Bronco Yoda
09-04-2009, 12:50 AM
He finally showed up tonight.

Broncos4Life
09-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I actually noticed him tonight.

OBF1
09-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Did not see the game.... damn work gets into the way again.

Florida_Bronco
09-04-2009, 01:03 AM
Hard to say. He look decent in the other preseason games so I don't know if this one game will be enough to put him over the hump. I sure hope so though.

enjolras
09-04-2009, 01:10 AM
He made some plays.

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 01:12 AM
It's tough to cut talent when you see it start to come of age, which it appears maybe his finally might be. If I were McD I'd have to consider his injury situation and the things that set him back before now. I think I'd keep him.

Elway777
09-04-2009, 03:04 AM
I think its a tough call bewteen Moss and Crowder. Both players played real well. The Broncos might keep Moss over Crowder because they might be afraid if a another 3-4 team picks him up then could turn into a great player.I think they should be able to get a draft pick for Crowder. I prefer Crowder but would't mind if they keep Moss.

BroncoMan4ever
09-04-2009, 04:22 AM
I think its a tough call bewteen Moss and Crowder. Both players played real well. The Broncos might keep Moss over Crowder because they might be afraid if a another 3-4 team picks him up then could turn into a great player.I think they should be able to get a draft pick for Crowder. I prefer Crowder but would't mind if they keep Moss.

flush both of those draft turds.

i am sorry but Moss has done nothing to show he deserves a spot any longer on the team. just because he looked good against scrubs in the most meaningless preseason game of the year, doesn't mean anything, because when he is playing against real competition he is going to get washed out of plays and start sucking again or being a weekly inactive and we will all be wondering why a roster spot was wasted on him.

and with Crowder, he is just a waste, dump him too.

Florida_Bronco
09-04-2009, 04:53 AM
flush both of those draft turds.

i am sorry but Moss has done nothing to show he deserves a spot any longer on the team. just because he looked good against scrubs in the most meaningless preseason game of the year, doesn't mean anything, because when he is playing against real competition he is going to get washed out of plays and start sucking again or being a weekly inactive and we will all be wondering why a roster spot was wasted on him.

and with Crowder, he is just a waste, dump him too.

Thank God you aren't part of the coaching staff.

kent156
09-04-2009, 06:45 AM
yeah if the broncos played every teams 2rd and 3rd string players

tnedator
09-04-2009, 06:48 AM
I thought he was surely gone prior to this game, now I'm not sure. I think he's right on the bubble, and might have shown enough last night to win a spot. My guess is that Crowder is gone.

Broncoman13
09-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Moss is definitely on the bubble. If he makes the team he is probably the #52 or #53 guy in.

To me what stands out about Moss is his play vs the run. Despite his lanky frame, there isn't another player on this team that plays the run better than Jarvis Moss. This isn't new either. It's not like this is the first time he has shown that ability. He is very consistent vs the run and each time he gets a little more time he shows something more vs the pass. He'll be a solid contributor for some team in the NFL. If it's not the Broncos I can certainly understand it b/c to this point he's been a bust for sure. But the light is on and you can see that he is finally getting "it" and the production is there. Everyone is talking about what he's done vs 2nd and 3rd stringers, IMO he's shown enough to get a shot vs 1st stringers... but I'm not the coach and can understand going in either direction. Also keep in mind that he plays STs. He is on both the first Punt Return Team and FG Block teams. Haven't noticed him on Kick coverage or anything else though.

Broncos_OTM
09-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Moss is definitely on the bubble. If he makes the team he is probably the #52 or #53 guy in.

To me what stands out about Moss is his play vs the run. Despite his lanky frame, there isn't another player on this team that plays the run better than Jarvis Moss. This isn't new either. It's not like this is the first time he has shown that ability. He is very consistent vs the run and each time he gets a little more time he shows something more vs the pass. He'll be a solid contributor for some team in the NFL. If it's not the Broncos I can certainly understand it b/c to this point he's been a bust for sure. But the light is on and you can see that he is finally getting "it" and the production is there. Everyone is talking about what he's done vs 2nd and 3rd stringers, IMO he's shown enough to get a shot vs 1st stringers... but I'm not the coach and can understand going in either direction. Also keep in mind that he plays STs. He is on both the first Punt Return Team and FG Block teams. Haven't noticed him on Kick coverage or anything else though.
made the teckle on hester to save the td

elsid13
09-04-2009, 07:11 AM

Ability and willingness to plays on ST is what going to play in his favor come Turk day.

TonyR
09-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Roster decisions will be even more difficult and interesting when other teams' cuts come out. You figure there will be at least a handful of cuts that the Broncos will have to at least consider taking a serious look at. So we could potentially have a player or two lose a roster spot to players who aren't even currently on the team.

gtown
09-04-2009, 07:26 AM
I hope Jarvis makes it. He has been effective in preseason especially at setting the edge on rushing plays to his side. Besides last night, it's been hard to tell how much his pass rushing has improved. They have him out there against the 2nd and 3rd teams, and it seems to me that those groups run the ball a lot more than the average 1st team.

I hope McD can see the hard work that Jarvis has put in, and the fact that he wants to be in Denver, as opposed to certain other Bronco players...

bloodsunday
09-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah he finally showed up against Arizona's 5th string.

We all know the only reason he's still in camp is so Denver didn't go after his signing bonus for quiting.

Say bye-bye to another Shanahan whiff.

Garcia Bronco
09-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I hope so. I hope so. I am rooting for him.

Garcia Bronco
09-04-2009, 07:56 AM
It's tough to cut talent when you see it start to come of age, which it appears maybe his finally might be. If I were McD I'd have to consider his injury situation and the things that set him back before now. I think I'd keep him.

I agree. Especially considering who's been coaching him.

Garcia Bronco
09-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah he finally showed up against Arizona's 5th string.

We all know the only reason he's still in camp is so Denver didn't go after his signing bonus for quiting.

Say bye-bye to another Shanahan whiff.

It wasn't 5th string. It was their 2nd and 3rd.

MileHighMagic
09-04-2009, 08:09 AM
He is a goner. Thx for the memories! Maybe after he is cut we can get back to talking about NFL caliber players.

oubronco
09-04-2009, 08:12 AM
He played just like he did in the college championship game which got him drafted as high as he went and I'm not sure he's done enough over the entire preseason to save himself

Dukes
09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
I hope he makes it. His anticipation of the snap and first step are incredible.

_Oro_
09-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Everyone says it takes 3 years for Dline to develop and this is going to be his 3rd year...

He turned it on for the first time last night we gotta see if he can learn to do that every game/ every practice.

Br0nc0Buster
09-04-2009, 08:22 AM
I hope so
He is also playing special teams, so that will help his cause

He made some plays in the backfield last night, but his pass rush still doesnt impress me

yerner
09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Yeah, when he gets off the ball and makes a strong move the broncos don't have anybody like him. He is impressive when he is playing well.

Garcia Bronco
09-04-2009, 08:58 AM
He is playing linebacker now and haas the size to do so.

lex
09-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Who is there to back up Dumervil? Ayers? He hasnt shown anythiing either. As I said before, he played really well against Seattle. I wish I could have seen him last night. I dozed off with the game on NFLN.

jutang
09-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Moss is starting to show flashes in a 3-4 system. Something he never did in the 4-3. I really hope the Broncos hold on to him one more season to see what he can do given how most scout thought he'd be a more natural fit a 3-4.

cutthemdown
09-04-2009, 09:11 AM

a pick for a guy who not only hasn't started, but hasn't even played a bkup role really? I doubt it, but maybe a 7th. Seriously though I doubt any team would give anything for Crowder.

uplink
09-04-2009, 09:50 AM
he has potential to become a rare player thought hasn't shown much till last night. I'd keep him a year longer if possible.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

gtown
09-04-2009, 09:57 AM
I'd keep him a year longer. It looks like his metabolism has slowed down a bit and that the light bulb has turned on for him.

He is quick off the snap and can get to the QB. He is good at setting the edge on running plays and is fast in pursuit. He doesn't do well when they run directly at him, but neither does Doom. If Elvis goes down, who will be the difference maker at OLB? None that I can see right now. But Moss at least looks like its within his physical capabilities to do so.

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2009, 10:07 AM
79% in favor of keeping him. That's got to be a total 180. A couple weeks ago he was the target of unrelenting verbal assault. It would be sweet if this guy actually breaks out.

rastaman
09-04-2009, 10:24 AM

I noticed improvement with Moss as well, despite he wasn't playing against the AZ's starters. He's still a work in progress. McD may give up on him to soon. And if so, a team that is known for developing Def. players in terms of strength training, weight gain, and intensed fundamental training how to play his position; will get the most mileage out of Moss. Teams that come to mind are the Ravens, Steelers, and Titans.

Point is, with Moss's history of games missed due to injuries in college and the pros, he hasn't had much gameday experience and hasn't gotten used to playing on the NFL level.......so he's still a work in progress. However, since McD has the Broncos in a rebuilding process of two or three years the Broncos should continue developing him or cut him and allow another team to develop him.

OOJack
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Here's a run on for you...

How can anyone think he deserves a roster spot based on 2 sh*tty NFL years, and 1 good last game of the preseason where the only team playing hard was the one that got it's @ss handed to them the three previous preseason games because we have an egomaniac for a coach.

You actually think the defending NFC champs are going to go all out in the last game of the preseason and risk injuries? The Broncos looked good because they had to to save face. Moss sucks, period.

I hope I get proved wrong by both Moss and the Hamburgler McD... Go Broncos!

Elway777
09-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Another thing a notice is Moss is pretty good in dropping into coverage. I could see Ayers playing 1 and 2 down at rush linebacker then moving to Defensive end with Moss comming in. Teams will have a hard time Knowing if Moss will Rush or drop back in coverage. Moss could be better in coverage then Crowder which could give him edge .

underrated29
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I would like to see us keep him. But not over crowder.

Crowder was bringing the heat all night long. Chasing down plays from the opposite side of the field. He was always around the ball. I think he only got one sack but should have had a couple. One play the Qb deked him and the rest of the defense. (that qb is a fast little bugger). The other he just didnt wrap up the QB.

I liked what i saw in tc and i like in the games.

Back to moss- he looked good, well ok. I think his problem is, is he is thinking to much out there. You can see it. He just quite isnt sure what he wants to do. He needs to just do it. I would like to see him stay, but wouldnt be overly upset if he doesnt.

I am though not impressed with darrell reid, even though he got the pick. The other games-he just is average in my eyes.

Bronco Yoda
09-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Looks like the OM was on the same page as the coaching staff. Or maybe they're starting to listen to us......ok, maybe back to us being on the same page as them....

Atwater His Ass
09-06-2009, 12:28 AM
i find i could care less how the mane "rates" a player with the orange colored glasses on.

i can't stand McD, but one thing I do like is that he brings an outside view of the "talent" on this team and makes cuts accordingly.

bottom line is that both Moss and Crowder haven't done **** in their time with Denver, and Moss is lucky to have made the team.

Bronco Yoda
09-06-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm guessing he was #53 who made the team :). That was a close one Jarvis.