PDA

View Full Version : Brandstater is going to start against the bungels

Pages : 1 [2]

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Try to stay on topic junior...

We are talking about the potential loss of our top 2 QB's prior to the season opener...

Calling that a serious problem isn't "all hope is lost, we suck, seasons over. constant doom and gloom... blah, blah, blah. "

It's calling it like it is...

Still, there's no reason to go on and on and on about it.

Hell, you've been sniveling about those "top 2 QB's" starting, now you're sniveling about those "top 2 QB's" NOT starting.

And now you're topping your sniveling about the "top 2 QB's" by sniveling about a rookie starting. You're pretty much gonna snivel all year, right?

You get tiresome with your constant sniveling.

Gort
09-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Cito Pelon > TheDave

TheDave
09-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Still, there's no reason to go on and on and on about it.

Hell, you've been sniveling about those "top 2 QB's" starting, now you're sniveling about those "top 2 QB's" NOT starting.

And now you're topping your sniveling about the "top 2 QB's" by sniveling about a rookie starting. You're pretty much gonna snivel all year, right?

You get tiresome with your constant sniveling.

Dude you already won this with the Road apples/Got the goods remarks... Like I said, can't argue with that.

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Dude you already won this with the Road apples/Got the goods remarks... Like I said, can't argue with that.

Road apples are hard to deal with. Very slippery. You gotta be careful where you plant your feet.

Finger Roll
09-05-2009, 08:54 PM
not sure if I want a 6th round rookie to start on the road. But, Orton is looking like a rookie out there himself. Not sure why, he's been getting great pass protection.

orange 4 life
09-05-2009, 08:58 PM
you mean hand the football to Td ?

One of the most ignorant comments I've ever read on this board.
Go back and watch the first superbowl win. Green Bay lined up in a nickel early and often with the idea of stopping Elway even if it meant TD racked up yards, and the strategy almost paid off.
Conversely, the falcons stacked the box and Elway tore 'em to pieces.

Still, against the pack, Elway was the CLEAR leader on the field and he CONSISTENLY made the plays when we needed them.
Stats don't always tell the whole story, and if you think all Elway did was hand off then you either didn't watch the game or you didn't understand what you were watching.

We don't win that game without Elway. Not by a longshot.

FireFly
09-05-2009, 09:11 PM
We're gonna cut Simms and sign Garcia to back up Brandy. Orton is now the #3.

Signing Garcia doesn't sound like all that bad an idea imho

broncocalijohn
09-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Rookie, first NFL game, on the road. What could go wrong?

Defense had better be ready to pitch a shutout.

I agree. This isnt a preseason game. This is for real. I wish Orton wasnt hurt as I feel more confident in him than Brandstater. That being said, I think a ton of running will be inacted for this game. No need to put a ton of pressure on the kid. He earned his stripes last game and I am hopeful based on our defense. Palmer is going to be tough so great test. Run the ball, eat the clock with a breather for the D and less pressure on the QB. My winning formula.

DBroncos4life
09-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm not surprised by this at all. Orton has yet to play a full 16 games in the NFL.

broncocalijohn
09-05-2009, 09:19 PM
This blurb makes no sense, Orton and Simms are out and they know this 9 days prior to the game and yet they cut Martin so they'll play with one QB...

I'm not buying any of it.

that is the one thing I was confused about. Unless another QB is coming in and be ready in time to learn the system and play potentially, I dont see it. No way I was reading 10 pages after no news for 36 hours, though.

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 10:02 PM
not sure if I want a 6th round rookie to start on the road. But, Orton is looking like a rookie out there himself. Not sure why, he's been getting great pass protection.

Orton isn't attacking downfield, and won't be. I think an attacking rookie is the better choice.

Spider
09-06-2009, 06:43 AM
One of the most ignorant comments I've ever read on this board.
Go back and watch the first superbowl win. Green Bay lined up in a nickel early and often with the idea of stopping Elway even if it meant TD racked up yards, and the strategy almost paid off.
Conversely, the falcons stacked the box and Elway tore 'em to pieces.

Still, against the pack, Elway was the CLEAR leader on the field and he CONSISTENLY made the plays when we needed them.
Stats don't always tell the whole story, and if you think all Elway did was hand off then you either didn't watch the game or you didn't understand what you were watching.

We don't win that game without Elway. Not by a longshot.
Hi buddy , hope all is well , but I got to disagree here , my proof , our production went down during the second quarter when TD went down , it was TD that set up the Elway 1 yard TD run in the beginning, then all we could Muster was a FG .... Granted Green Bay thought their D line and glibert Brown could handle TD ......... TD was the clear MVP of that super bowl , as he was all season .......... Unstoppable force

PaintballCLE
09-06-2009, 06:55 AM
I agree. This isnt a preseason game. This is for real. I wish Orton wasnt hurt as I feel more confident in him than Brandstater. That being said, I think a ton of running will be inacted for this game. No need to put a ton of pressure on the kid. He earned his stripes last game and I am hopeful based on our defense. Palmer is going to be tough so great test. Run the ball, eat the clock with a breather for the D and less pressure on the QB. My winning formula.

RUN RUN RUN RUN
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/cinci.jpg

no-pseudo-fan
09-06-2009, 07:20 AM
IDK if the Rook is going to start on Sunday, but if he does I will be supporting him. I think that we can run the ball on the Bengals, and with some good game planning we should be able to get a close win on the road.

CEH
09-06-2009, 07:22 AM
If the Broncos play well overall but lose due to lack of quality QB play, the disappointment will only be that much harder to take.

This list is damn depressing and really another reason why once you have a QB (yes franchise in terms of not having to spend 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks on trying to fill the position)

Now we are hoping a 6th round pick can take other

1st round

Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Tim Couch
Cade Mcnown
David Carr
Patrick Ramsey
Kyle Boller
Byron Leftwich
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Alex Smith
JP Losman

2nd/3rd round

John Beck - Dolphins, 2nd round, #40 overall (2007)
Kevin Kolb - Eagles, 2nd round, #37 overall (2007)
Drew Stanton - Lions, 2nd round, #43 overall (2007)
Chad Henne - Dolphins, 2nd round, #57 overall (2008)
Brian Brohm - Packers, 2nd round, #56 overall (2008)
Kevin O'Connell - Patriots, 3rd round, #94 overall (2008)
Charlie Whitehurst - Chargers, 3rd round, #81 overall (2006)

broncofan7
09-06-2009, 07:33 AM
This list is damn depressing and really another reason why once you have a QB (yes franchise in terms of not having to spend 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks on trying to fill the position)

Now we are hoping a 6th round pick can take other

1st round

Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Tim Couch
Cade Mcnown
David Carr
Patrick Ramsey
Kyle Boller
Byron Leftwich
Rex Grossman
Joey Harrington
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Alex Smith
JP Losman

2nd/3rd round

John Beck - Dolphins, 2nd round, #40 overall (2007)
Kevin Kolb - Eagles, 2nd round, #37 overall (2007)
Drew Stanton - Lions, 2nd round, #43 overall (2007)
Chad Henne - Dolphins, 2nd round, #57 overall (2008)
Brian Brohm - Packers, 2nd round, #56 overall (2008)
Kevin O'Connell - Patriots, 3rd round, #94 overall (2008)
Charlie Whitehurst - Chargers, 3rd round, #81 overall (2006)

BUT, BUT, BUT--we got Robert Ayers, Quinn, Orton and Smith for our Franchise QB!

tsiguy96
09-06-2009, 07:43 AM
we should probably rehash why cutler is no longer in denver again. ready, set, go.

Bronx33
09-06-2009, 01:51 PM
RUN RUN RUN RUN
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/cinci.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1p-QWy3NAc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1p-QWy3NAc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tebowisdabomb
09-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Patriots fans were saying the same thing when Cassel had to step in for Brady. Maybe we'll find out that McDaniels is the genius he really thinks he is.

Did he just compare Brady to Orton?

Inkana7
09-06-2009, 02:04 PM
That's a sweet highlight video and song. looks like he had one hell of a game against Texas A&M.

listopencil
09-06-2009, 02:05 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1p-QWy3NAc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_1p-QWy3NAc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, look at his scrambling TD starting at about 02:40 and compare that w/ Orton's 4th down lefty INT play.

Bronx33
09-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow, look at his scrambling TD starting at about 02:40 and compare that w/ Orton's 4th down lefty INT play.

I noticed that as well and he does have some touch on his long ball.

Punisher
09-06-2009, 07:17 PM
why the pain

Ironlung
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Well, I for one, think we should un-retire the 7 for this guy.

footstepsfrom#27
09-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Nobody is suggesting Brandstater is going to light it up like Brady if he starts, but then neither is his competition. The irony in this discussion, is that half of the experience people are trumpeting Orton for...came when he himself was a rookie starter. If somehow this team manages to exceed expectations and makes a playoff run, I'm sure Orton or Simms will be starting. But if we wind up eating this season, I would expect McD to look towards finding out what the kid has at some point. We've already seen he's got some physical tools, and it appears he's got the mental capability to handle the game as well. Who knows?...it might turn out he saves this draft.

Lev Vyvanse
09-06-2009, 08:42 PM
We're playing football, Charlie!

Yeah. Football.

We're gonna win Charlie, we're gonna win all of our games!

Yeah, charlie. Don't be so mopey!

Mopey, Charlie. We don't need a QB.

Yeah, Charlie. We don't need a QB Charlie!

We're gonna win the Superbowl.

The Superbowl, Charlie!

Shun the non believer. Shun!!

_Oro_
09-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Bump for confusion on the front page.

Baba Booey
09-12-2009, 09:22 AM
bump for confusion on the front page.

Hilarious!

cutthemdown
09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Orton isn't attacking downfield, and won't be. I think an attacking rookie is the better choice.

you really are probably crazy and wrong. We haven't even seen Brandstater get real NFL defense yet. There is a huge difference when you get to regular season. Preseason just doesn't have much in terms of all the other teams tricks.

Jason in LA
09-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I was really thrown for a loop when I read the title to this thread. First thought was oh ****. Second thought was, well, can't be any worse than Orton. ;D

Quoydogs
09-12-2009, 10:03 AM
I was really thrown for a loop when I read the title to this thread. First thought was oh ****. Second thought was, well, can't be any worse than Orton. ;D

:holyguac! It's like your reading my mind.

cutthemdown
09-12-2009, 10:08 AM
you guys are crazy if you think a QB with like 30 wins under his belt is scarier then a rookie who has never won or lost a real NFL game.

The level of football acumen has really shrank on the mane.

broncswin
09-12-2009, 10:15 AM
you guys are crazy if you think a QB with like 30 wins under his belt is scarier then a rookie who has never won or lost a real NFL game.

The level of football acumen has really shrank on the mane.

Thats why we have you^5

cutthemdown
09-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Thats why we have you^5

:thanku: