PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo calling out Bowlen.

lex
09-04-2009, 10:32 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ar6M9C***NuZbqtTgNlhWrJDubYF?slug=ms-ownerrankingsparttwo090309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Undersand, that in the past Bowlen was usually an automatic top 10 and in most cases top 5.

16. Denver Broncos – Pat Bowlen: After years of relative stability and smart, league-friendly stewardship, Bowlen had what seemed to be the owner’s equivalent of a midlife crisis this past winter after the Broncos blew a playoff berth with a late-season collapse. First Bowlen fired longtime coach Mike Shanahan and replaced him with then-32-year-old Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. Bowlen then allowed McDaniels to hire another neophyte, Brian Xanders, as his handpicked general manager. To say the newbies had a rough start was an understatement. In April McDaniels tried to trade 26-year-old franchise quarterback Jay Cutler(notes), lost the player’s trust and acted as though damage control was beneath him, creating an untenable situation that finally prompted Bowlen to deal Cutler to the Bears. After Cutler successfully pushed his way out of town by alienating the owner, star wideout Brandon Marshall(notes) attempted to do the same and was miffed when the strategy didn’t work. He’s currently under suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. Talk about a Rocky Mountain Low. Through it all Bowlen has been wishy-washy and weak, admitting during the Cutler saga that he’s been having short-term memory lapses. (That might also explain why Marshall’s agent, in June, said Bowlen had told the receiver in a one-on-one meeting he’d deal him while McDaniels insisted the Broncos had no such plans.) Bottom line: I’m worried about Bowlen. He’s only 65, but he appears awfully confused about the direction of his team. Oh, and here’s the capper to a horrid offseason: When Bowlen fired Shanahan, his coach and de facto GM, he wasn’t aware that a league rule required him to post a deposit for the balance of the outgoing employee’s contract. “So he had to give the league $21 million in cash,” one owner says. “Surprise.” Ouch, babe.

elsid13
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
"When Bowlen fired Shanahan, his coach and de facto GM, he wasn’t aware that a league rule required him to post a deposit for the balance of the outgoing employee’s contract So he had to give the league $21 million in cash,” one owner says. “Surprise.” Ouch, babe."

It actually more if you factor in the other fired not working coaches

Borks147
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
1. Jeez, how many times has it been de-bunked that Bowlen wasn't having memory lapses. He said it sarcastically!

2. 21 million IN CASH to Shanny? OUCH

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 10:40 AM
How could Pat not know the league rules? The team has attorneys who are supposed to know this stuff even if he didn't.

bronco militia
09-04-2009, 10:42 AM
that doesn't make any sense if you think back to the clause in Shanny's contract if he talked poorly of the broncos in front of the media

tsiguy96
09-04-2009, 10:44 AM
he didnt give 21 million in cash to him, he had to post a deposit because he OWES him 21 million over next 3 years, so NFL needs to make sure he has the cash. obviously he gets the balance back when shanny takes a job next year.

Tombstone RJ
09-04-2009, 10:45 AM
How could Pat not know the league rules? The team has attorneys who are supposed to know this stuff even if he didn't.

Dude, Pat let Shanny run the show. Why WOULD he know this info.? Shanny did everything for Pat, hell, Shanny probably wrote his contract for Pat.

If I was Pat, I'd be thinking to myself: "wow, Shanny really screwed me with that contract, guess I need to get more up to speed on things like this."

When you have a guy like Shanny running all day to day operations then its easy to become complacent.

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Dude, Pat let Shanny run the show. Why WOULD he know this info.? Shanny did everything for Pat, hell, Shanny probably wrote his contract for Pat.

If I was Pat, I'd be thinking to myself: "wow, Shanny really screwed me with that contract, guess I need to get more up to speed on things like this."

When you have a guy like Shanny running all day to day operations then its easy to become complacent.
He would know because as the owner it's his responsibility to know. Bowlen has legal counsel to advise him on every aspect of what he does. Shanahan is not a lawyer, and there's no way Bowlen would trust his coach to handle this kind of thing. If it's true, it's just another indication that he's not paying attention to what is happening like he ought to be.

rastaman
09-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Question I have, is who will be the replacement for Bowlen in 3-5 years! The game has obviously passed him by and he's barely hanging on, especially with his apparent memory issues at 65.

bpc
09-04-2009, 10:52 AM
I guess people will realize how far this franchise has come when we're getting blown out in Cincy.

rastaman
09-04-2009, 10:55 AM
he didnt give 21 million in cash to him, he had to post a deposit because he OWES him 21 million over next 3 years, so NFL needs to make sure he has the cash. obviously he gets the balance back when shanny takes a job next year.

Shanny might soak him for another 7 milllion if he doesn't find the right job as HC. Shanahan will be looking for a turn-key head coaching job like the one landed Mike Tomlin with the Steelers, i.e. a HC job that already includes a Franchise-Pro Bowl QB. Thats hard to do......so Shanny might make Pat pay him the full 21 million. 8')

Rohirrim
09-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Good thing I wasn't the owner. After the ass kicking by the Raiders IN OUR OWN HOUSE followed by that three game collapse to end the season, I would have shot his ass and buried him with the $21 mil.

I swear, there are people on this board who don't even remember those games. It's like selective amnesia. Does 52 - 21 ring any bells? Followed by "Slowik isn't going anywhere!" ???

TonyR
09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
It's like selective amnesia. Does 52 - 21 ring any bells?

Yep, people do over glorify the past. They also seem to forget how at one time the Broncos were a franchise that was a premier FA destination. Zimmerman, Neil Smith, Schlereth, Romanowski, etc. Since those days name one premier FA Shanny brought in? Fact is, they didn't want to go there any more. They had to overpay to get a guy like Graham and we lost the bidding for Patrick Kerney. Hell, even Jake Plummer considered going to lowly (at the time) Chicago instead of coming to Denver. Some people just don't realize that for the last several years the Broncos weren't remotely what they used to be.

rastaman
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Hell, Bowlen could have fired Slowick and hired the new Def Coord and taken GM duties away from Shanny! He's the Boss after all. Shanny would have just had to deal with it or quit and loose out getting paid 7 million per year over 3 years. Shanny loves money....would have been pissed with the changes, but he loved coaching the Broncos and living in Denver enough to adjust. It would have been a genius move by Bowlen and the core stability of the Broncos would still be in place, i.e. Cutler and Shanahan still in Denver.

Bowlen screwed up.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-04-2009, 11:10 AM
And so lex rejoices.

I've never seen someone so proud of the downfall of a team he supposedly roots for.

SoDak Bronco
09-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I guess people will realize how far this franchise has come when we're getting blown out in Cincy.

Child please

Rohirrim
09-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Hell, Bowlen could have fired Slowick and hired the new Def Coord and taken GM duties away from Shanny! He's the Boss after all. Shanny would have just had to deal with it or quit and loose out getting paid 7 million per year over 3 years. Shanny loves money....would have been pissed with the changes, but he loved coaching the Broncos and living in Denver enough to adjust. It would have been a genius move by Bowlen and the core stability of the Broncos would still be in place, i.e. Cutler and Shanahan still in Denver.

Bowlen screwed up.

How do you know he didn't?

Tombstone RJ
09-04-2009, 11:18 AM

Bowlen screwed up.

Where Bowlen screwed up is in his personal relationship with his "employee." Bowlen and Shanny were like best friends. I can almost guarantee you that Bowlen would not impose his will over Shanny like that due to their "friendship."

This is why Bowlen is now getting screwed financially. He became too buddy-buddy with his employee and now the employee is laughing all the way to the bank.

I hope Bowlen learned his lesson. I bet that Kraft and Belichick aren't buddy-buddies. If Kraft needs to impose his will, I bet he has the capacity to do this because he's keeping his relationship with Belichick on a professional level.

Pat just got too darn comfortable with Shanny and he let Shanny run the show. All Pat had to do was open up a bottle of scotch and kick his heals up on his desk.

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 11:18 AM
And so lex rejoices.

I've never seen someone so proud of the downfall of a team he supposedly roots for.

This article certainly doesn't cast our owner in a positive light, does it? The part about not knowing that he had to put up $21 million is VERY troubling......

rastaman
09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Yep, people do over glorify the past. They also seem to forget how at one time the Broncos was a franchise that was a premier FA destination. Zimmerman, Neil Smith, Schlereth, Romanowski, etc. Since those days name one premier FA Shanny brought in? Fact is, they didn't want to come here any more. They had to overpay to get a guy like Graham and we lost the bidding for Patrick Kerney. Hell, even Jake Plummer considered going to lowly (at the time) Chicago instead of coming to Denver. People just don't realize that for the last several years the Broncos weren't remotely what they used to be.

Plummber tested the FA market and went to the highest bidder and to a QB friendly system and to a team who's HC new how to elevate a QB's game. I doubt Jake would have developed and put the stats he did in Denver had he gone to the Bears. By the way, one noteable FA Shanny landed was Champ Bailey, and the Browcos Def. Line wasn't that bad for the 1st two years.

Mr.Meanie
09-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Midlife crises? Please.

The bottom line in this league is if you don't win, or if you're mediocre you get fired, no matter what the excuses are. That is, of course, unless you're the Bungles.

TonyR
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM
...one noteable FA Shanny landed was Champ Bailey...

Nope. Wrong. Champ was acquired via trade.

ZONA
09-04-2009, 11:23 AM

Bowlen screwed up.

Shanahan won 1 playoff game since 1998. That's not slowick's fault. Any other caoch would have been fired long before that. Then throw on there the 3 game melt down last year and the writing was on the wall for Shanahan.

Some people here really need to come to terms with that. Shanhan had 1 good year in the past 10, that's not great what so ever.

tsiguy96
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Shanny might soak him for another 7 milllion if he doesn't find the right job as HC. Shanahan will be looking for a turn-key head coaching job like the one landed Mike Tomlin with the Steelers, i.e. a HC job that already includes a Franchise-Pro Bowl QB. Thats hard to do......so Shanny might make Pat pay him the full 21 million. 8')

its very, very possible. but i dont think shanny could stand being out of the league for 2 years.

Popcorn Sutton
09-04-2009, 11:36 AM
So is Rick Reilly:

The Denver Broncos' Pat Bowlen used to be one of the cleverest owners in sports. But now he's being undercut by an insidious opponent -- himself.

Bowlen, 65, admitted recently that he has "short-term memory loss." There are whole parts of the Broncos' Super Bowl seasons he says he can't recall.

Bowlen still insists Jay Cutler never called him back during McJay Gate this winter, which left him "no choice" but to trade a dead-lock Pro Bowl 26-year-old quarterback for Kyle Orton and draft choices.

But I've now got it from three different sources -- who choose to remain unidentified -- that Cutler did call Bowlen back.

"Jay called him twice," said one source. "It's unbelievable it came to this."

Is it possible Bowlen forgot?

People close to the team are starting to wonder how much the memory loss is affecting Bowlen's decision making. Disgrunted wide receiver Brandon Marshall says Bowlen promised him in June that he'd trade him. Yet Marshall remains untraded and unhappy.

They're also noticing that more and more of the final decisions have come down to Chief Operating Officer Joe Ellis, a cousin of George W. Bush, who is not a football guy and definitely not a Cutler fan. If you recall, Ellis alone made the trip out to Boston to have a second conversation with the Broncos' highly suspect new 33-year-old head coach, Josh McDaniels.

And how's this for weird: Bowlen admitted in May that he still hadn't spoken to the coach he fired, Mike Shanahan. Those two used to be the best of friends. Not even a phone call? Is Bowlen sure?

These and other curious goings-on have left the team with slim hopes and two Salvation Army QBs -- Kyle Orton and Chris Simms. Letting Cutler go will cost the franchise for years to come. This season, the general Las Vegas over/under on Broncos wins is seven. They'll be lucky to get six.

Making a lot of Denver fans will wish they could forget, too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4429435

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Nope. Wrong. Champ was acquired via trade.

How could anyone forget Clinton Portis?

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 11:44 AM
He would know because as the owner it's his responsibility to know. Bowlen has legal counsel to advise him on every aspect of what he does. Shanahan is not a lawyer, and there's no way Bowlen would trust his coach to handle this kind of thing. If it's true, it's just another indication that he's not paying attention to what is happening like he ought to be.

WOW! I am shocked!--Footsteps preaching about personal responsibility! Does this new position of yours translate over to your posts in the war, religion and politics threads as well? Ha! Hilarious!

Rashomon
09-04-2009, 11:49 AM

I always had the impression that Bowlen fired Shanahan impulsively, so he probably didn't talk to everyone thoroughly about all of the ramifications of his actions before he did it.

I wonder if this unexpected outlay of cash, and Bowlen's supposed financial problems, explains why Cassel is not a Bronco right now. I really think McDaniels jumped into the Cassel sweepstakes late, then Bowlen found out he was going to have to pay $16 Million for Cassel for the year and nixed any thoughts of picking him up.

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Question I have, is who will be the replacement for Bowlen in 3-5 years!
Edgar Kaiser? ;D

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 12:05 PM
WOW! I am shocked!--Footsteps preaching about personal responsibility! Does this new position of yours translate over to your posts in the war, religion and politics threads as well? Ha! Hilarious!
Dude...you're the one who likes to emphasize personal responsibility only when it suits you; mostly when it offers you an opportunity to express your disdain for black people.

And this isn't the place for a WRP discussion during the season...obviously.

Mr.Meanie
09-04-2009, 12:11 PM

This thread isn't about black people, why are you posting here?

SouthStndJunkie
09-04-2009, 12:14 PM
So is Rick Reilly:

The Denver Broncos' Pat Bowlen used to be one of the cleverest owners in sports. But now he's being undercut by an insidious opponent -- himself.

Bowlen, 65, admitted recently that he has "short-term memory loss." There are whole parts of the Broncos' Super Bowl seasons he says he can't recall.

Bowlen still insists Jay Cutler never called him back during McJay Gate this winter, which left him "no choice" but to trade a dead-lock Pro Bowl 26-year-old quarterback for Kyle Orton and draft choices.

But I've now got it from three different sources -- who choose to remain unidentified -- that Cutler did call Bowlen back.

People close to the team are starting to wonder how much the memory loss is affecting Bowlen's decision making. Disgrunted wide receiver Brandon Marshall says Bowlen promised him in June that he'd trade him. Yet Marshall remains untraded and unhappy.

They're also noticing that more and more of the final decisions have come down to Chief Operating Officer Joe Ellis, a cousin of George W. Bush, who is not a football guy and definitely not a Cutler fan. If you recall, Ellis alone made the trip out to Boston to have a second conversation with the Broncos' highly suspect new 33-year-old head coach, Josh McDaniels.

And how's this for weird: Bowlen admitted in May that he still hadn't spoken to the coach he fired, Mike Shanahan. Those two used to be the best of friends. Not even a phone call? Is Bowlen sure?

These and other curious goings-on have left the team with slim hopes and two Salvation Army QBs -- Kyle Orton and Chris Simms. Letting Cutler go will cost the franchise for years to come. This season, the general Las Vegas over/under on Broncos wins is seven. They'll be lucky to get six.

If the bold portion of this is true and Cutler did call him back a few times, then Bowlen has lost his marbles and should not be running a franchise.

TonyR
09-04-2009, 12:15 PM
How could anyone forget Clinton Portis?

Never over estimate rastaboy.

TheDave
09-04-2009, 12:15 PM
WOW...

It only took 30 posts to go from "Yahoo calling out Bowlen" to broncofan7 hates black people...

Damn... Gotta love the OM

Beantown Bronco
09-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Yahoo better watch it or they'll lose their press credentials to next year's training camp.

TailgateNut
09-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I swear, there are people on this board who don't even remember those games. It's like selective amnesia. Does 52 - 21 ring any bells? Followed by "Slowik isn't going anywhere!" ???

Those SAME PEOPLE accuse others of not caring about the team.

DenverBrit
09-04-2009, 12:35 PM
If the bold portion of this is true and Cutler did call him back a few times, then Bowlen has lost his marbles and should not be running a franchise.

That part of the article is nonsense and has been debunked often.

Remember, Cutler and his agent, Bus Cook both denied ever receiving phone calls from Bowlen.

So how could Cutler return calls he never received?

alkemical
09-04-2009, 01:05 PM
WOW...

It only took 30 posts to go from "Yahoo calling out Bowlen" to broncofan7 hates black people...

shuddup cracka ;)

alkemical
09-04-2009, 01:06 PM
That part of the article is nonsense and has been debunked often.

Remember, Cutler and his agent, Bus Cook both denied ever receiving phone calls from Bowlen.

So how could Cutler return calls he never received?

debunked by whom, the Mane?

LOL

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Dude...you're the one who likes to emphasize personal responsibility only when IT IS PERTINENT; mostly when it offers you an opportunity to express your disdain for ANYONE WHO CHOOSES A LIFE OF CRIME OVER HARD WORK AND EDUCATION.

Fixed.

Hypocrite. But that is my last comment on the issue.

Bronx33
09-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Omg!!!!! Not yahoo!!!!!!!! They are the very last website you want writing about you!!!!

SureShot
09-04-2009, 02:02 PM
WOW...

http://www.aaronblackshear.com/images/cracka.jpg

Hogan11
09-04-2009, 02:08 PM
"When Bowlen fired Shanahan, his coach and de facto GM, he wasn’t aware that a league rule required him to post a deposit for the balance of the outgoing employee’s contract So he had to give the league $21 million in cash,” one owner says. “Surprise.” Ouch, babe."

It actually more if you factor in the other fired not working coaches

My God :notthissh

bendog
09-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Y'all ever think the nutshell of this is that Cutler laid an excuse not to extend Cutlers contract in Bowlen's lap, so Bowlen decided paying him around 100 mil with 35-40 guraanteed, was just not something he cared to do at age 65?

TheReverend
09-04-2009, 02:47 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/Rydiculous/seinfield.gif

colonelbeef
09-04-2009, 02:54 PM
So is Rick Reilly:

It just keeps getting worse. What a ****ing disaster.

azbroncfan
09-04-2009, 02:54 PM
This sounds of the booze kicking Bowlen's ass.

colonelbeef
09-04-2009, 02:59 PM
This sounds of the booze kicking Bowlen's ass.

At first I had thought that he was saying it tongue in cheek, messing around- being sarcastic.

Now I am starting to believe the same thing, I've seen it happen firsthand.

bendog
09-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Rev, really?

bowlen's minimum fed tax bite on a team sale will be around $150,000.000, and that's only if congress doesn't raise the cap gains tax. If he dies owning the team, he owes the feds around $400,000,000

listopencil
09-04-2009, 04:39 PM

Bowlen screwed up.

This.

Bronx33
09-04-2009, 04:56 PM
It just keeps getting worse. What a ****ing disaster.

Don't believe everything you read i heard shanahan told pat if slowick goes then so do i ( my readings are just as crediable) see what i mean. ;D

NYBronco
09-04-2009, 06:02 PM

Shanny also lost the AFC West title for Pat in his last season by not winning one of the last three games. That kind of accomplishment deserves to be rewarded as it is unmatched in the great history of the NFL.

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Fixed.

Hypocrite. But that is my last comment on the issue.
Of course it is.

baja
09-04-2009, 06:46 PM
1. Jeez, how many times has it been de-bunked that Bowlen wasn't having memory lapses. He said it sarcastically!

2. 21 million IN CASH to Shanny? OUCH

You chastise people for not getting Bowlen's obscure sarcasm in point 1 and in your point 2 you clearly misread a very clearly stated point in the fresh article posted just above your post when you say "Shanny was paid 21 mil....

Funny stuff there 147.

TheReverend
09-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Of course it is.

Can I clarify that I don't consider myself remotely racist, but I have no issue admitting that I am culturally biased.

I despise the hip-hop culture. I hate the attitude that it seems to breed. This is hardly exclusive to white/black, considering the level of permeation hip-hop has hit this society with.

Anyways, as a spoiled, rich, pretty, white kid, I still feel I have the ultimate trump card of working with and relying on all diff races with my life. But maybe thinking that way is racist?

Who knows.

Regardless, I love Mexican, Black, Jewish, Asian, French, Irish, British, etc jokes... just not German jokes, because that's racial against my heritage, assholes. (Kidding, I love being called a kraut, national socialist, jew killer, adolph and so on!)

DenverBrit
09-04-2009, 11:16 PM
debunked by whom, the Mane?

LOL

By the facts!

How do you return a phone call that you claimed you never received?

You don't, it never happened.

TheReverend
09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
I can prove I'm not racist:

Now I'm pretty sure Footsteps is a black guy, and here's my opinion on him:

I think he's smart, hates fried chicken, loves police and sucks at basketball.

I'm also sure broncofan7 is a white guy from the south, and here's my opinion on him:

He doesn't rave about episodes of Seinfeld, can't ice skate, and he looks terrible in white hoods.

Any Asians in the house.........?

lazarus4444
09-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Who the **** is yahoo? Just a bunch of piss ants these days. Youtube gets more traffic daily than they do. **** them!

SureShot
09-04-2009, 11:40 PM

I'm also sure broncofan7 is a white guy from the south, and here's my opinion on him:

He doesn't rave about episodes of Seinfeld, can't ice skate, and he looks terrible in white hoods.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9987/3289988771e0fb908189o.gif

errand
09-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Wouldn't it be ironic if Jay has a poor season, causing Lovie Smith to lose his job...and Mike is hired in as Bears new HC. Mike went to Eastern Illinois didn't he?

SureShot
09-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Wouldn't it be ironic if Jay has a poor season, causing Lovie Smith to lose his job...and Mike is hired in as Bears new HC. Mike went to Eastern Illinois didn't he?

He grew up just outside of Chicago. It would be interesting to see, but I don't think Chicago has a high enough UV rating.

TheReverend
09-05-2009, 12:11 AM

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9987/3289988771e0fb908189o.gif

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 12:42 AM

Footsteps is white, smart, likes fried chicken, doesn't care for cops and believe it or not can still play a nifty point guard, though the jumper probably needs work. 1 for 5... :sunshine:

SureShot
09-05-2009, 12:45 AM
footsteps is white,

TheReverend
09-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Footsteps is white, smart, likes fried chicken, doesn't care for cops and believe it or not can still play a nifty point guard, though the jumper probably needs work. 1 for 5... :sunshine:

Um, sorry

We're obviously talking about a different footsteps.

Here's a pic of him:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/aggreko07/oh.jpg

SureShot
09-05-2009, 12:56 AM
I thought this was footsteps.

footstepsfrom#27
09-05-2009, 01:10 AM
ROFL! :rofl: LOL

Cool Breeze
09-05-2009, 07:46 AM

http://pure-essence.net/stuff/funny/chinglish/dont-touch-yourself.jpg

baja
09-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Can I clarify that I don't consider myself remotely racist, but I have no issue admitting that I am culturally biased.

I despise the hip-hop culture. I hate the attitude that it seems to breed. This is hardly exclusive to white/black, considering the level of permeation hip-hop has hit this society with.

Anyways, as a spoiled, rich, pretty, white kid, I still feel I have the ultimate trump card of working with and relying on all diff races with my life. But maybe thinking that way is racist?

Who knows.

Regardless, I love Mexican, Black, Jewish, Asian, French, Irish, British, etc jokes... just not German jokes, because that's racial against my heritage, a-holes. (Kidding, I love being called a kraut, national socialist, jew killer, adolph and so on!)

I have always wondered why such a high percentage of alcoholics are really smart guys.

tnedator
09-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Why do people keep ragging on Bowlen? Did he make the right choice with McDaniels? Who knows. It's possible that McDaniels, like Phillips, will be two and done, but let's not lose site of a few things.

The Broncos have been one of the winningest franchises in the NFL under Bowlen's ownership, INCLUDING since Elway retired. I'm a little embarrassed when I see fans ranting about Pat Bowlen, when by all accounts he has been one of the league's best owners, and has been GREAT for the Broncos and their fans.

Cool Breeze
09-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Michael Silver is a crackhead!!! What the hell does he know? This is just fuel for the haters...
He picks K.C. to win the division - some rocket science- just sayin'
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoFXkDlTbhH9QU7E7LNLEJ05nYcB?slug=ms-thegameface090409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/kan/;_ylt=Ahez7Qo42REtRvicP42oKLSr0op4): Was this a misprint? Nope – it was a comment on the shaky state of the AFC West (the Broncos and Raiders are messes) and a warning to the Chargers that the whole coast-until-you-need-to-turn-it-on thing won’t work three years in a row. The Chiefs, despite their 2-14 record last season, were more dangerous than people realized by December and will benefit from new coach Todd Haley’s shrewd game-planning and new general manager Scott Pioli’s grasp of personnel. They’re my pick to prevail in football’s weakest division.

colonelbeef
09-05-2009, 08:45 AM

I think anything short of a SB appearance, and Shanahan is the HC in Chicago next year.

TonyR
09-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Michael Silver is a crackhead!!! What the hell does he know? This is just fuel for the haters...
He picks K.C. to win the division - some rocket science- just sayin'

Was this a misprint? Nope – it was a comment on the shaky state of the AFC West (the Broncos and Raiders are messes) and a warning to the Chargers that the whole coast-until-you-need-to-turn-it-on thing won’t work three years in a row. The Chiefs, despite their 2-14 record last season, were more dangerous than people realized by December and will benefit from new coach Todd Haley’s shrewd game-planning and new general manager Scott Pioli’s grasp of personnel. They’re my pick to prevail in football’s weakest division.

Dangerous in December? They were 0-4!

I suppose anything is possible but I don't see it. The Chargers run away with the division this year.

Orange4Life
09-05-2009, 10:33 AM

No kidding. That never happened with Shanny running the show:thumbs:

rastaman
09-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Y'all ever think the nutshell of this is that Cutler laid an excuse not to extend Cutlers contract in Bowlen's lap, so Bowlen decided paying him around 100 mil with 35-40 guraanteed, was just not something he cared to do at age 65?

Naw.....its only money! :sunshine:

rastaman
09-05-2009, 11:03 AM
No kidding. That never happened with Shanny running the show:thumbs:

No kiding.....we see how well McD does with the O-line that was drafted by Shanny! We will also see how well McD is able to utilize Royal and Hillis....also drafted by Shanny!

McD must win or loose with Shanny's players for at least his first two years and hope by his 3rd year, the players he himself have drafted start to Bear Fruit but to also make the play offs in his 3rd year.

rastaman
09-05-2009, 11:09 AM

Who knows.

Regardless, I love Mexican, Black, Jewish, Asian, French, Irish, British, etc jokes... just not German jokes, because that's racial against my heritage, a-holes. (Kidding, I love being called a kraut, national socialist, jew killer, adolph and so on!)

Its all good. Rev you ain't gotta explain we all know were all in this together as a Country. United we stand.....divided we fall.:afro: Peace Brotha!

rastaman
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Why do people keep ragging on Bowlen? Did he make the right choice with McDaniels? Who knows. It's possible that McDaniels, like Phillips, will be two and done, but let's not lose site of a few things.

The Broncos have been one of the winningest franchises in the NFL under Bowlen's ownership, INCLUDING since Elway retired. I'm a little embarrassed when I see fans ranting about Pat Bowlen, when by all accounts he has been one of the league's best owners, and has been GREAT for the Broncos and their fans.

It comes with the territory! During times of tumultuous change comes finger pointing. Bowlen and McD are the focal point of all the change and decision both will need to prove overwhelmingly that they knew what they were doing.

The only way to prove that.....is to WIN! Until thats done, both will need to grow "Thick Skin"!

JUST WIN BABY!! :sunshine:

alkemical
09-06-2009, 07:53 PM
By the facts!

How do you return a phone call that you claimed you never received?

You don't, it never happened.

uhm i forget is how.....

baja
09-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Yo Josh, I'll be in your neck of the woods next week

Bronx33
09-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Anymore cyber threats reported?

DenverBrit
09-06-2009, 10:49 PM
uhm i forget is how.....

You're thinking Bowlen. ;D