PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Walter released by the Patriots - pick him up?

Pontius Pirate
09-04-2009, 04:01 PM
From CBS:

The Patriots have trimmed their quarterbacks to two on the depth chart by releasing Andrew Walter on Friday. Walter, signed by the Patriots on Aug. 3 four days after he was waived by Oakland, appeared to have made the team as Tom Brady's backup when the club let go of Kevin O'Connell earlier in the week. Undrafted rookie Brian Hoyer, who played the entire game in New England's 38-27 comeback win over the New York Giants, is the only other quarterback currently on the roster. He should latch on with another team (Kansas City or Denver, perhaps)

loborugger
09-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Nah, I hear Jeff George is making a comeback.

Gcver2ver3
09-04-2009, 04:05 PM
so it's pretty safe to assume a new thread will be started for every QB that gets released, or made available for trade, correct?...

Tombstone RJ
09-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Walter is the type of QB McD likes. I'd dump Ingle and bring Walter in...

broncosteven
09-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Have you seen Branstater and Walter play?

maher_tyler
09-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Didn't want to make an entire new thread but John Clayton just reported on ESPN that the Browns MIGHT cut Jamal Lewis, if so, any chance we pick him up?!

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Kevin Kolb--i'd pony up a 3rd for him--then Philly could keep AJ Felley and Reggie
Brown(rumored that they are trying to package those two in any deal they make)

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Didn't want to make an entire new thread but John Clayton just reported on ESPN that the Browns MIGHT cut Jamal Lewis, if so, any chance we pick him up?!

I wouldn't like that......but who am I to judge?

TheDave
09-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Considering our starter is Orton and the was a 5 page thread slobbering over "Brandy"... I guess now isn't a good time to be picky

broncofan2438
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM
McD will probably look into it

2KBack
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM
What are the odds that Denver carries 4 QB's? I actually really like Walter and think he is a good fit for the McD offense, but I don't see the numbers game working out right now.

cutthemdown
09-04-2009, 04:28 PM
WHy? We have Orton/Simms/Brandstater.

Those are the qbs this yr minus maybe an addition if simms or ortons injury is worst then we thought. As of now though I doubt Walter, being a slow footed plodder, will help us.

Brandstater prob looks better then Walter ever has or will.

cutthemdown
09-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Kevin Kolb--i'd pony up a 3rd for him--then Philly could keep AJ Felley and Reggie
Brown(rumored that they are trying to package those two in any deal they make)

no way they give up Kolb. No friggin way. Besides if they did they would want more then a third that is for sure.

I'd take a fly at Reggie Brown only if Marshall isnt on the team this yr.

Trust me they see Kolb as the replacement for McNabb. It will play out similar to GB/favre IMO at some point.

cutthemdown
09-04-2009, 04:31 PM
What are the odds that Denver carries 4 QB's? I actually really like Walter and think he is a good fit for the McD offense, but I don't see the numbers game working out right now.

Walter just seems slow to me. Release, feet, dropback, motion everything. I think hes a horrid fit and thats why NE took one look and then dropped him.

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Maybe Jordan Palmer is he gets chopped.....