PDA

View Full Version : Raiders listed as "least profitable" in NFL

dbfan21
09-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Found this snippet on si.com:

Forbes magazine, famous for its rich lists, just came out with its evaluations of the 32 NFL teams. No surprise, Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys tops the list with a current value of $1.65 billion. Only two NFL teams are unprofitable: the Seattle Seahawks, who lost $2.4 million, and the biggest loser of them all, the Oakland Raiders. Al Davis' once wondrous franchise is now the least valuable NFL club at a "mere" $797 million, plus the Raiders had the biggest operating loss in the league at $5.7 million.

-Los Angeles Times

LOLROFL!Ha!:spit::D8'):sunshine::approve:

Archer81
09-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I saw that list. We are 10th. Just over a billion dollars in value for the Broncos franchise.

:Broncos:

Doggcow
09-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Haha Seahawks.

KYChamp24
09-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Most of that Value for the C-Boys is in that HD TV

Doggcow
09-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Most of that Value for the C-Boys is in GODZILLA-TRON

fixed

Bronx33
09-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Well you would think davis would sell the club but hes obviously not in it for the money and still doesn't understand that ( hes ) the problem. LONG LIVE AL DAVIS!!

dbfan21
09-03-2009, 11:45 AM
As long as Al Davis is involved in the Raiders, they will continue to suck on and off the field. The poo certainly flows downstream and there is no bigger septic tank than Greasy Al.

Bronco Yoda
09-03-2009, 12:00 PM
If I recall, we were sitting at #10 with #8,9 & 10 at a virtual tie. Bowlen can't be doing all that bad.

bendog
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Bowlen gets no sympathy from me. Recall he paid 70 million 25 years ago, and borrowed a chunk of that. I think he may have "only" had 30 million of his own. But, he's been a good owner in the sense he kept his word, up till now, about spending the money to have competitive teams. I'm not sure he's still willing to pay that price. An owner can take a lot of cash out if he only has payroll that meets the minimum specified in the CBA, and even that will not apply .... I guess, until there's a new agreement with the NFLPA.

But, he's been a prince for an owner. And, outside what he is paid by the Broncos for being CEO, or whatever his title is, he doens't have income from outside like Blank Lerner Jones Johnson, etc. It may be time to move on.

Pontius Pirate
09-03-2009, 02:47 PM
In all fairness, they might be least profitable, but they are MOST adorable

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2LtZ1lp19eI/SL4uU6bv-sI/AAAAAAAAAVU/ZlRzrEpGsDo/s400/raiders+loss.jpg

scorpio
09-03-2009, 03:09 PM
He just needs enough to keep him in new walkers and jumpsuits.

cutthemdown
09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Haha Seahawks.

trust me there owner doesn't care. Seahawk players get treated very well. They have there own plane, they stay in great hotels, he spends a ton on the team and could care less what he makes off it.

I think the Hawks have there own posh, pimped out 757. They aren't hurting up in Seattle. They just don't care if the team makes money.

Hogan11
09-03-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm surprised, given the large, hammerheaded following that the Raiders have and all.

It still warms the heart to see that franchise being slowly destroyed though.

cutthemdown
09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Call me crazy but I wish Raiders, Chiefs, and the Broncos get really good.

It makes you tough, makes you ready for playoffs if you survive.

I mean one yr we had to beat KC in playoffs to advance right? Those were good times.

This crap we have now just isn't what it's all about.

Binkythefrog
09-03-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm surprised, given the large, hammerheaded following that the Raiders have and all.

It still warms the heart to see that franchise being slowly destroyed though.

Can't be too decimated though. Watching the Broncos wouldn't be the same without the Chiefs and Raiders around.

And they make the Broncos not seem so dysfunctional.

lex
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I saw that list. We are 10th. Just over a billion dollars in value for the Broncos franchise.

:Broncos:

We used to be ranked higher. Still though, 1 billion is a good point for Pat to sell.