PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Marshall traded to the Jets for Harris and a 4th

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 09:50 PM
Jets cave to Marshall demands and also supplement compensation with a 4th.

This has NOT been confirmed. Posting only to try and beat any other leaks to the punch.

Most recent update not included:

http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/09/report_jets_david_harris_menti.html

Broncobiv
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
So you should probably put a "?" or something in the thread title?

LongDongJohnson
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Jets cave to Marshall demands and also supplement compensation with a 4th.

This has NOT been confirmed. Posting only to try and beat any other leaks to the punch.

Most recent update not included:

http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/09/report_jets_david_harris_menti.html

really??

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Im trying actually. Lots of server issues trying to update this thread. My apologies to everyone. Not to trying to fool people.

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
really??

Not trying to predict anything or ruin/sabotage anything.

footstepsfrom#27
09-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Do it.

LongDongJohnson
09-03-2009, 09:55 PM
dont know what to think if its true.

lazarus4444
09-03-2009, 09:56 PM
wtf rev? This story only rehashed what has been talked about the last few days??

baja
09-03-2009, 09:56 PM
attention whore

Rocket 7
09-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Meow

Chris
That article doesn't mention anything about Harris and a fourth or that it's happening for real

bombay
Hooray.

More bull****.

bronco militia
09-03-2009, 09:58 PM
still waiting

Lev Vyvanse
That article doesn't mention anything about Harris and a fourth or that it's happening for real

What he said.

LongDongJohnson
need info now.

will reward with 10 internet points

NFLBRONCO
09-03-2009, 09:59 PM
If this happens how is the 2010 WR class (Sorry Dave)

LongDongJohnson
09-03-2009, 10:00 PM

he said in the originial post that it isnt confirmed and he doesnt have the most recent update.

i guess he has some kind of super inside source.
better then adam schefter

baja
still waiting

He's sleeping it off.

Rocket 7
meow

broncos-rock
09-03-2009, 10:02 PM
This is fricken the same BS that we have heard for days......mods can we at least change the title!!!!

Los Broncos
But but mcd said he wouldn't trade him.

baja
McD is on the phones during the game completing a trade - right people

As Mock would say "Buy a vowel"

Rocket 7
09-03-2009, 10:03 PM
*meow*

Durango
09-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Are you kidding? Can't this coach tell anyone the truth about anything? God d*mn. How can we ever trust anything this idiot says, and I'm assuming this is true. The Reverend hasn't ever posted garbage team news. I understand Harris is a player, but this is incredibly upsetting. Damn this coach!

Chris
09-03-2009, 10:06 PM
This is enough to give a 20 year old a heart attack

Rocket 7
09-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Are you kidding? Can't this coach tell anyone the truth about anything? God d*mn. How can we ever trust anything this idiot says, and I'm assuming this is true. The Reverend hasn't ever posted garbage team news. I understand Harris is a player, but this is incredibly upsetting. Damn this coach!

gullible meow

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 10:10 PM
gullible meow

This.

Sorry for not labeling thread more accurately and hoping a mod can clear that up.

Regardless, this comes from a decent source, but is still a "rumor" none-the-less.

My apologies for the mis-labeling... I have been drinking. Not intentionally throwing anyone off or trolling.

Rocket 7
09-03-2009, 10:15 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTunhRVyREU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LTunhRVyREU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chris
09-03-2009, 10:16 PM
This.

Sorry for not labeling thread more accurately and hoping a mod can clear that up.

Regardless, this comes from a decent source, but is still a "rumor" none-the-less.

My apologies for the mis-labeling... I have been drinking. Not intentionally throwing anyone off or trolling.

I thought you were a priest. Who do we go to for booze free bronco posts now?

Lolad
09-03-2009, 10:17 PM
move this thread or merge it.. I seriously was about to go to bed upset

Pseudofool
09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
What's with the cat noises? Someone educate my interweb ignorance.

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Apologies, I eff'ed on the thread title. I reported MYSELF to the mods and am hoping for an edit.

Sorry guys.

Pretty-reliable source though.

SureShot
09-03-2009, 10:34 PM
What's with the cat noises? Someone educate my interweb ignorance.

Damn cats!

Killericon
09-03-2009, 10:34 PM
http://ui01.gamespot.com/96/worstphotoshopever1_2.jpg

footstepsfrom#27
09-03-2009, 10:43 PM
McD is on the phones during the game completing a trade - right people

As Mock would say "Buy a vowel"
Maybe he was texting. Ha!

McMastermind
09-03-2009, 10:46 PM
bombshell!!!

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 10:56 PM
bombshell!!!

If I felt it were on the same level as Jamie Dukes issue... I'd probably cut my wrists.

Sorry for anyone I may have stimulated from their sleep routine.

Regardless, this source is pretty reliable and I would not be surprised if Marshall got traded for Harris and a 4th within 12 hours

Time will tell. I won't mind looking like a fool. If I do, I apologize to any Maners that were mis-lead by this thread. Sincerely.

baja
09-03-2009, 10:58 PM
If I felt it were on the same level as Jamie Dukes issue... I'd probably cut my wrists.

Sorry for anyone I may have stimulated from their sleep routine.

Regardless, this source is pretty reliable and I would not be surprised if Marshall got traded for Harris and a 4th within 12 hours

Time will tell. I won't mind looking like a fool. If I do, I apologize to any Maners that were mis-lead by this thread. Sincerely.

Go to bed Rev.

TheReverend
09-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Go to bed Rev.

Soon, baja.

SureShot
09-03-2009, 11:05 PM
bombshell!!!

I wouldn't trust the Rev to watch my fish but his sources are usually pretty solid.

Mr. Trout
09-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Marshall is gone in one trade or another...I will never ever quit being a Denver fan but this is just crazy and pathetic. How did it all go so wrong??

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 11:15 PM
No way this is true. Schefter would have been all over it. I call complete BS.

Archer81
09-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Eh. If it happens this way it happens.

:Broncos:

JCMElway
09-03-2009, 11:25 PM
I like Davis but I wish we could have pushed it to a 2nd or 3rd instead.

(Allegedly.)

Popps
09-03-2009, 11:42 PM
I think sober Rev is going to bash is own thread tomorrow. :P

Popps
09-03-2009, 11:43 PM
I like Davis but I wish we could have pushed it to a 2nd or 3rd instead.

(Allegedly.)

Here's the thing... if we can get a legitimate starting LB, who's potentially a stud... and a middle round pick... and move on with our lives, I think it's best for everyone.

Yes, I know we can wait a year and potentially get a 1st and 3rd, but there's no telling if that happens.

A sure-fire starter for the defense and a pick is a lot for a guy with Brandon's risk/contract demands.

I still don't think we're trading him, but I like this idea.

OBF1
09-03-2009, 11:44 PM
A-hole

McMastermind
09-03-2009, 11:51 PM
A-hole

How are those new windows holding up D? d:-)

See ya at Wang's in a few weeks.....Hopefully my ban will be up by then!

atomicbloke
09-04-2009, 12:16 AM
We are getting raped in this trade.

The pick should be ~at least~ a 2nd.

ChSuperStar
09-04-2009, 01:05 AM

all coaches are supposed to advertise everywhere that they have been talking about one of there players to the whole world. next time we shall write it into the contract a coach signs

Rulon Velvet Jones
09-04-2009, 04:13 AM
What the ****? That column mentioned nothing of the sort. Why is this here?

theAPAOps5
09-04-2009, 05:36 AM
Guys I don't think Rev is trying to mess with us, honestly.

broncofan7
09-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Supposedly 104.3 the fan was reporting this last night--I saw it on another Broncos related messsage board with a thread entitled "Marshall on a plane heading to NY"--I have not seen it anywhere else........

TonyR
09-04-2009, 05:54 AM
Guys I don't think Rev is trying to mess with us, honestly.

Maybe not, but I'd think the rabid NY media would be all over it. It's almost 9:00am here on the east coast and there's nothing. I'll believe it when I see it, but right now I don't.

cousinal11
09-04-2009, 05:55 AM
Maybe not, but I'd think the rabid NY media would be all over it. It's almost 9:00am here on the east coast and there's nothing.

Exactly what I was thinking.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-04-2009, 06:25 AM
What this thread needs is BACON:
http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/bacon-bra-01.jpg

Tombstone RJ
09-04-2009, 06:29 AM
What this thread needs is BACON:
http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/bacon-bra-01.jpg

bacon bra, ummmm tasty....

Beantown Bronco
09-04-2009, 06:34 AM
I think the Jets would have to throw in a gallon of unicorn jizz to even it up.

want2bAbronco2
09-04-2009, 07:35 AM
I like Harris, but a 4th is stupid. Should be a 3rd with chance of 2nd or 1st depending on playing time and stats.

Durango
09-04-2009, 07:38 AM
all coaches are supposed to advertise everywhere that they have been talking about one of there players to the whole world. next time we shall write it into the contract a coach signs

Aw, stick it dude! This guy has chanting his love for players he has no intention of coaching including Cutler, and now, if this is true, Marshall. I'm so sick of this secretive, backroom bull**** from this clown. If true, it changes the dynamic of the offense in a big way in my opinion, and not in a positive way either. It just seems this man-child is determined to destroy this offense, for what reason, I can only guess; it's a Belichick thing. Why doesn't he just start a church to his god and name all the players monks. That way the Broncos could be non-profit. Big money in that.

Popcorn Sutton
09-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Aw, stick it dude! This guy has chanting his love for players he has no intention of coaching including Cutler, and now, if this is true, Marshall. I'm so sick of this secretive, backroom bull**** from this clown. If true, it changes the dynamic of the offense in a big way in my opinion, and not in a positive way either. It just seems this man-child is determined to destroy this offense, for what reason, I can only guess; it's a Belichick thing. Why doesn't he just start a church to his god and name all the players monks. That way the Broncos could be non-profit. Big money in that.

Bingo. Did ya even follow the link? It's says absolutely nothing new. Adam Schefter himself said there have been no trade discussions between the Jets and Broncos. But go on planning your next McDaniels hate post.

Durango
09-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Bingo. Did ya even follow the link? It's says absolutely nothing new. Adam Schefter himself said there have been no trade discussions between the Jets and Broncos. But go on planning your next McDaniels hate post.

C'mon man. It's not just Marshall, or even Cutler. It's the whole climate, like the upper extremity injury jibberish. What's he going to do after cutting 23 players; tell the public they're not cut, just 'inactive for the Bronco season"? It's silliness for the sake of nothing in particular.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-04-2009, 07:55 AM
C'mon man. It's not just Marshall, or even Cutler. It's the whole climate, like the upper extremity injury jibberish. What's he going to do after cutting 23 players; tell the public they're not cut, just 'inactive for the Bronco season"? It's silliness for the sake of nothing in particular.

Oh noooooes! An NFL coach lying about injuries!? Well I'm disgusted, as that never ever ever happens in this league, and CERTAINLY never happened with Shanahan.

:wiggle:

houghtam
09-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Oh noooooes! An NFL coach lying about injuries!? Well I'm disgusted, as that never ever ever happens in this league, and CERTAINLY never happened with Shanahan.

Agreed. What was it, 2003 or 2004 when Shanahan was fined for manipulating the injury report? I knew pot caused short-term memory loss, but I want some of what these people are smoking.

Broncos4tw
09-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Meh.. the injury thing has always been screwed with, with all smart coaches. While it's more obvious with Orton, they do this so that opposing players can't target a specific part of the player once he comes back. Lower extremity makes it a bit more nebulous, that's all.

Durango
09-04-2009, 08:04 AM

It's not lying, or about lying. It's code-speak, it's a secret you see, and if he pulls this crap in the regular season the NFL will lop off the one of two draft choices this guy hasn't already traded away.

bowtown
09-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Rev can't be trusted on stuff like this. He was the one running around earlier in the week saying that he really liked Bledsoe's mobility and that we were close to signing him for 2 years and like 30 mil.

crowebomber
09-04-2009, 08:15 AM
I think we need to start a 14,000 post rule.

Rohirrim
09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Whatever is best for the team, that's what I'm down for.

ColoradoBuff
09-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Supposedly 104.3 the fan was reporting this last night--I saw it on another Broncos related messsage board with a thread entitled "Marshall on a plane heading to NY"--I have not seen it anywhere else........

Well if 104.3 The Fan said it.....we know it's not true!

ChSuperStar
09-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Still nothing, waiting to hear more. I am fine with DW and 4th if they add erik ainge to the deal.

dbfan21
09-04-2009, 09:45 AM
BM doesn't deserve another thread dedicated to him, so I am lumpin it in this one....

Broncos' Brandon Marshall writes the idiot's guide to wide receiving

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jeff_pearlman/09/04/marshall/index.html?eref=sihpT1

They are all out there.

Matt Bouza. Ernest Givins. Terance Mathis. Antonio Freeman. Carl Pickens.

They are all alive.

Anthony Carter. David Boston. Eddie Brown. Eric Martin. Ricky Sanders.

They were all star wide receivers; big names making big bucks for big teams in the big spotlights on the biggest stages.

Jerry Butler. Alvin Harper. Webster Slaughter.

If they knocked on your front door today, would you recognize them? Even if they held signs reading I PLAYED WIDE RECEIVER IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE? Even if they were donning their own uniforms? With their last names scrawled across their backs? In neon writing? In English, Egyptian and Japanese?

Wesley Walker. John Jefferson. Freddie Scott.

That's the thing way too many professional athletes seem to forget -- how this Sunday's glory is next Sunday's fish wrap. Yes, America loves its jocks. We will grant them free meals and first-class upgrades and tickets to the finest shows in town. We will click on their websites and purchase their clothing lines and select them first in our fantasy drafts. We will beg and cry and scream as they pass by. "Please, Mr. Carson, can I have your autograph?"

This last example dates back to 1987, when Kansas City's Carlos Carson ranked fourth in the NFL with 1,044 receiving yards. Today, Carson owns two McDonald's franchises in Independence, Mo. -- a fact I am able to share solely because of the existence of Wikipedia. (For all you know, good people of Independence, those same hands scooping your fries once caught footballs thrown by Bill Kenney!)

I bring this up only because in Brandon Marshall, a 25-year-old Denver Broncos receiver, I see an idiot.

An idiot in need of perspective.

Alfred Jenkins. Kevin House. Lionel Manuel.

In the aftermath of last season, during which he ranked third in the NFL with 104 catches and seventh with 1,265 yards, Marshall decided he deserved a new contract. It was a fair enough take -- he has one year remaining on a deal that will pay him $2.2 million (not exactly big bucks among the league's elite pass catchers). When the Broncos refused to renegotiate, however, Marshall faced a difficult dilemma. He could:

A. Man up, play his tail off (with the obvious risk of injury) and break the bank in free agency (the market for 26-year-old superstud receivers -- very, very, very good).

B. Hold out, negotiate behind the scenes and either come to an agreement or skip the season.

C. Go Stephon Marbury on us.

Marshall (sigh) picked C.

In what will inevitably be chronicled in the Best Way to Screw Up Your Reputation dictionary, Marshall demanded a trade, had the demand denied, then reported to training camp and mimicked the behavior of my 2 1/2-year-old son, sans a nap. He whined. He pouted. He moped. He was held out of a preseason game after admitting he didn't know the playbook, then behaved petulantly during a practice open to the news media.

With mouths agape, Marshall walked as his teammates jogged, swatted a pass thrown his way and punted a ball that was supposed to be handed to a ball boy. After the video of his boorish behavior surfaced (hardly a shocker, considering cameras were rolling), Marshall apologized ("I think everybody knows there's a lot of stuff built up there, and me handling it that way wasn't good," he told ESPN), but it was too late -- the team suspended him for insubordination.

Ken Burrough. Ray Jarvis. Daryl Turner.

Predictably, there is talk the Broncos will wash their hands of Marshall; that, come day's end, the pampered player will win out. Maybe he'll go to the New York Jets, with their run-oriented offense and rookie quarterback. Or to the Chicago Bears, reunited with Jay Cutler, another emancipated Denver whiner.

Whatever happens, Marshall needs to remember that 1,000-yard wide receivers do grow on trees. For every Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin, men whose legacies lasted and whose fame is unfading, there are 100 other once-upon-a-time "big game players" now grasping onto that last lick of glory by working the card show circuit and attaching their uniform numbers to the end of their e-mail addresses.

They are out there. They certainly are.

gyldenlove
09-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Whatever happens, Marshall needs to remember that 1,000-yard wide receivers do grow on trees. For every Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin, men whose legacies lasted and whose fame is unfading, there are 100 other once-upon-a-time "big game players" now grasping onto that last lick of glory by working the card show circuit and attaching their uniform numbers to the end of their e-mail addresses.

They are out there. They certainly are.

How many WRs have consecutive 100 reception seasons? 9, in the history of the NFL. They really do grow on trees, of those 9, only 3 are active (Wes Welker, Randy Moss and Brandon Marshall). Michael Irvin does have a lasting legacy and unfaiding fame, but not because of his play, it is because of his acting up, just the same way Terrell Owens has lasting fame. Both players by the way outperformed on the field by Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce of lesser fame. Michael Irvin is in fact close to being outperformed by a TIGHT END! When it comes to being a WR, behaving poorly is a much better way of being remembered than dominating on the field.

How is Elways reputation doing? how about Eli Manning? they both whined their way out of town and to my knowledge they are both well respected.

TonyR
09-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Are we sure that McDortoh didn't hack into Rev's account last night?

ZONA
09-04-2009, 10:35 AM

Yup, better just save yourself the trouble and not watch the games. Hilarious!