09-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Per PFT
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 09:37 AM
I guess it pays to be an ex Patriot.

TheDave
09-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't get it... At the very least the kid showed that he was more durable than other backs on the roster.

Chris
09-05-2009, 09:39 AM
This is the first cut that has really annoyed me. What more could Walker have done?

i4jelway7
09-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Wtf ... Lamont Jordan must have something on mcdipsh!t

Gcver2ver3
09-05-2009, 09:40 AM
i must admit, i'd prefer we had cut loose Jordan instead...

Jordan looks pretty unimpressive to me...

SouthStndJunkie
09-05-2009, 09:41 AM
I was hoping Walker would make the cut.

bap454
If Lamont Jordan makes the team...... it will be the biggest joke yet of the ongoing saga.

Mr.Meanie
Ah that sucks... but he played well enough to be picked up somewhere else. Good luck, Walker!

Mogulseeker
09-05-2009, 09:42 AM
This is the first cut that has really annoyed me. What more could Walker have done?

I know, right? I was just thinking, why play him so much and allow him to amass that kind of yardage... and then cut him?

The Walker, Swift, and Powell cuts really annoy me.

Mr.Meanie
09-05-2009, 09:42 AM
If Lamont Jordan makes the team...... it will be the biggest joke yet of the ongoing saga.

the 4th string running back position battle would be the biggest joke?

bap454
09-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Lamont makes Tatum Bell look like an all world tackle breaker. Nothing like running into the pile and then falling over, again and again. Im pissed.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Not even close.

prunch
09-05-2009, 09:47 AM
This does not necessarily mean Jordan makes it. I liked walker but he only averaged 3 yards a carry or so in the last game. Consistent but nothing special .... not going to lose sleep.

Mogulseeker
09-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Darius?

Mogulseeker
09-05-2009, 09:49 AM
This does not necessarily mean Jordan makes it. I liked walker but he only averaged 3 yards a carry or so in the last game. Consistent but nothing special .... not going to lose sleep.

I hope Jordan gets cut. I don't like having a crowded backfield, and I'd rather see us keep players in other spots.

Cool Breeze
09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
i hope jordan gets cut. I don't like having a crowded backfield, and i'd rather see us keep players in other spots.

me too!!!

Arkie
09-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Jordan was obviously less of a question mark. He only had 12 carries to Walker's 46.

Hamrob
09-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Let's face it. New England's running game is boring. There hasn't been a star back in NE since maybe Curtis Martin.

At least we have a kid like Moreno on the roster and a beast like Hillis to count on. Buckhalter and Jordon are compliments...guys who can pick up 3yds at a time at best.

Walker out played Jordon, but Jordon is a Mcdaniel's slobber nobber!

broncofan7
09-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Cut Jordan and Sign Dominick Rhodes........

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm betting every ex-Patriot makes this roster.

RMT
09-05-2009, 10:12 AM
jordan sucked donkey balls ... walker did EVERYTHING possible to earn a spot on this team and deserved to make it ... this bothers me more than trading cutler

Karenin
09-05-2009, 10:15 AM
so when walker doesn't get signed by any other team and is out of the league permanently, are you guys still going to be this incredulous? (i know that's a big word for most of you, go ahead and look it up)

Tombstone RJ
09-05-2009, 10:18 AM
It has to be Jordon's experience that got him the job. Perhaps McD thinks Jordon will payoff in the late season. Interesting...

Mogulseeker
09-05-2009, 10:19 AM
so when walker doesn't get signed by any other team and is out of the league permanently, are you guys still going to be this incredulous? (i know that's a big word for most of you, go ahead and look it up)

^ Condescending a-hole.

~Crash~
09-05-2009, 10:20 AM
hell cut both of them they both suck

RMT
09-05-2009, 10:20 AM

not any more incredulous than walker getting cut before jordan - the difference in their preseason performances is vast.

Mogulseeker
09-05-2009, 10:21 AM
It has to be Jordon's experience that got him the job. Perhaps McD thinks Jordon will payoff in the late season. Interesting...

I wouldn't chalk up a roster spot to Jordan quite yet... Buckhalter is the starter, and he has looked good.

But I see Moreno getting the starting job eventually this year, and I think Hillis just might lead the team in rushing.

~Crash~
09-05-2009, 10:23 AM
also Taco can we cut this poster Karenin ...him hurt my brain ...him so smart we should all refain....

Karenin
09-05-2009, 10:24 AM
not any more incredulous than walker getting cut before jordan - the difference in their preseason performances is vast.

yep, and that's why you shouldn't put much stock into preseason.

Karenin
also Taco can we cut this poster Karenin ...him hurt my brain ...him so smart we should all refain....

speak english you ****ing mongoloid.

Tombstone RJ
I wouldn't chalk up a roster spot to Jordan quite yet... Buckhalter is the starter, and he has looked good.

But I see Moreno getting the starting job eventually this year, and I think Hillis just might lead the team in rushing.

Jordon provides vet leadership in the backfield. He's probably gonna be the goaline RB. Hillis might be the other goaline guy but he's gonna get gassed running up and down the field between the 20's. Moreno and Buckhalter provide the same type of back. Both are gonna be explosive out of the backfield either running or catching the ball.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Predictions don't work well for you Karen. You're the same dummy who said Brandstater would suck in the Cards game.

RMT
09-05-2009, 10:28 AM
yep, and that's why you shouldn't put much stock into preseason.

did you even watch preseason?

what did jordan do to earn a spot on the team? i went to a number of TC practices - the guy was marginal at best. slow, out of shape, lazy. ineffective.

walker did what was asked of him and ran with authority, something jordan rarely, if ever, did.

KevinJames
09-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Who cares its not like Jordan or Walker would have made a huge impact on this offense this year unless we suffer multiple injuries. We can cut em both and just pick up Dominic Rhodes or something the 4th RB on the roster really doesn't matter.....

go_broncos
09-05-2009, 10:31 AM
is this a joke?

Mcdummy ..why don't you cut Jordon instead

broncosteven
09-05-2009, 10:31 AM
I thought Walker looked out of shape and wore down in the Cards game.

He wanted to come out in at least 2 consecutive plays and they kept him in.

I guess they wanted to see what he had in the tank, his tank was empty.

We have Hillis and Hopefully Moreno, Buckhalter will be a servicable backup.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Who cares its not like Jordan or Walker would have made a huge impact on this offense this year unless we suffer multiple injuries. We can cut em both and just pick up Dominic Rhodes or something the 4th RB on the roster really doesn't matter.....

Whoa, backup there. Obviously by the anger and whining displayed in this thread, you should have been able to see that a guy who might get 1 or 2 carries a game at best, will in fact have a huge impact on this season.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 10:33 AM

That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of too. I wondered when he was asking to come out if he was making a big mistake in doing so.

Karenin
09-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Predictions don't work well for you Karen. You're the same dummy who said Brandstater would suck in the Cards game.

ummm.... no i didn't. i said it would be funny if he sucked. i had no idea how he was going to do against AZ's 4th string defense and i didn't really care either. i know reading comprehension is tough when you're like 70 years old, but try to keep up old timer.

DenverBrit
09-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, that Bobby Turner's clueless. Ha!

Bronco Yoda
09-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Walker's tank emptied pretty quick the other night. On the flip side I noticed he had some good blocks and saved Tom B. a couple times in the pocket.

You never know, this may not be the last time we see him. Point him towards a cell phone kiosk until needed due to injuries. Hopefully not needed however...

bap454
09-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Anyone been watching Hard Knocks on HBO.... I would take the odd man out there, between Leonard and Doresy, over Jordan/Walker... any takers??

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 10:43 AM
ummm.... no i didn't. i said it would be funny if he sucked. i had no idea how he was going to do against AZ's 4th string defense and i didn't really care either. i know reading comprehension is tough when you're like 70 years old, but try to keep up old timer.
Are you drunk or stupid? Here is what you said:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2537998#post2537998
it's gonna be funny when he looks like **** tonight and all the ****ing morons around here calling for him to start will look like the idiots they are.

No mention of "if" here...guess we know who the idiot is now. I suggest a good phonics course.

broncosteven
09-05-2009, 10:46 AM

The Cards played their 1st string D deep into the 2nd Quarter, their 1st string O played most if not all of the 1st.

Not sure what point you are trying to make but if it were me I would admit to being wrong and find another thread to predict in.

bap454
09-05-2009, 10:48 AM
someone just got bich slapped...damb.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Let's face it. New England's running game is boring. There hasn't been a star back in NE since maybe Curtis Martin.

At least we have a kid like Moreno on the roster and a beast like Hillis to count on. Buckhalter and Jordon are compliments...guys who can pick up 3yds at a time at best.

Walker out played Jordon, but Jordon is a Mcdaniel's slobber nobber!

uh corey dillon anyone?

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 11:07 AM
jordan sucked donkey balls ... walker did EVERYTHING possible to earn a spot on this team and deserved to make it ... this bothers me more than trading cutler

Wow!!! are you serious? this really bothers you?

Donk
09-05-2009, 11:07 AM

I am like 70
It is Incredulous that I have enough reading comprehension to comprehend
Mighty Smurf's ... "condescending a-hole.

Am I keeping up?

RMT
09-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow!!! are you serious? this really bothers you?

* sarcasm *

R8R H8R
09-05-2009, 11:10 AM

We have Hillis and Hopefully Moreno, Buckhalter will be a servicable backup.

Agreed. That's exactly what I saw.

One other thing that isn't being mentioned is that Bobby Turner is giving his imput, as is all position coaches do during cuts, on who gets cut and who doesn't. Obviously, McD can over-rule, but for all we know, Turner could have suggested this to him.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Meh Walker a scrub, you people need to get over thinking you know much about football player evaluation, because you don't.

Walker's conditioning is unimpressive. Walker's speed is unimpressive. His power is unimpressive and so is his agility. Nothing in his game makes me sorry to see him go. There will be Rbs cut by other teams that are better.

Go ahead and meltdown though people, I know you love to do that. The thing is though to take it out on Jordan is pretty dumb.

Jordan has a ton of experience and good size.

KipCorrington25
09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Lamont makes Tatum Bell look like an all world tackle breaker. Nothing like running into the pile and then falling over, again and again. Im pissed.

Wait, that was running? I thought that was a slow jog... :giggle:

And he breaks tackles like Selvyn Young which means he's yet to break a tackle.

But as I've been saying over and over his spot was safe he is an ex NE guy and that's what McDaniels wants regardless of how washed up they are.

The scary thing will be seeing how many NE cuts he pulls off the scrap heap.

HEAV
09-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Big deal. McDaniels prefered to keep a player he is comfortable with that can play FB/HB in his offense.

Not like Shanny never kept favorites...

UberBroncoMan
09-05-2009, 11:46 AM
I guess it pays to be an ex Patriot.

It's ****ing stupid is what it is.

I don't give a **** about connections. The best move for the franchise would have been the less injured, far younger, more hungry (not literally), RB.

Instead we kept a fatass POS RB on our roster.

Big deal. McDaniels prefered to keep a player he is comfortable with that can play FB/HB in his offense.

Or like getting Cassel over Cutler amiright? Moves like this are just ****ing stupid is what they are. We have Hillis for goal line ****, we don't need this fat **** on our team.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-05-2009, 11:46 AM

Nate Jackson disagrees with this

BroncoMan4ever
09-05-2009, 11:48 AM

i think for the most part the 53 man roster was almost completely decided on before the Arizona game. and since it was already almost set, they decided to rest the rest of the backs and showcase him a little bit, in case he did show he should be on the team or so he could get another job.

HEAV
09-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Nate Jackson disagrees with this

:giggle:

Ya so does Chad Muster:~ohyah!:

broncswin
09-05-2009, 11:54 AM

Or 1st team...ROFL!

Borks147
09-05-2009, 11:55 AM
i think for the most part the 53 man roster was almost completely decided on before the Arizona game. and since it was already almost set, they decided to rest the rest of the backs and showcase him a little bit, in case he did show he should be on the team or so he could get another job.

Yup. This is the answer. Its the same reason why some players are released early, so they have a chance to catch on somewhere else.

Broncoman13
09-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Not only will Jordan make this team, he'll get the short yardage and goal line carries over Peyton Hillis. People haven't been too willing to listen, but I promise you that the NE players are given the inside track on positions/play time and I've heard from a few "folks" that this is in exchange for information on the team's feelings. Basically, McD has snitches in the locker room.

Hogan11
09-05-2009, 12:19 PM
When it comes down between a has been and a never was...McD goes with the has been. :nono:

Rock Chalk
09-05-2009, 12:33 PM

I dont like Jordan but honestly, whats so special about Darius Walker who averaged less than 4 ypc in the last game against scrubs?

SoCalBronco
09-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Not only will Jordan make this team, he'll get the short yardage and goal line carries over Peyton Hillis. People haven't been too willing to listen, but I promise you that the NE players are given the inside track on positions/play time and I've heard from a few "folks" that this is in exchange for information on the team's feelings. Basically, McD has snitches in the locker room.

But...but...but I thought McD was the best thing since sliced bread?

Or so I've been told.

Rohirrim
09-05-2009, 12:53 PM

Man, I hope that's not true. I hate that kind of ****.

broncosteven
09-05-2009, 12:53 PM

Playing time for inside info?

That is sad if true.

I know the guy is young but keeping yes men on staff to control the locker room is ruthless.

broncosteven
09-05-2009, 12:54 PM
BTW how come TSI's darius walker thread is gone?

Did a mod kill it or did he delete it after finding this one?

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Is it Jordon or Jordan?

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 01:39 PM
What? How could that possibly be true? I just can't possibly believe that. If it was true and that got out players would be talking about it...wouldn't they? That sounds like the Al Davis thing that started the fight Cable was involved in.

WABronco
09-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh teh drama!

You sewing circle ladies need to get a grip.

Royalfan19
09-05-2009, 01:48 PM

you're such an asshole. And incredulous is not a big word, the fact that you think so illustrates your limited command of the English language.

Traveler
09-05-2009, 01:55 PM
McDaniels should have cut both Jordan and Walker IMO.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 04:43 PM

This is a spot on post.

Not much can save you by the 4th pre-season game. People you have to understand they had OTA's, Mini camps, passing camps, training camp, 4 preseason games. In between all that were tons of practices where coaches got to see players in every imaginable situation.

Jordan stays because over last couple yrs he has shown that he doesn't fumble a lot, doesn't get caught behind LOS a lot, and has a nose for the endzone.

He's fumbled a grand total of 9 times in the nfl, of those only 4 of them were lost. Stuff like that is important down by the goal line when the game is on the line. Missing a TD bad enough, a fumble you lose any points and probably the game.

Broncoman13
09-05-2009, 05:14 PM
What? How could that possibly be true? I just can't possibly believe that. If it was true and that got out players would be talking about it...wouldn't they? That sounds like the Al Davis thing that started the fight Cable was involved in.

I think you'll most likely start to hear about it now that some of the players are getting cut... You're either a "McD Guy" or your not... those that are not have had a hard time getting back in with the exceptions being Scheffler and Stokely.

tsiguy96
09-05-2009, 05:24 PM
BTW how come TSI's darius walker thread is gone?

Did a mod kill it or did he delete it after finding this one?

i deleted it once i saw it was a repost. i clearly think walker earned a roster spot, jordan had 29 yards on 12 carries, with a long of 8. that makes his other 11 carries go for a total of 21 yards. thats bad.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 05:32 PM
I think you'll most likely start to hear about it now that some of the players are getting cut... You're either a "McD Guy" or your not... those that are not have had a hard time getting back in with the exceptions being Scheffler and Stokely.
Good god I hope you're wrong. That sounds like the same trip Parcells was into.

Florida_Bronco
09-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't know why everyone is so surprised over this move. Darius Walker was an UDFA who only played a few games his rookie year and was out of the league last year. Jordan, on the other hand, has been a productive player in the league for years, a 1000 yard rusher, good receiver and familiar with McDaniels system.

Any of the good posters here (very few of which remain) knew this was coming and know it's a smart move.

broncosteven
09-05-2009, 07:03 PM
i deleted it once i saw it was a repost. i clearly think walker earned a roster spot, jordan had 29 yards on 12 carries, with a long of 8. that makes his other 11 carries go for a total of 21 yards. thats bad.

If you like to see your RB run out of gas in the 3rd Quarter while trying to win a job and repeatedly ask to be replaced then Walker is your man.

I thought it was pretty clear that they were trying to see what Walker was made of, he had some nice runs early but couldn't finish a PS game. How is he going to contribute in the RS if he had to spot start for a game or 2?

The Broncos HC knows what Jordan can do and probably wants him around to rally the locker room should things get ugly during the season.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't know why everyone is so surprised over this move. Darius Walker was an UDFA who only played a few games his rookie year and was out of the league last year. Jordan, on the other hand, has been a productive player in the league for years, a 1000 yard rusher, good receiver and familiar with McDaniels system.

Any of the good posters here (very few of which remain) knew this was coming and know it's a smart move.
That would make sense if Jordan had showed he has anything left, which he didn't. I just hope Moreno comes back and stays healthy, so the only guys we have carrying the ball 90% of the time are him and Hillis.

TonyR
09-05-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm betting every ex-Patriot makes this roster.

Hope you didn't wager too much...

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 08:26 PM
The bottom line is Walker was gassed after five carries in a feature role. You gotta move on from that. Anybody is better than that.

broncocalijohn
09-05-2009, 10:23 PM

I would say that this bothers me more than trading FOR Elway! :giggle:

misturanderson
09-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Pittman didn't look that great in the preseason last year either, then he seemed to turn it on once the regular season got here. It's not like this is going to have a huge impact on the team anyway.

Tombstone RJ
09-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Pittman didn't look that great in the preseason last year either, then he seemed to turn it on once the regular season got here. It's not like this is going to have a huge impact on the team anyway.

Excellent memory, Mr. Anderson.