PDA

View Full Version : Daius Walker or Lamont Jordan...who would you keep?

lex
09-04-2009, 09:27 AM
poll to follow

Smiling Assassin27
09-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Darius. He's younger, hungrier, and could be our Kevin Faulk if given the chance.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
1) Jordan has looked like ****.

2) he's old and i dont see the upside to keeping him around

kamakazi_kal
09-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Jordan has sucked since he left NY. Dump his ass, I don't care if he knows the "system" or not.

Dudeskey
09-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Walker. Jordan looks like he cringes when there's about to be contact.

rastaman
09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
1) Jordan has looked like ****.

2) he's old and i dont see the upside to keeping him around

Maybe he hasn't gotten use to playing at altitude! :wiggle:

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Walker's surpised me. I wasn't impressed in the beginning but he looks like a keeper.

Rohirrim
Can there even be a question?

lex
Jordan has sucked since he left NY. Dump his ass, I don't care if he knows the "system" or not.

Walker played for Chalie Weis in college.

rastaman
Walker. Jordan looks like he cringes when there's about to be contact.

Wouldn't you....that shiiiiit hurts! ^5

crush17
09-04-2009, 09:35 AM
There's no question.

If Jordan makes the team over Walker... boy I think I might just blow my lid. The kid runs hard every single play. Jordan literally stops running when he gets touched. Its pathetic!

BroncoFanatic
09-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I surprised anyone voted for Jordan, he's been completely unimpressive this far, waste of a roster spot IMO

Tombstone RJ
09-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Good Lord Walker was gassed last night during the 2nd quarter. He needs some serious conditioning. That being said, I'd prefer him over Jordon.

Now, if Buckhalter get's injured then having Jordon would be nice because he's a tenured vet. However, if Buckhalter stays healthy then Jordon, IMHO, is expendable.

Dudeskey
09-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Wouldn't you....that shiiiiit hurts! ^5

Oh yeah, for sure. But thats not the same Lamont Jordan I saw with the Jests. The old Jordan that would relieve C-Mart was a tough SOB...

USMCBladerunner
09-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Jordan is afraid of contact...that can sort of be a problem sometimes when you are a running back...he's done nothing but piss me off all preseason and I really hope he gets cut.

Popcorn Sutton
09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Walker based on running skills alone. Jordan does have good hands and may be a better blocker... not sure. I'd go with Walker because he's young and doesn't have to cram rebar into his jersey on gameday. How many leg braces can one guy wear?

no-pseudo-fan
09-04-2009, 10:23 AM
I think McD has to cut Jordan. If he does he gains a lot of cred with the fans and the Bronco locker room, because we all see the Jordan is done and by cutting one of "his guys" because they are not up to snuff shows that everyone has to earn their spot.

If Jordan makes the team, it sends a really bad message.

ColoradoBuff
09-04-2009, 10:26 AM
jordan needs to go!

Dr. Broncenstein
09-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Jordan is washed up.

gtown
09-04-2009, 10:51 AM
If McD keeps Jordan its gonna be one of those Shanahan-style nepotism picks. He brings nothing to the table. I rewatched the Seahags game and he just fell over once he got to the second level in anticipation of getting hit. Walker runs hungry, likes he actually wants to make this team.

bloodsunday
09-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Seems like the only thing Lamont adds is goal line carries, but with the stable of backs we have that should be covered.

Hogan11
09-04-2009, 01:53 PM
When it's between a has been and a never was, you go with the never was.

SouthStndJunkie
09-04-2009, 02:05 PM
If the last RB spot comes down to Darius Walker or Lamont Jordan, then I hope Walker wins the job. He is only 23 and has upside. Jordan is 30 and looks slow to me.

SportinOne
09-04-2009, 02:17 PM
This is a no brainer.

The problem is that Jordan hasn't played really all preseason. Why? Why not just cut him weeks ago if you didn't intend to use him. It's almost as if he is getting the special treatment that an LT would get because it's a given that he'll be ready to go for the regular season and he's just going through the motions right now. That would have to mean that McDaniels told him his job is a sure thing. That's horse crap.

Walker!

SportinOne
09-04-2009, 02:21 PM
By the way, what's the deal with Ryan Torain

WABronco
09-04-2009, 02:23 PM
new poll to follow: does the 3rd string running back matter, or do they generally all suck?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Walker. **** that fat ewok.

ward63
09-04-2009, 02:25 PM

Cut about a month ago

Smiling Assassin27
09-04-2009, 02:26 PM

Didn't you hear? He broke all Bronco all time and single season records and then was assumed into Heaven in a chariot driven by Red Grange and Jim Thorpe....

WABronco
09-04-2009, 02:30 PM
"Oh but Walker has heart and Jordan is a croney of McDipshiat"

"Oh boo hoo hoo what ever shall we do?"

UberBroncoMan
09-04-2009, 02:31 PM
All I know is that the 3 people who voted Jordan scare me.

cutthemdown
09-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Jordan IMO has some experience we could need. Bucky gets hurt a lot so it makes since to pair to older vets, Bucky/Jordan with 2 younger backs, Hillis/Moreno. Because Hillis/Moreno can both catch pretty well we should be fine on 3rd downs.

Not that Walker didn't run hard and look good. It wouldn't surprise me if he makes the team. But don't surprised to see the Broncos keep 5 backs.

cutthemdown
09-04-2009, 03:38 PM
well I just explained my thinking so there you go. Just because 90% think otherwise doesn't make you right.

maher_tyler
09-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I chose Jordan not sure why...if the browns cut Lewis, i wouldn't mind bringing him in

Orange_Beard
09-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Jordan is a chuck of crap.

_Oro_
09-04-2009, 06:55 PM
The only thing I like about Jordan is his spin move.

Bronx33
09-04-2009, 07:07 PM
who cares lex you will end up crying about it later anyways.

Broncofan_H
09-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I always wondered why a Raider fan I talk with on the internets always called Jordan a "big girl".

Now I know.

I hope they keep Walker.

Florida_Bronco
09-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Jordan.

bronco0608
09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Why in the world would we have to choose between either of them? They are both going to make the team team.

Unless, of course, you want start the season with 4 freaking running backs.

Stupid thread.

WABronco
09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Why in the world would we have to choose between either of them? They are both going to make the team team.

Stupid thread.

Uh, lol?

It's entirely normal to start the season with 3 freaking running backs.

KevinJames
09-04-2009, 08:18 PM
this board is going to erupt when we keep Jordan tomorrow ........tho I agree we should keep Walker neither will really impact our offense that much so I could really care less to be honest.

azbroncfan
09-04-2009, 08:22 PM
I voted Walker because Jordan would get hurt anyway in his first 5 carries.

WABronco
09-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Jordan was a clutch TD-maker for NE last year I wouldn't be surprised if he is kept. It's not like Darius Walker is greatness personified.

watermock
09-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Too late now.

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 07:00 AM

Stupid thread.

True. 5 RB's is typical. Unless they're planning on resigning Torain after cutting one of them.

tsiguy96
09-05-2009, 07:47 AM
this board is going to erupt when we keep Jordan tomorrow ........tho I agree we should keep Walker neither will really impact our offense that much so I could really care less to be honest.

*couldnt care less. could care less implies theres a way that you WOULD be able to care less for the situation.

CHANGSTER
09-05-2009, 07:58 AM
This is one of the closer polls Ive seen.

No question its Walker.

JCMElway
09-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Why do we need LaMont Jordan to be a short yardage back when we have Hillis to get the tough yards?

SouthStndJunkie
09-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Darius Walker dumped in Denver

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 5, 2009 12:24 PM ET

PFT head honcho Mike Florio has informed us that running back Darius Walker has been by the Broncos.

Some in Denver thought Walker could end up making the team over LaMont Jordan, but that didn't happen.

It's uncertain if Jordan will make the roster behind Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, and Peyton Hillis, who can also line up at fullback.

Mogulseeker
09-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Neither. We would be fine with Hillis, Moreno, and Buckhalter.

However, of the two, Walker has looked better, is younger, and has more of an upside.

Shizz... Walker just cut.

LonghornBronco
09-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Why do we need LaMont Jordan to be a short yardage back when we have Hillis to get the tough yards?

I also like Hillis to get tough yards, however I think his one achielies heel is he is a little slow getting to the hole.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I also like Hillis to get tough yards, however I think his one achielies heel is he is a little slow getting to the hole.

yep I think Moreno has best chance to become a TD stud. It's not about size really. No RB big enough to run over 300 pound lineman which is what you get at the goaline. It's about getting up to the LOS quickly and squirting through a gap. If Oline getting a big push then a guy like Hillis probably waltzes in, but our guys don't really get that in the redzone because of there size.

It's a misnomer the best goal line back are big backs.

Jordan I think just got kept because over the yrs he has shown a knack for slipping into the endzone, even though he's big and sort of slow. Plus he's a vet and has been around, you want a few of those on the team.

Popps
09-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I still like Jordan's versatility. He was effective for NE late last season. I think people will eventually be glad we have him.

Cool Breeze
09-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Dominic Rhodes

Cito Pelon
09-05-2009, 02:27 PM
yep I think Moreno has best chance to become a TD stud. It's not about size really. No RB big enough to run over 300 pound lineman which is what you get at the goaline. It's about getting up to the LOS quickly and squirting through a gap. If Oline getting a big push then a guy like Hillis probably waltzes in, but our guys don't really get that in the redzone because of there size.

It's a misnomer the best goal line back are big backs.

Jordan I think just got kept because over the yrs he has shown a knack for slipping into the endzone, even though he's big and sort of slow. Plus he's a vet and has been around, you want a few of those on the team.

Well, they're a little thin at RB, have been since 2004, actually. Just gonna have to make the most of it. Torain is always an option to come back.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Told you I was smarter then all of you. I knew they wouldn't be cutting Jordan. Over 20 tds the last 5 yrs. Only 4 lost fumbles in his career. You people really need to pull your heads out. We used to have some knowledge around here when it came to football......what the **** happened?

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Once again 90 percent of the mane proven wrong. Time to take the panties off and start learning football again.

Florida_Bronco
09-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Once again 90 percent of the mane proven wrong. Time to take the panties off and start learning football again.

It'll never happen. Taco has let the morons overtake the Mane and many good posters like Montrose, Kaylore, Wabbit and others refuse to post here because of it. Even a few of the previously solid posters have either become full on douchebags or drama queens.

This place is getting worse by the day and I don't see anyone doing anything to stop the hemorrhaging. Sadly, it's about to the point where I'm going to leave too.

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 06:31 PM
It'll never happen. Taco has let the morons overtake the Mane and many good posters like Montrose, Kaylore, Wabbit and others refuse to post here because of it. Even a few of the previously solid posters have either become full on douchebags or drama queens.

This place is getting worse by the day and I don't see anyone doing anything to stop the hemorrhaging. Sadly, it's about to the point where I'm going to leave too.

I'm about ready myself to stop posting. It's fine to talk about a player and say you think he stinks. But I doubt any of these people really put much thought into it. One guy wanted him cut because he says all he does is fall over.

Well if you watched his career you would know thats not really true. You would have realized he's only dropped the football 9 times in his whole career. Of those he got most of them back only losing 4. I could believe maybe he knew his spot on team was safe so he didn't run as hard as he could. But I don't see Jordan as a soft player. When I watched him with Raiders he ran hard, as he did with NE.

He has what almost 30 career tds and has always been pretty much a role player.

He's good for 150 carries with very few drops and 5 tds. When you have a vet who can give you that you don't cut him. Especially when your number 1 pick yet to play much.

Broncos feel good about Buck/Jordan/Hillis until Moreno come on strong.

Once that happens I could see the window for releasing Jordan, but that's probably a yr away.

Not to mention young unproven runners like Walker will be out there as FA all yr long. If you need him you can probably get him, or some other comparable young runner. I hear Washington just cut some rb, ever hear of him?ROFL!

cutthemdown
09-05-2009, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Cito Pelon;2541639]Well, they're a little thin at RB, have been since 2004, actually. Just gonna have to make the most of it. Torain is always an option to come back.[/QUOTE

I agree with Moreno dinged Broncos are thin. They really need him to be not just healthy, but a playmaker.

You get him running well and that makes Hillis deadly. I mean how would you like to chase a rb like Moreno around, then we he gets spelled its hillis you have to tackle. That would not be ideal for a defense.

If Moreno just avg, then they aren't really afraid of much because runners like Hillis don't scare defenses as much as the wear them out. Problem is if you lean on Hillis he may get worn down because his style results is a lot of contact.

lex
09-07-2009, 03:57 PM
If McD keeps Jordan its gonna be one of those nepotism picks. He brings nothing to the table. I rewatched the Seahags game and he just fell over once he got to the second level in anticipation of getting hit. Walker runs hungry, likes he actually wants to make this team.

bump

Florida_Bronco
09-07-2009, 04:51 PM
bump

And to the ignore list you go.

Broncos123
09-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Walker, like the way he played in preseason, like his youth / heart

TonyR
09-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Walker is on the practice squad.

DenverBrit
09-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Whatever Turner decides, works for me.

I'm assuming he attended TC, coached the RBs and watched all the film before making his 'rash' decision. 8')