida International. Both are winning handily.

Kid A
11-21-2009, 11:57 AM
I wonder if the BCS computers will spank Bama for playing UT-Chattanooga. Florida plays a similar cupcake in Florida International. Both are winning handily.

Those non-conference games late in the season just seem weird to me. Seems to be a lot more common in the SEC than Big XII for whatever reason. I guess they might schedule it as a late season bye week of sorts, but it's kind of a boring game to play near the climax of the season.

SJ Bronco
11-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Whats with all the top ranked teams in the nation scheduling chumps today? Wyoming? FIU? Chattanooga? WTF? Why don't the voters rank them down for this crap?

SJ Bronco
11-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Anyone want to do the "Beat cal wave" with me?

Hogan11
11-21-2009, 03:14 PM
God Notre Dame sucks

Kid A
11-21-2009, 03:20 PM
God Notre Dame sucks

Conversely, glad to see UConn finally get a win. Major tragedy followed by several heartbreaking losses...they deserved a break.

24champ
11-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Whats with all the top ranked teams in the nation scheduling chumps today? Wyoming? FIU? Chattanooga? WTF? Why don't the voters rank them down for this crap?

TCU doesn't have a choice. They have to play WYO since they are in the same conference.

24champ
11-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Those non-conference games late in the season just seem weird to me. Seems to be a lot more common in the SEC than Big XII for whatever reason. I guess they might schedule it as a late season bye week of sorts, but it's kind of a boring game to play near the climax of the season.

They schedule them because they are considered tune up games prior to next week when they play their rivals.

TexanBob
11-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Anyone want to do the "Beat cal wave" with me?

:wave: :egbgb:

Natedog24
11-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Conversely, glad to see UConn finally get a win. Major tragedy followed by several heartbreaking losses...they deserved a break.

Couldn't agree more, was rooting for UConn hard after what they have gone through this season. Granted my distaste for ND helped too...

Kid A
11-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Couldn't agree more, was rooting for UConn hard after what they have gone through this season. Granted my distaste for ND helped too...

The beauty of the nausea-inducing amount of media attention their mediocre football team gets is that every loss gets plastered on the front of espn.com.

Kid A
11-21-2009, 04:14 PM
wow. ****ty clock management by LSU. Why did they run the clock down to 9 seconds before the 4th down? If you complete it you might still be short of the endzone and have a shot at getting the FG unit on. Instead they made it an all or nothing play. Then the offense had no clue what to do when they did have 1 second left.

SJ Bronco
11-21-2009, 04:21 PM
The "big game" starts in 10 min...all head the glory that is Toby Gerhart, and Andrew "thank, but I don't need any" Luck

24champ
11-21-2009, 04:38 PM
wow. ****ty clock management by LSU. Why did they run the clock down to 9 seconds before the 4th down? If you complete it you might still be short of the endzone and have a shot at getting the FG unit on. Instead they made it an all or nothing play. Then the offense had no clue what to do when they did have 1 second left.

LSU is the most overrated team in the country. I question whether they should even be in the top 25.

SJ Bronco
11-21-2009, 04:41 PM
http://blog.oregonlive.com/pac10/2008/11/large_Toby.jpg

Hogan11
11-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Go Dawgs!

SJ Bronco
11-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Someone needs to pull vereen off of my defense!!!! We can't score if we don't have the ball!

lex
11-21-2009, 07:24 PM
http://blog.oregonlive.com/pac10/2008/11/large_Toby.jpg

Why is #7 not retired at Stanford?

Kid A
11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Looks like Nebraska has this one iced. 17-3. That's four ugly (but beautiful!) wins in a row. As bad as the back to back losses against TT and ISU were, Pelini's teams in both years have finished strong.

CU game next week should be good. Lots of turmoil in Boulder, but we never blow anyone out. Hopefully we can stretch this run to 5 before facing Texas.

SJ Bronco
11-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Watching the AU student section returning to the stands after rushing the field prematurely is the funniest thing ever...

SJ Bronco
11-21-2009, 08:37 PM

If they Broncos haven't retired it, why should they? Stanford football has a history going back to the late 1800's. We wouldn't have any jerseys left if we retired them all.

Natedog24
11-21-2009, 09:14 PM
This year the Civil War is THE PAC 10 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

20, even 10 years ago this would have been too unrealistic to even dream of....

Its the War of the Roses this year, truly unbelievable!

SJ Bronco
11-21-2009, 09:24 PM
This year the Civil War is THE PAC 10 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

20, even 10 years ago this would have been too unrealistic to even dream of....

Its the War of the Roses this year, truly unbelievable!

Pac 10 is a fun conference, all the teams are capable of winning at any time. Some of the best football in the country. We are marked down in the polls cause we're a competitive conference. Sad really. If they ever (yeah right) get a playoff system, the pac 10 will be a force

Natedog24
11-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Pac 10 is a fun conference, all the teams are capable of winning at any time. Some of the best football in the country. We are marked down in the polls cause we're a competitive conference. Sad really. If they ever (yeah right) get a playoff system, the pac 10 will be a force

Deepest i have seen the Pac 10 in a looooooong time. And its going to be just as tough if not tougher next year, lots of talented underclassmen across the conference.

Archer81
11-21-2009, 09:51 PM
If they Broncos haven't retired it, why should they? Stanford football has a history going back to the late 1800's. We wouldn't have any jerseys left if we retired them all.

I thought the Broncos did retire 7, it joins 0 and 44.

:Broncos:

SouthStndJunkie
11-22-2009, 12:34 AM

Props to your Buckeyes.

Michigan's defense played good enough to win....Forcier's 5 turnovers are what cost them the game. Brandon Graham played lights out again....he will be a first round pick and a force on Sundays.

I did not expect Michigan to win the game, but it was disappointing to see the defense step it up, just to see the offense let them down.

SouthStndJunkie
11-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Michigan DE Brandon Graham is a stud who will be a force on Sundays.

He reminds me a lot of former Wolverine LaMarr Woodley.

I think Graham could make the transition to 3-4 OLB, much like Woodley did with the Steelers.

SouthStndJunkie
11-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Who do you all think will win the Heisman Trophy this year?

SouthStndJunkie
11-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska is the best player in college football this year, but of course he won't win it.

I think it all comes down to 3 players and if one of them has an outstanding game in their last few games, they will jump ahead of the other 2 contenders.

1: Mark Ingram, RB, Bama:

1399 yards rushing and 12 rushing TDs with 225 receiving yards and 3 TDs. Games against Auburn and Florida remaining. If they beat Auburn and Florida and he ends up with 1700+ yards, he has a good chance.

2: Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford:

He had 136 yards rushing and 4 TDs in a loss to Cal today....a win in that game would have really helped his case. On the year he has 1531 yards rushing and 23 TDs and 116 receiving yards on the year. One game left at home versus Notre Dame to state his case. Getting 170+ rushing yards would put him over 1700 yards and the 20+ TDs are Heisman worthy.

3: Tim Tebow, QB. Florida:

His stats are not great this year, compared with his previous years....but his team is undefeated and he is Tim Tebow. I have him 3rd right now....but monster games and wins against Florida State and Alabama could vault him to the Heisman. He needs a 'Heisman Moment' in the next 2 games if he wants to win it. 1945 passing years with 14 TDs to 4 INTs on the year. 706 rushing yards and 11 TDs as well.

SJ Bronco
11-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska is the best player in college football this year, but of course he won't win it.

I think it all comes down to 3 players and if one of them has an outstanding game in their last few games, they will jump ahead of the other 2 contenders.

1: Mark Ingram, RB, Bama:

1399 yards rushing and 12 rushing TDs with 225 receiving yards and 3 TDs. Games against Auburn and Florida remaining. If they beat Auburn and Florida and he ends up with 1700+ yards, he has a good chance.

2: Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford:

He had 136 yards rushing and 4 TDs in a loss to Cal today....a win in that game would have really helped his case. On the year he has 1531 yards rushing and 23 TDs and 116 receiving yards on the year. One game left at home versus Notre Dame to state his case. Getting 170+ rushing yards would put him over 1700 yards and the 20+ TDs are Heisman worthy.

3: Tim Tebow, QB. Florida:

His stats are not great this year, compared with his previous years....but his team is undefeated and he is Tim Tebow. I have him 3rd right now....but monster games and wins against Florida State and Alabama could vault him to the Heisman. He needs a 'Heisman Moment' in the next 2 games if he wants to win it. 1945 passing years with 14 TDs to 4 INTs on the year. 706 rushing yards and 11 TDs as well.

I think this is how I'd vote it right now. The only reason I wouldn't put Toby first is because his team choked (even though he had a GREAT game) against the rival bears in a must win, and I take team achievement into account. Tebow is a bit over rated, but you can't ignore the fact that he always seems to win.

lex
11-22-2009, 10:04 AM

Were you going for humor with that?

SJ Bronco
11-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Were you going for humor with that?

no, you do know that Stanford was a dominate football program at one time, and in 100+ years, you don't think they could have a grip of great players. Even the worst football program would. Retiring numbers is only for hero's like Tillman or Jackie Robinson...not for good players that won a bowl game or two.

Lev Vyvanse
11-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Maybe they require the player to play in a bowl game or have a winning record.

NFLBRONCO
11-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Michigan DE Brandon Graham is a stud who will be a force on Sundays.

He reminds me a lot of former Wolverine LaMarr Woodley.

I think Graham could make the transition to 3-4 OLB, much like Woodley did with the Steelers.

Be a great Denver Bronco

SJ Bronco
11-22-2009, 10:34 AM

he had a winning record....he was a trombone player away from the rosebowl..Hilarious!

Lev Vyvanse
11-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Should have said career record.

SJ Bronco
11-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Should have said career record.

yeah....He wasn't as good a college player as his draft status might reflect. He was my hero then though. Of course I was just a small small child. What did I know?:thumbsup:

lex
11-22-2009, 04:11 PM
no, you do know that Stanford was a dominate football program at one time, and in 100+ years, you don't think they could have a grip of great players. Even the worst football program would. Retiring numbers is only for hero's like Tillman or Jackie Robinson...not for good players that won a bowl game or two.

Maybe Elway should have gone out of his way to be more political.

lex
11-22-2009, 04:12 PM

That was Elway's fault?

TexanBob
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Congrats, Kid, for winning the Big 12 North. Hope you crack the Top 25 so you look like a more credible opponent.

I'm taking nothing for granted. The Horns will be heavy favorites against both A&M and Nebraska and seen it mean nothing at the end of the day.

But Nebraska means a bigger audience for the game and possibly more Heisman votes for McCoy if he has a strong performance.

Kid A
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Congrats, Kid, for winning the Big 12 North. Hope you crack the Top 25 so you look like a more credible opponent.

I'm taking nothing for granted. The Horns will be heavy favorites against both A&M and Nebraska and seen it mean nothing at the end of the day.

But Nebraska means a bigger audience for the game and possibly more Heisman votes for McCoy if he has a strong performance.

We're 23 in the coaches, just outside in the AP. If we take care of CU we should be ranked in both assuming at least a couple losses by other teams.

Knew it would be a rebuilding job on offense this year, and has it ever been, but on the whole Pelini has done a great job of getting the team to rebound from a tough stretch and find a style of play that they can win with.

He still has a ways to go in some facets of head coaching (sideline composure, team is still too mistake/penalty prone in all phases), but the two-year turnaround on defense has shown he was the right hire.

Defensive averages a game:
2007 477 yds 38 points
2008 350 yds 29 points
2009 281 yds 10 points

That is just crazy. And while I'm not wild about our chances going into a virtual home game for Texas, I'm glad we get the shot. It seems like we always play Texas tough (albeit, always to blow it late and lose in heartbreaking fashion). Hopefully it will be another good one.

First, though, we need to stay focused and handle the Buffs.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2009, 06:13 PM
I wonder if NFL team that drafts Henry will let him punt and do FGs like he is doing in college. One would think they would love the fact that he can do both and save a roster spot.

Kid A
11-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I wonder if NFL team that drafts Henry will let him punt and do FGs like he is doing in college. One would think they would love the fact that he can do both and save a roster spot.

He is awesome. Those two coffin corners were unreal.

ohiobronco2
11-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Props to your Buckeyes.

Michigan's defense played good enough to win....Forcier's 5 turnovers are what cost them the game. Brandon Graham played lights out again....he will be a first round pick and a force on Sundays.

I did not expect Michigan to win the game, but it was disappointing to see the defense step it up, just to see the offense let them down.

Thanks Fella. They have a pretty good D, but their O is down right awful for the amount of talent they have (OSU). If they don't develop some sort of passing attack, they will lose the Rose Bowl. Hopefully Michigan give Rich Rod one more year, I did see improvement. And yes, Graham is a beast.

oubronco
11-26-2009, 03:41 PM
For all you Buff fans your boy Hawkins will return next year

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Cincinnati is taking it to Illinois right now....28-7 in the 2nd quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 09:59 AM
There are quite a few games on today.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Bama/Auburn will be a good game.

The battle of I-75....Toledo/Bowling Green.

Northern Illinois/Central Michigan will be a good game.

Nebraska/Colorado is always one of my favorite games to watch.

Pittsburgh/West Virginia....love me some annual 'Backyard Brawl'.

Then late at night....Nevada/Boise State will be entertaining.

A few other decent games on as well....kick back, eat leftovers, and enjoy.

oubronco
11-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Bama/Auburn will be a good game.

The battle of I-75....Toledo/Bowling Green.

Northern Illinois/Central Michigan will be a good game.

Nebraska/Colorado is always one of my favorite games to watch.

Pittsburgh/West Virginia....love me some annual 'Backyard Brawl'.

Then late at night....Nevada/Boise State will be entertaining.

A few other decent games on as well....kick back, eat leftovers, and enjoy.

Here Here :thumbsup:

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Auburn takes an early 7-0 lead on Alabama.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Auburn up 14-7 in the 2nd quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Nebraska/Colorado on right now....Go Buffs!

eddie mac
11-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Nebraska up 7-0, horrible punt and coverage.

troya900
11-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Nebraska/Colorado on right now....Go Buffs!

Makes me sick hearing Hawkins is staying. CU deserves all the failure that's here and will come in the future with this douchebag as head coach.

BTW love this shirt:
http://firedanhawkins.spreadshirt.com/fire-hawkins-black-go-coach-intramurals-brutha-A5131309/customize/color/2

"Fire Hawkins" on the front and "Go Coach Intramurals Brotha!" on the back Hilarious!

Hercules Rockefeller
11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
And the Riddler's terrible ST unit strikes again. I'm sure after 4 years of terrible units and no contributions on the recruiting front, he just needs a 5th year to bring it all together.

NFLBRONCO
11-27-2009, 01:25 PM
CU now DTD-Down the Drain

Hawkins tenure has made Fairbanks years look golden

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Auburn still leading Alabama in the 4th quarter.

21-20 with 14 minutes left in the game.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Mark Ingram is not helping his Heisman candidacy.

15 carries for 31 yards so far today.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Wyoming comes back to beat Colorado State.

CSU ends the year winless in the MWC.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Looks like Alabama may come back to win the game.

watermock
11-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Auburn's offense totally blew chunks in the 4th.

Only Georgia rivals Auburn in wasting great offensive talent.

'Bama's D is great but not that great.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Bama scores....2 point conversion is no good.

26-21 Bama with a buck and some change left in the game.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Stupid clock management by Auburn at the end of the game....looks like Bama will win the game.

Orange4Life
Auburns offense sucks. Some of the worst clock management I have ever seen.

watermock
I don't think Auburn got more than 1 first down the second half, mostly thru incompetence.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Bama stays undefeated.

watermock
11-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Bama can't shut down Florida like that.

Texas/Florida.

watermock
11-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Tebow might go down as the greatest ever.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 06:34 PM
West Virginia is beating Pittsburgh right now in 'The Backyard Brawl'....a rivalry I always enjoy watching.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Pitt ties the game up 16-16.

2:48 left in the 4th quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2009, 07:26 PM
West Virginia knocks off #9 Pitt 19-16 on a last second FG.

watermock
11-27-2009, 07:47 PM
WV tried everything to blow that game but Wanny is a loser.

Really good athletes, piss poor coaching under pressure from both.

watermock
11-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Denver should look at some of the WV projects. And Pitt.

Lots of speed here.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Boise State beat Nevada....but the Wolf Pack are fun to watch.

QB Colin Kaepernick is exciting and RBs Taua and Lippincott both ran for over 1000 yards (Kaepernick did as well).

That is 3-1000 yard rushers....the team has run for over 4300 yards on the year.

enjolras
11-28-2009, 01:35 AM
My summary of Colorado football this season:

- Got free tickets to the game
- Left in the 3rd quarter because $6 pitchers just sounded like more fun.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 10:10 AM
South Carolina is trying to upset #18 Clemson and are up 17-7 right now in the 2nd quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 12:38 PM
#1 Florida and Florida State just getting underway.

oubronco
11-28-2009, 01:04 PM
OU putting the beatdown on OSU 27-0

lex
11-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Well, with Florida's win today, its on now with Alabama. What a colossal game this shapes up to be.

I was actually a little nervous about getting past FSU. It seems like Florida's offense has opened up a little bit in recent weeks. Hopefully, they can pull it out again. And hopefully, Alabama's RB, Richardson, doesnt become the star of the game (assuming Ingram is hindered).

s0phr0syne
11-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, with Florida's win today, its on now with Alabama. What a colossal game this shapes up to be.

I was actually a little nervous about getting past FSU. It seems like Florida's offense has opened up a little bit in recent weeks. Hopefully, they can pull it out again. And hopefully, Alabama's RB, Richardson, doesnt become the star of the game (assuming Ingram is hindered).

That play by Hernandez was amazing (he probably made multiple, but I'm referring to the one where he had massive YAC). I've been impressed by him since the NC game last year where he destroyed my Sooners.

Do you see him duplicating his success as a receiving TE in NFL?

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Stanford and Notre Dame has been an awesome game.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Stanford's freshman QB Andrew Luck is going to be a stud in college and on Sundays down the line.

Toby Gerhart has not hurt his Heisman chances today.

Stanford just tied the game up 38-38.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Jimmy Clausen has 5 TDs for Notre Dame so far tonight.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Gerhart is taking Stanford on his back, churning out yardage and eating up clock....and setting them up for the potential winning score.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Gerhart scores his 3rd TD of the game to give Stanford a 45-38 lead with :59 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

205 yards and 3 rushing TDs in the game (and he threw a TD pass as well).

26 rushing TDs on the year.

Hogan11
11-28-2009, 08:20 PM
UGA with an upset!

lex
11-28-2009, 08:21 PM
That play by Hernandez was amazing (he probably made multiple, but I'm referring to the one where he had massive YAC). I've been impressed by him since the NC game last year where he destroyed my Sooners.

Do you see him duplicating his success as a receiving TE in NFL?

I think he might be better in the pro game where he could be better utilized. Another issue with him is that they are really thin at TE and I think they didnt want to over rely on him.

I think it might be smart for him to stay at UF one more year. I think he'll be able to show more with Brantley passing the ball next year. Plus, when you look at this years draft and all the QBs that might be in it, some guys who might normally be a first round pick will get bumped to the 2nd. But either way, its not like he'd be playing for peanuts and it also sucks some times to watch your teammates that youve fought with move on.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Stanford wins 45-38 in one of the best games of the year.

lex
11-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Gerhart scores his 3rd TD of the game to give Stanford a 45-38 lead with :59 seconds left in the 4th quarter.

205 yards and 3 rushing TDs in the game (and he threw a TD pass as well).

26 rushing TDs on the year.

That guys awesome. What a game this was. ND has played in a lot of entertaining games this year.

Kid A
11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Stanford wins 45-38 in one of the best games of the year.

Gerhart is a tank and I was glad to see him get that 3rd TD...but it was a bad decision IMO to run it in for the TD (which ND obviously wanted since they let him score). 1st and goal, only 50 seconds left, ND with a single timeout: you really have to take a knee, and run it down to a final chip shot FG. Leave zero shot for ND to respond. Instead they nearly let Clausen and Tate take it into OT.

Mizzou was in an identical situation against KU today and took a couple knees to make sure they had the final play. Best strategy IMO. Nonetheless, exciting win from an exciting Stanford team. Gerhart should be a Heisman finalist lock.

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Toby Gerhart ends up with 1736 rushing yards and 26 TDs on the year....Heisman worthy.

Tim Tebow passed for 3 TDs and ran for 2 more today to help his cause....that gives him 30 total TDs on the year (17 passing and 13 rushing). 2166 passing yards and 796 rushing yards on the year. He has the SEC Championship game yet....a huge game and he could leap ahead and win it.

Mark Ingram hurt his Heisman chances this weekend with 30 yards rushing....and he is banged up for next week's clash versus Florida.

Colt McCoy jumped back in the mix with 304 yards and 4 TDs passing and 175 yards rushing and a TD. 3328 yards passing and 27 passing TDs on the year with 368 rushing yards and 2 TDs. He still has the Big 12 Championship Game to play.

Orange4Life
11-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Cougars Win!!! My head hurts and I lost my voice half way through the fourth quarter. But what an awesome game. Utah fought hard but we got the win! Way to go Cougs!!

Rohirrim
11-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Pete Carroll sticks it to the sniveling coward Neuheisel. 44 seconds left and UCLA is down by two TDs so the Trojans are doing the kneel down. Then, Slick Rick calls a timeout like the wuss he is. Next play, USC goes deep and scores. Ha! Trojans are jumping up and down on the sidelines and the Bruins start walking across the field like they're going to do something about it. Fun was had by all. :rofl:

Orange4Life
11-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Just saw the the USC-UCLA highlights. Too funny. Sometimes people get what they deserve...

Bronco LB52
11-28-2009, 11:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hVpyI6eWvwQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hVpyI6eWvwQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 11:48 PM
That's why they are called rivalry games.

ak1971
11-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Pete Carroll sticks it to the sniveling coward Neuheisel. 44 seconds left and UCLA is down by two TDs so the Trojans are doing the kneel down. Then, Slick Rick calls a timeout like the wuss he is. Next play, USC goes deep and scores. Ha! Trojans are jumping up and down on the sidelines and the Bruins start walking across the field like they're going to do something about it. Fun was had by all. :rofl:

I still think Pete Carroll should change his name to Suge Knight

lex
11-29-2009, 07:49 AM
I saw where they interviewed him and asked him why he did it. It was a nice little preamble of bull**** until he finally said something about doing it because they were taking timeouts.

It was awesome seeing the look on Neuheisels face afterwards though. There is a lot of bad blood between some coaches in the Pac 10. A couple of weeks ago it was Carroll bellyaching about Harbaugh running up the score. And now this. Its turning into good theatre.

gunns
11-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Cougars Win!!! My head hurts and I lost my voice half way through the fourth quarter. But what an awesome game. Utah fought hard but we got the win! Way to go Cougs!!

20-6 for BYphew for most of the game and it goes to OT. This was the Cougars BCS game...oh that's right, only Utah goes to those.

Rohirrim
11-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Thursday night game - Beavers vs Ducks - will be a very good game.

bombay
11-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Pete Carroll had to remind Neuweisal that just because he wanted to keep playing, his team hadn't gotten any better at it.

broncocalijohn
11-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I turned the SC game off once WE went up by 14 with 1:30 left. Went downstairs to see what the wife was watching and figured better hang out with her before the night was done. Damn I missed something good. UCLA deserved that after trying to prolong a done game and SC taking a knee. (BTW: Jeremy Bates called that play!) This is nothing compared to Stanford going for a two pointer up by more than 3 Tds with a few minutes left on the clock. This game was a lot closer than the final score and SCs offense was very borrowing a predictable when faced with excessive yards to get for a first down. As for that Thursday night game, if SC wants to go to SD for the holiday bowl instead of El Paso, Oregon needs to win it and go to the rose bowl.

SoCalBronco
11-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Hopefully U$C loses to Arizona and gets stuck in El Paso on Christmas.

lex
11-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Hopefully U$C loses to Arizona and gets stuck in El Paso on Christmas.

Shouldnt they be done with that investigation soon? I wonder if the Tim Floyd thing gave them more to consider...or if mayber theyre dragging it out hoping the negative reaction will dissipate by doing so.

oubronco
11-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Toby Gerhart ends up with 1736 rushing yards and 26 TDs on the year....Heisman worthy.

Tim Tebow passed for 3 TDs and ran for 2 more today to help his cause....that gives him 30 total TDs on the year (17 passing and 13 rushing). 2166 passing yards and 796 rushing yards on the year. He has the SEC Championship game yet....a huge game and he could leap ahead and win it.

Mark Ingram hurt his Heisman chances this weekend with 30 yards rushing....and he is banged up for next week's clash versus Florida.

Colt McCoy jumped back in the mix with 304 yards and 4 TDs passing and 175 yards rushing and a TD. 3328 yards passing and 27 passing TDs on the year with 368 rushing yards and 2 TDs. He still has the Big 12 Championship Game to play.

The Heisman has been won since day one by Teblow the voters mailed in there votes last year

SoCalBronco
11-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Shouldnt they be done with that investigation soon? I wonder if the Tim Floyd thing gave them more to consider...or if mayber theyre dragging it out hoping the negative reaction will dissipate by doing so.

I'm hoping that sometime soon something will come of the Reggie Bush situation. I got real excited after that Yahoo report, but it seems not much has happened since then. Then again...the F$U academic cheating penalty kind of came out of the blue after the allegations had surfaced much earlier, so maybe the NCAA is just taking their time on it. I'd love to see U$C taken to the woodshed, although its unlikely. U$C makes alot of money for the NCAA so there's a conflict of interest there (you'll notice that F$U didn't get dinged until they were consistently mediocre again). In an ideal world, there would be footage on ESPN of Pete Carroll and Mike Garrett getting their heads pushed down into the back seat of a police car, but that's probably asking too much. I'll take anything at this point.....preferably bowl bans and more importantly debilitating scholarship reductions. The whole program is corrupt...as you noted, U$C basketball was completely exposed and I'm still waiting for those sanctions. It wouldn't surprise me if the volleyball team was involved in Mexican drug cartel trafficking (ok....that was a joke, but I had to throw it in there :) ). Clearly, there's a lack of institutional control, here. The program needs to be brought to its knees.

lex
11-29-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm hoping that sometime soon something will come of the Reggie Bush situation. I got real excited after that Yahoo report, but it seems not much has happened since then. Then again...the F$U academic cheating penalty kind of came out of the blue after the allegations had surfaced much earlier, so maybe the NCAA is just taking their time on it. I'd love to see U$C taken to the woodshed, although its unlikely. U$C makes alot of money for the NCAA so there's a conflict of interest there (you'll notice that F$U didn't get dinged until they were consistently mediocre again). In an ideal world, there would be footage on ESPN of Pete Carroll and Mike Garrett getting their heads pushed down into the back seat of a police car, but that's probably asking too much. I'll take anything at this point.....preferably bowl bans and more importantly debilitating scholarship reductions. The whole program is corrupt...as you noted, U$C basketball was completely exposed and I'm still waiting for those sanctions. It wouldn't surprise me if the volleyball team was involved in Mexican drug cartel trafficking (ok....that was a joke, but I had to throw it in there :) ). Clearly, there's a lack of institutional control, here. The program needs to be brought to its knees.

Agreed, although with Bush the question that was often debated was what the university should have known or should have reasonably been expected to know...this vagueness gave them a little wiggle on the matter of whether or not it happened because of a lack of institutional control...and then along came Tim Floyd and OJ Mayo. The latter should have removed all doubt where the former is concerned and since it all ties back to the athletic department, the two should be viewed as distinctly seperate.

Rohirrim
11-29-2009, 04:56 PM

The perp walk? Nah. That's Miami's style. Hey, I know how you feel, though. For years I wanted to see Tricky Dick do the perp walk. Never happened. ;D

SouthStndJunkie
11-30-2009, 06:48 PM
TALLAHASSEE -- Legendary Florida State coach Bobby Bowden, who built one of college football's greatest dynasties in 34 seasons with the Seminoles, plans to announce his retirement Tuesday morning, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com.

Bowden, whose 388 career victories trail only Penn State's Joe Paterno as college football's winningest coach, met with FSU president TK Wetherell and athletic director Randy Spetman on Monday morning. According to sources, Bowden was given two options: return to FSU in 2010 as an ambassador to the program, in which he would have little input in the day-to-day operations of the program, or retire after the Seminoles' upcoming bowl game.

SouthStndJunkie
11-30-2009, 06:50 PM
The pudding tastes a little sweeter and the slippers feel a little warmer for Joe Paterno tonight.

SouthStndJunkie
11-30-2009, 07:13 PM
4 years without winning the weak ACC is not good enough for those good old boys down there.

2006: 7-6
2007: 7-6
2008: 9-4
2009: 6-6

Those three six loss seasons put the boosters and fans over the edge.

SouthStndJunkie
11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Joe Paterno felt similar pressure after a few years....especially in 2004, when he went 4-7....but then he rebounded with these seasons:

2005: 11-1
2006: 9-4
2007: 9-4
2008: 11-2
2009: 10-2

Rocket 7
11-30-2009, 07:15 PM
TALLAHASSEE -- Legendary Florida State coach Bobby Bowden, who built one of college football's greatest dynasties in 34 seasons with the Seminoles, plans to announce his retirement Tuesday morning, sources close to the situation told ESPN.com.

Bowden, whose 388 career victories trail only Penn State's Joe Paterno as college football's winningest coach, met with FSU president TK Wetherell and athletic director Randy Spetman on Monday morning. According to sources, Bowden was given two options: return to FSU in 2010 as an ambassador to the program, in which he would have little input in the day-to-day operations of the program, or retire after the Seminoles' upcoming bowl game.

When is the Press Confrence?

Bronco LB52
11-30-2009, 11:53 PM
The pudding tastes a little sweeter and the slippers feel a little warmer for Joe Paterno tonight.

JoePa probably still feels fortunate to be doing what he loves given that his old friend is going to be forced out, but he didn't stay in the game to hold onto the all-time wins record. Paterno never gave a **** about that record.

SouthStndJunkie
12-01-2009, 07:54 AM
JoePa probably still feels fortunate to be doing what he loves given that his old friend is going to be forced out, but he didn't stay in the game to hold onto the all-time wins record. Paterno never gave a **** about that record.

I like Joe Paterno and root for him to do well if they are not playing Michigan....but that record means something to him....even if he won't admit it.

Bronco LB52
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I like Joe Paterno and root for him to do well if they are not playing Michigan....but that record means something to him....even if he won't admit it.

Of course, the record means something to him, but I don't think that record was a factor in his decision to stay in coaching.

I don't buy the critics who say he remained in coaching to hold off Bobby Bowden.

SouthStndJunkie
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Of course, the record means something to him, but I don't think that record was a factor in his decision to stay in coaching.

I don't buy the critics who say he remained in coaching to hold off Bobby Bowden.

Coaching is what Joe Paterno does.

He knows when he retires he will sit in a rocking chair and die a few years later....coaching and being active is what keeps him going.

SouthStndJunkie
12-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm looking forward to watching #16 Oregon State versus #7 Oregon on Thursday night.

Bronco LB52
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Coaching is what Joe Paterno does.

He knows when he retires he will sit in a rocking chair and die a few years later....coaching and being active is what keeps him going.

That's the reason why Bowden didn't want to hang em up. His father died months after he retired as an investment banker and the same thing happened to his idol Paul "Bear" Bryant.

Bronco LB52
12-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm looking forward to watching #16 Oregon State versus #7 Oregon on Thursday night.

It should be 10X more entertaining than Jets-Bills from the Rogers Centre.

Kid A
12-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Only halftime, but Oregon-Oregon St has been one of the best games this year so far. Insane, especially given the stakes.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Kansas coach Mark Mangino has resigned two years after leading the Jayhawks to the greatest season in their football history.

ESPN's Joe Schad first reported the story on Thursday night. The university made the announcement as athletic director Lew Perkins met with players to give them the news. The two sides have reached a buyout, Schad reported

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Oregon State up on Oregon 30-21 early in the 3rd quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 08:19 PM
LeGarrette Blount (the RB who punched the Boise State player) scores a TD to cut Oregon State's lead to 30-28.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 08:20 PM
These are his first carries since that game.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Oregon scores....2 point conversion is no good.

Oregon goes up 34-33 late in the 3rd quarter.

Excellent game.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I want to see Oregon win, as I think they would beat Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Oregon kicks a FG....37-33 Oregon with 10:13 left in the 4th quarter.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9VhD4SccSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9VhD4SccSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Bad ass run on 4th and 3 by Jeremiah Masoli.

SouthStndJunkie
12-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Ball game....Oregon wins the Pac-10 and is going to the Rose Bowl.

Play2win
12-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Glad a team from Oregon gets to go to the Rose Bowl. Would've like to see either team go, and it was a great game to watch.

worm
12-04-2009, 05:35 AM
I like Oregon...but am still not sold on them vs Ohio St in the Rose.

oubronco
12-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Oregon has a good offense but their defense had better stiffen up or Ohio State will torch them

Rohirrim
12-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Tomorrow: #2 Alabama vs. #1 Florida. The SEC Championship. I'm looking forward to a great game out of these two teams. Of course, defense wins championships, so Alabama should win. The Tide have also played the tougher schedule. Florida has faced only one ranked team.