PDA

View Full Version : Williams Murder Suspect Trial delayed

gunns
09-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Broncos slaying suspect’s trial delayed
By P. SOLOMON BANDA, Associated Press Writer
36 minutes ago

Buzz up! 58 PrintDENVER (AP)—A trial for the suspect in the slaying of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams(notes) will be held after the NFL season to give defense attorneys time to interview NFL players who are witnesses in the case.

Denver District Judge Christina Habas made her ruling Friday. The defendant, Willie Clark, faces first-degree murder charges in the shooting death of Williams on New Year’s Day 2007.

Williams’ trial had been set for Oct. 13 but is now scheduled for Feb. 22.

During the hearing, a handcuffed and shackled Clark told Habas that the media has vilified him during the three years since Williams’ death and that he doubts he can get a fair trial.

TailgateNut
09-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Broncos slaying suspect’s trial delayed
By P. SOLOMON BANDA, Associated Press Writer
36 minutes ago

Buzz up! 58 PrintDENVER (AP)—A trial for the suspect in the slaying of Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams(notes) will be held after the NFL season to give defense attorneys time to interview NFL players who are witnesses in the case.

Denver District Judge Christina Habas made her ruling Friday. The defendant, Willie Clark, faces first-degree murder charges in the shooting death of Williams on New Year’s Day 2007.

Williams’ trial had been set for Oct. 13 but is now scheduled for Feb. 22.

During the hearing, a handcuffed and shackled Clark told Habas that the media has vilified him during the three years since Williams’ death and that he doubts he can get a fair trial.

Oh WAAAAAAHHH, they unjustly called a Lowlife, a Lowlife. :spit:

****ing coward. Shoot an unarmed person and wonder why the public and media makes you out to be a villain.ROFL!

philiptr2
09-04-2009, 01:42 PM
He is trying to blame the media for his vilified rep? I'm thinking maybe it was the fact that he is a cold-blooded gangster that people see him as the bad guy.

I still get pissed every time I hear that guys name.

Tombstone RJ
09-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Unfortunately Clark is probably right in that his ability to get a fair trial in Denver is probably compromised.

TailgateNut
09-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately Clark is probably right in that his ability to get a fair trial in Denver is probably compromised.

Forget the trial. Put him in a limo with tinted glass and let someone randomly fire shots at it until blood runs out the door.

Tombstone RJ
09-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Forget the trial. Put him in a limo with tinted glass and let someone randomly fire shots at it until blood runs out the door.

Thanks for proving my point... he is innocent until proven guilty, fyi...

TailgateNut
09-04-2009, 02:22 PM

Oh well, life's a bitch, and then you die.

Garcia Bronco
09-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Good gawd...no wonder this state is in debt. They can't even try a case and put an end to this. The NFL football season is second to justice in our courts

UberBroncoMan
09-04-2009, 03:25 PM

Just like OJ.

bpc
09-04-2009, 05:03 PM
If the world was just, he would be vilified in a lion cage. Sooner the better.

thumpc
09-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Good gawd...no wonder this state is in debt. They can't even try a case and put an end to this. The NFL football season is second to justice in our courts
If they wait til the offseason the witnesses have a chance to run for cover after their testimony.

24champ
09-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Darrent Williams (Getty / Brian Bahr)
Related

* Sep 4:
* Broncos player slaying suspect's trial delayed
* Jul 3:
* Judge "tired" of stalled Hicks trial
* Jun 27:
* Witness claims threat in Darrent Williams case
* Jun 26:
* Suspect in slaying of Broncos player in court
* Jun 4:
* Broncos murder case postponed until October
* May 30:
* Evidence suppression sought in '07 slaying of Denver Bronco Darrent Williams
* May 29:
* Defense attorneys seek to exclude evidence in Bronco murder case
* Feb 25:
* Missing metal sparked jail shakedown
* Feb 24:
* Judge orders trial for Willie Clark on charges he had knife in jail
* Feb 20:
* No bail for accused killer of Bronco
* Dec 12:
* Contraband charge upsets murder suspect
* Oct 30:
* Clark arraignment on first-degree murder charges postponed
* Oct 17:
* Clark makes court appearance in Bronco's killing

A Denver grand jury has indicted a key witness in the Darrent Williams homicide case on two counts of perjury in the first degree and one count of attempting to influence a public servant.

Court records show Mario Anderson, 22, was a passenger in the back seat of a Chevrolet Tahoe that was used in the drive-by shooting of Denver Broncos player Darrent Williams.

The indictment was unsealed today, but the Denver district attorney's office was refusing to release the document and ordered the court clerk not to release it. No reason was given, and it was not clear under what authority District Attorney Mitch Morrissey was acting in blocking the release of a public document.

In October 2008, Willie Clark was indicted by a grand jury on first-degree murder charges.

The 39-count indictment says that a witness reported to investigators that Clark was the driver and that Anderson was sitting in the rear seat behind Clark.

Shots were fired at Williams' limousine as he left a Denver nightclub early on New Year's Day 2007.

The shooting followed an altercation between a group of men Williams was with and another group of men outside the Shelter nightclub on 10th Avenue and Broadway in Denver.

Williams was struck in the neck by a bullet and died. Two other passengers inside the Hummer stretch limo were wounded.

Clark's trial was supposed to start in October, but the case was moved to Feb. 22 because the defense attorneys say they still have more evidence to analyze and want to conduct interviews of witnesses, including NFL players.

This morning, Denver District Judge Christina Habas agreed to postpone the trial.

Habas told Clark that she wants to avoid holding the trial in the middle of Denver Broncos season or in the post-season so he can get a fair trial.

Clark said he understood and agreed with the delay but said it didn't matter when it is held.

"I really don't see how I can get a fair trial anyway," he said to Habas. "I was in the media for two years saying constantly, 'He done it. He done it. He done it,' and I didn't do it."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13271287