PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd or Jackson?

Bronco Yoda
09-04-2009, 01:26 AM
If it comes down to one of the two, who makes it? Brandon Lloyd or Chad Jackson. Both have made plays.

Florida_Bronco
09-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Jackson.

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Loyd's played better but how much of what he does is also done by Gaffney or Stokley? Jackson's got the best deep speed plus the size. Tough choice.

Bronco Yoda
09-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Which one plays special teams? Jackson?

Bronco Yoda
09-04-2009, 01:34 AM
well then put your vote in Florida Bronco. It's a poll

Popps
09-04-2009, 01:48 AM
To me, it's not even close. Jackson is fine... he's just not going to do anything that our other receivers can't already do. Lloyd has shown repeatedly that you can pitch a ball up there and let him go after it.

If we lose our other Brandon, we've basically got no one we can run an endzone-fade pattern with. Lloyd is a legitimate deep threat and I think McDaniels sees him as a poor man's Randy Moss.

I'll be shocked if he's cut. He's not an every-down WR, but he absolutely represents a skill-set we'll be sorely missing if Marshall is gone.

Cool Breeze
09-04-2009, 05:25 AM
to me, it's not even close. Jackson is fine... He's just not going to do anything that our other receivers can't already do. Lloyd has shown repeatedly that you can pitch a ball up there and let him go after it.

If we lose our other brandon, we've basically got no one we can run an endzone-fade pattern with. Lloyd is a legitimate deep threat and i think mcdaniels sees him as a poor man's randy moss.

I'll be shocked if he's cut. He's not an every-down wr, but he absolutely represents a skill-set we'll be sorely missing if marshall is gone.

this

chrisp
09-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Don't be shocked if we keep both - we don't know what's happening with Marshall, Gaffney's injured and we're running all sorts of spread formations. In the Shanny years it was often a case of 5 or 6, this year we're probably sacrificing RBs for WR so it will be 6 or 7.

If it comes down to it however, my vote is for LLoyd....I'm in agreement with Popps

Broncoman13
09-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Loyd's played better but how much of what he does is also done by Gaffney or Stokley? Jackson's got the best deep speed plus the size. Tough choice.

I voted for Lloyd but you have a good point. Plus another thing that I didn't consider is Jackson's ability to return kicks if need be. Tough decision. Lloyd has really shown a knack for getting open down field. All thru camp he was breaking guys down and showed a lot of savvy, especially on the deep out.

I don't agree with what Rivers was saying last night. I think we'll keep 6 receivers.

Marsh, Royal, Stokes, Gaff, McKinley, and CJax. With Marshall and Gaffney's issues (Head case and injury resp.) I think it is quite possible we keep both CJax AND Brandon Lloyd. At least for the time being.

Sadly, that means we'll likely end up cutting Jarvis Moss to make room for that extra receiver. And I still think that Jarvis will be a player in this league. Cutting him wouldn't be a mistake b/c he is what you would consider a bust at this point... but he'll become a solid contributor somewhere in the NFL. My guess is he goes to a team with a good interior and is able to use his speed. Redskins, Vikings, or Bears would be my guess.

Traveler
09-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Both stay. BM leaves.

TonyR
09-04-2009, 07:16 AM
If the Eagles cut Kevin Curtis, which has been recently rumored as a possibility in the media out here, do we take a look and further muddy up the situation?

Hulamau
09-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Think we would have kept seven WR IF we could sneak Brandstader on the PS. But that wont happen now so we may have to settle for six WR.

Man-Goblin
09-04-2009, 07:53 AM
I wish we could morph the two into a superstar receiver named Lloyd Jackson. Lloyd Jackson is an awesome receiver name.

Br0nc0Buster
09-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Tough call
I would really like to keep both

But I think Lloyd is the superior receiver

s0phr0syne
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
I wish we could morph the two into a superstar receiver named Lloyd Jackson. Lloyd Jackson is an awesome receiver name.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HooptyHoops
09-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Lloyd by a country mile!

Chris
09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Welcome to my thread from earlier in the week

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83698&highlight=lloyd+jackson

I say Lloyd... according to some people here the knock on him was he could make the spectacular catch but not the easy one. He did both last night and has showed up consistently. Bye bye Chad.

underrated29
09-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I have been standing by chad jackson and i still think he is the one that makes the team. Chad has been in the starting line up more often. And like said he can return kicks.

Lloyd has not been in the starting lineup much and his only real noise has been made against 2nd teamers.

i still think its bmarsh,royal,gaff,stok,chad,mckin.

lloyd is the odd man out.

Liquid Courage
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
hmmm. i suppose i chose Jackson on the hope that he has yet to really show what he can do in the NFL whereas Lloyd has clearly shown all that he will ever show. i also didn't like Lloyd's lack of comeback on the route to the end zone in the Bears game - seemed more caught up in getting into the end zone than ensuring he caught and secured the ball. but i definitely agree that Lloyd is amazing in the air and excels in catching at the highest point; bringing a deep threat that we haven't really seen from Jackson.

If only McKinley - who looked scarily like Darius Watts in the end zone last night - could solidify himself as superior to both these guys . . .

gtown
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM
If Moss or Crowder are cut in favor of keeping both these guys I will lose my ****.

Popps
09-04-2009, 10:25 AM
If only McKinley - who looked scarily like Darius Watts in the end zone last night - could solidify himself as superior to both these guys . . .

McKinley is going to be a great contributor to this team. I can't imagine him being cut or even sent to the practice squad. Someone will claim him.

I think his drop last night was just a defender making a smart play. Maybe he didn't cover the ball up well enough, but it looked like as he was securing it, the CB just had his hand in the right place to snap it away.

I expect good things from him.

Rock Chalk
09-04-2009, 10:59 AM
McKinley is a sure fire roster make.

I dont see the fascination with Chad "Bust" Jackson at all.

Not that Brandon Lloyd is heads and shoulders above him but Id take Lloyd over Jackson everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

USMCBladerunner
09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Jackson had a nice catch last night, but I see what Popps sees. Lloyd can go fetch a ball probably better than anyone else we have. He flashes skills that are pretty impressive. I think we should keep him, unless he only puts out on gameday.

underrated29
09-04-2009, 12:20 PM
i think you guys might be disappointed..

FTR- i have no love for chad and was not one of the chad jax guys when he was coming out to be drafted. I just go by what i see on the field and to me chad is on lloyd is not-----if it comes down to those two that is.

PS- Mckinely is guaranteed a spot on the team. he would never ever clear waivers. Hell, Dominic "hesitate" hixon got picked up by the giants after doing nothing receiving wise and returning a few kicks for zilch yards.